• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,617 Views, 42 Comments

Subject to evolution - Dramize the Salamander



What happenes when an evolving race without a leader gains one leader?

  • ...
9
 42
 1,617

Chapter 12

Day 66

It was still raining when we woke up and I could see the marsh was flooded even worse than usual so we decided not to really hunt today knowing that the prey would be trapped on any patches of solid ground they could find in this storm or they were aquatic and we could just chase them so we didn't worry about food but what did worry me was that pegasus from yesterday she made me stop as if I had lost all control over my own body and it bothered me that I had no defense against it. I racked my brain looking for solutions and the only ones I could believe would work involved an enclosed or dense space, or long ranged combat with a smoke screen effect and those would only work if she was alone. I was about to bang my head against the wall from frustration when I looked over at Elytra who was napping on my side and our egg which we were curled around and stopped realizing I didn't need to think about this all I need to do was keep them safe. I kept that thought in mind as I listened to beat of the storm letting the constant rainfall lull me to sleep. Until I heard several splashes, Elytra and I jumped up ready to tear whatever was entering our cave apart only to feel a soothing golden wave was over us. We fought against it doing our best to stay awake as we shifted into dragon form and growl at our uninvited guests five mares of the nine mares from the invasion. We both took a deep breath and started to exhale a dark poison cloud at the ponies only to have our mouths forced shut mine by blue magic and Elytra's by purple magic. I looked at Elytra telling her stand behind me with my eyes as I use my magic to break the hold over my mouth and started to focus my magic their as I took another deep breath focusing on my flame. I slammed my claw anchoring myself as I shot the same laser that killed the hydra to erase everything in front of me. I took the knockback better this time only sliding back slightly but I felt mentally exhausted as my gills opened to vent to smoke in my lungs I slumped a little letting instincts take over giving my mind a rest only to feel my thermal sensors turn on to see five pony heat signatures still standing in the smoke which meant no rest and no magic I need Elytra for dispelling while I went on the attack. I geared up to charge in turn off my thermal sensor to see the purple pony holding a black flute which she was bringing to her lips. Elytra dashed past me at the pony her eyes wide with worry as she used her frost breath only for it to be blocked. Then the pony started to play and I lost control of my body as me and Elytra stopped moving at the sound before I fell to the effect of the soothing waves.

Day 67

When I woke up I was in a cage in a crystal cavern with Elytra next to me and we surrounded by ponies in lab coats. I got up and stretched before taking a good look at our cage before noticing the ponies starting to back up with one of them running off. I woke Elytra who looked around trying to get a feel for her surrounding wondering where we were. Then the purple winged unicorn appeared in a lab coat.

"So your awake." She said before levitating in two gray collars which she hooked on to our necks just under our gills which changed color. Elytra's turned navy blue while mine turned a ruby red.

"Where are we, what are these for and where are our eggs?" Elytra ask getting most of the questions out of the way before I could even try to pry the collars off.

"Ok in order you are in the crystal caves under Cantorlot Castle those collars are collecting data on your bodies and your eggs are right on that table over their." The pony said as she started looking at a papers that came from a near by machine. Me and Elytra relaxed as we saw that our eggs were safe allowing use to try to think our way out of the cage we were in until I heard a few more hoof steps and saw a familiar face.

"Naturana your ok. Why are you here is the hive safe?" I asked excited that she was safe.

"The hive is fine Drasa the ponies have been taking care of us while you were away." Naturana said with a strained smile as she sat down in a chair she looked paler that when I last remembered, her chitin was gray and her mane was an even lighter green. I could tell something was up but I would figure it out later after I confirmed the hive's state.

"That's good where are they?"

"In Ponyville Princess Twilight was gracious enough to accept our hive."

"Ok then now princess what's your plan for us?" I asked giving my wings another good stretch while tapping the bars of the cage.

The princess thought for a moment before looking at me with a slight smirk on her face. "It's a secret but I will be having you moved to Ponyville after a few more test." She said before handing me and Elytra a sack diamonds and a onyxes. " Eat up I many plans for you and I want you strong for the physical test tomorrow." Then she left as I was about to ask how were we supposed to eat gemstone only for Naturana to answer telling us that if we had a dragons constitution we should be able to eat them before she got up and left slowly.

leaving us to our meal which after I found out we could bite through started to think was candy only to be completely surprised when I hear a voice.

Acquired Pressure shell Evolution

Acquired Mineral reinforcement Evolution

Acquired Chrystal growth Mutation

Acquired Chrystal breath Mutation

Before I thought about the new word mutation.