• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,617 Views, 42 Comments

Subject to evolution - Dramize the Salamander



What happenes when an evolving race without a leader gains one leader?

  • ...
9
 42
 1,617

Chapter 3

Day 14

I woke up to the sound of screaming from Nurtrana so I jumped up and dashed to the care taker to find our three captives stuck to a wall and Whisper spinning a cast for Nurtrana's broken leg. "What happened?"

"They tried to force Nurtrana to free them ended up breaking her leg." Whisper said looking at the three with fist clenched I smiled as I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry Whisper they will be punished but for now spread the word none are to feed them until I say so, ok." I said activating my evil eyes while staring at our captives.

"Got it, come Nurtrana let's get you back to the nursery." Whisper left with Nurtrana leaving me alone with the prisoners I held out my claws clear poison leaking from them as I got close before I gave them a small scratch and left them struggling to get free as my toxin took effect and after five minutes I could hear their screams as I gathered up my weapons to go hunting for an uneventful hunt so when we came back except for Velger and Cadaia who stayed out to hunt a bit more I couldn't hear their screams any more so I went to check on them they had stopped moving but they were still breathing but just barely their eyes were glazed over. "They must have passed out." I thought as I gave them a light tap to wake them up. "Good afternoon, guess what your punishment is almost over." I said letting my words sink in. "Now let me tell you this is your new home now and l know if you harm Nurtrana or and Changeling from this hive ever again I will hunt you down no matter how far you run and bring you right back here and poison you so much worse that you will beg for a death that will never come. You understand." The mares nodded their heads ether to afraid or they had screamed so mush they had lost their voices. "Good now you all get your rest you have a big day tomorrow."

Day 15

Buzzelga was shaking me awake saying he had something to show me so I got up and followed him until we got to, two black pillars that were glowing a soft green. "Are those?" Buzzelga just nodded with a smile causing me to smile I told him to gather the gear we acquired and that we would hunt on our own until they finished evolving he left to do his job while I went to tell whisper who was glaring at the five mares we had captive. I told Whisper the then asked her to free the prisoners.

Whisper looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you nuts? They could hurt someling or one of the nymph."

"Calm down Whisper we have come to an understanding isn't that right." I said with a venomous edge which the mares picked up on nodding when I looked at them. Whisper looked at me as I smiled before moving to free them.

"Just know if they do anything wrong."

"Don't worry I've got that covered." Whisper left leaving me alone with the mares. I walked up to them slowly not trying to spook them. "So I believe we got off on the wrong hoof my name is Drasa." I said with my hand out watching as the mares shy away from it for good reason. I laughed at their reactions know I wouldn't trust me after our first meeting ether. "Look it wasn't just anyling you attacked in your escape attempt, it was the care taker of this hive she's pretty much the mother of my generation so I had to punish you but now that's in the past so let's talk changeling to pony without any hate between us. So you know my name what are yours?" The mares looked at each other with a calmer expression.

The light blue unicorn mare spoke up first. "My name is Trixie Lunamoon and I'm sorry for hurting your mother." Trixie said her eye pointed at the ground in shame.

Next to speak was the silver pegasus with a rust colored mane "We all are my name Sky Ballista by the way and this is my little sister Light Hammer." Sky said point at the orange unicorn mare who also had a rust colored mane.

"Sorry." Light said with her mane covering her face.

"It's ok" I said petting her before walking away saying if they were hungry try to get some food from the other lings before I left to practice my spells until the day ended.

Day 16

I remember I forgot to ask what our new guest jobs classes or talents as they are call in this world are so I asked after my tactics lesson which I realized had a few evolved Changelings in it which warmed my heart. It took a while to find of resident ponies they were exploring the hive and I only found them after I heard the sound of metal on metal clashing coming from the abandoned forge. Light was standing in front of the now revived forge her mane tide back into a ponytail as she was crafting a spear completely absorbed into her work while Trixie and Sky leaned on a near by wall waving at me. "So your sisters talent is blacksmithing." I said containing my joy.

