• Published 16th May 2015
  • 26,340 Views, 555 Comments

A Displaced Dragon - Prince_Zodiac



Dan never thought that he would ever see his favorite villan in videogame histroy. Next thing he knows, he's the very being he admires! But life may not be that easy as he appears in an unfamiliar land. What adventures will he begin in this new land?

  • ...
99
 555
 26,340

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty Three: Twins Meet Twins


Chapter Thirty Three: Twins Meet Twins


{Third POV}

It was currently nightfall in Ponyville. Tomorrow was the big day. The day when Twilight and Alduin would finally be wed. The Twins were sleeping soundly with their father and soon-to-be mother. Suddenly, Plague woke up, unfused with Alduin, and rubbed his eyes. Amnesia, noticing that her brother was up and about, woke up as well. She unfused with Twilight and approached her brother.

Plague? What are you doing?

Hey, do you feel that?

Feel what?” Suddenly, Amnesia felt a sudden pulse of energy, like something was calling to her.

That.

Yeah, I do. What is it?

I don’t know but it sure feels, familiar.” The Twins tried to recall where they had felt this feeling before. Then, out of nowhere, a portal opened up underneath them and they feel through. “Oh wait, I remember now. This is what we felt like before we first meet Symbol!

“Ok you two, your mother and I are going out to Canterlot for the evening, you two behave yourselves until either Ruby, Krystal, or Twilight gets back.” A tall white stallion with spiky purple hair said to two small children. One was a young girl with long blue hair, a small blue dress with slippers on her feet. The other was a small young boy with messy golden yellow hair, he wore a yellow jacket with jeans and sneakers. “And no Sapphire, no blowing things up while I'm gone...I wanna watch as well.” The stallion smirked as the girl rolled her eyes.

”Do I really need to be watched while I test out my weapons dad? It's a lot more fun to be able to just fire away.”

“Sadly yes, it makes your mother feel better about me allowing you two to have my guns and weapons at your disposal. Also, no buying a new weapon from the Gadgetron Vendor! I'm saving up for the Zodiac.” With that the stallion walked out of the castle of friendship with a pony Sonata Dusk following him who turned back to the children.

“Please take care of the eggs children, make sure they're safe and sound.”

”Don't worry mom, we'll keep our little brothers and sisters safe!” Sapphire said as she brought out a huge gun.

Sonata groaned. “Honey...did you give Sapphire the RYNO 2?”

“No, it should be in my inventory-ohhhhhhhh you sneaky little-!” Before her father could come back to retrieve the weapon Sapphire slammed the door shut and locked it.

”Goodbye have a good time!”

“Sapphire! Open this door...so I can give you a hug!”

“Nathan! You're supposed to punish her for stealing one of your weapons of mass destruction, not reward her.” Scolded Sonata.

“She just reminds me so much of myself, so eager to wreak havoc with quality weaponry *sniff* she makes me so proud sometimes.” With that the couple took to the skies and began flying towards Canterlot.

”Why do you always have to steal the guns from dad sis? Didn't he give you a few guns to start off with?” The boy asked shyly.

”Well he did Lyric, but he only stuck me with the bomb glove, devastator and Telsa Claw, I love them and all but sometimes I just want something with a little more firepower.” Sapphire began walking, carrying the huge weapon that was almost twice the size of her body effortlessly as she hummed a merry tune. Lyric sighed and began following his sister. Suddenly they both felt a small surge of energy in the castle.


Mmmm… huh, wha? Where are we?” Plague sat up and looked around, his sister doing the same. They were in Twilight’s castle, but for some reason now it was day time. The two got up and began walking around, wondering what the heck was going on. They didn’t notice that behind them was a little gold necklace with a purple and green orb.

As they walked around, they noticed the door to a room was open. Deciding to investigate, they found a bedroom. Everything looked pretty normal, well except for the group of eggs in front of them. There were five of them, all different colors.

Huh? What are these?” Plague and Amnesia were about to step into the room to get a better look, when suddenly a blast of energy knocked the both of them away from the door.

”Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask you not to enter this room.” Plague sat up and looked at his attacker. It was some girl, looking to be around his age, with long blue hair. She had a small blue dress on and some slippers. Behind her was a boy, also looking to be around the same age, with messy golden yellow hair. He had a yellow jacket with some jeans and sneakers.

Ouch, hey what was that for?

”You were about to attack my little brothers and sisters!

Little brothers and sisters? All I see is a bunch of eggs.” The blue girl fired another shot, hitting her target dead on.


Sapphire lowered her weapon after that last shot and sighed. No intruders were going to hurt her unborn brothers and sisters.

”Well, that takes care of that.”

”Um, sis? Shouldn’t we have tried to figure out why they were here? I mean, maybe they got sent here on accident.” Sapphire looked at the smoke build up and shrugged.

Eh, too late to worry about that now.” Sapphire began to walk away, but Lyric just turned to look at the plume of smoke. As he was about to leave as well, he did a double take.

”Huh?” If he looked closely, he could see a figure in the smoke. It was much taller than the two Sapphire had just blasted. As the figure became more defined, he saw it raise up its hand, before a red light started charging up. Lyric’s eyes widened before he dove at his sister. ”SIS LOOK OUT!”

Sapphire just barely looked behind her before Lyric tackled her, and then a large amount of magic was blasted at them. There was a loud explosion and the Twins were thrown out of the castle.

”Ow… what happened?” Sapphire and Lyric got up and looked around. When they turned to the castle, there was a giant, smoldering hole in the side of the structure. Everypony in Ponyville was wondering what was going on. As they looked, Lyric could see that figure from before approaching the edge of the hole. The smoke cleared around it, revealing a human that looked to be eighteen. He had blood red hair that was spiked back, a blood red jacket with black stripes, and blood red jeans. He had a black undershirt, and black shoes as well. His eyes were blood red, and gleamed with rage and hate. He was probably one of the most intimidating things they had ever seen.

”W-Who, are you?” The mysterious person’s glare shifted to Lyric, causing him to flinch.

I, am Epidemic, and you’re going to tell me why you brought me here.

Sapphire stood up and glared at Epidemic. ”What are you talking about, we didn't bring you here. Our parents literally just left a minute ago, you are the one that's trespassing, so why are you here?” She demanded sternly. Lyric started getting a bad feeling and slipped by the two of them and back into the castle to move the eggs away from the approaching battle that his sister was sure to start.

You’re in no position to demand anything from me, answer my question or die.

Sapphire chuckled and readied her gun. ”Try me red boy.”

Epidemic rolled his eyes and blasted Sapphire with a large beam. “Now, where did that other one get off to?” As he was about to walk away a wave of blue energy rockets were shot out of the dust cloud that had been created from where Sapphire was standing.

The girl proceeded to keep the trigger held down, the energy rockets shooting out rapidly. Epidemic put up his arms to block the blasts but found himself flinching as each blast hit. ”I can tell this is gonna be a good fight.”

You really want to throw your life away little girl?

”Somethin you better remember pal, never, call me, little, girl!” Sapphire put the RYNO 2 away and pulled out a new weapon that she wore on her right hand.

Epidemic looked at the claw confused slightly before a stream of lightning shot out from the tips of the claw that shocked him. Sapphire continued holding down the trigger before stopping and charging forward with a different weapon in her left hand.

”I really need to thank daddy for giving me my own omniwrench.” She said as she knocked Epidemic over the head with it as he was paralysed by the lightning. Her strength surprised Epidemic as she was able to knock him to the other side of the hall at an impressive speed.

As Sapphire was about to fire another wave of lightning she was knocked back by Epidemic blasting her with a beam of magic that hit her stomach. As she recovered she received a punch to the face that knocked her through a wall.

”Ow…” Sapphire lifted herself up and knocked Epidemic away with her wrench as he charged her again, but then received a few blasts that knocked her backwards. ”Ok it started out fun but now it's just annoying.”

