• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 8,658 Views, 270 Comments

The Guardian's story - Lon35hadow



You know the drill: guy goes to convention dressed up, buys something, and is sent to Equestria. The difference: I became three different people

  • ...
45
 270
 8,658

A new ally arrives

A few months have passed since me and the other two Guardians arrived in this universe, and, currently, I was on a ridge overlooking a Griffon forward base, the Hereafter sniper rifle in hand. "What's it look like, Josh?" Rhino asked me over the radio.

"We got at least fifty griffons on the outside for patrol at a time, another fifty inside, thirty of which are guarding the objective, and from what I can tell, they're the elite ones." The three of us had been dispatched by Oryx to come here as a few hours ago, the unicorn mages picked up a signature similar to the one we had made upon arrival, and he wanted us to check it out should it be a new displaced, and make sure they wouldn't be helping the Griffons. "You got the surprise ready for 'em?"

"In place," Cybis replied. "Just needs to be activated."

"Copy, we start on my mark. I'll provide sniper support."

"Roger that. Cybis, make sure to stay close to me in case they got something explosive."

"You know I was going to do that anyway, Rhino. But don't expect me to run off if I have a clear shot at the objective."

"I expected that," Rhino shot back.

"Okay people, enough chatter, let's get ready," I said as I aimed my sniper at the wall closest to me, where I saw a small package, and set my crosshairs on it. "On the signal."

"Understood," the Titan and Warlock said.

With that, I slowed my breathing, and looked at my target. "Boom," I whispered before pulling the trigger, firing the bullet, causing the gun to kick into my shoulder as the bullet hit it's mark, causing a large explosion to serve as the distraction. "Move in."

Rhino

"Move in."

"You heard him," I said to Cybis as I grabbed my Auto rifle, which was An answering chord, the Vanguard suros auto rifle, the abilities being the same as the one you get from the quests after defeating Oryx in game, while Cybis was using the Paleocontact auto rifle, the Dead orbit one. "Let's go."

I was also currently wearing the Vanguard armor set. The one that had the final stand of First Pillar titans, I forget the name currently, while Cybis was wearing the Bindcaster armor, the one with the quotes from Toland in the flavor text. "Right," Cybis said, nodding before we moved into the Griffon base using a hole I had made with my solar charged fist, the sound covered by the explosion. Cybis and I moved quickly, our weapons raised and at the shoulder, an eye on our tracker, one eye in front of us. I was up front, Cybis behind me and keeping an eye on our sides.

"Guys, I have three Griffons in front of you, twelve 'o clock, backs turned," Josh reported over the radio.

"Copy that, we'll avoid and reroute."

"Not possible, they've set up groups at major points. You'll encounter ones regardless, and those in front are the ones that seem to be those least prepared."

"Understood," I said, and we continued to move forward, the griffons now in tracker range. Once we were close, I aimed my rifle and pulled the trigger twice, delivering a two shot burst into two of the Griffons as Cybis followed up on the one that didn't fall with his own shots.

"Clear," Cybis said as we passed over the bodies, and continued on our way.

"Two intersections up, turn left," Josh said. "Two griffons at the first intersection past there, so drop 'em quick, then turn right there. From there, a straight shot to the objective. I'll work on clearing the way further up."

"Copy that," I said as the two of us followed his directions, quickly dropping those two Griffons he pointed out, and made our way to the objective, passing Griffons who had holes in their heads, most likely from Josh's sniper, which meant we only had to deal with those elite guards, who were still alive as we hid form their sight behind a tent.

"Super ready?" Cybis asked me.

"Yeah, you?"

"Ready to shatter," he replied.

"Then let's do this," I said as I stepped out of cover and took aim before firing at one of the guard's heads, only for the helmet to deflect the bullet, and allow them to open fire with old rifles, as in 1700 era rifles. Still, they packed a punch, and quickly depleted my shields. Fortunately, they had one shot while I had twenty seven before having to reload, which allowed me to empty an entire clip into one of them before I put the rifle on my back, and summoned my Hammer of Sol, coating my body in flames just as Cybis jumped above me, and unleashed his Shatter bomb, which killed two of the guards with impact, the final one jumping out of the way, but he was soon killed by my hammer.

"Hostiles inbound to your position, guys!" Josh yelled over the radio.

"Copy that. Cybis, get in there, and get them out. I'll hold off the morons."

