• Published 6th Aug 2015
  • 1,355 Views, 35 Comments

Princess Diamond Jewel: Origin Story - Buckeye49



In this story Nightmare returns...but this is not the story you know, for Nightmare is back and...pregnant?

  • ...
17
 35
 1,355

Chapter 8: Most wonderful of nights

Nightmare Night was a controversial holiday at one point for Luna when she heard of it upon her return, since then it now has become a day Luna looks to like her birthday; in a way it was like a second birthday, it was a day remembered as the night Nightmare Moon was born, not anymore. Nightmare Night became the birth of a new beginning in Luna's relationship with her subjects, and more intimately her daughter Diamond Jewel; now Luna will have a brighter reason to enjoy this year's Nightmare Night, because it would be her daughter's first Nightmare Night she would take part in.

Jewel was bouncing she was so excited, her mother was giggling as she tried to get her eager daughter to hold still long enough to finish helping Jewel into her costume, Jewel was dressed up in admittedly appropriately a Nightmare Moon costume; Jewel chose this costume because she learned that Luna used magic to turn herself into Nightmare Moon and wanted to be like her. Luna although was still Luna even though she was physically her former ego, speaking of Luna herself she while helping Jewel, was already in her Nightmare Moon form readying to head to Ponyville to take part directly in the town's celebration of the holiday as she had done when the holiday was revised there.

"Hold still Jewel, I know you're excited but I cannot finish your costume if you do not hold still" Luna said smiling as Jewel had herself an ear-to-ear grin.

"I can't mommy, I am too excited!" Jewel said beaming and giggling.

"I know Jewel...just hold still...I am almost done" 'Nightmare' Luna said.

"Aaand~...Done!" Luna said grinning.

"How do I look?" Jewel asked wide eyed and joyful.

"Let's go see in the mirror" Luna said walking her over, upon Jewel looking in the mirror Jewel examined herself checking all details; upon finishing her look-over she gave a frown.

"What's wrong Jewel?" Luna asked looking concerned.

"I don't look like you..." Jewel said looking disappointed.

"I see why Jewel...it's okay Jewel...I have something to help you..." Luna said; Luna then charged her horn and touched Jewel on her back, upon contact Jewel watched as her fur turned pitch-black, her eyes shift, and mane and tail become wavy; when Luna was finished Jewel gasped as she then saw...a mini version of her mother before her.

"Wow!....." Jewel gasped looking at her eyes and fur, she then smiled as she looked at herself again and was now satisfied at her appearance.

"There you go sweetie...." Luna said smiling, however she remember the slight resistance she put up on Jewel choosing Nightmare Moon as her costume, reason being of course.....because she was born, when Luna was Nightmare Moon for real...and from what she remembered....she looked, exactly like her....but that was the past and before her a brighter future.

"Yay!!" Jewel shouted with joy as she then bounced around giddily.

"Somepony sounds excited!" a voice spoke up.

"Aunt Tia!" Jewel called out galloping to Celestia.

"Hello Jewel! My goodness there are two Nightmare Moons!" Celestia said dramatically.

"Really? Do I look like her? I should look like her..." Jewel said.

"You look like her...but you are cuter" Celestia said smiling in a 'D'aw' expression.

"True sister, she looks adorable does she?" Luna said moving toward Celestia.

"She does...you look perfect as well Luna"

"I should...I have done this multiple times, foals love it" Luna said.

"Aunt Tia? Why do you not have a costume?" Jewel asked looking perplexed.

"I would love to take part but I always have things to do..." Celestia said with a sorry expression.

"I'll get some candy for you..." Jewel offered.

"Aw thank you Jewel" Celestia said hugging her tightly.

"Welcome Aunt Tia" Jewel said kissing Celestia on the cheek.

"Have fun sweetheart" Celestia said smiling warmly.

"I will!" Jewel said walking to Luna.

"Have a great evening too Luna"

"I think this will be a most wonderful of nights" Luna said wrapping her left front leg around Jewel.

"I have no doubts" Celestia said smiling moving to hug her sister.

"See you in a few hours" Luna said.

"Safe journey" Celestia said.

Soon Luna and Jewel left and were heading to Ponyville, Luna and Jewel took Luna's chariot like she did before and shortly were in Ponyville after a dramatic entry.

