• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 4,104 Views, 272 Comments

A past that I did not see coming - sakuralovelight



Twilight finds weird gem which sends her back in time up about 200 years before discard came into the picture What she finds in the past will change her life forever

  • ...
26
 272
 4,104

Chapter 17

~~~ Last Time ~~~


By the time they were done eating, they were both tired and decided to retire for the night. Solarium showed Twilight where she would be sleeping for the night. (The bedroom right next to his.) The two said goodnight to each other and went off to bed.


~~~ And now, onto Chapter 17!~~~


The next day, the two decided to take in nature walk around the forest. Twilight decided to bring a sketchpad, some quills and ink with her. The two walked around the forest Twilight would ask Solarium to stop for a while. So she could draw a flour or something else she found in the forest. Upon which Solarium would gladly oblige.



Eventually they came upon a flower that Twilight has never seen before. It looked like something you would find in the Crystal Empire. But from all the time she has visited the Crystal Empire. To see her older brother and Cadence or go there for Royal duties, she had never seen such a flower like that there before so she turned her head towards Solarium. "Solarium what's this flower?"



At hearing this, he walked over towards her and took a go look at the flower. "It's a Truelove's Crystal flower."



At hearing this Twilight tilted her head in confusion never hearing such a flower before. "Truelove's Crystal flower... No, never heard of them. I don't think I even read of them in any of my endangered or extinct, flowers and plants book."



At hearing this Solarium chuckled. "I wouldn't be, surprised. They used to grow in Crystal Empire all the time. But at one point the ponies there got a bit too greedy and accidentally picked them all and let them die before they could even harvest the seeds to regrow them. The Empire got so embarrassed about this. That they have been trying to erase the flower from all written records. The only reason why I know about it because it happened about ten years ago. Before you came to his timeframe, I found these flowers. It was part of the reason why decide to build my cabin here."



At hearing this Twilight was, shocked that something like this could happen at the Crystal Empire, long before King Sombra took over it. She was a little upset that the Empire would do such a thing. All because they were so embarrassed at what they did, the plants had been erased from existence because of ponies. Diamond dogs, Minotaur's and other such beings got greedy on taking plants at times. But to be so prideful that they had hidden their mistake from the future was just plain mean. But before Twilight could start going on a rant about it she decided to focus more on the flower itself. "So, why is it called Truelove's Crystal flower?"



"It's because they say that this flour was created by the crystal heart itself. There are many legends and myths on what this flour can do, but I really never paid attention to them. Fortunately enough, I do still have a copy of a book that talks about Truelove's Crystal flowers in my room. You can have it if you want to add into your infinity book when we get back to Everfree Castle."



At hearing this Twilight beamed. "Really?"



"Really."



As soon as Twilight was, done sketching the flower the two resumed their nature walk. Around lunchtime they decide to have a picnic right where they were. Eventually they started heading back to the cabin and by the time they got back it was getting late. So the two decided to have an early supper. When they were done eating, Twilight realized that her muscles were sore from all that walking. Solarium had figured something like this would happen and came up with the idea. "Why don't we go to the Hot Springs?"



At hearing this Twilight stared at him. With utter shock mouth agape while flushing from awkwardness. "I don't know what I think about us being in the spring together. Don't you think that's? I don't know..."



At hearing this Solarium blushed. "I didn't mean us sharing the same hot springs. There are multiple ones are around and are some of them that have rocks blocking them from the others. I was referring to going to one of those Hot Springs sorry if I made it awkward for you."



At hearing this Twilight blushed got even redder for not thinking about that in the first place. But in her defense, she did not really get a good look at the Hot Springs. She just knew that they were somewhere close to the cabin. "Okay let go to the Hot Springs then."



