• Published 16th Nov 2011
  • 3,098 Views, 33 Comments

Trixies of the Trade - StarkyShy



You and your friend check out the new entertainer entering town.

  • ...
1
 33
 3,098

Prologue-Cursed Words

“Look, I’m telling you...” You started with your friend. “There is no way that my sister got with one of the Wonderbolts. It’s been a fantasy of hers for years, and I’ve went to a ton of shows with her, but I doubt that one of them actually hooked up with her. I mean, I think the Wonderbolts are amazing, but I doubt that they’d get with one of their fans.

“How do you not know the relationship status of your own sister? I mean, I found out first that your brother’s all lovey-dovey with that cello mare or something.”

“I’ve been a little busy to keep track of the love relationships of my family.”

“Busy doing what?” He laughed. “Sleeping? You’ve slept in until like, noon for every day off you’ve had.

“I’ve been doing my part-time job at the factory. I’ve been working so many jobs because I really need the money to get something for my parents for the family reunion coming up soon. You’re lucky you have a concrete career. I have to work odd jobs.”

“...Oh...Well now I feel embarrassed.”

“You should. Oh hey, we forgot to check the news today!”

“Oh yeah!”

You flew down with your friend in front of the billboard of town square. Feeling the wind in your mane as you slowly made your descent. It wasn’t often that you got to relax, you were almost always working.

“Let’s see...” Your eyes scanned the posters, searching for something that would catch your eye. “ Hm...Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper have a half-off sale!”

“For their food, or their cookware? I just need the food.”

“Why do I get the feeling all you’re gettingis the microwavable food?” You grinned, nudging him on the sides. Your friend rolls his eyes.

“You know me that well. Hey, what about that one?” He pointed to a purplish poster dead center of the board.”

“Citizens of ‘insert town name here’...” You read aloud. “Watch in awe as ‘The Great and Powerful Trixie’ preforms for YOUR town! Be prepared for the most magical night of your life! For two nights only! Watch The Great and Powerful Trixie amaze you with her prestidigitation!” The bottom half of the poster was a blue mare in a wizard outfit posing confidently. And you’d be lying if you said that she didn’t look good. Then again, looks aren’t everything...

Your friend chuckled. “Well, should we go?”

You shrugged. “Eh, why not, we don’t have anything to do, right? Besides, what's the worst that could happen?”