• Published 10th May 2015
  • 10,322 Views, 631 Comments

Walking the plains of Equestria... As a Spartan? - Brother Uriel



Going to a con is fun... But when you get transported to Equestria as your costume and end up in a desert with little food and water... It ain't fun anymore... At least I got Sparten Pathfinder armor on with a cloak like the one the Chief used...

  • ...
83
 631
 10,322

Chapter 6, Future plans

So... Here I am... Standing in the weapons armory, I lift my hand to look at the vial with Acid Touch inside of it, she moves a bit as I look at her.

"Alright... So, if I remember that one spider-man movie... And what Lee says... She really needs a host to live, and she needs to come into contact with skin so I can host her..."

"Do you really think you can trust what he says?"

I sigh and shake my head "Serenity, he seemed to be a cool guy, and he helped me quite a bit, so, yeah, I think we can trust him."

"But we don't know what the thing in that vial will do!"

"Serenity, stop being paranoid, that's my job, second, what's the worst that could happen? We're in a land of colorful talking ponies that are out for my blood... Anything that can give me an edge on them is good for us." I wait for her response.

She's silent before sighing in defeat, "Fine, but if this thing turns out to be a flesh eating monster, it's you're problem." I roll my eyes at that, I look around until I spot a chair nearby, I walk over and sit down, I take off my helmet and look at the vial.

I watch the baby Symbiote move inside of it, and I sigh.

"Well... Let's get this over with." I open the vial and watch Acid as she remains still before slithering out on my hand. I look at her as she lays there as a small blob in my hand, I sigh again before lifting my hand to my neck, I pull back the spandex covering my neck.

And I feel her weight on my hand ease until I feel her slither on my neck, I shiver at the feeling of her settling on my neck, and after a few seconds I feel her still, I let the spandex ease over her and after another few seconds, I feel my mind shift a bit, as if something is settling into it, and just as quick as it started, it stops. I shake my head a bit before grabbing my helmet and putting it back on, I crack my neck and stand back up, setting the vial onto a table.

"Alright, now that's she's settled in, what's next to do Serenity?"

I here her sigh, god she does that a lot, and she responds, "We might want to try and wake up the equine and see what she knows."

"Alright, let's get to it then!" I walk over to the unconscious mare and look her over, she has a large bruise on her cheek from where I slapt her, but other than that, she's alright, I open one of her eyes and look at it, they were blood red with black slits, I let her eye close, and I turn her head from side to side, until I let her go.

"Well... Not sure what to do... She's completely fine, but I have no-" that's when I got an idea, I pull out my magnum and fire off a round at the ground, the sound echoes through the room and the mares head immediately bolts up, looking left and right until looking at me, her pupils go to the size of pinpricks, and she remains completely still.

I sigh at that and shake my head before putting my magnum back to my side, I then look up at her.

"Ma'am, I just need you to answer a few questions, and you're free to leave.

She just stares at me with wide eyes and I just shake my head again.

"Are... Are telling the truth?" I look up at her as she says that, I can hear the fear in her voice, and she's trembling slightly.

"Of course I am! I wouldn't do anything to hurt you." She rubs her cheek as I said that, and I grimace slightly.

"Well... O-ok what do you want to ask me?"

"Just a few things, first, what do you remember?"

She sits there for a minute before answering.

"I just remember leaving my house this morning, then, nothing..."

"Alright, second question, do you know this place?" I gesture to the room.

She sits there, looking around for a minute before shaking her head.

"Alright, my final question... What do you think when you think of the words peace... And salvation?"

"That's not a logical question Kent." Says the one who knows nothing of Halo.

I shake my head at Serenity, but I look back up at the mare to see her sitting there thinking, a look of concentration on her face, her muzzle is scrunched up, and her eyes are narrowed, in all honesty, it's fucking adorable.

But then she looks off into space, and she says something that makes me recoil in surprise.


"Through rock and metal and time,
It has listened.
Deathly silent, it is waiting,
Deep in its artificial grave.

They have arrived.

With accurate, deadly skill,
Two warriors,
Nerve and steel, flesh and faith.
One has its mind concluded, one is the more deluded.

For different causes.

Mechanically human,
Doing what must be done,
To save a faultering species
The Master Chief.

An honourable elite,
Following prophets' lies,
To continue the Great Journey
The Arbiter.

