• Published 10th May 2015
  • 10,322 Views, 631 Comments

Walking the plains of Equestria... As a Spartan? - Brother Uriel



Going to a con is fun... But when you get transported to Equestria as your costume and end up in a desert with little food and water... It ain't fun anymore... At least I got Sparten Pathfinder armor on with a cloak like the one the Chief used...

  • ...
83
 631
 10,322

Chapter 13, I may need a bigger gun next time...

I slept soundly... Which is both weird, and nice, until I open my eyes to see a bat clinging to my visor, it's face against it.

"HOLY FUCK!" My chair tips as I jolt and I fall back, flailing my arms, and I land flat on my back, and the bat flies away.

"Piece of shit bat..."

"Oh, good morning." Vapor cheerfully states as she walks by my door, uncaring about my outburst.

"Oi! You're not gonna help a downed Spartan?!" I slowly get up and crack my back
"Right now I am more focused on figuring out my new perception of life, I can't risk flying if I can't judge distance." she frowns as she gives her wings a couple of flaps.

"Hm... I wish I could help but... I have nothing that can."

She Comes over and tries to pat on my the shoulder but misses by a few feet before she starts growling and stomping her hooves, "I'll never get this right!" she yells as she sits down hard and bows her head in defeat.

I kneel down and put a hand on her shoulder. "You'll get the hang of it, don't worry."

"Your right, I just, I hope my sis is taking good care of my colt." she replies, sighing in defeat as she flops her tail back and forth like a dog.

"Hey, I'll get you back to him, don't worry." I put my hand behind her ear and scratch it.

As I do so her ears fold back and her jaw goes slack, her left hind leg begins tapping the ground as her tail goes primal.

I smile under my helmet, "You enjoying this?"

"Hehe, yes..." she stutters as her face turns crimson under her deep blue fur.

I just chuckle before stopping. "Feel better now?"

"A bit, but, um, lets not talk about the, um, scratchy ear again... Okay?" she replies, giving a confident smile before turning to find Luna wearing absolutely nothing of her normal royal adornments.

"Good morning Spartan, Miss Trail. Emily is down in the castles' kitchen cooking up something called bacon alongside pancakes which I believe have blueberries in them." she says with a soft smile.

"Bacon? The hell did she get the meat for that?"

"She apparently went out and killed a wild boar... It is our understanding that humans are omnivorous and require a high amount of protein from meat to maintain their strength, so we told her where to find it." Luna replies, though for the first time I noticed that her mane is light blue and droopy.

"Um... Alright, and are you feeling ok? Your mane is... Well... Not, well, wavy, like usual."

"Hmm, we suppose that we should tell you now." Luna looks away, a frown upon her face, "We are no longer a ruler of Equestria due to our aiding of you Spartan, though thou should know that you have been in the right from the start as we knew not of this parasite that threatened us so, even if our sister believes it a myth."

I look at her, before shrugging, "You win some you lose some... It's like a game of chess, we are all pawns, for the universe, it moves us like the way it wants, and it may favor some more then others, that's just life." I turn and start to where I think the kitchen is before stopping, "Also, your sister is a bitch."

"On that we can now agree with thee, for she is most definitely playing that of the fool." Luna replies as she begins following me, Vapor right next to her, "Also, if you have the time, perhaps we should play a game of chess Spartan."

"Okay, so what is this thing called bacon?" Vapor pipes up.

"Alright, Luna, your on, and next time, we can play DnD or Warhammer... Albeit, I'll need to find a way to get the figures, and Vapor, it's fried meat strips."

"Hmm, perhaps we could craft them, though you'll have to explain them to us." Luna began to smile as the scent of bacon filled the air.

"Ew, meat, you mean you eat meat?!" Vapor began wrinkling her nose all the while attempting to not walk down the stairs without falling.

"Nah... I'll find a way... And yes Vapor, we eat meat, and it's delicious too."

Luna nods as we come to the bottom of the stairs.

"Ahhhhh!" Vapor screams before Luna catches her in her magic.

"Perhaps we should aid thee in thou movements when stairs are involved." she says, considering that Vapor nearly had a fatal fall.

"That may be for the best..." After watching Luna help Vapor, I get an idea, a great idea!

"Hey Luna... Celestia still has that... Mirror still... Correct?" I ask, hoping beyond hope she does.

"Um, we believe so... Why?" she replies with a raise of her brow.

"Well... I got plans for it, and we'll leave it at that..." I say as I rub my hands together evilly.

"We can understand." Luna replies as she sets Vapor down.

