• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 4,104 Views, 272 Comments

A past that I did not see coming - sakuralovelight



Twilight finds weird gem which sends her back in time up about 200 years before discard came into the picture What she finds in the past will change her life forever

  • ...
26
 272
 4,104

Chapter 9

Author's Note:

Hey every one we have now instead of 1 editor to 2 editors the new editor name is Morning-Rise-stories. which I'm glade to have helping us out :pinkiehappy: I also want to bring up that Jcc10 want 1 more person to join the editing team in hopes of getting the story edited faster Jcc10 has already up to chapter 18 on his side of editing but wants 2 other people to look at those chapters to make shire he didn't miss anything. which Morning-Rise-stories is now helping out with that so that means there is one more opening at the moment for one more editor on the team. If you want to join the editing team and get to read the chapters a head of time by being editor number 3 pleas PM Jcc10 and talk to him. since he was the first one t become my editor for this story. :twilightsmile:

Thank you and enjoy chapter 9

~~~ Last Time ~~~

And with that Solarium began levitating some pillows while Luna left his bed chambers. He placed one of the pillows underneath Twilight's head. Then placed another one in front of him and got her and himself in a more comfortable position. Once he'd done so Twilight began snuggling even closer towards him and gave a contented sigh. At this Solarium could not help but smile and feel the warmth in his heart. Solarium hoped that someday both he and Twilight could do this on a regular basis, and not only when she had a panic attack. So Solarium placed his head on the pillow that he got for himself and closed his eyes.

~~~ And now Chapter 9... ~~~


Luna had finally made it back to her bed chambers and began wrapping up the presents that she just bought in the city. Once she was done with that however, she had nothing to do and quickly became bored so she decided to check and see if the two lovebirds were awake or not. She headed off back to Solarium's bed chambers. She did not want to wake Twilight up so she quietly opened the door to take a look only to see that both of them were still asleep. This came as a surprise to Luna since she last saw them two hours ago. It was an oddity on itself for Solarium to be asleep during the day any longer than a half an hour. The only exception was when Solarium was sick. So unless he had been ogling Twilight for some time and just finally went to sleep. Having Twilight sleeping next to him must keep him at peace and allow him to take longer naps than normal. Luna decided to go with that since she was the Princess of the night and she had a way of sensing how long somebody has been asleep. Which was an ability she shared with her father, and the moment she poked her head in the room, she sensed that the two had been asleep since she had left. In fact, they were in such a deep sleep that, unless someone woke them up, they would be asleep for another 2 to 3 hours. Which gave Luna an idea, she was kind of curious about what Twilight was dreaming about. So she went towards Twilight, channeled some of her magic, and made a dream link with her. As soon as she entered the dream, she saw Twilight just sitting down watching. Solarium arguing with a white Alicorn mare that possessed the same cutie mark as him, but yet had a lot of different features. Who is that? Luna thought, she has Solarium’s mark, could that be and with that thought she walked towards Twilight and sat next to her. "My name! Would you mind telling me who my brothers fighting with?"


But as soon as Luna spoke Solarium and the white mare turned towards her and spoke in unison. "LUNA!"


"Dear sister, please tell this mare to leave Twilight alone."


"Your sister! Don't you dare address my sister as if she's yours! Luna, tell this stallion that Twilight doesn't belong in this time frame, and should return to our time now."


At hearing what the white mare just said. Luna mouth became slack-jawed realizing that the previously unknown mare was Solarium's female counterpart that Twilight had told her about. The two of them continued their arguing, so Luna slowly turned her head towards Twilight before speaking, "is she who I think she is?"


"Solarium's female counterpart, from my time frame? Yes... yes she is and her name is Princess Celestia."


At hearing this Luna looked back towards the two before addressing her next question. "I'll say it again what are those two fighting about?"


"The argument's topic is myself and that all I'm going to say on the matter."


"Oh come now, I don't think you want these two fighting, especially since they are one and the same, it’s kinda creepy."


"I don't want to talk about it."


"Come on, and maybe if you tell me what's going on. I could help!"


At hearing this Twilight sighed in defeat. "Solarium is arguing that I should follow my heart and go out with him. Meanwhile, Celestia is saying that it's ridiculous and that I should be returned to my time frame as soon as possible and forget such a thing."


At hearing this Luna was shocked. She didn't know that Twilight was this conflicted about this. If she had known earlier she would have rushed into Twilight’s dreams immediately. But then again, she didn’t know if this was a recurring dream or if it had just started. But she had a sinking feeling this was a recurring dream, since Twilight’s demeanor kind of showed that this had been going on for some time. "I'm so sorry Twilight, if I had known you were going through such turmoil in your sleep. I would've intervened much sooner."


"It's all right Luna, it's not your fault. Besides Celestia is right: This is a not my timeframe and I should be focusing on returning to my time, even if Star Swirl won't let me help him."


At hearing this Luna began to become nervous, due to the fact that she knew Twilight was Solarium’s soulmate. But if Twilight was not listening to her heart, and was just going to walk away from it all... Well it would be very bad, Luna was not going to give up though. "Why would you say that if you love my brother, if you really do love him then go for it."


