• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 4,104 Views, 272 Comments

A past that I did not see coming - sakuralovelight



Twilight finds weird gem which sends her back in time up about 200 years before discard came into the picture What she finds in the past will change her life forever

  • ...
26
 272
 4,104

Chapter 1

It was a nice and peaceful day in Ponyville. The birds were chirping Pegasus were clearing the clouds. Everyone was minding their own business. But did this mean that Princess Twilight Sparkle would stay in Ponyville and hang out with her friends today like any other day? Nope. She felt a little adventurous today and decided to go into the Everfree forest to do some research of the area. Speaking of which she's been at it for about five hours now in another hour or two it would be lunch time. So Twilight thought it was a good idea to turn back and head back home. But as she was turning around she noticed a strange glow not too far away from her. Curious Twilight decided to check it out. Moments after Twilight got to the source of the glow she discovered a blue gem with the star found in the center. She decided to levitate it and bring it back to her new castle. But as soon as Twilight's magic touched it. The gem began to glow even brighter. Before she could turn and run away or even teleport the light engulfed her and she was gone.

---

While Twilight was doing research in the Everfree, Rainbow Dash was practising her speed and agility by chasing some of the clouds over the Everfree. (Since the weather over the Everfree was wild she could do this all day without getting into trouble.)

Around the same time as Twilight saw the strange glow Rainbow Dash saw a glow from down in the forest, and she also went to it. But when she got there all she saw was Twilight being engulfed by a light and just when she was about go and help her, the light faded, leaving only a gem that was no longer glowing. Worried that if she left the gem behind when she went for help. She would forget where it was or if this was a trap by some otherpony it may be get taken somewhere else, so Rainbow decided to grab the gem and run back to Ponyville. Hoping to find Spike and have him sent a letter to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Believing that somehow Twilight was stuck within the gem.

---

Meanwhile, Twilight woke up rubbing her head wondering what just happened. She began looking around for the strange gem only to see that it was nowhere to be found, and on top of that for some strange reason the forest seemed a little different. The area looked the same as where she was just a moment ago. However, the plants surrounding her seemed a lot younger than she recalled them to be. But she thought that should be something to be more worrisome on a later date. So she decided to put it on her mental list of things to think about later and started heading back to Ponyville. As she was heading back, she noticed a Lake and something clicked in her head: She didn't know if the gem did something to her or not. So she decided to check to see if she didn't somehow. Turned back into a unicorn or became a Pegasus or even earth pony somehow. When she got to the lake she looked at her reflection and as soon as she did she realized that gem did do something to her. "SWEET CELESTIA!!! What did that gem do to me?!"

What that gem did to her was change her lavender fur coat to light pink, a pink that almost matched Fluttershy's mane and tail color, and speaking of which: own mane and tail colors they had completely changed as well. Her obsidian was replaced with white and her pink and purple streaks were just purple now. Her eyes luckily stayed the same, along the fact that she still had her horn and wings. This caused her to sigh in relief. But there was one thing left she did not check so Twilight turn to her side and looked at her Cutie Mark, which caused her to gasp at what she saw. Instead of her magenta six pointed star with five smaller white six pointed stars around it. There was simply six purple five pointed stars! That were about the same size as the one in the center. Twilight staring at her cutie Mark for the longest time. Starting to hyperventilate until she started doing the breathing exercises that Cadence had taught her. She began to talk to herself trying to figure out what was going on. "Okay no need to panic a strange blue gem started this... And should I ever find that gem again, I will be certain to feed it to Spike. So then no one else will have to deal with changed appearances... But allowing me to remain an Alicorn and to change my Cutie Mark even, Which I thought was never possible. Except with Starlight Glimmer. But that was different, and the moment I woke up in the Everfree forest. The forest itself seem different you there has to be an explanation for this... Right???"

---

While this was happening Rainbow just got to Twilight's Castle and had knocked on the doors to the Castle. Hoping that Spike was there. Moments later Spike opened the door to see who it was. Noticing it was Rainbow Dash he smiled at her, thinking that she came here to see Twilight for some reason." Hey Rainbow sorry but Twilight is not home at the moment. If you wanted to do some practice with her you might be able to find her in the Everfree. she went into it to do something... I don't know exactly what for... I think she said something about looking for new type of plants. To research or something. I don't know when she'll be coming back but I can tell her that you stop by if you want me to and relay a message if you want."

Rainbow Dash gave him a anxious look before answering. "Actually I saw Twilight in the forest and that's why I came to get help." Just then, she pulled out the gem that made Twilight disappear in the first place and held it out in her front hoof. "I'm think that this gem has done something to her. I don’t know what it did. I also was not there to see the whole thing by the time I got there. All I saw was her being engulfed by the light from this gem. And then once the gemstone stopped glowing she was nowhere to be found. That's why I came here. I need you to send a letter to the princess about this at once!"

