• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,617 Views, 42 Comments

Subject to evolution - Dramize the Salamander



What happenes when an evolving race without a leader gains one leader?

  • ...
9
 42
 1,617

Chapter 13

Day 68-69

Twilight had created test of us on everything first our physical strength by bringing us top side much to the dismay of the ponies to destroy some building that were in the district of the city where we were camped during our invasion in our normal and then dragon forms which was a minor annoyance compared to a weird itching sensation me and Elytra were having which caused us to scratch all day to the point that we were breaking off our chitin shells. Twilight asked what was wrong but I didn't have an answer for her so she took us back to the cavern where we scared some ponies that were crowded around our eggs much to her dismay and our pleasure. But at that moment I noticed something odd about the studious princess when she thought we weren't looking I could sense a ton of killing intent coming from her telling me to keep my guard up just to be ready for anything. I watched her leave before falling asleep curled around Elytra and our eggs only to wake up alone in a field. I looked around confused until I saw princess Luna as I learned sitting at white table.

"Well this is a simple dream." Luna said summoning a tea cup full of tea to her hand.

"Well I'm a simple beast is that so wrong." I say back materializing a seat of my own. "So what do I owe the pleasure of hosting the princess of the night and dreams in my humble dreamscape."

Luna put her cup down and looked me dead in the eye. "I want to know why you attacked Cantorlot with Chrysalis?"

I smiled leaning back in my chair. "I could tell you but what's in it for me?"

"Well I guess I would owe you one for clearing your part in all this." Luna said before taking a sip of her tea looking me in the eyes as I did the same before we started laughing.

"You are an interesting one princess. like a black rose among a field of white daisies your solidarity makes you shine."

"Thank you Drasa you flatter me but that won't get you out of this."

"Yeah so shall we begin." I snapped my fingers and the world shifted to my memory of the day Chrysalis approached us which allowed Luna to get a quick run down.

"I see Chrysalis did come to you with a good offer for your assistance. That leaves me with something to consider." She said with a smile.

I gave her a sinister smile. "So the princess of the night is making plans but for whos future." The world started to shift as I heard a soft voice echo thought out the dream.

"I appears you wake Drasa I enjoyed our chat." Luna said making a door appear opening it to a dark void.

"Like wise princess like wise." I woke up to Elytra poking me with her hand so we could eat but as I woke up I noticed her chitin was extremely reflective almost like it was polished. I went to a near by pool of water and saw my own chitin was the same which made me think as I wanted to test this new shell before realizing I might get to when twilight walked down several guards each armed with bows and swords telling us to follow her. I got up and placed a fresh coat of sludge on the eggs and followed the princess as I saw some ponies take samples of my sludge from the eggs from the corner of my eye. Twilight was testing our agility having us run and fly a course at our full speed it was a ten mile course full with a wide range of non-lethal obstacles to block our progress taking us twelve minutes to complete. while I was in the air however I saw a dark green blur flying across the sky at ridiculous speed. I contemplated fly after it I realize even at full speed I would be able to catch up so I just landed to see a the other princesses approach with Cadence holding the flute they use to capture us. I suppressed a growl at the sight of the flute and greeted the royalty before us while Elytra just crossed her arms.

"I don't understand why my mother would tell ponies where the prime queen's tomb was, but I hope she's ready for the consequences when the other queens find out. Anyway what do you all want?" Elytra said her eye narrowing.

"Yes what do we owe this visit." I said kneeling and taking Celestia's hand and giving it a kiss as I could feel Elytra gaze trying to burn a whole into my back while Luna started to chuckle at the look on her sisters face as she started to blush as I back away leaving a small wet mark on her hand which I watch vanish into her fur knowing I'm gonna have a good laugh in a few minutes.

"Drasa we have come to the conclusion that you are extremely dangerous but you aren't targeting ponies in particular so I want to have you hive stay and work with us ponies for a more harmonious future." Celestia said rubbing her legs together slightly showing my poison was taking effect slowly.

"Ok only for two reasons one I want to see how badly this goes when you ponies try to stop us from hunting and two I want that flute. I didn't give Chrysalis away to control us when we worked together so why should I allow you to have one." I said with venomous smile which Luna returned while I saw Cadence's grip on the flute tighten like it was the only thing that would keep us at bay.

"That sounds fair give up the prime arc flute and we will work with you." Elytra said walking up to Cadence to take the flute but Cadence's horn started to light up with Elytra doing the same and that's when I stepped in.

"Hold on theirs no reason to fight right now relax." I said before I a whistling sound and the black blur came out of the sky crashing near by kicking up a ton of dust only allowing us to see a shadow.

"DRASA ELYTRA YOUR ALIVE!" said a familiar voice before I got tackle by a giant bat like creature covered in chitin.

"Glyph?" Elytra and I said while I struggled out of her hug so I could stand and get a better look at her. Glyph had evolved in an interesting way giving a harpy like body with razor sharp feathers that covered her bat like wing arms that hid a second set of much smaller arms with sharp talon like hands that were a few inches under breast level her head was like a cross between a bat and a falcon making her head almost pyramid shaped her body looked light and was thin with a tail that was flat yet still covered in needle like barbs.

"I so happy that I found you that means everyling is safe." She said as she went to hug Elytra while I thought about what to do with this new information as I noticed Celestia trying to sneak away her blush darkening as her horn glowed softly as she saw me looking at her.

"Shall we talk more later princess?" I said with a knowing smile.

Celestia glared at me putting two and two together as the other ponies watched for her answer. "I agree we shall talk more in the evening about many things." She said with some slight venom in her voice before turning to leave with the other ponies following.

"Well that was a thing." Glyph said stretching out her wing as she yawned.

"Glyph go tell the others to come here. Elytra track the princesses and the first chance you get steal that flute I refuse to allow them to have a way to control us." I said staring at Cantorlot castle.

"Yes Drasa." Glyph said before taking off

"Ok. This will be fun." Elytra said turning invisible tearing off her collar and following the ponies while I went to check on the eggs as I waited for Elytra to return falling asleep to wake up on top of a lake surrounded by rainbow colored crystals.

"This is a tranquil dream Drasa."

"I'm keeping a clear head to night. So princess what is it that you need?"

"My sister is accusing you of poisoning her I just came to find out if that is true."

"I do have an answer for you but that depends on what you are prepared to do when I give it."

"I guess the depends on your answer."

"I knew their was a reason I liked you. Yeah when I kissed her hand that's when I gave her a weakened form of a toxin I used on Ponyville some time ago and even back then it wasn't anything fatal I just made sure she couldn't think at them moment." I said with a shrug and a chuckle.

"You were play a joke on my sister. I'm impressed not many have the gall to mess with the princess of the sun."

"Then I guess I'm part of the few."

"Yes you are and that why I choose you." said an unfamiliar voice. The dream shook as a red light appeared from the sky the rainbow crystals turned black and red the lake water turned to whirlpool of shadows that a Changeling queen with my coloring rose out of carrying a scythe. "Among other reasons."

"Who are you." Luna said realizing I wasn't causing any of this.

I looked up an kneeled. "So we finally meet death queen."

The queen laughed before snapping her fingers which caused a red beam of light to appear blasting Luna and causing her to disintegrate before she could put up any defense. "Filthy pony worm daring to infiltrate the dreams of my named heir, she should know her place." The queen relaxed as she looked at me only for the dream to shake again with Luna's voice echoing through it. "The worm is waking you up. what a pity I was hoping to talk to you more no matter I guess I will see you later son here's a parting gift from momma." The queen hit me with a ball of energy that shank into my body before diving into the swirling pool just as the my dream started to fall apart.