• Published 16th Nov 2011
  • 3,098 Views, 33 Comments

Trixies of the Trade - StarkyShy



You and your friend check out the new entertainer entering town.

  • ...
1
 33
 3,098

Chapter 3-7AM WAKING UP IN THE MORNING

*BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZ-Click*

Your hoof hit the alarm. Oh jeez, what time is it? My freaking head hurts... “Let’s see...6:55...”

Your half-awake, half-unconscious brain put 1 and 1 together.

“...Oh no! I’m going to be late!” You screamed to nopony but yourself. You looked out the window, and saw the caravan in the same place as it was before. “I swear, I set my alarm to 6:30...” You bucked open the door and ran out without a second thought, adrenaline already pumping into your body.

Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot! You scolded yourself as you galloped, accidentally bumping into other citizens and in a flustered and panicked state, apologizing as you passed them. You had no time to lose. Eventually, you reached the caravan, sweating, exhausted, and out of breath. You prayed that the worst hasn’t already happened.

Oh please please please...please don’t be late...please please oh please...

The sound of a bell from the clock tower hit your ears. Then a second, and third, until finally the ringing stopped at the seventh ring.

Oh thank Faust...

As you panted, you nearly collapsed onto the ground. The peculiar sound of magic made you look around for the source. The sound of a slightly amused mare came from behind you. “Ah, good. Trixie expected you to be late, but you made it right on the dot.” You turned, wiping the sweat from your forehead as you found Trixie had teleported behind you. Despite your exhaustion, you managed a weak smile. “So, what do you have planned for me?”

The unicorn smirked, “First, we shall see if you are qualified for the task. Trixie does not let just anypony in, you know!” She gave you a wink and a grin, you could already feel your wings trying to extend.

Nononono, Not now, not now...

You managed to keep your wings at attention. “Er, ok...what am I doing first?” you inquired. Trixie put a hoof to her chin. “Stay still for a moment,” the mare ordered. You complied, staying still. She started to walk around you, eying every inch of your sweaty, frazzled body. You got nervous, you quickly realized that you didn’t exactly look your best considering how fast you got out of bed and out of the door. You had no time to fix your mane, no time to brush your fur, no time to put on an outfit even though this town barely wears any clothes anyway...

“Hmm, first off, you look absolutely horrid!” she remarked, you gulped in anticipation. “Well, that’s a start...you would make Trixie look even better than she already is in comparison.” You couldn’t decide if that was truly good or bad. But, it was hopefully getting you somewhere. You managed a nervous grin. “Uh, so what’s next, Trixie?”

“Next, Trixie will test your physical abilities.” She said in a somewhat mischievous tone. You felt a drop of sweat go down the side of your head. But you shrugged, it made sense. It wouldn’t make sense to hire an assistant who wasn’t strong. You prepared for what she planned for you.

The mare’s horn began to glow. Behind you, you heard the sound of several large objects hitting the ground. You turned, and saw several large wooden crates. Well, I have a feeling I know where this is going... “Alright, so what do you want me to do with these?” “You will catch on soon.” Trixie suddenly lifted one of the boxes and teleported it onto your back. You let out a grunt as you felt the sudden pressure push down on your back. It took a few seconds before you were able to readjust yourself to be more comfortable, but seconds later, Trixie stacked another box on top of your back. You started to sweat, the wood pressing harder against your back. It seemed every 10 seconds, more weight was added onto your load. You guessed that you were carrying over 80 pounds, and your body and face clearly showed pain. Until finally, you actually felt relief as the weight on you suddenly vanish. You gasped for air while you listened to Trixie slowly clapping.

“Well, Trixie finds your performance adequate. Not many ponies can carry that much.”
Despite the pain, you managed to smile. “I-Is that all the tests?” The unicorn put a hoof up. “Not quite yet. Now you must assist The Great and Powerful Trixie in a practice show.” She slowly moved to her caravan, and out popped a long box and what you assumed to be a very, very sharp saw.

...I see a red stain on the box. That better be ketchup or cranberry juice or...

The top of the box flipped open, and Trixie began to speak to an audience of nothing. “Fellow citizens of Trottingham! Watch, as the Great and Powerful Trixie performs prestidigitation for your pleasure!” Without warning, Trixie lifted you up with her magic. You began to protest, but it was much too late, you were already thrown into the box, and the lid was shut tight. “Hey wai-” “Now, watch, fellow citizens! I will now saw one of your friends in half!” Out of nowhere, a giant sawblade was hovering above your stomach. Your pupils shrank.

Darn. And I was so close to finishing my will.

The blade started spinning.

Should I have given my friend anything?

It was lowering closer and closer to the box, the whirr of the blade getting louder.

...Nah.

The box began to slice through the box.

...Oh yeah. This is a magic trick.

Sure enough, the blade began to slice through your body, with no pain or signs of death whatsoever. You chuckled at yourself for temporarily losing sense. “Eheh...well, are we done?” “Well, you have seemed to barely past all of Trixie’s tests, I would say yes. Congratulations. You are now Trixie’s assistant. Trixie shall see you later today at 4:00 on the dot. The Great and Powerful Trixie does not expect you to be late. Understood?” You saluted. “Yes, ma’am.” She smiled, “Good. Farewell for now.” Her horn began to glow, and with a bright flash. She was nowhere to be seen. You looked around, and decided to go find your friend and tell him the good news.

He could not stop laughing. “Wa-wait, your ugly mug was supposed to make her look better? HA HA HA HA HA!”

If he wasn’t your best friend, you’d kill him.

“A-and sh-she...Bwahahahaha!” Your friend fell onto the ground in hysterics. Apparently the idea of you doing physical labor for a pony is really funny to him.

“Oh, shut up.” You said in a deadpan voice. Unfortunately, he was still laughing.

“O-Ohoho man...T-this performance I have to see. When is it?” He said, tears in his eyes. “I’m supposed to be there at four.” “A-alright. I’ll be there,” he chuckled. You sighed. “Don’t humiliate me, okay?” He gave you a grin that only meant he was going to be trouble.

You put a hoof to your face and shook your head. “One day, I will hurt you so badly...”

You turned around, wings outstretched, and flew off home, Trixie was going to be expecting you soon, and you really wanted to impress her.