• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,617 Views, 42 Comments

Subject to evolution - Dramize the Salamander



What happenes when an evolving race without a leader gains one leader?

  • ...
9
 42
 1,617

Chapter 23

After hours of flying we made it to Cantorlot just in time to see Discord his color faded as he's was being held up by Tirek and looking half conscious while the red and black centaur just laughed at the defeated god that was in his hand while eight familiar ponies were trapped in red bubbles with their colors faded.

"Well was that all you had Discord a few cheap tricks your just a bad joke." Tirek said as he switched his grip to Discords neck. "A bad joke I would be happy to end."

"So your offering to be the punchline, ok then." I said using Reap to teleport in front of the now very surprised centaur before punching him in the gut while slashing at his right leg with my tail forcing him to drop Discord as he was push back slightly as a cracked small dark red shield was where my fist connected and a small cut where my tail connected. "Oh this is going to be fun." I said as the other lords joined me in facing our prey.

"Who are you?" Tirek asked while he looked at us trying to gauge our power.

I just smiled at the question before answering. "We are just some hunters that owe this one." I said pointing at Discord before I took a deep breath and covered area in a numbing smoke. Everyone drew their weapons and jumped and dashed for cover before the smoke cleared leaving Tirek alone with his captives as we moved in the shadows of the buildings. I picked up a rock and threw it at a Tirek to give away my position and as he started to blast my cover I ran watching as Buzzelga and Acid charged in from opposite directions. Tirek raised his shield just in time only to watch it shatter from the impact. Tirek blinked behind Acid and blasted her into Buzzelga knocking them both away but keeping him distracted from the me and Glyph as we went in under the cover of fireballs and ice spears provided by Elytra and Velger. Glyph moved quickly leaping right in front of Tirek lighting dancing around her body which gathered into one ball before exploding into a blinding flash of light which was followed by a deafing sonic blast. Tirek started back peddling as he covered his eyes and started randomly firing magic blasts catching both Buzzelga and Acid knocking them away. Whisper landed a power shot from her bow getting and arrow to pierce through Tirek's right shoulder that left a trail of powder in the air which acid touched with her flaming axe causing it to explode and almost completely destroying Tirek's shoulder as the blast following the arrows path. I jumped up and in an instant Glyph and I had cut off both of Tirek's horns but then I was sent flying through a house and into a large emerald.

"Nice catch Buzzelga." I said before I felt the pieces of my chitin fall off from where I got hit. "Buzzelga Acid take point he's stronger than he looks." Tirek was still blind and deaf but without his horns he was striking at anything around him but I knew he wouldn't last much longer. Buzzelga and Acid ran forward allowing us to get hits in with out trouble as Whisper pelted him with arrows and Cadaia with water spears until Jinx jumped on to Tirek's back and used her tentacles to bind his movements while slashing with her blades so we hung back letting her have her fun until she got board leaving Tirek covered in cuts as he fell to his side and tried to brace him self with with his hands only to fall the life fading from his eyes as blood loss and poison ate away at his last seconds. I walked up to him sword ready to deal the final blow until held out his hand gesturing me to stop as he pleaded for his life making offers that I could believe would be well within his power but they fell on deaf ears as I moved in and shoved my claw right into his chest and ripped out his weakly beating heart for all to see holding it up like a trophy before I took a bite signaling dinner time. We ripped Tirek's body apart enjoying our meal until we reached an red glowing organ I didn't recognize that pulses with energy. I pick it up and bit into it only have it exploded releasing a wave of what felt like raw magic as it blasted us back into walls behind us as a strange warmth put me to sleep.

All parameters met evolution set.

When I woke up again I was laying in a grassy plan looking up at clear blue cloudless sky their was quiet and peaceful until I heard a familiar voice.

"Drasa stand and follow."

I got up and looked around to see a nothing around until I took a step. Large stones erupted from the ground each one with a picture of each form I had ever taken on them starting from my original form to what I looked like now. These stones glowed as the formed a path to a large rock which I took to find myself standing on the red glowing impression of my beast form and current from carved into the stone. Then suddenly I was floating in a dark void facing two glowing red balls of light as images of everything I've ever eaten appeared in my mind with impressive clarity as I hear the voice again.

"Now choose youself."

I was confused what the voice ment choose youself what did she mean I thought about the voice could mean as I let my mind wonder to the meaning until I saw the light ball change shape one taking a form similar to my own and the other become much more beast like and then it hit me.