On the way Jewel and Luna again had a small talk before arrival.

"This is a special night Jewel, you still excited?" Luna asked.

"I am a little scared..." Jewel said.

"Why is that honey?" she asked hugging Jewel, "You nervous?" she asked in addition.

"A little....is it very scary?" Jewel said.

"Not that much...only a little, but that is for older and bigger ponies" Luna said comfortingly.

"Really?"

"Yes Jewel, but I have something special for you"

"What is it?" Jewel asked looking curious.

"Want to help mom?"

"Really?!" Jewel asked eyes twinkling with excitement like back in Canterlot.

"Yes Jewel, because you are dressed like me, you can be my helper" Luna said.

"Thanks mommy!" Jewel said snuggling.

"Of course dear" Luna said smiling warmly, "Before we start we are going to see Twilight first okay?"

"Okay mommy, I missed Twilight" Jewel said.

"I am sure Twilight would love to see you too"

Soon the two finally arrived and then headed to see Twilight as Luna said she and Jewel would.

"It seems ponies like your costume Jewel" Luna said.

"They did, did they?" Jewel said beaming.

"I think Twilight will like it too"

"I hope so" Jewel said following her mom closely.

Jewel and Luna eventually found Twilight and she was speaking with Pinkie of whom was apparently like a blast from the past wearing her chicken costume.

"Twilight!" Luna called out.

"Luna!" Twilight said going over to greet her and hug her.

"How are you?"

"I am well Twilight" Luna said smiling, it was then Twilight noticed and d'awed when she saw Jewel.

"Hi Jewel! You look great, and cute!" Twilight said bending down to hug Jewel.

"Aw...I want be scary~" Jewel said.

"Oh sorry Jewel...you do look scary, but there is nothing wrong with cute"

"Yeah! There is nothing wrong with being cute, I mean come on! What's wrong with cute?" Pinkie said walking up.

"Very true Pinkie..." Luna said.

"Hi Pinkie" Jewel said.

"Hey there!~" Pinkie said bending down to nuzzle Jewel, "You look great! You look like a mini-Nightmare Moon; or is it a 'mini-Moon'?" Pinkie said in addition, Jewel giggled at Pinkie and Pinkie's costume.

"Ready to enjoy Nightmare Night?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah! I get to help mommy" Jewel said.

"Oh? How?" Twilight asked.

"I get to be mommy's helper because I look like her"

"That sounds fun! Did Luna tell you what she does?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah she did, back home she told me that she gets some candy from other ponies" Jewel said.

"That's right Jewel, the reason we do this is different from what it was before...now we do it to thank Luna and give her love for being our Princess of the Night" Twilight explained.

"That's nice of ponies" Jewel said smiling brightly.

"I know...it is something special so she can enjoy this night too" Pinkie said kindly.

"Nice...so...where are we going?" Jewel asked.

"Follow me Jewel" Luna said.

"Okay mommy" Jewel said trailing behind Luna; Jewel and Luna then went off to do what Luna did on Nightmare Night, all the while Jewel was having the time of her life smiling all the way.

"So Jewel....go over to those foals over there...remember what I taught you" Luna said.

"Okay mommy, I remember..." Jewel said sneaking over; upon Jewel reaching the foals she acted as scary as she could and said, "I see you have some candy, care to share it?" Jewel said menacingly.

"Wh-Who are y-y-you?" one foal, a pegasus colt asked.

"I am Nightmare Jewel! Daughter of Nightmare Moon!" Jewel said cutely yet at the same time powerfully.

"R-R-Really?..." another foal, a unicorn filly said shakily.

"Yes! And I demand that you give a part of your candy for me and my mother!" Jewel said; out of sight Luna giggled yet felt a glowing pride in seeing Jewel doing so well playing her part.

"That's my girl!" Luna chirped to herself.

"Okay! Okay!...Here!" the foals said taking portions of their candy an placing it in a bag Jewel had out.

Luna knew Jewel would do well, but to perhaps add to the foals experience and make sure Jewel did not over do it, Luna made her own entrance.

"Well done! My foal....my precious daughter!~" Luna cooed dramatically as she slowly walked over.

