• Published 10th May 2015
  • 10,362 Views, 631 Comments

Walking the plains of Equestria... As a Spartan? - Brother Uriel



Going to a con is fun... But when you get transported to Equestria as your costume and end up in a desert with little food and water... It ain't fun anymore... At least I got Sparten Pathfinder armor on with a cloak like the one the Chief used...

  • ...
83
 631
 10,362

Chapter 1, I ain't on Earth anymore, am I?

Pain, that's all I feel right now, pain. I really shouldn't have bought from that Resident Evil 4 Merchant. The thing I bought was a case with a fake A.I. Chip in it. Next thing I know, I'm seeing Rainbows and then sand. And I wish I could move but the pains just to much. I feel as if I just went through a meat grinder... Then I was cooked... Oh man, now I made myself hungry... Shit... Well I might as well lay here for another few minutes. It's not like I'm going anywhere.

-20 minutes later-

Aaaaaaand I'm still laying here... In the sand... And not on a floor... There goes hoping this was a dream. The pains kinda subsided to only a dull throb now, so now I think I can move.

I lift my head up to see its night, I then notice that I can see through my helmet completely fine, which shouldn't be the case. I should be looking and seeing everything in orange or 'solar' as that's what the visor color is. And I know I still have the helmet on because I can feel it, but somethings off, I can breathe clearly. And usually with this thing on, I can't breathe as well as you would without it on. And the air seems... Cleaner? Now that's weird, I should at least taste the air but I can't.

I lift myself to my knees and start crouching on one knee, I look around to only see sand, desert sand. Fuck me I'm in a desert. I look to see my cloak still on me, and my armor. But now it looks... Metal? Da faq?! This stuff was foam at the con! So wherever I am... It made the stuff I'm wearing real... That's both cool, and scary. Maybe my guns are real too? I reach to my back and feel the DMR , I grab the grip and bring it forward. And as I do that I hear a click as it detaches from my back. I bring it to my face to see that it's metal too. Oh hell yes I'm starting to like this... Except for the pain. Which is slowly going away, very slowly... I still feel like I was kicked in my manhood about five times. But I'm ignoring the pain... For now.

I get to my feet and wobble a bit but I keep my balance, I look around again and see nothing but sand. I look down at the DMR in my hands and feel a bit safer knowing I have it, I look around once more before trudging straight ahead into the unknown. Hopefully I'll find a town or something. I pull the brown hood over my helmeted head and continue walking.

-An hour later-

So I figured out my arsenal, I've got the Halo 4 magnum, the Halo 4 DMR, Emile's knife from Halo Reach, a satchel with a water bottle, two chocolate bars, and three pencils for my sketchbook, and also that A.I. Chip from the Merchant. I have seven clips for the DMR and five for the magnum. I had to have fake clips to make the whole costume look more authentic.

I look down at the A.I. chip, it started glowing when I put it in my hand. It kinda looks like Cortana's A.I. I think to myself for a minute before deciding to put it in my helmet. What do I have to lose?

But then I feel cold. And you see, the sun just came up and I can tell it's obviously hot, but after putting the A.I. chip in. I feel like someone poured a bucket of ice water on my head, it's that fucking cold! Then orange flares around me and I see a HUD appear on the screen of my helmet. A shield bar fills up at the top and a motion tracker also appears at the bottom left, and a ammo count for my gun appears. And I won't lie... A nearly shit myself when this all happened, then I hear a female voice that's soft and kinda dull.

"All systems online and operational, Shields at full, Motion Tracker picking up no movement." She says, which kinda surprised me by how quick this was all happening. "Vital signs normal, nothing posing a threat is detected." Ok now I gotta respond to all of this before she goes on about where I am, which could help, but I'd rather know who I just put in my head.

"Alright hey you and I need to talk." Ok more da faq! My voice has changed! It sounds a bit older and more stoic, like a soldier. I was a sixteen year old guy before this!

"Yes? What is it you need?" She askes. I shake my head and continue, ignoring the change in my voice.

