• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 937 Views, 2 Comments

Get a Clue - S. K. RyDer



Six ponies. Six rooms. Six weapons. Six suspicious deaths...

  • ...
8
 2
 937

Ending B

Ending B:

STOP! THIS IS AN ENDING! GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING UNLESS LINKED HERE BY THE MAIN STORY!

“Two of us killed Rainbow Dash and Fawkes respectively.” Smiles looked around, “But only one stands before us now. The other lies dead in one of those two rooms.”

He gestured to the Recreation Room and the door to the Cellar.

“Cadance or Gilda?” Violet was perplexed, “But he was their employer, right?”

“Wrong. They were merely living under his roof. And his will specifically stated that when he were to die, they would receive half of his proceeds from all his vineyard cultivating and wine-making as long as the stuff still sold under the label of ‘RyDer Brew Sparkling Wine’”

“Then which one was it?” Scarlet Worker glared at the butler, “If’n it was either of them mares, that is.”

Smiles nodded, “Gilda had been living under his roof for a time now, ever since she was exiled from Grydon. He took her in under his wing, so to speak. She gave him many tips and secrets for cultivation of the grapes that he made her his partner.
“When he had his will made out, not a week ago, she wanted the proceeds. So, tonight, when we were distracting him, she had Rainbow Dash plan this storm so she had an excuse to kill him.

“When we killed him, as Lord Chestnut accurately discovered, she took him out and made sure of it, which is why we found him in the bathroom.”

“Then who killed her?” Mustard asked, “And the others.”

Smiles looked her way, “The pony who killed Gilda, killed her because she was one of the other beneficiaries of FoxTrot’s will. Cadance was his right-hoof-mare, being by his side when needed. Naturally, her husband was also to get a share.

“Rainbow Dash was in there for the sake of being Rainbow Dash. And he had a massive crush on her once upon a time, so naturally, he would leave her something to.

“The Singing Telegram Girl was mentioned in his will, as the one who wrote it, so she would get her fair share of money.

“But, they placed in there, that in the events of the deaths of any of the beneficiaries, that the contents of the will be slated equally between the living.”

“And you?” Mustard looked at the butler, “Were you in it?”

He smiled, “Obviously not. Otherwise I’d be dead. Dead as any of the others.”

Violet snarled, “Who killed them then?”

The Butler grinned, “Trixie Lulamoon”

Navy Model buried her face in her hooves, crying bitterly. “Now I’m going to be condemned for bad showmareship. I’m never getting another show!”

Lord Chestnut put a comforting hoof on her shoulders, “No one’s condemning you Miss.”

Smiles nodded, “You’ve only got six charges of murder on you. The judge will understand.”

Trixie looked up, her grey-violet eyes clouded with tears and hope.

The two grinned evilly, “No. You’ll rot in jail for the rest of your life.”

DING-A-LING!

Smiles checked the grandfather clock, “Ah, right on time.” He trotted to the door, opening it up.

“Is this the residence of Prince FoxTrot?” a burly voice rang through the door.

“Yes, thank you for coming.” Smiles stood to the side of the door, letting the dark brown Pegasus in. He was followed by two white Unicorn guards. “You’ll find the dead bodies of Prince FoxTrot, Rainbow Dash, Gilda, Shining Armor, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, and Miss Pinkamena Diane Pie in the living room and cellar, respectively.”

“Who killed them?” One of the Unicorns asked, “Unless it was you all.”

Trixie found six hooves pointed her way, then felt magic binding her hooves as she was led out of the manor, between the two Unicorns.

“Nopony’s condemning you.” Smiles called out the door again, “YET!”

He slammed the door, “Never did like her kiss-flank shows. Anyway, let’s help these two fine Gentlecolts with the bodies.”