Then let me cure your boredom!” Sapphire didn't have time to react as Epidemic backhanded her into a wall and furiously blasted her.

As the dust settled Sapphire was stuck in the wall with only a few burns and her dress having a few tears. ”Aww, I like this dress…”

Hmm, she's stronger than I thought. Guess I should quit holding back and end her quickly.

Don’t kill her Epidemic!

Yeah! She has a family!

Ugh, fine. I won’t kill her, but that doesn’t mean she’ll get out of this still conscious. Epidemic looked up as Sapphire leaped at him with her Tesla claw. He dodged to the side, slightly surprising her, before he brought up his knee into her stomach. He then grabbed the back of her dress and threw her into another wall before he unleashed a huge blast of magic and fire on her. There was an explosion and Epidemic threw an arm in front of his face. Once the smoke cleared, he brought his arm down and saw Sapphire, pretty hurt but still conscious.

”You’re gonna hafta…” She spat out some blood before she continued, ”try harder than that.”

Kid, I recommend that you give up now. I’m not going to kill you, but that certainly doesn’t mean I won’t hurt you even more so. Give up now, or suffer the consequences.

”Why are you even here?”

You’re the one who summoned me, so you tell me.” Sapphire was about to tell him that they had done no such thing, but then out of nowhere a bullet of energy came straight at Epidemic. He raised his arm and blocked it without a second thought. He turned and glared at the one who had fired that shot. Sapphire did too, and she saw that it was a robot aiming it's arm cannon at Epidemic.

It had purple metal and its body was a block design. “Look I'm gonna have to recommend you stop hurting my niece, not because of what I'm gonna do but of what her father will do if he comes home to see her hurt, trust me, you won't survive that.” It spoke in a female voice, giving the impression of a tomboy.

”Auntie Krystal!” Sapphire exclaimed in joy.

“Sapphire, go find some Nanotech and go to your room for awhile and let me handle this, it's been years since I've had a good fight.” She fired her arm cannon again and it shot a wide blast of energy, almost like a shotgun. Sapphire nodded and began running through the hole in the castle and down the hallway. Epidemic had dodged the shot that had been fired at him and he glared at his new opponent.

So, this is your world.

“It’s not just mine buddy, and if you don’t back down now I‘ll call in the others.” She fired another shot which hit Epidemic.

Pathetic.” Suddenly, Epidemic appeared behind Krystal and she was knocked sideways. “Hmm… you seem to be weaker than that child.

Krystal got up and fired more shots at Epidemic, which he continuously dodged. Epidemic then charged her and kneed her where her stomach would have been if she was organic.

And I think I know why.” He then kicked her, sending her flying into a wall.”She’s a Nightmare, or at least she used to be. Her attacks are stronger, her instincts make her a natural born fighter, and she can endure more...that, and something else I can't put my finger on.

Epidemic charged at Krystal again, then pressed her into the earth with his foot.

So in all reality, it should be her protecting you.” Krystal knocked Epidemic off of her before turning and getting a shot point blank. Epidemic was thrown back a bit before he recovered. His glare hardened before he outstretched his arm. “Hmm, but you are still strong. I suppose I will have to end you quickly as well.

A blood red scythe formed in Epidemic’s hands and he spun it around. He then dove at Krystal, but she dodged before she switched her weapon and began firing it at him.

She began to rapidly shoot fireballs out of the pistol that started causing some serious damage. As Epidemic rolled out of the way and charged Krystal, he was shot by a powerful shot of energy that knocked him off the ground. Krystal looked to her left and saw another robot standing there. It had yellow metal, a slimmer design and its arm cannon was longer. “I was handling it Katie.”

“Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you didn't end up like scrap just yet.” The robot spoke in a relaxed female voice. “Wanna tell me why there's a gender swap of Ruby attacking this place?”

“I don't know, but I say we put him down before anything happens to Nathan's kids, God only knows what he'll do if that happens.” Krystal replied as she began shooting Epidemic with both her cannon and her gun, with Krystal using her sniper cannon to deal heavy blows to him.