At hearing this Spike gave out a worried look, and immediately ran for a scroll and some ink and began to write the information that Rainbow had just told him. As soon as he was done he rolled it up, blew his Dragon fire on it, and it was sent to Princess Celestia immediately. After that the two just sat down since now, the two just had to wait for a response.

---

Meanwhile, Twilight was still pondering on what happened. "This could be a prank from Discord... But ever since we opened the chest from the tree of harmony, I can feel when he's doing something and I don't feel a trace of him anywhere... I don't feel the same way I did when he messed with my colors before... With that prank that Rainbow Dash dared him to do so I can actually scratch him off the list. I also don't think it was Starlight Glimmer either, Even though that could maybe explain what happened with my cutie Mark.... But when she messes with cutie marks it normally is an equal sign. Plus I don't think she knows any color alterations spells so have to check her off the list... The only thing I can think of is that gem is like the mirror that I walked through to the dimension that Sunset Shimmer resides in now. Though does that mean I'm in another dimension? And this is what my alternate self looks like? Well it would make sense since when I go to the dimension where Sunsets resides now I turn human so. This is going to have to be my best guess that means the only way to get back home is to find that gem. Meaning I need go back to where I passed out and hope to find it there."

It didn't take her long to reach the area where she thought she came to after she passed out. She began to do a more thorough look for the gem when she heard something coming from behind her. She turned around to see what it was and to her shock, it was an Alicorn stallion, which was an oddity on itself, Since her Equestria had no Alicorn stallion’s. And if this world was just doing a coloration with a cutie Mark change then the stallion should not exist. Another thing that's stuck out to Twilight. Was the fact that he had the same exact cutie Mark as Princess Celestia, and the same white fur coat, but that was all the two had in common. This stallion who Twilight had to assume was Princess Celestia counterpart. Was more masculine than Celestia, his mane and tail had three colors instead of four. Which were all light orange, along with a kind a light red with a darker red that was kind a like cooling lava, Which all three colors look like they were somewhat faded out along with the fact he had a beard. His crown looked like Celestia's. But no carvings were placed on it, and was also attached to a helmet that if her brother was forced to wear a crown. He would more likely have the crown made into, Since he is more of a Royal guard then a elegant prince. The adornment that Celestia would where normally around her neck. Was replaced with something that kind a look like partial armor. And her purple gems that she would have in the center of her crown and neck where. Was no longer purple. But a ruby colored gem. But still the same shape and he also had blue eyes. That would matched one of Celestia's multicolored mane and tail. Despite the fact that. Twilight knew that more than likely this was her former mentor's counterpart. The same former mentor who she considers like a second mother. She found him somehow quite attractive. And knew for a fact that if Rarity was heard she would try to score a date with him right away.

Just then, the stallion decided to speak to her. "Sorry to disturb you. But from my Castle I saw of this strange glow and I thought that I should investigate. I'm pretty sure the glow came from here. So by any chance do you know what that glow was?"

"Oh um... You see I was exploring the forest when I stumbled upon some weird gem. And when I came to I didn't see the gem anywhere. So I thought I'd start heading home but then I noticed that some things that were different. So I automatically assumed it had to be that gem. So I came back and began to looking for it. In hopes that if I can maybe find it and see if I can make it figure out what it done."

The stallion counterpart of Celestia, Who had just then took another good look at Twilight before asking another question. "Could this difference be the fact that you are now an Alicorn?"

At hearing this Twilight gave the puzzled look. She thought that Celestia's male counterpart would know her counterpart, Since she now more than likely looked like her counterpart that had ascended in this world. "Um, no, I was actually Alicorn before gem started glowing. You see what that gem did was for some strange reason the forest look to me lot younger than I remember. It also changed my coloration's and my cutie Mark somehow. The only things that stay the same was me being an Alicorn and my eye-color that's it. Everything else seems different. And I know for the fact that you're one of the two eldest Alicorns in Equestria the one that brings the sun. You look like the one from where I'm from, but yet you're different. I am starting to think that somehow that weird gem brought me to a different dimension. But I'm not quite sure at the moment anymore. I know it sounds bizarre, but that's all I know is going on."

At hearing this, the stallion's eyes began to widen. Twilight thought it was because he knew what was going on. But in all honesty it was because he just found out that this mare was already in Alicorn for some time. Add to that the fact that the only other Alicorn he knew was his little sister and looking at Twilight again. He thought the young mare was somewhat cute even though he was just told that her coloration's were changed. But he was not going by the coloration she had. He thought that more than likely the coloration's were the only things that change. But her physical appearance was more accurate to who she really was. And that along with what he thought was cute but he didn't want to admit it out loud. Also, he was kind a curious about the gem. So he decided to focus more on the gem than her at the moment. "This strange gem what did it look like?"

Twilight thought about it for a moment before answering. "Well. It was a light blue gem with a start a center some parts of the star was blackish blue. Was around the size of a small rock other than it was glowing and nothing else comes to mind on the gem's appearance."

