• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 4,105 Views, 272 Comments

A past that I did not see coming - sakuralovelight



Twilight finds weird gem which sends her back in time up about 200 years before discard came into the picture What she finds in the past will change her life forever

  • ...
26
 272
 4,105

Chapter 7 part 2

Author's Note:

Editor's Note: I try and split chapters up into 3-4 pages on google doc’s so that you can find where you were in the story easily, I messed up with this chapter (I don’t even know why) and it ended up being 6 pages long. And already posted, so I split it up into two parts.

~~~ Last Time… ~~~

Twilight smiled. She appreciated the offer that Luna gave to her. But also was relieved that the whole she loved Solarium topic was dropped for now, "I would appreciate that a lot. Thank you Luna."

And with that the two left the dining room and started heading off towards the city to get some presents....

~~~ Meanwhile... ~~~

Solarium had finally reached the mares that adored his attention so much. He took each present with a kind smile. But Solarium just wanted this to be done and over with as soon as possible so he could check and see if Twilight was still all right at the moment, or if she needed another hug to calm her down which he would be more than happy to provide. Everything went smoothly with the receiving of the presents, that is until one of the mares spoke. "Here, this is for you your majesty, and may I just wish you a happy Hearth’s Warming. By the way; I was kind a curious about something."


"Oh really, what is it?"


"You see I was in the market the day when that mysterious Alicorn mare appeared with you and I was wondering if you can clarify who she is?"


"You mean Twilight?"


"So that's her name, yes, I'm talking about Twilight. The thing is, no one really knows whether she a relative of some sort, or if she's your special somepony. So I was hoping you could maybe clarify who she is?"


At hearing this all the mares looked towards Solarium, clearly all of them were interested in this topic, making Solarium worried about how he should respond. He couldn't just up and say that she was some time traveling Alicorn or something like that, and yet, he couldn’t just up and lie to his subjects, so he decided to give a very vague response. "You see, she is an Alicorn from far away from here and is staying with us for the time being and no, she's not related to me whatsoever. That is all I will say on the matter."


At hearing this, the mares all started giving him similar looks that Twilight had in the dining room. Which made him puzzled, but soon the mares continued presenting their gifts, albeit doing it differently than they were before. Solarium didn't understand what they were trying to do. But as they presented their gifts, they each tried to flirt with him. Thinking nothing of this, as things of this nature go over most stallion's heads, he waited until they were done presenting their gifts and then simply thanked them and began to walk back. While he was walking he turned to one of his guards that was escorting him at that moment. "Guard, can you tell me what just happened? I mean as soon as I told them that Twilight was not related to me, and that she is staying at the Castle with Luna and I. Their demeanors completely changed, what was that all about?"


The guard raised his eyebrow, wondering if he should answer or not, since if he did so it would make the Prince sound stupid when it came to mares. But he didn't want to disobey an order. "Permission to speak freely Sir?"


At hearing this Solarium began wondering what could be so bad about his question. That the guard would be worried about answering. "Granted. Now tell me what is going on?"


"Your Majesty, I don’t mean to be blunt, but they were all jealous of Ms. Twilight. More likely they believe that your parents have contacted an old friend, or something. Asked for them to send their daughter over to try to arrange a marriage between you and Twilight. Which all the guards know that that is not the case since the first time we met her, she said. And I quote 'by the shining stars that gem sent me back in time!'. So all us guards know for a fact that she is some time traveling Alicorn. But even if your parents told the subjects that story I highly doubt many ponies would believe it. So your answer was the best choice in the matter. But they took it as a fact that Twilight is a potential suitor for you and they feel threatened by this. So they are all jealous at Twilight which to some extent they are right about the matter, since I can tell you do have feelings towards her in a romantic sense."


At hearing that last statement Solarium blushed. "Are my feelings towards Twilight that obvious? Because even my sister noticed."


"Not always, I've seen how you behave in public when you're with Twilight, sure you do small gestures. But you do it in a way that it looks like you're just trying to make her feel comfortable during her stay here. But when you're back in the Castle you let your guard down quite a bit and it sticks out like a sore hoof."


At hearing this Solarium's blushed got even a deeper shade of red. But then he snapped out of it when he took in the rest of what the guard had said about why the mares behaved the way they did. "Wait jealous the mares were all jealous at the fact that I might be, taken?"


"Yes your Majesty. Personally I think none of their jealous looks match the one Twilight had during breakfast when she heard about all those mares wanting your undivided attention. If I didn't know any better I would have to say she might be feeling the same way about you as you do for her. But that's just from what I saw at breakfast."


At hearing this Solarium was, shocked. The thought that Twilight was jealous hadn’t even crossed his mind. But as he thought about it more, he realized that it made a lot of sense since he remembered that Twilight was just fine up until one of the Castle staff mentioned the mares wanting to see him. Not to mention that the more that topic was brought up around her the angrier she seemed to get. Solarium was starting to wonder if maybe, just maybe, Twilight was starting to return his feelings for her, and was becoming less confused about her feelings. At first he wanted to go straight to Twilight and ask her about it. But then he thought that it would be better to talk to Luna first. He didn't know if she still wanted to keep her emotions locked up until she returned to her time or not. With that in mind if he tried to proclaim his love to her or try to get her to confess her feelings towards him, it could cause her to lock it all up and avoid him. So having decided to talk to Luna first he went to find her. Just then he saw one of his sisters guards, so he walked up to him. "Excuse me, do you know where my sister is? I would like to speak to her about something."


"I'm sorry your Majesty, but Princess Luna, Twilight, and four guards went into the city. Something about Luna helping Twilight find some presents for Hearth's Warming."


At hearing this Solarium nodded his head and asked the guard to let his sister know that he wished to speak with her as soon as possible. Then the two parted ways.

~~~ End of chapter 7 - Part 2 ~~~