After the barrage ended a smoke cloud had built up. As the smoke cleared, Katie and Krystal could only look in shock to see that Epidemic had taken little damage.

Pathetic.” He then dove at the two and swung his scythe, knocking them both into a nearby building. They both recovered and began unleashing their weapons on him, trying to land as many hits as possible. However, it seemed to be that Epidemic was done messing around, and now was fighting with the intent to kill. He dodge most of the shots, though a few still hit him, before he returned fire with his own blast of magic, forcing the two female robots to run for cover.

“Who is this guy?” Krystal looked at her companion and shrugged.

“No idea, but we better find a way to take him out, fast.” As Epidemic prepared another blast of magic he was interrupted by gunfire from the side. He turned and saw Sapphire coming back into the battle with the RYNO 2. Epidemic turned and focused his attention on her, giving Krystal and Katie a quick breather before Krystal tapped a button on her arm, and called Nathan.

“Nathan?!”

“Huh? Krystal? What’s up? And why do you sound panicky?”

“There’s some sort of displaced here! We don’t know what happened, but when I got here he and Sapphire were going at it before I rushed in to stop him. Katie then came in too and we were able to buy Sapphire enough time to heal up and get back into the battle. He’s really powerful and is causing a lot of destruction! We need your help!”

“Wait, you’re letting Sapphire fight him?”

“She’s doing it on her own, and this guy seems to let up when he’s going against her. With Katie and I it’s clear he doesn’t care whether he kills us or not but with Sapphire it seems like he’s trying to make sure he doesn’t kill her.”

“...”

“Nathan?” Krystal asked in a cautious voice.

“Did you just say…a displaced, is fighting my daughter?” He asked with a dark tone.

“Oh crap! I forgot about what happened with the last one! Never mind! I'm sure if we get Ruby we can take him down!”

“No Krystal, I'm handling this myself, I'm not having a repeat of the Jack of Blades incident, especially now that I have kids in this world. Clear out of the castle, protect the eggs and twins, but keep the displaced in the castle until I get there.”

“Wait!” Nathan stayed on the channel while waiting for her to continue.”Get Thane and Zane if you can. We’ll need their help too!” Krystal could hear Nathan pause before he continued.

“Alright fine, I’ll get them...but don't get your hopes up on Thane though, he's still not talking to me.” Nathan then hung up and Katie and Krystal turned their attention back to the battle. Sapphire was currently attacking with her Tesla claw, with Epidemic countering it with his scythe. The battle was a bit one sided, as Epidemic clearly had more experience in combat. He was slightly annoyed at the fact he couldn’t just finish the little girl off, but he made sure she would survive.

You know, I could drain her of her strength and finish this battle quickly.

No way Psychotic. This kid is pretty young, probably younger than the Twins. If you drain her, you could cause some permanent damage to her. I don’t care if she’s the enemy, I’m not gonna let you cripple a child.

You’re no fun. Epidemic just ignored their conversation. He didn’t really care if this kid’s leg got broken in this fight, but obviously the Twins wouldn’t be too particularly happy if he or any of the fusions crippled her so he knew he had to deal with this himself.

Sapphire was doing a lot better off this time around, but that doesn’t mean she was winning. She was able to endure more hits, and was landing more attacks on Epidemic as well. It was probably her Nightmare natural instincts allowing her to adapt to her opponent to an extent. She swung her Tesla claw at him and Epidemic dodged it. He then swung his scythe but Sapphire blocked it with her claw. As their weapons clashed, Epidemic noticed her weapons had gotten a bit darker too, and were doing a little more damage. Epidemic could only assume that Sapphire’s instincts were causing her to subconsciously increase her weapon’s power by adding her own Nightmare energy into it. This battle was bringing out her combat instincts, that was for sure. How powerful she could get from this was anyone’s guess.

I’ll admit kid, you're a powerful adversary, but you aren't the kind of challenge I'm looking for.” Epidemic grabbed Sapphire by the throat and slammed her against the wall.

