• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 4,105 Views, 272 Comments

A past that I did not see coming - sakuralovelight



Twilight finds weird gem which sends her back in time up about 200 years before discard came into the picture What she finds in the past will change her life forever

  • ...
26
 272
 4,105

Chapter 3

~~~ Last time: ~~~

Celestia looked out the window and whispered something softly. "Oh please Twilight be safe. Please let me be wrong on the ideas that you died all those years ago. And that you just came back to me in this timeframe, Please Twilight... Please."

~~~ And now we return: back in the past! ~~~

Once Luna and Twilight reached Luna's bed chambers. The two walked into the room and the first thing Luna did was grab Twilight and embrace her in a bone crushing hug. "Ms. Twilight in all my years I never met another pony who loves my night as I do. To hear that the future is more active at night is most welcoming! Tell us more about your future and its appreciation for the night."

At hearing this Twilight froze. She didn't know what to say at the moment because if she said too much. She could maybe change the future... and if that happened then maybe it would in turn cause her to never be born, which she did NOT want to happen. "Luna, I'm not sure what I should or should not tell you about the future, Because I don't want the future to change. Sure there are a lot of things I would like to change within history of Equestria. But if I tell you something and you end up changing history. I might not even be born, and I don't think you would want that now do you?"

At hearing this Luna deflated a bit but she had to admit that Twilight gave a valid point. She liked Twilight and she didn't want her to be, erased from existence. But at the same time she was curious about the future still. Just then an idea came into her head. "Well more than likely you came to the past before and yet you still exist. And more than likely you did talk a little bit about your time. So what if you tell me what you feel like talking about. If I ask you a question you tell me whether you would like to answer it or not, and I'll respect it. I promise that I will never ever tell my brother anything you disclose with me. As well as I'll do my best to not change your time-line. Besides, you're going to have to talk to somebody. About your feelings as well as your emotions at the time. Why not We?"

Twilight thought about this for a moment. She hated to admit it, but there were times when Princess Celestia and Princess Luna even more so acted as if she reminded them of somepony they met a long time ago. So it could be possible that she did disclose things to them to some extent at some point. So all she has to do is make certain that Luna did not know about her becoming Nightmare Moon. Maybe give Prince Solarium a hint about the elements of harmony and Discord arrival. And that would be it on the whole big time changing the history thing. But she was also curious about Solarium. Like why would he change his gender and changes name to Celestia, she had to know. Maybe it was dare or something. And tomorrow Solarium would be Celestia again. So Twilight looked towards Luna. Nodded her head in agreement at seeing this Luna started bouncing around until Twilight got her attention. "Luna, there is one thing that is quite different from my timeframe. That I got to know and you might be the only one who can tell me but you got a promise me you will not tell anyone about this. I do not need my future to change big time because of this, but I got to know."

At hearing this Luna gave her determined look. "I vow on my moon as the Princess of the night. I will not tell anyone what you tell me the only exception and I might give a hint to my brother. If the time is right, but that is all."

Twilight sighed be for looking around making certain that no one was the eavesdropping. "Is it Solarium, or is it Celestia?"

At hearing this will not need her puzzled the look. "I'm sorry but I don't understand who Celestia?"

Twilight sighed in defeat. "In my timeframe Solarium is a she, and she goes by the name Princess Celestia."

At hearing this Luna froze for a moment, trying to process the information. She was just giving be for she broke out in a fit of laughter. "You're joking, you're joking right you can't be serious. My brother, Prince Solarium somehow became some mare named Princess Celestia."

Luna continued on laughing until she saw the serious look on Twilight's face, which forced Luna to have the starting realization that Twilight was telling her the truth. "You're serious are you. Somehow, someway my brother became a mare?"

All Twilight did was give Luna of firm nod. This caused Luna to finally realize it wasn't a joke. Just as soon as that happened. She gave out a devious grin. "Oh when you get back to your time. I am so going to tease him about this right in front of you. He got a lot of explaining to do in the future."

At hearing this Twilight paled. "So he is a he not a hiding she?"

Luna just nodded at her before Twilight groaned and plopped her face into a pillow. Twilight stayed like this for a while and Luna tried to comfort her and try to coax her to remove the pillow from her face. By the time she succeeded it was supper time. Which Twilight was starving since she skipped lunch by mistake. And by the time they were halfway down to the dining room. They bumped into Prince Solarium and Star Swirl the Bearded. Which the second Twilight saw Star Swirl she began to squeal once more and forgot about her hunger. "Oh my gosh I can't believe it. I'm actually meeting Star Swirl the Bearded. The one who created over 200 spells. I'm one of your biggest fans been so ever since my mentor recommended reading about you."