And with that the two were heading over to the Hot Springs.



~~~



When they reached the Hot Springs they went into their own separate pools of water. Which in between the pools that they chose were enough rocks that blocked each other from view and kept them far enough apart that they could talk to themselves without the other hearing them, which they did. "Nice going Solarium. You put Twilight in an awkward situation when you first suggested that. You should have been more specific. How could I be so stupid. Of course she would think of that. She didn't really see the Hot Springs before until just now, she only saw them at a distance. So how would she know that there were separate springs in the area. And if Twilight was so flustered up about that. How is she gonna react tomorrow with my big surprise on our last night here? Maybe I should not it even do it."



"Okay Twilight calm down. It was a simple misunderstanding. Things like that happen no need for your feathers to get ruffled up about it. Besides, you should've known better. Solarium is Celestia's past self. You know her well enough to know that she would not do something like that unless she got married. But then again, even though there is a lot of similarities between the two and personalities. There's still so much difference between them as well. Like Solarium is more easy to startle than Celestia. Furthermore, he does not know what to do all the time unlike Celestia. Solarium likes to fly in the sky for relaxation, when Celestia likes a simple stroll around Canterlot Castle's Royal gardens. So how can I think of them as the same, when they're so different at the same time."



The two stayed like this in their respective Hot Spring pools for some time. That is until Solarium thought that it would be a good time for the two. To the head back to the cabin so Solarium stepped out of the water and started heading towards Twilight. Once he got close enough to be heard, but not close enough to see her. He decided to speak. "Twilight, it's getting late. We should start heading back to the cabin."



At hearing Solarium's voice Twilight whipped her head towards his direction. To see that he was a respectable amount of distance away from her. "All right. Just gimme a minute I'll be there as soon."



"All right."



Twilight left the Hot Springs Pool and started. Heading towards Solarium once she reached him. The two started heading towards the cabin and decided to retire for the night.


~~~


The next day after breakfast Solarium decided that he would go through with his plans tonight. "Twilight I have one more surprise for you. But is gonna take me all day to complete it. Would you mind doing your own thing today?"



At hearing this, Twilight thought about it for moment. Thinking it would be a good chance for her to think about the last three years since she'd been dropped into this timeframe. She really needed is a clearer head. "That is fine with me, I think I'll be by the flowers for now."



And with that the two parted ways, Solarium staying in the cabin working on his surprise. Meanwhile, Twilight went over to the fields of flowers that was between the frozen lake in the Hot Springs. When Twilight made it to the flowers. She just laid down and just stared aimlessly around her. "Okay, ever since you got into this timeframe. You started falling in love with your old mentor and now going out with said mentor. Met the long lost King and Queen of Equestria. Learned that said former mentor is really a stallion and not a mare. And multiple things have been going on since then. I know that this shouldn't be happening that I should of never fell in love with Solarium. I know for the fact that's the reason why certain when things happen I feel real awkward about it. But yet at the same time. I just can't help it. I really do love Solarium and I know even though he said that it's not going to be awkward when I return, back to my time. It is going to be. Because he's a mare named Celestia in my time. What am I to do?"



At this Twilight, was thinking about it on till she remembered something that Candace had told her a long time ago when she was a filly. "Candace, what happens if you fall in love? But then there is so much conflicting things that rushing through your head?"



At hearing this Candace may look like she thought about it for a while, when already she knew the answer. Since a lot of people ask her that since she was the Princess of love. "Well Twilight when your mind is racing, and it's giving you so may things to think about and so many doubts and such. You need to listen to your heart. Your heart will know what to do. The only time you should listen to your mind and not your heart. Is if the pony love is hurting you physically or verbally. But other than that, your heart will know what to do all the time."



At remembering this Twilight smiled. "Follow my heart. Well, my heart is telling me not to give up. Sure I'll end up back in my time at some point. But this love that Solarium and I have is not worth giving up no matter how awkward it will be when I see Celestia again. I need to follow my heart and my heart is telling me to be with Solarium."



Around this time. It Solarium had noticed it was getting to be mid day and had brought out a picnic basket filled with food. "Hello Twilight, I'm still working on yours surprise. So I thought we could have a little picnic around the flowers."



"That sounds like a great idea Solarium."



So then the two started enjoying their picnic and for once since Twilight got to this timeframe and began dating Solarium. She was not worried about what will happen when she returned to her timeframe.


~~~ End of chapter 17 - Next time: DISCORD! He's howling at the moon! ~~~