They become brothers.

Struggling on a halo,
An ancient Forerunner ring,
To save all sentient life,
From the Gravemind."

She sits there, deathly silent, and I watch and wait for her next words, only for her to shake her head, and give me a sheepish smile. "Um... What was the question again? I think I spaced off."

But she looks at me with a cocked head, "Um... Hello? Did I... Say something wrong?" I just look at her, eyes wide under my helmet.

"You said something... That... That no one here should even know... Unless... He gave you some memories..." I step back and collapse on a chair, my head in my hands. "How... Just... How?..."

She looks at me, a bit uneasily. "Um... I'm sorry if I offended you, but... Can I go now?"

I look at her, then it hits me... I jump up, startling the mare, and I run to a terminal, I take Serenity out and place her into it.

"Serenity, I need you to look at logs, personal logs, anything, I need something about allies, or something on what they used those cells for!"

Her hologram appears, and it's the first time I've seen her, she has a young looking face with long pale hair, with jeans, and a hoodie on, she looks at me with a annoyed look.

"No please?"

I smack the front of my helmet before looking at her again. "Not now! I need to know what they were gonna do with that much armor and weapons! It looks like they were making an army, but there were no more humans!"

She looks at me, confused now, "What are you trying to say?"

I sigh and shake my head, "This is a HUGE facility! And they must have an A.I. or a few, so they needed to repurpose the armor, the A.I.'s would make them fit a different species by working on the armor and weapons, and telling by all of this here... I wouldn't go against them having the ability to make more Spartans from ponies, Griffins, Minotaurs, anything, and if they weren't able to do anything, then they must have had the ideas to do this, and if you can get deep enough, maybe we could find out for sure if they have the means of making more Spartans or not, and if they do, then they have the things to train them, and the thing they used to change them, we could have allies almost like us, ready to fight by are side, in case anything like the flood happens again!"

After a few seconds, Serenity disappears, before reappearing instantly. "It seems they do."

I just look at her, "Wait... That fast?"

"Times slower for A.I.'s you idiot."

I sigh but look at her, but I see her flicker red for a split second, but I ignore it for now.

"So, we better start! If I remember, we can make Spartan lll's only, Spartan ll's take too long."

She nods her head, "Yes, but it still takes time with Spartan lll's as well... And we need to train children! How will we find any that we don't need to steal?!"

"I'll think of a way" I look at her before walking away, I motion the mare to follow me, and she gets up as I head to the hatch leading to the outside, as we reach it, and we get out, I look off to the forest before looking back at her.

"Look, I need you're help miss..."

"Eclipse"

Thank you Discord! "Eclipse, I know I shouldn't ask you this, but you may have now become part if something big... Very big... And I need you to help me get to Canterlot."

She looks at me with wide eyes, "How did I become apart of this?! And why do you need to get to Canterlot?!"

I sigh and look back to the forest, "Look, You can leave, but this is for the safety of Equestria, actually, the entire planet to be exact, and you became apart if this because of a being who may return... Took control of you, he must have left you because he would be talking by now, but he's not, and I need to get to Canterlot because I need to get recruits for a... Program, and the recruits need to be children, and Canterlot is a big place, and obviously, there are orphans, we could recruit them... I need your help getting them... I promise you won't get too deep into this, and you can back out if you want."

I stand still, looking out, until I feel something bump my leg, and I look down to see Eclipse looking up at me with a glint in her eyes.

"Back out and miss the fun? Buck that, I'm in, I've always wanted to do something instead of my boring job all my life."

I look over at her flank to see a potion being mixed, I shrug then look at her again. "Alright... Wait, that quick? You trust me that easily?"

She looks at me and snorts, "You seem like the good type, not wanting to kill everyone like the princess says."

I smile under my helmet, and I look off towards the far off castle of Canterlot.

'Now this'll be fun now won't it?' I feel Acid shift as I spoke in my mind, and I give a content sigh, life is getting a bit better.

Author's Note:

Blah, more stuff to read! Sorry it ain't long, but this is all I could think of, so, please, give me some criticism if you'd like, and I'll try to improve, tell me what you think of the story and how it's progressing. And yes, it's is a tad bit rushed, but, I'm trying to get to good stuff before school starts, and then things will slow down... So, hope you all enjoyed, and I'll see you all! In the comments, bye bye!