• Published 16th Nov 2011
  • 3,102 Views, 33 Comments

Trixies of the Trade - StarkyShy



You and your friend check out the new entertainer entering town.

  • ...
1
 33
 3,102

Conclusion-The Final Act

“Not bad.” Those were the only two words she said about your performance.

“That’s all? That’s all you have to say?” You were disappointed, but something told you that Trixie was more disappointed than you were.

“Yes. That is all Trixie has to say. You have done an adequate job for your first day. Now pack your essentials and be prepared to move away tomorrow. Our next show is in 3 days.” She started to walk inside her traveling stage, and you felt your heart stop.

Tomorrow? It did make sense, she is a traveling showmare, but you were caught off-guard, unprepared for travelling tomorrow. Nevertheless, you wordlessly spread your wings and flew off towards home. As the cold night wind blew against your body, you began to reflect.

How am I going to tell everypony about this? In fact, should I even go? I mean, what do I even see in her? Is this even a good idea? ...I’m going back. There’s something I need to do.

Immediately, you spun on a dime and started to fly back. Your wings flapped to the beating of your heart. You had no time to waste. You had a unicorn to talk to.

You nearly stumbled as you landed. Wings prematurely retracted, you walked up to the caravan, the cold cobblestone underneath your hooves. You were about to knock when you heard a voice lamenting in the night.

“How is it this hard to tell him? Don’t be a whimpering fool.”

Is that Trixie? No, that’s not possible.

“He’s hard working, obedient, and kinda cute, so how come you can’t tell him?” the voice continued, unaware of your presence.

...Is she talking about me? No, that’s impossible.

You carefully pressed your ear against the door in an attempt to hear better. Your breathing slowly started to pick up, but was still quiet as you attempted to get more information.

The voice sighed. “It doesn’t even have to be an ‘I love you’. Just tell him how much you care about all the hard work he’s done.”

That is Trixie, but who is she talking about? And who is she talking to?

“You’re The Great and Powerful Trixie! Do not let fear hold you back! Trixie has vanquished the dreaded Ursa Major! Trixie has magic that fillies and mares only dream to obtain! Trixie does not let fear rule her life!”

Your breathing gradually became more and more audible as you desperately wanted to have all your questions answered.

“I should take a walk. To clear my head...”

Horseapples.

In a panic, you took to the sky, not caring anymore about noise, but more about being spotted. You flopped onto a nearby cloud and gasped for breath. As you caught your breath, you looked to where the unicorn was walking towards, all alone without her trademark hat and cape. You lay on the cloud, the softness depressing as your body slowly sank in. You began to think about what you’ve done.

Should I follow her? No, that just seems creepy. Argh, I’m not thinking straight. Ok, I just gotta relax here, collect myself. What happened to me? I’m still head over hooves for a mare I barely know... I need to talk to her when she gets back. Maybe on the road to whatever town is next. Confess that I really admire her, maybe. I gotta let her know...

It took 8 minutes before you heard another voice. You felt your body freeze, temporarily paralyzed by the shock. You poked your head out from your one-cloud hideout, and saw that Trixie was returning. You scooted across the sky, you heard her voice, it was soft and slightly depressed. It sounded like she was muttering about something, but you couldn’t make out any words. You debated about whether or not to tell her now.

You leaned further from your hideout to see her sigh before entering her wagon. Quickly shaking your head, you ditched your fears and landed on the ground. To your left, the road back to your house, to your right, Trixie’s wagon. You exhaled sharply, and knocked on the door.

“Great and Powerful Trixie? Are you in there?”

After the sound of a panicked gasp, and hooves clopping across the wooden floor, the door opened to the unicorn in full outfit, her face completely flustered.

“W-what are you doing here? Here to admire Trixie more?” She yelled at you, desperately trying to gain her composure.

You shifted uncomfortably, unsure of what to say. “Well...kinda...”

Trixie cleared her throat, “Well, it isn’t surprising, many a pony have come to admire Trixie.”

She seemed to not care that you’re her assistant. You briefly look to the side. “Well, Trixie, there’s something I need to tell you.”

She nods, “Well, then speak! Don’t keep Trixie waiting!”

You were nervous, you nearly broke into a nervous sweat. You started to stammer, choking on your words, “Well...I...I...”

You slowly saw Trixie get impatient as you stammered. One of her eyebrows raised in suspicion.

You took a deep breath, and gazed into her eyes, your body shaking, “Well, ever since I saw you...I really admired you...”

The unicorn nodded once more, “Understandable, of course. Trixie has had this happen to her before.”

You cringed, your face becoming warmer by the second. “Well, I mean, after a while, I started to like you more...” Your heart was pounding to the point that it could double as a bass drum in a marching band. “...and I...Well...uh...” You were cut off by a hoof on your lips.

“No more. Trixie understands.” she calmly ordered. Her air of confidence slowed your heart rate. She took her hoof of your mouth and smirked. “Trixie has something to admit to as well.”

You nervously tapped your hoof against the wagon as you waited for what she was going to say.

“You see, Trixie has admired you as well.”

You felt your heart skip a beat as you tried to comprehend. “You...you have?”

The blue mare smiled. “Yes. Trixie admires your hard work, dedication, and kindness. Not many ponies display that to Trixie.”

You stood immobile. You could not even blink. This was one of the last things you expected her to say.

“So...thank you.” As the last words left her mouth, she moved closer and kissed you on the nose.

POMF!

Wingie Status: Popped

You gasped, blushing profusely. This display made the mare chuckle.

“W-well, I think I should get home, to finish packing...”

The showmare surprisingly shook her head, walking back inside, she motioned with her hoof to follow her in. You obeyed, curious and excited on what she wanted.

“Trixie supposes she can postpone the tour...just for a while.”

Comments ( 5 )

TOLD YOU.

I TOLD YOU.

That was a nice sweet story, curious about how there relationship goes from there but it is not a bad ending at all.:ajsmug:

The ending kinda feels like cut off, calling for one or two more chapters - a sequel maybe, but fine anyways.

Like + fav.

Login or register to comment