At hearing this Twilight got angry and turn to Luna with a scowl on her face. "But what would happen when Star swirl finds the spell to send me back. I can't stay in this timeframe, there is no Alicorn that looks like me in the future. So if I were destined to come back into the past, then that means I'm destined to return to my time, and in my timeframe Celestia is a dear friend to me. The relationship I have with her is so different from how I'm interacting with Solarium. That if I did pursue a relationship with him, and then returned to my time and Celestia finds out about it. Things would become very awkward for the two of us, and I don't want to ruin the relationship I have with her in my time. I just don't."


After Twilight said that she began to cry, and Luna began to feel guilty for what she’d said. So Luna walked over to Twilight and wrapped her in a hug. "You know Solarium thought about that as well."
At hearing this Twilight looked up and tilted her head. Which Luna thought made her look like a little filly, "He has?"


At hearing her question Luna chuckled. "Of course, and do you know what he told me his answer was to it?"


Twilight shook her head while sighing "no"


Luna decided to continue. "He told me that if you two did go out and become each other’s special some-pony's, or even if your relationship got up to the point of marriage, and Star swirl did find a way to send you back to your time. He would let you go back to your time and wait for you, he also vowed that when you two see each other again and he knows for a fact that it is you, and you remember him, that you two could pick up where you left off in this time. He made a solemn promise that no matter what kind of relationship you have with Celestia. It will not affect your relationship in a negative way and that he would continue to love you."


"He loves me?"


"Yes, he does very much so and the fact that there is a very good possibility that time is still moving on without you in your time frame, and ponies know that you have disappeared. There is a good chance that Celestia knows that you're here. So which do you think would be more awkward for the two of you when you leave and return to your time? You going out with Solarium and then returning back to your time. Or you rejecting him and returning back to your time?"


At hearing this, Twilight was at a loss for words. She thought about it for a moment, but couldn't come up with the answer. "I don't know, I need to think about it."


At hearing this Luna nodded her head in response. "Very well I'll shall be leaving. But first."


Luna channeled her magic and aimed it at Solarium and Celestia. The two were enveloped in a light and suddenly they stopped arguing and walked over to Twilight, looking like they were planning on having a deep discussion with her. Puzzled at this Twilight turned towards Luna once more. "What did you do to them?"


"I just tweaked them a bit: Solarium will answer questions that I would think he would respond to. Whereas Celestia is based on what you just said, you have a mother daughter relationship, figuratively speaking, so I did my best on how she would more than likely respond to your questions. Hopefully, this will help you find the answer you seek."


At hearing this Twilight looked towards Solarium and Celestia, then back to Luna with a grateful smile. "Thank you Luna."


"My pleasure Twilight, see you later."


And with that, Luna left Twilight’s dreams and then left Solarium's bed chambers. Thinking about the conversation she had with Twilight. She knew that Telling her what Solarium said without his permission was not a good idea and breaking her promises, but it needed to be said. She just hoped that her brother could forgive her in the end, as well as that Twilight would make the right decision.


~~~ Meanwhile... ~~~


Back in her dream, Twilight was having a heart to heart discussion with Solarium and Celestia. "But I do see Celestia like a second mother to me. Sure I had a little crush on her when I was a filly but still."


At hearing this Celestia gave a mischievous smile. "So you had a crush on me when you were little. Oh the scandal, what am I going to do with you?"


At hearing this Twilight blushed, while Solarium gave Celestia an angry glare. "I still can't believe you're my female counterpart, don't you care about her happiness."


Celestia gave an angry look at Solarium’s question. "Of course I care about Twilight. I love her as if she was my own daughter, but..."


At hearing the 'but' Twilight turned towards Celestia with a fearful look on her face. Solarium and Celestia saw this but Celestia continued. "There were times when I suspected the two Twilight's to be one and the same. Which at times, almost gave me hope that I'd found my love again."


At hearing this Twilight’s mouth was agape. She couldn't believe what she’d just heard from her former mentor. But then started thinking a little bit more about her time growing up with Celestia. They had formed a mother daughter relationship sometime before her first Mother's Day as Celestia’s student. The day before she went back home for mother’s day to be with her real mom, Twilight had actually left a Mother's Day gift for Celestia. So they had had that type of bond for a long time. However as Twilight grew, there were little things that, as Twilight now thought about them, started to make a little more sense now. There were times when Celestia would give a longing look towards her, as if she was hoping there was something more than what they had at the moment. The time when it was the most noticeable was on Hearts and Hooves day. In fact, sometimes it was so bad that Celestia would try to avoid her altogether. This would confuse Twilight in the past, but made sense now. Could it be that she would date Solarium, and Celestia had been waiting for her to return? Could she be the reason why Solarium became Celestia??? Twilight still had a lot of questions on her mind, but she felt far better now than she had before she had gone to sleep, so she looked up at the two and smiled. "Thank you two for your help. I very much appreciate it."


And with that Twilight began to wake up...

~~~ End of Chapter 9 ~~~