• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 4,104 Views, 272 Comments

A past that I did not see coming - sakuralovelight



Twilight finds weird gem which sends her back in time up about 200 years before discard came into the picture What she finds in the past will change her life forever

  • ...
26
 272
 4,104

Chapter 24

~~~ Last Time... ~~~


"You remember those renegade ponies we thought we took care of 10 years ago. The ones that want to kill mother, father you and me? Two days after your wedding day we got a threatening letter from the one who we thought was the deceased leader of the organization. We compared it against old threat letters that were from him and their a perfect match. Father has the letter. But I did memorize what it said and in short. He said that he will not rest until either he takes his last breath, or the Royal family takes their last breath."

"and now that I married Twilight, she is on that list." Solarium stated angrily.


~~~ Ba Da Da Da! ~~~

Solarium finally made it back to his bed chambers, and opened his door. To see that Twilight was already sleeping peacefully in their bed. Seeing her like this calmed him down instantly, and yet made him worried for her well-being. But he walked towards their bed while removing his Royal regalia, hopped onto their bed and places a wing over her. As soon as he did she instinctively moved towards him and gave out a contented sigh. At seeing this. He smiled gently down towards her and kissed her below her horn. "I promise. No harm will come to you and even this crazy evil organization leader that's back from the dead, won't change that."


The next day after breakfast Twilight decided to head towards the library and Solarium had decided to accompanying her because he was getting a little paranoid with the threat. As the two began to read books in the library which, even though Solarium has seen this multiple times. It's still amazed him to see that Twilight could read so many books and memorize the content in that book in such a little time. When he first discovered this, he decided to quiz her from books that he had memorized. But she aced every single question he asked her. So he pretty much gave up and declared that she was a more book fanatic been Star Swirl, which he did not mind all that much. They stayed like this until lunchtime which the two decided to eat out in the Royal gardens. Even though Solarium really didn't want to eat outside since he was still running on paranoia regarding Twilight safety. He felt he couldn't bring it up because she would have a panic attack. As soon as they were done eating lunch they decided to have a stroll in the Royal gardens. At first Solarium was a bit worried, but at they wandered around the gardens. He began to calm down and begin to enjoy himself. But at the same time Twilight had begun to notice the little signs that showed something was up. Whether the being next to her was Solarium or Celestia, the little hints showed, but unlucky for Solarium. He let those little signs show better than Celestia. "Is something wrong?" At hearing this Solarium looked towards Twilight. While giving of very calm smile. "No everything's all right, why wouldn't it be?"

"Just asking. I almost thought that Discord had been messing with you or something."


At hearing this Solarium looked puzzled. "Discord who is he?"


At hearing this Twilight realized that she said something that he shouldn't know about. "I'm sorry it's future talk, but I guess I brought it up I'll give you the cliff notes about him. He's the spirit of chaos and disharmony, an enemy that was dealt with a long time ago in my time by the sixth gems called the elements of harmony, those were found on a tree called the tree of harmony. Which is hidden in a under ground cave somewhere near this Castle. Although the cave entrance seems to be buried currently. He was once evil. He was to be the first time you and Luna used the elements in this time. But when he broke free it was the Bearers of the elements of harmony which are six unique ponies. One of them the bare the element of magic was once your student. But some time later the element of kindness reform him by your orders now he uses his powers for good... At least chaotic-good."


At hearing this Solarium was, shocked at hearing this and decide to keep this on a mental note for the future. What Twilight didn't know was that this conversation was the whole reason Celestia and Luna was able to defeat Discord in the first place. Because Celestia remembered what Twilight told her back when she was Solarium. So the two continued on their walking and enjoying each others company.


It has been a month and a half since Solarium found out about the threat and he was finding it difficult keeping. The threat a secret from Twilight, while keeping her safe. Sure, most days Twilight like to spend her time. Either in the library's personal study or their bedroom to read a book. But sometimes she'll want to read a book outside. Which that's always worried him that the attacker could come at any point. But what really got him worried was when Twilight wanted to leave the Castle grounds to do something, and today was one of them. Apparently a comet that Luna only allows to appear once every thousand years was, scheduled to pass by tonight. Since Twilight was into astronomy and never seen this comet before. She really wanted to leave the Castle to see it. Apparently there was a hill that was outside the Everfree forest that. Twilight and her friends used to watch a meteor shower that only comes out every so often as well. Because of this Twilight wants to take Solarium and Luna there to watch it together. In fact, she was so excited about it she decided to make it as a surprise and didn't tell either one of them. Until that moment at breakfast and then preparing for it all by herself. As soon as the two Royals siblings heard this they both had the same reaction...

"WHAT!!!"


"I know. Isn't it exciting. As soon as Star Swirl told me last week that the United comet that's going to be able to be seen today I got so excited! Then I remembered that there was a meteor shower in my timeframe that my friends and I watched on this hill outside the Everfree forest. So I wanted to surprise you two by making preparations for it. I even sent a letter to your parents, but... Your parents told me that their wedding anniversaries today and that they wanted to watch the comment privately from their private cabin. Which if you had forgotten about their anniversary no need to worry. I already sent them a gift. It was something from all three of us. They said they liked it."


At hearing this, the two looked at each other. Both of them knew of the threat. And they both wanted to tell her that they really shouldn't go out tonight because of this threat. That they had neglected to tell her that said threat existed. Solarium was thinking about making an excuse, but then he thought about the fact that even though Luna knew that it was a bad idea, deep down she still wanted to do this because not many ponies enjoyed her nights and she wanted to see how Twilight time frame's response to something like one of her comets. So he gave in, but he was not going to give the supposed attacker an opportunity to strike. "That sounds lovely Twilight I can't wait to watch the comet with both of you, but were going to have to bring some night guards. With us since we're still dealing with some single mare's who are still a little jealous of you is that okay?"


"That's fine, I just want the three of us to enjoy the comet together, I'm fine with some extra ponies joining us. Besides I think I have a more then enough snack food for everypony."


At hearing this Solarium and Luna began laughing at what Twilight said, and she soon joined them.

~~~ End of chapter 23 ~~~