• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 4,105 Views, 272 Comments

A past that I did not see coming - sakuralovelight



Twilight finds weird gem which sends her back in time up about 200 years before discard came into the picture What she finds in the past will change her life forever

  • ...
26
 272
 4,105

Chapter 5

~~~ Last Time ~~~

Luna was thinking in her head that if Twilight can read that many books that fast and enjoys reading. Was beginning to wonder what her brother was getting himself into. "Right, well I bid you good night Twilight."

With that Luna turned off the lights and Twilight went to sleep. While Luna went about with her Royal duties as the Princess of the night.


~~~ Now on to the next morning... ~~~

Solarium, Luna and Twilight were all sitting in the dining room eating breakfast together. Near end of breakfast Solarium cleared his throat. "Twilight, it has come to my attention that it is highly likely our culture and such is very different from your time frame. So I was thinking, why don't I show you around Everfree city. I'm sure you will find shops and restaurants that aren't around anymore in your time. It will also be a good idea to let you know your way around the city. In case you ever feel like going around the city at any point in time."


(There are definitely none of the shops or restaurants that are in this time.) Twilight Thought, (In my timeframe there is no Everfree city since the city got destroyed in the whole Nightmare Moon incident. But I can't tell them that! If I do then I might not exist.) At this Twilight chuckled a little nervously before answering. "That is awfully nice of you, but I don't what I want to take up your time, don't you have day court to attend to?"


Add hearing this Solarium thought that Twilight was trying to avoid him He considered if she had something else to do. But he was not going to give up so he was, just going tell her the truth about why he was not doing work today. "Oh I only do day court at Canterlot Castle in Canterlot city. When our parents are traveling for a diplomatic meeting or something."


At hearing this Twilight spitted out her glass of water she was drinking and began to have a coughing fit. Both Solarium and Luna gave her a worried look. Eventually Twilight was able to clear her throat. "Your parents are here in Equestria. I'm sorry but even though you in your sister still have your title and never became king or queen. I just never met your parents. In fact, no one has seen your parents for quite some time and neither you nor Luna never tell us where they are. We don't know if they are out trying to protect our world from some great evil, or just on a really long vacation. No one in my time really knows who they really are. Hearing that your parents are around is kind of shock for me. In fact, I don't even know what they look like."


At hearing this Solarium and Luna gave each other a look. Remembering that their parents were planning on taking a very long vacation. At some point and kept telling them that when they do go on vacation, Neither Solarium, nor Luna could tell there subjects where they are. In fact, they wouldn't be even able to tell. Because their parents were planning on going incognito during their whole vacation time. Furthermore, they would only be able to be reached by fire scrolls, but that was not going to happen for some time. So they looked back towards Twilight and Solarium answered her question. "I am going to take a wild guess and just going to say that more than likely the two went on a very long needed vacation. And they just don't want anyone to know about them, and had my sister and I swore to secrecy. You'll probably will meet them some point in this time frame and again much later in your time. So don't worry so much about it for now. Other than that are you interested in exploring Everfree city?"


Twilight thought about what Solarium just said about his parents and then, back on the topic of exploring the city. She decided that, since she'll be back in her own time at some point or another, it could be very educational to learn more about the culture of old Equestria. Long before Luna became Nightmare Moon. "You know what exploring the city seems like a very nice idea. I'll be delighted if you could show me around the city."


Solarium smiled at hearing this. "All right, if you're ready now we can go right now do you want."


Twilight nodded her head in agreement and the two started heading off to the city, while Luna was off to do her own things. Truth be, told she didn't have really any Royal night duties. Except raising and lowering the moon and stars. At night when her parents are in charge of the kingdom. The only time when she really needs worry about night duties. Is when her parents are on a diplomatic meeting or such. So sometimes she'll stay up during the day and go to sleep at night just so then she could have some company. Just then she remembered up about what happened last night with Twilight and her books. "I should have warned my brother about the fact that Twilight is of book fanatic... Nah hill figure it out on his own. Although, I might want to grab some really thick books from the library in case she decides to read at night again."


At hearing this Solarium decided that if. Stars Swirl did not even start attempting to write that spell, 20 years before his age spell wears off. He would bring it up, but until then he was keeping his mouth shut. But at the here and now he had an objective and that was to win Twilight over one step at a time. "So Twilight any particular thing you want to look at?"


At hearing this Twilight thought about it, but only for a few seconds, before knowing what she wanted to do right away. "Are there any good bookstores nearby?"


At hearing this Solarium began to think that she was into the whole romance novel things that most mares are into. "Yes we do. In fact, we have this second biggest bookstore in all of Equestria here."


At hearing this Twilight beamed instantly forgot about the ponies are around them. "Really, that's amazing I didn't even know that."


Seeing Twilight like this Solarium heart started to the all light and warm inside. He liked seeing Twilight like this and wanted to see her like this all the time. So he gave her a gentle smile and nodded his head. For a moment Twilight realized that the smile that Solarium is giving her. Is the same type of smile Celestia would give to her all the time. This made Twilight very happy to see something familiar. She beamed even more when Solarium nodded at her. "Is it alright that we can go to that bookstore you mentioned?"