Getting all the information he could from the mare he decided to go and locked up the information. He just got in his head and look more into it later as well ask Star Swirl the Bearded if he knew anything about this. Luckily Star Swirl would be around for a long time. So he could help figure it out since that old stallions weird spell. He placed on himself should last him another 200 and some years before he would die. The Prince just wished that the written spell itself was not destroyed in the process. When Star Swirl used the spell, but getting back at the task at hoof. This strange Alicorn mare could be from another dimension. More than likely had nowhere to go. So he thought it would be best if he took her back to his castle, and let her stay there until things could get fixed. Also, he really wanted to get to know her for some strange reason. "Well I know nothing about that gem. But I will look more into it until then, you're welcome to stay at my castle until we get things fixed."

At hearing this Twilight gave them him warm heartfelt smile that made the Prince heart flutter for a bit. "That's nice of you but don't you live with the Alicorn of the night? Shouldn't you ask that Alicorn first before having me stay at the Castle?" The only reason why she asked was because she knew for a fact that Princess Luna did not like surprises. Not unless it was on Nightmare Night. But other than that she hated surprises. And more than likely this Alicorn of the night had the same personality as Luna.

At hearing this he chuckled. "I'm sure Princess Luna would be fine with this. Now come along, we should start heading back to the Castle."

At hearing Luna's Twilight froze in place. She was beginning to wonder what kind of strange dimension she was in. (How in the world was Princess Celestia a stallion and not Luna? Could her coloration's be different from the Luna she knew.) There was only one way to find out. "Um sorry if this sounds like a strange question but what is your sister look like?"

The Alicorn prince chuckled. "I guess you would wonder since your coloration's have change. More than likely my coloration's are more than likely different in your dimension as well. So you asking that sounds reasonable to ask. Well for starters she has a darker shade of blue eyes than mine. Her mane and tail look like the night sky. Her coat is obsidian with a midnight black splotch on her flank. She has a crescent moon for a cutie Mark. She likes wearing crystal shoes black crown and a black neck-wear with her cutie Mark on it. All along with the fact that she not as tall as me, but taller than you. And that's basically what my little sister looks like."

At hearing this Twilight was even more confused, Unless her personality was different. This Luna would be an exact replica of her Luna. Which would not make sense if she was in a different dimension. More questions were coming to her as the two walk towards the Castle, which even brought more questions, Since they weren't heading towards Canterlot Mountain. But instead the Castle of the two sisters, Which was destroyed back when Luna became Nightmare Moon. If this was an alternate dimension. And this dimension was a lot like her dimension. But yet different from their time frame should be the same as her's to some extent. At this same time the prince realized that he never told this mare his name, nor did he knew her name. "By the way, I forgot to tell you my name, nor have I asked your name as well. And I wish to fix that my name is Prince Solarium what is your name?"

Twilight looked back at him before answering his question. "My name is Twilight, Twilight..."

"And who is this mare you bring home dear brother?"

At hearing this Twilight stopped what she was saying and look towards the voice. Which she recognized that it was Luna right away and but she the Princess Luna. Standing there but also Royal guards in old attire. Just then. Everything clicked how the forest seemed much younger than she recalled. Why Prince Solarium did not know her and the fact that the Castle of the two sisters looked mint condition. Also, there was no gorge at the moment where the tree of harmony would be found: Which meant there could be two things that have happened. One being she went back in time as well as going to another dimension at the same time, Which she was hoping that was the case. But the second one seemed more obvious somehow someway: She went back in time, And Princess Celestia had a big secret from her and everyone else in Equestria of her time.
That the secret was she was really a he and been lying to her. Her whole entire life on Princess Celestia's gender. Which was confusing and heartbreaking to her. The reason why it was so heartbreaking was the fact that. She's been lying to her for her whole life. Confusing because she did not know why Solarium was pretending to be Celestia in the first place. At the moment. She only could say one thing out loud at the moment. "BY THE SHINING STARS THAT GEM SET ME BACK IN TIME!"

~~~ End of Chapter One ~~~

Author's Note:

I decided when I was going to change the coloration and cutie Mark of Princess twilight sparkle. I was gonna use that cutie Mark and colorations of twilight sparkle generation one. So just for those who do not know what twilight sparkle generation one looks like. I found on deviantART two pictures to help people figure it out if my description was not good enough for you all. One of them is of group picture of the main six that somebody done. It looks more of an actual generation one picture. While the second one just shows. Generation one twilight sparkle and generation 4 twilight sparkle both as unicorns though. Just imagine the wings of twilight on and that's what the twilight. In this fanfic at least when she's in the past 200 years before Discord came into the picture is going to look like. Also, I'm going to post a picture of how I think, Prince Solarium would look like. Which is the last picture none of the pitchers belong to me. I pretty much look them up on deviant art for the ones that. I thought would be the best ones to show only as the visual aid to all you. I'm going to place a link below each one of the pictures so that if anyone likes the person's artwork. And wants to look at more of their artwork you can. Also to give credit where it's due. hope you like them.


hitokage195


BoulderTheDragon


twilightfan127

here is what the gem looks like I just googled it is not my pitcher