”Then why don't you fight someone who can give you a real challenge?!”. A voice shouted from the other end of the hallway. Epidemic growled in annoyance and turned to the new arrival...but stopped as he saw her. She had ruby red hair that was tied into a ponytail, she wore a red hoodie and red jeans with sneakers. Her eyes seemed to shine like rubies, much like Sapphires gleamed like sapphire gems. For some reason, Epidemic couldn't stop looking at her, she looked around eighteen.

Uh...you alright there Epidemic?’ Psychotic asked in Epidemics head.

The girl looked to Krystal, Katie and Sapphire. ”You three get out of here and get the eggs some place safe, I'll hold him off until dad arrives.”

As Sapphire was about to run past the girl she looked up at her with confidence. ”Kick his ass sis.”

The girl smirked and turned her attention back to Epidemic who was just staring, a blank look on his face. ”Alright handsome, you gonna stare at me until the rest of the family get here or are you gonna fight me? Because with what I've been told about you from my teacher I expect you to be a challenge.”

Epidemic shook himself back to reality and took a fighting stance. “And who would this teacher of yours be exactly, and what is your name?” He asked in monotone.

The girl smirked before taking a fighting stance that Epidemic recognised from somewhere. She had turned her body to the left slightly, bent one leg that she had put forward and had one hand on the ground while the other was clenched in a fist. ”The name's Ruby Phoenix, eldest daughter to Nathan Phoenix. As for my teacher, I think you'll find out during our little session here.”

With a grunt, Epidemic dove at Ruby and swung his scythe. Ruby however, blocked it with an omni wrench. They started swinging at each other, neither one able to overpower the other. Epidemic dodged one of Ruby’s swings and blasted her with magic, sending her flying back. She recovered and charged, slamming her omni wrench into Epidemic’s scythe. He pushed her back and fired another blast of magic. Ruby however, was ready for it this time. She dodged the strike and pulled out a gun, then proceeded to fire at Epidemic. He closed the distance and struck her with his scythe, cutting her across the chest. She was sent flying back and into a wall.

Is that really the best you can do?” Ruby smirked as she detached herself from the wall.

”Damn, my teacher told me you were good, but he didn’t say you were this good. Guess I’ll have to crank it up a notch.” Suddenly, Epidemic could feel an increase of energy in Ruby, causing him to take a step back.

Soon her body became outlined in red flames, her eyes glowing as she smiled at the natural feeling of power flowing through her veins. She held her hand out and shot three spears of red fire at Epidemic who recovered from his shock in time to avoid the attack. “Wait a minute...

”Still not remembering this power fully? Ok then, maybe this will help.” She blasted him a few times before joining her hands and closing her eyes. ”Mode three, level one.”

Epidemics eyes widened at the phrase she spoke as her body changed, her hair became dark grey as did her clothes. Her fingers shaped to claws and her eyes had dark grey mist coming from the corners of them. “What?! How?! Why?!” Epidemic growled in rage and clenched in anger, causing the crystal floor below him to crack as his power rose with his anger. “HOW DO YOU HAVE THIS POWER!?!?

Ruby smirked in her new form and spoke with an echoed voice. ”Well I guess I'll tell you.” She held out her hands and two dark grey fire blades appeared in them. ”I am the personal apprentice of the hero of the multiverse, Symbol Shattered, or in this case...Perfect Symbol.”

What do you mean?!

”Here's a news flash for ya handsome, I'm from the future.”

Author's Note:

Dun dun dun!!!!!! That's right! Pyra and I are writing a slew of new chapters before the wedding. Gotta take care of some unfinished business you know. Anyways, this battle will be a part of a story arch, which we are calling, THE TWINS. This is only the begging of a three chapter long arch, which will be filled with nothing but insane combat goodness. Trust me, things'll heat up by part two, and will only get hotter by part three. Hope you enjoy!

This story is a crossover with my friend and practically co-writer at this point, PyraFlare and his story, Phoenix Equestria. We had to get this story officially part of the nightmare verse somehow.

PreviousChapters Next