"Thank you, mother" Jewel said keeping her act up complete with a light bow.

"You were wise to give her your candy little ones~ If you decided you didn't want to....you would have to answer...to me!!" Luna finished with a dramatic echoing growl.

The foals shrieked as they ran in fear, Jewel when she saw them leave looked at her mother with an unsure expression.

"It's okay Jewel, that is part of it; foals want to be scared, but not too much got it?" Luna informed.

"I got it mommy" Jewel said brightening up then moving to her mother, "I did good right?"

"Yes my Jewel, you did wonderfully" Luna said snuggling and nuzzling her.

"This is fun!" Jewel said joyfully.

"I am happy you are having fun sweetheart; now I think that is all for now, there are more things to do I want to show you" Luna said.

Jewel simply squee'd with joy before following her mom back into town, once in town they then took part in the different activities Ponyville had to offer, 'Bobbing for Apples', 'Spider Toss', 'Pumpkin Catapult'; 'Spider Toss' was Luna's favorite game of the former mentioned.

"How are you doing Jewel?" Luna asked.

"I am-....*yawn*...okay mommy..." Jewel said looking tuckered out.

"Are you sure?~" Luna asked though she knew better.

"Yeah I'm not sleepy" Jewel protested a little stronger but was slowing down.

"Okay...then there is one more thing to do" Luna said.

"What is it?"

"Something I do with Twilight and her friends, it is....well I am not sure spooky stories is good for fillies or colts your age" Luna said.

"Aw!~....." Jewel said looking disappointed.

"You can join in the stories when you're older okay honey?" Luna said sweetly.

"MmmOkay...." Jewel relented

"Good; however while I have time with Twilight and her friends you can nap a little before we head home and enjoy our candy" Luna suggested.

"Okay" Jewel agreed again but instead of walking she decided to hop on her mother's back, of which Luna helped and Jewel then rested on Luna's back as they headed to Twilight's castle.

The two then arrived but Jewel was out like a light when Twilight answered the door.

"Hey there Luna!" Twilight said cheerfully.

"Hush Twilight! Jewel is sleeping" Luna whispered.

"Oh sorry...I have a place she can rest" Twilight offered.

"Thank you Twilight"

"Of course..."

Twilight then escorted the two in and soon Jewel was placed on a soft spot to sleep away from the group as they told their stories.

Jewel slept soundly until she felt a cold breeze of which she learned she was in the chariot on her home.

"M-Mommy?" Jewel said waking a little.

"Yes Jewel?" Luna said wrapping her wing around her.

"Do I have to go to bed?"

"I think you should....don't worry Jewel...we can enjoy our candy tomorrow" Luna said soothingly.

"Okay..." Jewel said sleepily before snuggling in her mother's wing; Luna simply smiled as the two made the rest of the trip in silence.

The two returned to the castle with Jewel resting peacefully under her mother's wing in Luna's magic grip, Luna wasted no time in making her way to Jewel's room and soon placed Jewel in her bed after removing the magic she used to add to Jewel's costume; as Luna tucked Jewel in she took a moment to look at her sleeping daughter before kissing her and bidding goodnight and wishes for deep and happy slumber before leaving for her own room.

To say Luna was happy would be underplaying it by a mile, Luna was beyond happy, she was as blissful as Celestia was after her first day reunited with her sister but in her own way and fashion as she smiled brightly as she headed to her room; Luna had long since changed back to her normal self 'banishing' her alter-ego for another year and also placed her candy along with Jewel's to be eaten tomorrow, now she thought, for some sleep herself.

She soon entered her room and slipped into her sheets and upon letting her body relax she sighed, "A most wonderful of nights".

THE END.

Comments ( 10 )

6550503 Thank you and thank you for the favoriting.:twilightsmile:

6551005 What did you like about the story?

6551274 The love how you handled the idea plus I only favorite stories I've finished reading and might want to read another day.

6551333 Oh okay, thank you.:raritystarry:

Awwww I wish it wasn't over:fluttercry:

8746142
Sorry about that, this was an origin story.
I am pleased you liked it though.

Liked it? no.

ILO:pinkiehappy:VED IT!!!!!!!!!:heart:

Login or register to comment