• Published 18th May 2012
  • 740 Views, 4 Comments

Cutie Marks have disappeared - Vector_Monster



Trixie has returned to Ponyville, apparently a changed pony. Twilight is not convinced.

  • ...
 4
 740

Something is missing

Chapter 2

Something is missing

When they finally got to the library Spike jumped off from Twilight’s back and started to run towards the bookshelves and started his search.

- Okay so let’s see... Magic is friendship? No... How to make artificially babies? Definitely not that one... Aha... The Legends of Forgotten Unicorn Magic.

- Spike, aren’t you supposed to keep order in here? I mean it’s very difficult to find anything when all books are in random places.

- Oh yeah, but you are always the one who misplaces the books after reading them.
Twilight sighed to herself and came closer to the book Spike had found. She took the book from spikes hands, and began to browse the book from page to page.

- Aha! Looks like it’s some sort of very old evil powerful magic that has caused all this.

- Can you reverse it Twilight?

- Hmm… The book says it can do much more than just change apples to dead black. It can cause more chaos? This magical spell has a connection so that the good spells would work.

- So this is some sort of a side effect?

- Not exactly Spike. According to this book, you have to do something bad that allows the good magic to be used.

- Do you think Trixie has something to do with this?

- It’s lightly possible, but we need to gather more information before jumping to any conclusions.

- Right... So are you now finally starting to collect information about how to stop apples from
dying before we have Dead Apple Acres instead? We don’t have much time.

- Yes… you are absolutely right.

After Twilight had read the pages she was stunned that the book didn’t have any information about reversing the spell.
Then she found something she didn’t notice the first time. One page was missing.

- Spike? Here is a page missing. It looks like someone has torn the page away from this book. Did something
happen that could have caused this?

Spike suddenly remembered something and became nervous.

- Well… now that I think about it…. when I was checking the books the other day, Rainbow Dash came and pulled another one of her pranks. I was holding a book wide open and accidently blew fire on one of the pages. Sorry….

Solemnly Twilight answered

- *sigh* Perfect… What else could go wrong now? Wait…. That’s it. We just write a letter to the princess. She must have gotten the page when you accidently sent it away. Spike, write a letter please.

- Sure thing Twilight.

Dear Princess Celestia!
Have you received any book pages lately from Spike? We have a big problem here in Ponyville. Apples are turning dead black in Apple Acres and we need to find a spell to fix this. We think that missing page would have some answers. We hope you answer as quickly as possible.
Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle

PS: Do you know anything about a book company named: Black hoof Press Brothers?

- You can send it Spike, now we just have to wait for her to answer.

- Yeah, like forever. I’m hungry Twilight.

- Ah Spike, we have plenty of food here. Just take a look at the fridge.

- Yeah, But there are no apples.

Spike said sadly, while he slowly was walking away. Twilight just laughed at that sentence but changed to serious expression very fast and started to walk around impatiently. Meanwhile Spike took a bite of a banana and mumbled something for himself.

It did not take long time before Princess Celestia’s letter arrived. Twilight ran to Spike and immediately started to read.

Dear faithful student! I have not received any missing pages.
You should probably take better care of your library books.

Greetings from Princess Celestia

- BETTER CARE? Doesn’t she trust me anymore? And it’s your fault not mine.

- That’s strange. If Princess Celestia doesn’t know anything about the page, where could it be then?

- Hmm…. so what are we missing? There must be something we can do… Let’s go back to Apple Acres.

The duo immediately went off to start the plan.

***

Rainbow Dash came to see Apple Jack in the late afternoon.

- Hi Apple Jack! what’s up?

Rainbow Dash looked at one of the apple trees and curiously tasted one of the apples with her teeth. She immediately spitted out and looked at Aj with a little angry face.

- What the hay? Heh… did you forget to buck the apples in time or what? They really taste worse than rainbows.

- No Rainbow, They’re all just like this.

- Okay? Well… is there any other ways than just buck them all? I mean… Have you asked Twilight for help?
Maybe she knows spells or two to fix this?

- Yeah... She’s at the library and trying to read her books about this magical issue. ugh… this is
really getting to my nerves now.

- Okay... Let me handle this. I think this Pegasus knows what to do here.

- Oh Really?

- Yeah… I’m going to use my super duper awesome tornado powers. And then, all the apples are
gonna fall like so fast.

- Come on ya… show then what ya go for.

Rainbow dash took her position, stretched out her wings and took a little spin on the air in front of one of the trees, but then something strange happened. She could not make her flying skills powerful enough to make a drying tornado that would blow the wind hard right through the apple leaves.

- What in Equestria? I can’t use my wings?

Apple Jack started to laugh at Rainbow Dash.

- Ya forgot to practice all right.

- No, I mean… this feels kind of… different. I have never felt like this before?

- Except that time when we were at that Discord’s complex trap yards?

- Yeah… but this is much worse. I can’t do my tricks again.

Right when Rainbow Dash had talked her sentence, every apple at the apple acres was blacked out. They could smell and even hear the buzzing magical forces going through every apple nearby.

- Oh no! And now all the apples are lost.


- Looks like some pony is using her worthless time to save deadly apples.

Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash turned their head back and saw a stallion they never seen before. He was a green pony with a purple white striped tail and mane. He was wearing brown hugely round glasses.

- Who the hay are you?

Asked Rainbow Dash very irritated.
. Oh sorry, did I forget to introduce myself? My name is Mr. Green Hoof. Don’t ask me where I got my silly name.

- Mr. what now?

- Mr. Green hoof please. Don’t make fun of me. I can’t tolerate the word FUN in the dictionary.

- So Mr. umm… Green hoof? What’s your business?

- Oh! You are actually asking me this? Well… Certainly I’m not going to tell you about myself. But if you
really want to know me… Why don’t you ask Ms. Trixie?


- Trixie? You mean the powerless Trixie?

- Powerless? Oh no she is not powerless. she is very powerful. And you know what? I could
make you suffer in pain, just with one single spell. That’s right I’m going to send you to my dungeons.

- Now listen you tough guy, go play around with some other pony with your own size. We are not scared of you.

- Well. Do you want to find out what I’m capable of?

- Really funny.

Before anything could really start to happen, Twilight Sparkle came running with full speed to Apple Jack. She had a very worried look.

- Listen Apple Jack, I think I know now how to reverse the spell… What? Wait who is that green pony over there?

- Well is it Twilight Sparkle? In that case I will spare you and your friends for now. But be aware... I’m not finished with you.

After that, he immediately used his magic to teleport himself out of sight. Rainbow dash had his angry mode on, and she was really pissed off about that green pony. He took some desperate nervous hoof steps and looked like she would attack any pony who would dare to step her/his hoof in front of her. Apple Jack said some words to calm down the Pegasus while Twilight tried to ask as many questions as she could. Who was this green pony? What did he mean about sparing them when Twilight came back? What was his connection with Trixie?


- We don’t know Twily. He’s name was something green… was it Green Hoof?

- Green Hoof?

- Yeah... That green mud has no chance against me. What does he think he is?

- Calm down ya. Now what do we do with all the apples?

- We need to gather all ponies and have them bring Trixie’s magic books. Trixie may be connected to all of this,
so we may have to dispose of the books and track down this Black Hoof Press Brothers company.

- But how? There are maybe hundreds of ponies, reading that book right now? And they may not give their
books away so easily.


- Well, we just have to try no matter how difficult it may end up being.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment