• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 4,104 Views, 272 Comments

A past that I did not see coming - sakuralovelight



Twilight finds weird gem which sends her back in time up about 200 years before discard came into the picture What she finds in the past will change her life forever

  • ...
26
 272
 4,104

Chapter 16

~~~ Last Time ~~~


Discord started thinking that there was something he did not know about Celestia and it was a dozy of a secret, he couldn't wait to hear the full scoop about it. So with a snap of his fingers. The two teleported to Canterlot Castle.



~~~ And now we return to Solarium and Twilight... ~~~



Solarium looked down towards Twilight to see that she was having the same reaction he had when he first found this place. Seeing this made Solarium fill with joy and pride for doing this. He was also very happy about what he was about to say next. "I'm glad that you liked this place. Since we are going to be here for the whole weekend since today's Friday. We won't be heading back to the Everfree Castle until Monday."



At hearing this Twilight mouth went agape in awe. She thought that they were only going to spend the day here. Not the whole entire weekend, but then the shock left her. Her eyes began to sparkle and she began to smile. "You mean it?"



"Yes I do mean it now I need to unpack what I brought for us for this trip, would you like to take a look around the cabin?"



"Yes I would very much like so to see the inside of the cabin, thank you for asking."



The two walked in and already Twilight loved it. The inside of the cabin reminded her of the inside of the golden oak library, before Tirek destroyed it. Her favorite part of the whole cabin was the living room. It had a simple fireplace with some bookshelves filled with books. Twilight could not help but to skim the spines of the books to see what they were. Eventually Solarium was done unpacking and went to Twilight, levitating some ice skates which made Twilight chuckled nervously. "Are you going ice skating?"



At hearing and seeing Twilight's nervousness made him a bit concerned for her. But he smiled gently before continuing. "Not just me. I was hoping you would join me."



At hearing this Twilight became even more flustered. "Well, you see I'm the best at ice skating in fact. There was an incident when I tried for the first time, so I'm a little bit apprehensive about the whole thing."



At hearing this Solarium gave an even more to gentle smile. "Well, I can help you by teaching you the basics."



"I don't know."



"Trust me, I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise."



At hearing this Twilight could only do one thing. "All right, I'll give it another try."



At hearing this Solarium smiled with joy. "Great, let's get to the lake, shall we?"



The two reached the lake and put on their ice skates Solarium was the first one to get on the ice. He extended one of his wings towards Twilight. Who used her wing to grab onto his and slowly walked on the ice. At the beginning Twilight had a bit of a hard time with her balance. But with help from Solarium she learned quickly how to skate on the ice. Eventually she became good enough, skate on her own and was beginning to enjoy it. Eventually Solarium started doing some figure skating moves on the ice. Which Twilight was, shocked. Seeing this she never knew that Celestia was good at ice skating and began. To wonder why I never saw Celestia skating in Canterlot before. "I never knew you were good at ice-skating. Since I had never seen you a skate before in my timeframe nor heard of you ice-skating."



At hearing this Solarium chuckled. "That's probably because I don't normally skate in front of others. Sometimes during the winter, our parents would take us to their cabin and they taught us how to ice skate. But whenever we would try to a skate around Canterlot growing up, ponies would make a fuss about it. Mostly the mares, at least for me. They would keep asking me to teach them how to skate. Even though I saw them skating just fine before I started skating. So I pretty much only would skate here or at my parents cabin ever since."



"If ponies kept asking you to teach them how to ice skate and that's the whole reason why you only skate in private, then why did you teach me how to skate?"



A hearing this Solarium gave out a grin. "I don't mind teaching those who legitimately want to learn how to ice skate. But those who just pretending that they don't know how to do things just to get my attention really gets on my nerves. I could tell right away that you were telling the truth on the fact that you didn't know how to ice skate. So I was more than happy to teach you how to ice skate. I love teaching ponies how to do things in fact. I wish I could teach ponies things like a teacher, but it would never work out."



At hearing this Twilight froze. If Celestia never became her mentor, then she would never become the Alicorn that she is today and Solarium is Celestia's past self. So she needed the fix this quick, even if it meant tinkering with the future a bit more. "Why not? If you love teaching so much, why not teach?"



At hearing this Solarium side. "Because my subjects will just pretend they don't know something and we'll. Just end up relearning the same things, just to get my attention. It's not worth it."



"That's not true Solarium."



At hearing this Solarium with its head towards Twilight. "Twilight I love you, but that's what will happen if I ever teach. "



At hearing this Twilight began to chuckle. "Solarium you remember the relative I spoke about before, the one who that became an Alicorn by finishing Start swirl spell about friendship right?"



At hearing this Solarium nodded remembering. What Twilight told her about that relative of hers. "Yes I do recall you mentioning that. I also remember the fact that you won't tell me if it's your mother or your grandmother cousin. However, this Alicorn is your relative in some way. But what does that have to do with me being a teacher?"



"That relative of mine was once your personal student before ascending into an Alicorn. Back when that relative was a unicorn. You see you open it up a school in Canterlot for unicorns with strong magical potentials, and whenever you see a unicorn that has so much magical potential that it really more of a bother having that unicorn going from classroom to classroom, learning bits and pieces of topics, moving around about in subjects. Or if you see that they have too much magic. You'll take them and become a mentor to them and they will become your own personal student. So you see you are a teacher, you just are very picky on who you teach in my time."



At hearing this Solarium was, shocked. He did not know what to think he never thought he would be able to help educate his subjects for a brighter future. But now hearing that he could do so by just taking on personal student. This made him very happy. So much so that he started crying with tears of joy. But when Twilight saw this she thought she may have done something wrong. So she started skating up towards him and soon she was by his side. "Solarium are you okay?"



Just as soon as Solarium noticed that Twilight was right next to him. He pulled her into an embrace while still crying. "Thank you. Thank you so much for telling me this, it means a lot to me."



At hearing this Twilight realized that he was not crying because she said very wrong. He was crying because he was, overjoyed those she smiled and returned embrace. "You're welcome."



They stayed like this for some time until Solarium spoke. "Sorry about that."



"No it's fine. Really."



"So do you want to continue ice-skating?"



"Lets."



So both of them continued Ice-skating until it was lunchtime. When the two headed back towards the cabin and started to prepare their lunch. As soon as they were done eating their lunch, the two decided to read up by the fireplace. Twilight ended up in Solarium's wing embrace during this time(, although she really did not mind). Eventually it was supper time and by the time they were, done eating. They were both tired and decided to retire for the night. Solarium showed Twilight where she would be sleeping for the night. (The bedroom right next to his.) The two said goodnight to each other and went off to bed.

~~~ End of chapter 16 - Next time: A nature walk.~~~