• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,618 Views, 42 Comments

Subject to evolution - Dramize the Salamander



What happenes when an evolving race without a leader gains one leader?

  • ...
9
 42
 1,618

Chapter 11

Day 61

I woke to a voice I hadn't heard in awhile as I yawned in my cocoon.

Acquired Corruption bomb

Acquired Corruption Blast

Acquired Death Queen's Heir

Acquired Prince's Aura

Acquired Corruption Queens Blessing

Acquired reinforced body

I stretched out breaking my cocoon before looking around while yawning and going to the water fall to wash off the slime that was covering me. When I got to the waterfall a rinsed off the slime I saw what I looked like my wings were back but now had a white skeletal out ling that matched the rest of my body that made I look like I was wearing a skeleton as armor I looked a my new left arm getting a fell for it as my new tail looked like a cross between an axe and a bident match the new forward facing white horns that were on my head. I let my self admire my new look when I heard singing coming from the waterfall's source I climbed up to see Elytra rubbing her stomach as I could note the changes to her as well she was the same Skeleton pattern but in black and she had grown feathered wings. She looked at me and smiled we nuzzled each other before I went out to test my new abilities. I flew Into the air and to find a secluded area of the marsh only to be drawn to a peaceful forest clearing I closed my eyes and took a breath and tried to shoot my Water jet or my corruption blast and after several tries I finally got the water jet which pierced through ten trees and a bolder before finally stopping and after a few more tries I mastered it using it but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't use my corruption blast or bomb. I went hunting to take my mind off it until I found a clear lake and I felt something in my throat after a second I threw up a ball of black sludge in to lake which explode after a few minutes then turning the lake purple. I looked down at the changed water before leaving with what I caught, felling that was enough testing for today I took what I caught back to the cave and let myself relax as I slowly figured out that sludge bomb I created.

Day 62

I woke up early today full of energy as I loosened up my body for a good days hunt I walked to the mouth of the cave ready to dive into the water until I hear a ear piercing scream. I ran to the source of the scream getting their just in time to see Elytra pushing out the first egg. My body reacted on autopilot before I could do anything shifting in to a long more serpent like dragon form before curling around Elytra and heating up, then throwing up a large glob of sludge right were the eggs would land. I couldn't move after that like something wouldn't let me so I had to stay and enjoy the beauty of my offspring joining to world. After a good six hours of Elytra giving birth then passing out and a five minute stretch I did a quick count of the twelve new red-purple eggs that laid in the sludge as I wished Nurtana was here so I could ask her what I should do. I quickly banished the thought before going to hunt for the both of us knowing Elytra would be hungry when she woke up.

Day 63

Elytra was still weak from the laying but was now curled up next to our eggs as she rested leaving me to my own thoughts as I wondered how the others were doing. I wouldn't let myself worry I need to remain focused on keeping my eggs and mate safe.

Day 64

Elytra was recovering so I was less worried today and went hunting while she guarded the eggs I flew across the marsh land until I came to a new sight a ground of armored Deceive lings hanging around guard ponies undisguised and wearing collars. I was tempted to fly down to ask what was going on but I resisted food was more important than information at the moment until I heard something about a group evolve ling head towards the crystal empire I flew into a near by clearing and walked to where they were resting but they had left when I got their so I returned to the cave with my catch ready to guard for when Elytra goes hunting.

Day 65

It was raining heavily today but I didn't really care I still hadn't mastered my corruption blast and now I had time to do it I flew off into the storm using my thermal sensors to see through the monsoon level downpour. I look around for a good place to practice while I spat out some corruption bombs in random places just to get more practice with them until I shot out a torrent of sludge out that covered a good range covering everything it hit in sludge. I was feeling good as I figured out my new ability as I flew but it occurred to me that I should hunt so I dove down into the marsh and started happily hunting in the rain until I saw several pony figures in the distance I though about using my invisibility but I knew the rain would give me away so I let my self sink into the marsh so they wouldn't see me. As soon as I was sure they couldn't get away I used leapt out of the water in dragon form and roared as loud as possible. The ponies froze with fear their leg lock in up for a before they could even run then I raised my claw to crush on of them only for my claw to stop moving as one of the ponies was now right in front of me. I turned off my thermal sensors and realize why my claw stopped I was locking eyes with that yellow pegasus again. I tried to move my body but I couldn't I couldn't even close my eyes. I was at this pony's mercy and I still couldn't figure out why I tried to reason it out until I felt a powerful blast hit my side knocking me back and out of the pony's gorgon like gaze. I created a poison smoke screen and fled knowing if that pony was there their was nothing I could do.