As soon as Twilight was, done saying all that she gave him a Pinkie Pie smile. Meanwhile, both royal siblings were slack-jawed at what just happened. They knew she was of fan of him. But most ponies in their time don't react like that in front of their idols like that. This was making both of them wonder how much the future is different from their time. And while Star Swirl was flattered, by the young mare, he was also in a state of panic, because of the little talk he had with Prince Solarium.

~~~ Back when Twilight and Luna were having their chat in the bed chambers. ~~~

Prince Solarium knocked on the door to Star Swirl's research facilities. Upon which Star Swirl said only "enter". Soon after Solarium walked in Star Swirl finally took notice on his guest. "Ah Prince Solarium, so nice of you to stop by. What can I do you for?"

"Star Swirl do you know anything about a small blue gem with a star embedded in the center of it? One of which could send somebody back in time and change their coloration's. Even there cutie Mark just so that on one would recognize that being in the future?"

At hearing this Star Swirl gave out a puzzled look. "Never in all my life have I heard of a gem like that before. I've done my fair share with time travel spells and relics. But the relics that I've dealt with our items that have gems in bedded in them. Not just of a simple gem with a little embedding in it. That's a new one for. Tell me why do you ask?"

Prince Solarium side before answering. "Around this afternoon there was a strange flash of light in the Everfree forest. I went to investigate and found a young Alicorn mare. We figured out that she is from the future as well as her coloration's and cutie Mark has changed. So that she doesn't affect the time space continuum and I was hoping you would know a way to send her back to her time."

Star Swirl was, baffled at hearing what his prince just said. "So you're telling me that an Alicorn mare, Which would mean that there are more Alicorn's then you your sister and parents. Had somehow by, said gem, went back in time, and her appearance got changed and neither of you have the said gem?"

"That basically sums it up for the most part."

At hearing this Star Swirl started rubbing his temples. "All right, is there anything else I need to know?"

Prince Solarium deeds of sheepish look before answering. "Even though I know she should go back to her time. I kind of sort of hoped she never goes back for some strange reason."

At hearing this Star Swirl chuckled. "It appears that you maybe falling in love with this mysterious Alicorn can't wait to meet her."

At hearing this Solarium froze. He began to ponder could he be falling in love with Twilight. He began thinking about if even he should even try to pursue her since she was not from his time. But then he thought that she behaved like she knew him somewhat and if the two ever did start dating or even got married. It would be fine. When she did go back to her time he could wait for her and they could just resume their relationship in her timeframe. He nodded his head. "I guess I am starting to fall for time traveling guest. By the way her name is Twilight and I found out she's a big fan of yours."

At hearing this Star Swirl paled. He'd remembered how Prince Solarium's father can be territorial with his wife. In fact, both of Prince Solarium's parents were territorial on their kids. That is until Princess Luna turned 21 years old. Even though the two parents were no longer as much territorial with their kids. King Artemis was still territorial on his wife, Queen Cosmos. Star Swirl had no doubt in his mind that Prince Solarium inherited. The territorial trait from his parents. Especially from his father. Star Swirl shuddered, remembering the last time he was out with those two. And the two decide to go in disguise pretending to be unicorns. It went all well for a while, until the drunken stallions started flirting with Queen Cosmos. That's when the horse shoes came off and King Artemis turned back to his true form and show them who was boss. And when Queen Cosmos was pregnant, the threats that the King made were scary on their own accord. He just knew that Prince Solarium was going to make a threat. That was either as bad as his father's or surpass the threats somehow. He was right,
Prince Solarium. First started out looking calm and cheerful "Star Swirl I've known you my whole life. Your like an uncle to me. So I'm going to try to say this the best way possible."

But just then, Prince Solarium change to a more dark and sinister appeal. "You better not get between me and Twilight or you're not going to like me for some time. The only exception will be trying to help her get back to her time if you can send her back to her time. I will not hold it against you. It seems she wants to go back to her timeframe. Even if she returns to her time I could just wait for her and we can continue on in her time. But other than helping her return to her time you do not get in my way is that clear?."

The only response Star Swirl could give was of frightening nod. Prince Solarium went back to normal. "Good oh look at the time. It's time for us to head to the dining hall for supper. Come on. I can't have one of my dearest friend starve. Now can I?"

~~~ And now we return to a Very Frightened Star Swirl... ~~~

The only thing Star Swirl could do was smile back at Twilight. "It's nice to meet you Twilight Prince Solarium told me a lot about you."