"Ok first who the hell are you? Second where the fuck are we and how did we get here?" I ask, she's silent for a minute before speaking.

"My name is Serenity, I am your personal Artificial Intelligence or A.I. for short. And we are currently in a desert." She states matter of factly. I sigh, perfect... I now have my own A.I. and I can tell she'll turn out to be just like Cortana.

"Alright, I knew the desert part. But I meant what planet?"

She's silent again before answering "Unknown" does she sound... Depressed? No, it's gotta be my imagination.

"Alright" I say before continuing on my way to the unknown world we have now found are selves on.

"What is are current course?" She asks, which to I sigh.

"We have no current course, we're just walking to see if we can find a town" I respond. She's silent for a few minutes before asking

"Are you wishing to find civilization?" I slap my helmeted face.

"Nooooooo! Where trying to get to the moon!" I say sarcastically.

"Sarcasm can be withheld thank you very much!" She snaps. Oh, she's snippy is she? Well, that'll be fun to poke at later. But for now, we continue in silence. Which lasted about twenty minutes before she gives me a heads up saying there is a cluster of life forms to the left, which I turn to look to see a town.

"Well... How convenient..." I say as I change my direction to the town. As I walk into the town I look around to see the houses are falling apart like the ones from old western times. As I continue, I begin to see... Nobody, this place is a ghost town... "Serenity, are you sure this place is inhabited?" I ask.

"Indeed, but they seem to be hiding from something." Well fuck... That may be me or- then I hear the click.

"Put your hands were I can see 'em!" I slowly turn to a Minotaur about seven feet tall with a crossbow pointed at me. He looked like he was pure muscle and he had two swords on his back, I know I don't wanna fight him in hand to hand combat.

"I ain't gonna say it again, put them there hands of yours in the air and give me all your valuables!" I look to see he had a large satchel slung across his shoulder, and a glint of hold coming from it. And I guess he got pretty impatient, and pissed I didn't respond. "Fine! Your funeral!" He fires his crossbow at me and the bolt flys and hits me in the chest which pings off the shield, I don't even flinch for some reason. Because I know I would have shit myself by now, but then my voice starts talking when I didn't mean to say anything.

"My turn." I say as I pull out my magnum and fire a round through his head.

He falls backwards with a thump, I hear the wind in the silence as I hold my magnum in front of me. My arm drops to my side and I start to approach the dead Minotaur on the ground, I look to his satchel to see gold coins had fallen out of it. A lot! Of gold coins, then I hear a door open. I turn to my right to see a horse with its head sticking out of the door. I take a double take and see a pony from MLP leave the house looking at me with wide eyes. He was a brown stallion with a red mane and tail, he looks a bit skinny, and his cutie mark is a hammer hitting an anvil. He takes a few tentative steps off his porch, as if seeing my reaction which is obviously hidden by my cloaks hood and my helmet which is also hidden by my hood. I hear another door open, and I turn to look to my left to see a unicorn mare coming out of the house, she's a light tan unicorn with a brown mane and tail. Her cutie mark was two sticks together with fire coming off of them. Then the sounds of more doors opening and closing is heard and I look at my motion tracker to see a bunch of yellow dots coming from behind me, I turn to see a crowd of ponies behind me, all looking at me with wide eyes and open mouths. I stood close to about five something back on earth and now I can tell I'm taller, maybe six something... I was never good with knowing how tall I am, but they all look about four feet tall maybe five... I suck at knowing heights. But I looked at their eyes to see that they were staring at me in awe and some with fear. And Then I figured it out, I look at the Minotaur and back the ponies to see most were skinny and hollowed cheeked. I could see ribs and other bones jutting out, I just killed a Minotaur who was harassing this town and taken there money... And then that's when I knew... That I was gonna be here for awhile.

Author's Note:

First chapter! Whoooooo! Oh man this was pretty interesting to write on my part, heh, well I hope you all enjoyed this and a new chapter may come out tomorrow or next week somewhere... Maybe if I can get passed school with good grades! Let's hope I can!