• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,617 Views, 42 Comments

Subject to evolution - Dramize the Salamander



What happenes when an evolving race without a leader gains one leader?

  • ...
9
 42
 1,617

Chapter 33

Day 207

I was waking through the tunnels of the phantom grove hive snacking on one of the wasp like greedling warriors as the others ran away coughing up blood as I released a toxic miasma to fill the tunnels. I was so board I was at a point where these changling couldn't really do damage to me plus they didn't really have an interesting taste. It fell like I was trying to eat a mountain of dry bread but something inside me was telling me to keep going. I followed the smell of blood and the fallen bodies taking them for snacks when ever I got hungry. I followed the trail until I reached a large chamber where a the heart of the hive resided the nursery where Elytra was waiting her corruption taking root as the floor was covered in her slime. I walked up adding my own corruptive sludge before nuzzling her taking in her light soft scent. We both turned looking at large ornate door covered in runes and metals. Several clicking sound could be heard as slots in the door opened and along the walls. Elytra brought up a shield around both of us as thousands of cross bow bolts were shot at us bouncing of her magic while faced the door and charged up my hell flame compressing it in my mouth then releasing a heavy torrent of flame that blew away the doors. We walked inside to see a mostly empty thrown room except for few corpuses that were crushed into the walls by me breaking down their door, a crown sitting on a table that Elytra took and placed on her head and a large burn mark that took up most of the floor. I had Elytra inspect the floor while I corrupted the rest of the hive. I walked slowly in beast form letting my sludge pour out from my maw while raising any dead ling that I passed so they could start digging a travel tunnel to the main hive. After an hour of wondering round and an another hour of me getting lost I returned to Elytra carrying an interesting serrated bident I found in their armory and a large grub

"So what happened?" I asked tossing her the grub for a snack.

"Mass teleport." Elytra said catching her snack with out even looking away from the ground.

"What?"

"In the event of a major threat rising up against a hive their queen can take some of her hive to take shelter with another hive using a mass teleportation rune which she overloaded so we could not follow or trace them."

"So she gave up the hive to start anew thinking she got away from us."

"Most likely."

"Well their nothing more we can do here." I held out my hand for Elytra and turn on my charm. "Shall we head home my queen."

"Yes we shall my king." Elytra took my hand and we started to make our way out of the hive while I took a small ruby from my mane filling it with my magic before tossing it behind me so my necromancy wouldn't fade.

Day 219

It was nice to be back home I was thinking before we were being bombarded by cannon fire coming from an armada ahead of us. Elytra shielded her self while I dove down into the water quickly switching to leviathan form before picking up speed closing in on the ships before me. I readied several enlarged hellfire rubies on my tail and launched them out of the water before detonating them creating a smokescreen to distract them from Elytra while I charged forward. I plowed through the bottom hulls of any boat in my path as I got to the beach sinking a few ship then changing to my normal form. I walk up taking in my surroundings noting the armed stocky muscular deer like creatures that were camping on the beach with an assortment of female griffons, minotaur's, ponies, and diamond dog all of them wearing strange collars most red with some being black or purple. I quickly counted a hundred bodies on my beach before I noticed the mostly empty cages except for five which held six groups female and feminine looking lings that had weak survival traits or undesirable mutations. I continued to wonder around until I bumped into a young griffon with a red collar. We looked at each other for a split second then she looked down then back up with a crafty look in her eye before running away screaming alerting everyone to my presence, but then again I wasn't trying to sneak around. The guards surrounded me quickly each holding a whole matter of steel weapons so I ignored them until a guy that made the others look skinny and short walked up holding buster sword and wearing a captions hat walked up.

"So I have to guess your in charge here?" I asked looking up the guy felling a bit board.

"That I am pipsqueak what's it to you." He answered glaring down at me like I was a but to squashed.

"Ok that great because I've been gone for a few days so I'm just wondering what you are and what you are doing here on my island?" I asked getting an reaction from everyone especially when everyone turned to the heavy slam that came from the cage lings leaping into the backs of their cages then bowing as low as possible. The creatures smiled as some took out chains and whips while some of females looked at creatures before grabbing chains and weapons themselves while the others hid.

The Caption laughed as he tightened the grip on his buster sword before raising it. "Well pipsqueak we are the Caribou and we've come to clam this island for our glorious empire. To bad you won't be able to see it." The Caribou brought down his sword aiming to cut me in half but it was slow so I caught with my left hand it getting surprised looks from them.

"Ok judging from the weight of the slash and your reactions I would have to guess you haven't really been here that long and you haven't gone into the actual jungle yet." I said as the caption was trying and failing to pull his weapon away from me. I pull back yanking the blade out of his grip with ease and gave it a few test swing before tossing it back to it's owner. "Well as nice as it was meeting you all I'm afraid your not welcome here so ill give you two options. You can get on your still remaining ships and leave or you can stay and die here. Two of the solders gave me my answer as the charged in thinking they were in my blind spot for them to be skewered by my tails. With a quick flick the two on my tails flying as I decided to make my self known. I let my auras rain out at full blast causing about most of the caribou, half red collared girls, and most of the purple collared girls to just fall over as blood poured out of their mouths. The caption stood before me the effect visibly showing as he was shaking but frozen.

He looked at me as if I was the grim reaper his eye full of fear and tears as he tried to move his body. "Please spare me." He managed to whisper as his sword fell to the ground while all the still living caribou ran to the jungle to get away from me along with females.

"You know I would but I'm starving and your the freshest meat here soooooo." I stabbed my claw into his chest and tore out his still beating heart taking a bite out of it like it was an apple as I thought to my self I should visit this glorious empire of theirs before blasting the rest of their boats into oblivion.

Acquired enhanced stamina

Acquired musk charm

musk charm overwritten acquired pheromone charm.

Acquired enhanced libido

Acquired skill slave maker

Acquired skill mind breaker

mutated appraising eyes

Author's Note:

This most likely won't end well.