He nodded. "On it," he said before entering the tent the four had been guarding just as five Griffons rounded the corner.

"Hello, idiots," I said before throwing a hammer in there direction and summoning another one. "Goodbye, idiots." Soon as I said that, more came in. "Well, let the fun commence," I muttered before I threw down a thermite grenade, creating a path of pulsing flames that killed those the flames hit as I used my hammer to clean up. Once my hammer vanished, I brought up my Super Good Advice machine gun, and opened fire from the hip, completely mowing through them.

"Coming out!" Cybis yelled over the radio.

"Copy, bringing the ships as well as the extraction team," Josh replied. "ETA, three minutes."

"We'll be good, then," I replied as the shooting reached a lull, and I looked back at Cybis and the target. He was being helped by Cybis. He wore a blue jacket that seemed to be made out of shiny blue rectangles with a large, silver-as well as metal- half circle thing around his neck, and had black markings on his face. "Hey, Josh, you remember that third guy Oryx and Didact were with before Displacement?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I think we found him."

"Really? Well, that was unexpected. Still, we at least know who we're getting out of here. Also, I'm relocating as the fuckers got to my location, Last i saw, none are en route to your location."

"Got it," I said as i made my way to where Cybis held the Displaced. "You guys okay?"

"Yes, I am," the Displaced said with a robotic echo to his voice. "My name is Alad V. I assume this is your Equestria?"

"Nope, just helping some people out," I replied. "You got any weapons?"

"One, technically," he said before turning to look at Cybis and told him, "Please do stand back. I can carry myself."

"Sorry," he said as he let go of Alad and stepped back.

"Now, let's just hope this works," I heard Alad muttered before the collar thing snapped into a full circle, and some kind of visor went over his eyes, and a sort of robotic howl could be heard. "Seems it does. Excellent," he said as some kind of blue dog thing came out of the tent. It had two black shoulder pods and was close to the ground like a lizard-even had three fingers and toes as well as a somewhat elongated face.

"And that is what now?" Cybis asked.

"Zanuka, a robot using Warframe parts. . . . Do you two even know what Warframe is?"

"Nope," I replied.

"Basics are that you are a space ninja who has access to special, mentally controlled exosuits called Warframes, and Zanuka uses parts from one. I'm also a villain in that universe."

"Considering who we're working with, makes sense," Cybis said as the sound of jet engines could be heard closing in. We looked up and there I saw my new ship, Little Light and Cybis' Ketch me if you can. Riding on them were pegasai soldiers and unicorn mages. The pegasai as protection for the mages, and the mages to teleport Alad to the castle. Yeah, another thing is that Oryx and Didact began work on a castle just for them. They jumped off the ships with the leader of the group, a pegasai soldier walking up to me.

"Target secured," I told him. "Tell the mages to start charging the spell, and have your troops begin gathering the Griffon weapons for reverse engineering."

"Yes, General," he said, saluting, before he relayed orders to the others.

I then turned back to face Alad. "We'll see you back at the castle," I said before Cybis and I were transmatted into our ship. "Josh, where you at?"

"On my way, had to use vanish to escape," he replied. Now, when we got here, Harmony gave him the Road unraveled ship, the same one Twilight had, so that we all had ships, as well as places to store the weapons we weren't currently using. Anyways, we arrived at the castle ten minutes later and transmatted out on a balcony on the second floor. You'd be amazed at how quick structures can be built when the Darkness and magic are involved together. Waiting for us were Oryx, Didact, and Alad.

"You three have my thanks," Alad said. "If you hadn't come, those animals would have most certainly made me make weapons for them."

"And from us as well," Oryx said. "Alad had been Displaced seconds after us, and we were uncertain as to where he was.

"No problem," Josh said. "Still, I'm surprised to see three beings form different games in the same world. Usually it's all from a single universe."

"You and me both, Guardian," Alad muttered.

"Regardless," Didact said, "this strike should unbalance them for a time, giving us time to prepare and for Oryx to Take more of them. As well as down time so that Oryx and I may spend time with our daughters. Who you still need to meet, Alad."

"They why wait?" he said.

"You guys do that," I said. "We'll make sure everyone here is ready should the griffons have infiltrators in the city."

Oryx nodded. "Then we will see you three tonight at the war council." And with that, we went our separate ways.