"Yea and I'm a lance master she's fixing me a new weapon with some ore this life savor found." Sky said like she read my mind pointing at Trixie.

"Hey I'm just a normal mage that just happened to know a metal detection spell." Trixie said with a slight blush.

"Hey would you two like to come hunting with me it would be some good exercise."

"Why not I've got nothing to do I'll meet you when my spear done."

"Ok then, Trixie?"

"I guess it's away to keep my self sharp." Trixie said rubbing the back of her head.

"Great I'll meet you at the entrance." For their first hunt they didn't do to badly they caught a lot by themselves but they didn't have a hunters drive or instinct so bigger prey kept overpowering or eluding them but they did well for their first hunt.

Day 17

Whisper woke me up telling me that Velger and Cadaia had woken up. I Jumped up and ran to the main chamber to find them already talking to Nurtrana so I took my time and looked at their changes. Velger body was shapelier and turned fire red but kept her green band and mane. she now had a foxes ears, eyes and tail with an emerald flame on the end. While Cadaia had turned blue and slightly more slender while her forearms and legs had reinforced chitin while two small horn poke out from her now grey mane. After congratulating them on their evolution and learning Velger magical threshold was the highest of any ling in the hive and Cadaia could control water I gave them a metal scythe and a spear then left them to figure out their bodies while I went to supervise a hunt of another changing that had yet to evolve.

Day 18

I woke up early and decided to go on a solo hunt. I grabbed my crystal swords and a iron one from our stash along with my backpack and went out. I hit our usual spots first before even deeper into the forest against my better judgement. It was getting dark and I knew I should have head back but I kept going not feeling satisfied with the prey I caught already. Then I heard snapping branches coming from my left so I climbed a near by tree and saw a navy blue dragon with a gold underbelly enter the area it was easily twice my size and had a powerful looking body. I created a compressed magic ball and threw it at the drake knocking it over from the impact and explosion but not even harming it. It stood back up and shot a torrent of white flames at my direction scorching everything in it's path reducing them to ashes leaving me standing in a field of ash behind a red magic shield I made just in time. I kept my shield up anticipating another torrent of fire as I charged going in with my crystal long sword only for it to shatter against the drakes hide before I got smacked aside through one tree and into another shattering my shield, cracking some of my chitin and causing me to cough up blood. I forced myself up watching blood stream from between the cracks of my chitin and to cast another shield to block a jet of white fire aimed right at me. The jet hit my shield and burned right through forcing me to deflect it with my spare crystal swords giving me enough time to dodge before they were destroyed. I charged the drake again longsword drawn as coated in poison from my claws going in with a few slashes only to create small gashes before I was grabbed and it readied to engulf me in flames rearing back. I stabbed drakes claw trying to force it to let go but it wasn't working but then I heard the drake roar in pain and a explosion. I looked up as I fell to see through the white flame that covered the drake's face one of it's eye were red and bleeding I smiled as I landed in a net held by Buzzelga and Cadaia the latter who was looking at me rage in her eyes as she put me down.

"Do you have any idea how worried we were?" Cadaia said as Whisper and Velger joined us. "Now what's your plan for taking this beast down?"

"Speed play don't give it room to breath." I said readying my sword. Everyone else took out their metal weapons and I noticed they were bloody telling me their hunt's went. Me and Buzzelga dashed with Cadaia close behind. The drake had no chance when we got together our combined attacks kept the beast moving and it quickly realized breathing fire wasn't going to work with Velger using her will-o-wisps so it tried to spread it's wings and fly away but several web ropes arrows started to pin it down as the poison was taking effect weakening so it couldn't break free and by the time the beast fell the moon was setting and we were all exhausted and starving we devoured our fill leaving only the bones of the drake before we pass out.

Acquired Chitin scale evolution

Acquired Dragon body evolution

Acquired Dragon flame evolution

Acquired Weapon tail evolution

Acquired Pedal shifting evolution

Acquired Control growth evolution

Evolution available

Would you like to slot these evolutions then evolve? Y/N