• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 936 Views, 2 Comments

Get a Clue - S. K. RyDer



Six ponies. Six rooms. Six weapons. Six suspicious deaths...

  • ...
8
 2
 936

Ending D

Ending D:

STOP! THIS IS AN ENDING! GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING UNLESS LINKED HERE BY THE MAIN STORY!

“This is incredible!”

“Not so incredible as what happened next!” Smiles stopped in the middle of the hall, chest heaving to catch his breath. Grey Cloud sat next to him.

“After we all split up again, I went upstairs with you, yes, you, Violet!” He pointed a hoof at the Unicorn, “And, while I was in the master bedroom you hurried downstairs and turned off the electricity, got the Curtain Tug from the open cupboard, and throttled Cadance!”

“Did not!” she looked at the butler, “Lord Chestnut can attest to that!”
“She did vanish for a time.” The stallion shook his head.

“Scarlet seized the opportunity and, under cover of darkness, got to the library, where he killed Shining Armor!

“True or false?”
“Who are you, Fetlock Holmes?” Scarlet looked back at him, “True!”

“So it must have been Mustard who shot the singing telegram!”
“I didn't do it!” Mustard looked at Navy, a sudden desire to throttle her overcoming her.

“Well, there's nobody else left.”

“But I didn't do it!” She turned, giving an epiphany, “The gun is missing! Whoever's got the gun shot the girl!”

“I shot her.” They turned to look at the pony who spoke, gun strapped to their inner hoof.

“You?!” Four voices gawked in amazement.

“So it was you.” Lord Chestnut’s chest puffed out, “I was going to expose you.”

“I know. So I choose to expose myself.”

“Please, there are ladies present!” Grey threw her hooves to the floor.

“You thought FoxTrot was dead.” Smiles pointed a hoof, “But you failed to realize that he can’t die. You just merely help him gain his Elemental Status.”

All looked around, Navy lowered her pistol to the floor.

“Then what about the other three?” Grey asked, “Gilda an’ Pinkie and Rainbow Dash?”

Smiles pointed a hoof at the Pegasus, “They were murdered by nopony here. Sadly, with all the mucking about I made us all do, we gave them more than ample time to get away.”

All stomped their hooves after a second of silence. “What about the Guard?”

Smiles shook his head, “Why should they come? Nopony's called them.”

“You mean,” Navy’s face lit up, “Celestia, of course!
“So why shouldn't we get away with it?” Smiles gave a furtive glance around, “We'll stack the bodies in the cellar, lock it, leave quietly one at a time, and forget that any of this ever happened.”

“And just leave all these ponies to be left alone until they rot, forgotten in some mansion’s cellar?” Lord Chestnut stood to his full height.

“Of course.” Smiles mirrored the stallion’s expression, “Why not?”

“Well, I'll tell you why not.” He whirled around, cracking Smiles full in the chest with his back hooves.
Smiles flew across the hall, his head smacking the suit of armor’s lowered axe.

“Good kick Doctor.” Smiles held a hoof to his bleeding head, “Very good . . .”

“I told you I didn't do it!” Mustard looked around, eyes falling away from the dead butler.

Comments ( 1 )

This was a fun read. A bit rushed, and in a few places the original characters' names is still in place (such Yvette, twice) but all in all not bad. Clue was a fun movie, and I think you did a fairly good job.

Login or register to comment