At hearing this Twilight began to blushed not because of Star Swirl talking to her. But the fact that Prince Solarium talked about her and based on how Star Swirl said it. It sounded like Prince Solarium talked about more than her predicament. Which caused her to have butterflies in her stomach for some strange reason. Twilight began to worry she couldn't be getting a crush on him. Could she? Even though Solarium is a stallion in the time. He becomes a mare in the future and even becomes like a second mother to her. Which made this awkward for her. But then she remembered that she did have a tiny crush on her old mentor once before when she was a lot younger, even though she didn't like to admit it. Which made Twilight wonder if deep down. She always knew that Celestia was in fact Solarium? If she had let her crush grow back then into love would Celestia reveal that she was in fact a stallion? Twilight didn't know what to think, but she decided to keep her feelings to herself until she got back to her time. It more than likely would be awkward if she dated Celestia's past self. And then returned to her time. Go to Celestia and tell her that she went back in time and called herself Twilight Shimmer. The relationship they have as friends now could become awkward, if she tried to pursue a relationship in the past. She was, brought out of her thoughts when Star Swirl began to speak some more. "As much as I would love to talked to you about spells and such. I need to focus on trying to get you back to your time. So you and I won't have much time speaking to each other. Even though I let Prince solarium help now and then or clover the clever. I prefer working alone, but I'm certain that the Royals siblings will take good care of you."

Twilight was a little upset that she would not get to spend as much time as she would've liked with her idol. But the fact that he was going to be too busy focusing on a spell. To send her back to her time was okay. Even though she would like to help with making the said spell as well. But she did understand about wanting to work alone when it came to sophisticated spells. Except for those she believes could handle it or trust with said spell. So Twilight nodded her head in acceptance. Just then, Prince Solarium cleared his throat. "Well, since we're all done with introductions why don't we go in the dining room and have supper now shell we?"

Soon they entered the dining room and soon after they began to eat. During all this Prince Solarium kept asking Twilight about her likes and dislikes. Trying to get to know her more. All the while Twilight felt a little awkward talking about herself. It kind of felt like gloating about herself and she didn't want to sound like Trixie. But yet she didn't want to make the same mistake she did around that time. No need for a Ursa Minor to run amok again. So she answered the questions as best as she could.

"So Twilight what do you like to do in your spare time?"

"I like either reading a good book learning a new spell doing some experiments or hang out with my friends."

"I see so what do you…"

Just then Luna cleared her throat and everyone look towards her. "As much as I would love to get to know Twilight more. It is getting rather late and more than likely the events up today have tired Ms. Twilight out quite a bit. So I believe it would be best to take her back to my chambers for the night."

Just as soon as Luna said this Solarium looked out the window. To see where the moon was, positioned and that at the moment to realize that his sister was right. "It appears that you are correct. I'm sorry Twilight you must be, tired from what has happened to you today and you should get some rest. Good night Luna good night Twilight good night Star Swirl."

As Solarium left the dining room Twilight realized how tired she was. So she said good night to Star Swirl and followed Luna back to the bed chambers. All the while Luna began pondering at just what happened in the dining room. She had never seen her brother behaved like that before. She tried to remember a time when he ever behaved like that couldn't think of anything. So she began thinking about other times she saw others behaving in such a manner. But the only time she ever saw something like that. Was when all those single mares try to get info out of her brother about himself, so they can use that to try to win his heart. Or Royal guards doing that to mares in hopes of have a better chance with them. In hopes of dating them or getting married to them. Just as soon as she thought of that she froze right in front of her door to her bed chambers. But caught herself, and opened the door to allow Twilight and herself in. As soon as she did she saw that the Castle staff brought in the spare bed for her guest which Twilight head towards. But Luna didn't care at the moment all she wanted to do was go confront her brother. At the moment and if her suspicions were true she had a lot of teasing to do but she couldn't leave Twilight alone. Without a good reason now could she just then she thought of something. "Twilight do you mind if I leave? I have some Royal duties to attend to with the night?"

At hearing this Twilight turned towards Luna before answering. "Of course not Luna. I completely understand. But before you go is there any books you recommend me reading? I like to do some light reading before going to sleep."

At hearing this Luna nodded and pointed to up bookshelf filled with books that she liked to read. Hoping that would keep Twilight occupied. "Of course Twilight that bookshelf over there. Should have more than enough books for you to read for the night."

Twilight looked at the bookshelf. But was not sure if that bookshelf was more than enough for one night of reading. But considering that she doubted Princess Luna ever met anyone who love reading as much as she did. So it would be safe to just to humor her for the time being so Twilight just smiled and looked towards Luna. "Thank you Luna and I hope that you have a great night."