"Sure I do not see why not."


At hearing this Twilight was, thrilled which showed and Solarium loved it. The two reached the book store's door called Ever Free Books. Just as soon as the two walked in Twilight eyes began to twinkle like stars. She started going from book to book looking at them all the while Solarium watched in bafflement. This was due to the fact that she did not even once go by the romance section instead. She went to the thick educational magical theory books and spells. Twilight kept on looking at the books while Solarium just kept on watching her. Soon joined by the store owner who was, amazed to see a pony. This fascinated into books, neither one saw it anything like this before. This went on until around noon. "Twilight it lunchtime, so why don't we go find someplace to eat."


At hearing this Twilight froze in shock. Then began to chuckle a little sheepishly. "I thought book crazy again didn't I?"


"I wouldn't know this is the first time I ever seen it. But yes, I'm going to have to say yes. So shall we get going?"


Twilight looked around the store once more and then used her magic the place every single book where they belong, once she did this she nodded her head in response to Solarium's question. And started heading towards the door. Seeing this Solarium was not pleased seeing her so sad. And wanted I've offered to buy her a book or two. But that is sinking feeling that if he did. Twilight would have picked out one of every single book in the store and Luna said only do little things. And buying one of every book in a store was not a little thing. It would have been a big hint to Twilight about his feelings for her and he was not ready for her to know yet. So the two walked to a small quaint little restaurant and order their meals. While waiting for their order to come in Solarium thought it was a good idea, but try to cheer Twilight up. "So I know that you said you like reading a good book. But the way you act there was at the bookstore I would say you love to read."


"Oh yes. In fact that I did some light reading last night before going to bed. All Luna's books on her bookshelf, were very fascinating."


At hearing this Solarium was, shocked. He knew how many books was on his sister's bookshelf and to find out that. His supposed soul mate was that much into books was quite a shock. He always loved learning new topics and talk about them when someone he considered smart was around, which she could tell Twilight is that type of mare. "I see."


The two continued on talking for a while on even when their meals came and they were eating their meals. Eventually the waiter came back and asked if they were, interested in a desert. Solarium thought this was a good chance to make up for not buying Twilight anything at the bookstore. "Sure, what do you have?"


"For options we have many varieties of pies, tarts and our Chef is trying something new called a cake."


At hearing this, but waiter got two different reactions for Solarium. He was, confused on what a cake was. But for Twilight she knew instantly what a cake was and decided that she was in the mood for one. "What flavor of cake are you severing?"


"Chocolate my lady."


"Oh, that sounds delicious can I have a slice of chocolate cake?"


"Certainly, and for you Prince?"


"I'm sorry but what is at cake?"


At hearing this Twilight gasped. She did not care if she sounded like Pinkie Pie at the moment. Mare or stallion Celestia, not knowing what a cake is, was just too weird on itself. "You never had cake before, not even on your birthday you guys even to birthday parties?"


At hearing this Solarium was, puzzled at what Twilight said. "Yes we do celebrate one's birthday. But normally we have a pie or tart or something like that."


I'm sorry at hearing this Twilight just stared at him. "I'm sorry but where I'm from when you celebrate somebody's birthday. You always have a birthday cake. This is a cake that can be whatever flavor that is chosen for that party with lit little candles on it. The amount of candles I one's cake varies by how old that pony is. Some ponies preferred getting one big candle that does have the number of the age that they are turning. Anyways all the ponies except for whose birthday it is things sings a song. Then the birthday pony will make a wish and blow out the candles. The candles get removed from the cake and then it gets cut up and everybody eats it a lot of times with ice cream. Cakes come in all shapes and sizes and different flavors including the icing and there is to type the cake. A regular cake where you have to cut it up in order to serve it and you eat it with a fork. And the cupcakes little round cakes that are up about the size of a small cookie, and each pony eats a cupcake."


At hearing this Solarium was, puzzled to know that something he never heard of. Was something very important in Twilight time, and decided that I have might be best to give this cake a try. "I'll have what she's having."


The waiter nodded his head and went to get two slices of cake. He soon returned and placed the two cakes in front of the two Alicorn's. The chocolate cake was mostly covered with white frosting with blue frosting for trimming. Twilight levitated her fork and began to eat her cake she let out a moan of pleasure with a smile upon her face. Her eyes were, closed the cake was very delicious. Sure it wasn't as good as one of Pinkie Pie cake's. But it was still a very delicious cake. Solarium watched Twilight eat her cake for a bit, before he levitated his fork and took a small piece of his cake once it reached his mouth and he began to chew it. He was, overwhelmed with the taste and flavor and quite enjoyed it, and started taking more of his cake. Twilight didn't know this very moment was when cake became very popular in Equestria and was, served at birthday parties. As well as the day Celestia or should we say Solarium became addicted to cake. "So Solarium how's the cake?"


"It's the most delicious thing I ever had. Sure I like a good pie, tarts or cookies and such, but of all the sweets... I'm going to have to say cake is my favorite."


Some of the nobles heard Solarium say that. So they began ordering cake as well. This caused a chain reaction. After the two Alicorn's were done eating cake. The two decided to walk around the city and look around.

~~~ End of Chapter 5 ~~~