• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 8,684 Views, 270 Comments

The Guardian's story - Lon35hadow



You know the drill: guy goes to convention dressed up, buys something, and is sent to Equestria. The difference: I became three different people

  • ...
45
 270
 8,684

The war begins

Oryx

"Have the reinforcements from Zulu arrived, along with the prisoners?" I asked Didact, who had his helmet on. It's been a month since we decimated that Griffon scouting group, and both of us were in the war room, with a table between both of us, a magical hologram of the Ecumene and surrounding countries shown on it. The prisoners i was referring to were Changeling prisoners Zulu sent, along with pegasai, unicorn, and earth pony prisoners with no hope of redemption.

"Yes, not an hour ago," Didact replied. "The prisoners are in the dungeons under the keep waiting for your hand."

I nodded. "Excellent. And that signature the mages picked up five minutes ago?"

"Still not identified," he said. "Entirely, anyways. They can tell, however, that the dimensional energies are not those of this world."

"Great," I sarcastically said. "Have a pegasai scout group go and check it out. If there's no indications of it being hostile, have them escort or bring whatever it is here if possible."

"Minute ago," Didact said. "One of the mages transferred to the military, and gave me the full run down, and he issued the order. Was able to jury rig a radio with his magic and a few non-critical pieces of my armor-I would know if it's critical or not considering- and they'll be there in five minutes."

I nodded. "Excellent. "What do our scouts in Griffonia say?"

"Armies massing at multiple points across the border, total size being something we can only take down with a miracle, a space fleet, or your army if it consists of fifty percent of their troops."

"None of which are possible now," I said. "I'm still trying to understand everything of Oryx's abilities, seeing as how I did not gain them the way the in-game version did."

"Yeah, I can imagine they're harder to learn than my abilities," Didact said in a cocky tone. "So, how's Sekana?"

"Well," I replied. "Clover and Platinum usually take care of her whenever I can't. Balance?"

"Hurricane and Pansy seem to enjoy looking after her," he replied. "Let's hope we can end this war quick, so that we can see them grow."

"Yes, that we agree on," I lamented before Didact spoke into his radio.

"Go, Lieutenant. . . . Well, what do they look like? . . . Seriously, that's the best you can come up with? I thought you were good at describing things. (sigh) Look, if they aren't hostile, contact them, and lead them here so we can meet them, got it? . . . Good. I'll see you when you get back or never."

"Your scouts?" I asked.

"Yeah, they made contact. Visual, at least," he said. "Said they looked like smaller versions of us in basic appearance, meaning no muzzle and such, and wore different armor styles, one having mostly robes."

"That sounds familiar," I mused.

"Yeah, same here," he replied. "They said they'll be here in two minutes."

"How?" I asked.

"No idea, they just said the contacts had some sort of vehicle that was extremely quick," he said. "Honestly, I hope whatever they are, they're willing to help us. We'll need it with this war."

"Yes, that is a given," I shot back. "I simply hope they have weapons that are useful."

"That too."

So, from there, two minutes passed before one of Didact's pegasai scouts came into the room "We've brought them here, sirs," he said.

Didact nodded. "Bring them in, but make sure they aren't armed."

"Sir," he said, saluting, before exiting the room as I edged my hand closer to Willbreaker, which was leaning on the table. After a few seconds, the doors opened again.

"Shit," I heard Didact mutter before the new arrivals spoke up.

"You know what, I'm not even surprised anymore, what given the mirror-verse and the last timeline we were in," one said.

"Yeah, can't argue there," a second, more robotic sounding voice said, making turn around, and thus confirming a guess of mine.

Standing there were three Guardians- a Hunter clad in blue with his right sleeve being yellow, with a white, red, and purple cloak on his back, with a blue glow from the helmet and other main armor parts, meaning he was wearing the Spektar FWC armor with their exotic cloak. On his right was a Warlock wearing the Warlock variation of the armor with the same shader. Same with the Titan.

"So, then, I assume you three are Displaced as well?" I asked.

"Okay, that's new," the Hunter said. "A Displaced Oryx and Displaced Didact. All we need now is Spartan Josh and a Displaced Crota, and we got a party."

"I'll take that as a yes," I muttered. "So, then, what are your names?"

"Cybis," the Warlock said as he bowed slightly.

"Rhino-13," the Titan said.

"Josh," the Hunter said as he raised his hand.

"Odd," I said. "I had a brother who had that name."

"Yeah, well, I'm not him," Josh said. "Didn't have one before this, and Rhino and Cybis are my brothers now."

"How so?" Didact asked.

"When we were Displaced," Cybis said, "we were one person, Josh being the main personality there. Upon arriving in our Equestria, we were split into the forms we see now. Though trust me, we aren't your ordinary Guardians, as we're willing and able to use the Darkness."

"Well, that's useful," I said. "You see, if the pegasai didn't inform you, we're in the sights of the Griffons, and they are massing a large army that would steamroll over the Ecumene-"

"What?" Josh asked.

"What we decided to call our nation," I answered. "Anyways, the size of the army would steamroll us, as I still am learning to use my abilities to their best, and we have but a small army."

"Yeah, sounds like you guys'll need help," Rhino said. "Harmony, care to get us our weapons?"

At first, I thought he was speaking to the air, but then, nine weapons-two swords, one having an arc core and the other solar, one rocket launcher that looked as if it was made of blackened bone and red muscle, three shotguns, two auto rifles and one pulse rifle, appeared on the guardians, the primary weapons in their hands. "So, when's the war start?" Josh asked as I smiled.

"Soon," I said, turning back to the table as I saw a portion of the border light up, indicating Griffons had passed it. "Very soon."

Author's Note:

And so thus begins the Griffon war arc- which will all be a crossover between this story and others, but mainly my other story, The Shadow Kings. In story, it will span decades, so expect time jumps.