At hearing this Luna gave her a kind, warm smile before responding. "Thank you Twilight good night."

~~~ Back in Twilight's Source Time... ~~~

Princess Luna had made it to Twilight's Castle some time ago, and was studying the blue gem as much as possible. In hopes on fighting a way to undo the gem's power on Twilight. But left out the information that Twilight went back in time. And was not in prison in the gem because she did not want to explain that Twilight could be dead. So she's been studying the gem for a whole week and was finally near her breaking point. And was about to go get Celestia. Just then she heard of voice. She did not wish the here at the moment. "Now Princess Luna what could you be doing in Twilight's Castle. Did your big mean Tantabus escape you again?"

The instant Luna heard that she began to groan. "No, Discord, I am trying to get Twilight back and this stupid gem is the whole reason why."

At hearing this Discord took a look at the gem. "That's interesting, I thought all rainbow matrix gems were all destroyed."

As soon as Luna heard this she turned immediately towards Discord, Before using the Royal Canterlot voice. "ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOU KNOW WHAT THIS GEM IS AND HOW IT WORKS!"

It took a moment for Discord to recoup from Luna's outburst before he could answer. "Yes I do know what that gem is. It was called a rainbow matrix gem centuries ago. They could be found everywhere, planets, stars, dimensions, you name it. You can find it. In fact, I once had a collection of them. But one day somebody, no one knows who, managed to steal everyone's rainbow matrix gems and destroy them. The only reason why we know they were, destroyed. Was because by the time we located where they were at the moment. We saw them being, disintegrated and no one could find out who did it. But that happened about 3000 years before I ever met you and Celestia."

At hearing this Luna just realized that she do not know how old Discord was. She always thought that he was around Celestia's age or something. Or maybe was older by a few years. But now she found out that he was at least 3000 years older than her and made her wonder what else Discord knew that she did not, However she decides to put that off to the side for now and focus on getting Twilight back. "Okay, can you please give me more information about rainbow matrix gems? This one has done something to Twilight and I would like to know more about it. In hopes to undo it."

"Why of course dear, Luna. Now the reason why I collected them. Was because under normal circumstances. You can never tell what one of these rainbow matrix gems could do. You couldn't tell by the coloration or the shape pattern. In fact, I once had a few that exact coloration and shape in my old collection. One was for mind reading. Another was for me to see into the future. One makes cake pop out of nowhere. Another one did cookie making they were just a bunch of little chaotic gems. But there could be similar abilities for each gem I had a red one with a heart that makes cake pop out of nowhere. Meanwhile, a blue one with a heart also brought cookies. So as I said, they were pretty much colorful gems of chaos. Although it would not bring forth evil monsters or weapon of mass destruction. There been times where beings accidentally died by some extent. But the gems never intend to do that."

At hearing this Luna felt a little worried about that. Since the fact that she remembered in her past that Twilight gets killed and was because she went back in time. So she decided to disclose the truth with Discord in hopes that he can help her undo the gem before it was too late. "Discord. I somewhat know what that gem did. But you have to promise not to tell anyone and help me fix this as soon as possible."

"I cross my heart and hope to fly. Stick cupcake in my eye I will help you the best I can, and keep this a secret to my ability now tell me what you know. "

Luna bit her lip before speaking. "You see Discord. I believe that this gem has sent Twilight back in time to about 200 years before you came into the picture. It changed her coloration's and cutie Mark. And because we thought that the reason why she looked different. Was because the gem didn't want to change the space time continuum. So she changed her name from Sparkle to Shimmer. I'm not going to give you all that happened during that timeframe. But something happened that killed Twilight. So I want to get this gem to bring her back without dying."

At hearing this Discord froze. He had a deep suspicion what type of rainbow matrix gem they were dealing with. But he had to do something to be certain. "I only know about five different types of rainbow matrix gems that could do that. But for me to be certain I'll have to go back to my house and grab my rainbow matrix analyzing kit in order to be certain."

At hearing this Luna gave him a puzzled look. "You have a kit that can tell you what this rainbow matrix gem can do and how to undo it. And you have to go back home and get it and not just snap your fingers and summon it?"

At hearing this Discord blushed. "Well, you see the kit is not fond of my chaos magic. And I can't remember if I have the kit in its protection case or not. Sure it can handle the area I live in. But if I try to use my magic on it then it can break and no one makes it anymore so I can't risk it. So I have to first find it and find the case before I can just teleport back here with myself. And that could take awhile. And if I recall, it's in my attic and I have no idea where it is in the attic. A lot of stuff in there and with the fact that I should not use any of my magic when looking for it. It's going to take me a while."

"Does this analyzing kit hate all magic or just your magic?"

"Just my magic, your magic should be fine. Why?"

"Then take me with you with my magic I could just levitate each item in front of you. And you could tell me whether it is the case or the analyzing kit. Just let me. Send a letter to my sister explaining what's going on and we can go. "

Discord nodded his head and Luna wrote a letter. Explaining everything that Discord had just told her and where she'll be for the time being. Then sent it to Celestia in a puff of smoke. "All right, I'm ready."

"All right, let's get going." The two told Spike where they were going. And that as soon as they find the kit they would take both the gem and the kit to Canterlot Castle. So that Celestia Luna and Discord could work on this problem together. As soon as they were, done explaining what was going on. Discord snapped his fingers and teleported him and Luna. To his house where they would search for the kit.

~~~ End of Chapter 3 ~~~