"Ah, alright... Well, time for breakfast!" I run over to the kitchen to see Emily still cooking.

"Morning Emily."

"Morning Kent, help yourself to the bacon!" she replies cheerfully.

"You seem to be in a good mood... Considering you just lost your old life... And the ones you loved." I find a chair and make sure it's sturdy before sitting down.

"Didn't have anyone anyways." she replies, "Oh, and now that we're out of the immanent danger of the Flood, may I have my rifle back?"

I take it off of my back and lay it on the table, "There you go, I got enough weapons as it is, having a new one is great, but I literally have a base full of them."

I take off my helmet and grab a plate of bacon that's on the table and start eating.

She grabs it and slings it on her back before popping a slice of bacon into her mouth, "Warthog is so much better than pig."

I nod my head in agreement and swallow a piece, "Never really had Warthog bacon, it's pretty good."

"I still say ew, but these blue berry pancakes are great!" Vapor laughs as Luna looks over to her with a shaking head.

I just shake my head, until I look over to my helmet to see some blinking inside of it, I pick it up and put it on for Serenity to start talking.

"Motion sensors say we have contacts coming into the castle, seven of them, taking it slow by they're movement."

"Fuck!"

I look at Emily, "We've got seven contacts! Moving in, taking it slow, they must be investigating this place!"

She silently stands and motions for Luna to stay with Vapor before grabbing her Red Death pulse rifle, "Good to go."

I grab my magnum and nod before turning invisible and running to the entrance.

I get to the entrance and hide behind a pillar, and hear something that just makes me want to facepalm.

"Twilight, are you sure Celestia said Luna was here?"

I hear Rainbow Dashes question and I just sigh.

"Yes Rainbow, she said she was here, and she wanted us to talk to her."

Oh, they won't find her, I know that for sure.

"Plan?" Emily asks in a hushed tone as she holsters her rifle.

"Hm... I think I know a way to mess with them." I whisper back

"Why not get Luna and sort it out?" she replies.

"Where's the fun in that?" I ask as I put my magnum away.

"It's called making a good impression Kent... Just a question, how old are you?" she replies as she leans against a nearby wall and out of sight from the ponies.

"I'm sixteen... why?"

"Ever had a job?" she asks.

"Yes, I did for a time."

"You remember your interview then?"

"Well... It was more of, my dad took me to his work and made me work for a week outside doing anything the manger of his work thought needed done, and they liked me for my help and no complaints... And that's about it."

"Here is a hint, it's all about the first impressions. If they see you as sneaky, they will believe Celestia, but if you introduce yourself politely then you should stand a better chance of making them your friends."

"Or, or, I could pop up in front of them, and say, Hey Kids! Do you want to see a dead body?!"

She face palms, "I'm tempted to punch you for that..."

"What? They attacked me! Well, Twilight did if memory serves me right... I deserve payback!"

"Get payback later, for now we need friends."

"Fine" I cross my arms.

"Then how do you propose we do this?"

"Simple. we tell the truth, and when they don't listen we tie em up and take them to Luna." she says as her ghost changes her to a defender class.

"If they refuse... Can I scare them into submission?"

"Eh, sure." she replies as her ghost floats up to me, "Thank you for listening, you made me lose the bet!"

I only shrug, "Sorry mate, but I'm gonna have to say that her plan may be better then mine... For now." As I say that, I realize that the talking from the Elements stopped.

"Oh... That doesn't sound good... How good is a ponies hearing?"

"No idea..." she replies as the ghost checks the ponies.

"They have notated our location, but I do not believe that they know what we were speaking of... Shall I create a hologram of a pony and speak to them?" it replies.

"What the hay is that thing floating there?" I hear the damn Daredevil ask.

"I don't know Rainbow..." I hear Twilights response

"Maybe it knows something about that Vermont that's been running amuck?" I hear Applejack ask, and I sigh.

This is gonna be a long ass day... I can just tell...

"Greetings, there is no need for alarm." the ghost states as it flies up to the six equines.

"Who... And what, are you?" I hear Twilight ask, and I look at Emily and point at her, then me, then point out to the Elements, and hold up two fingers.

"I am a Ghost, an embodiment of the Travelers Light, and aid to its Guardians." he replies as he flies around the group.

"What?" she whispers back to me with a tilt of her head.

The elements look confused and Twilight asks, "Guardians?"

I smack my helmets visor and whisper, "We will both, move in while invisible, in two minutes."

"Good time to tell you I can't cloak?" she replies.

"Individuals charged with defending all life from the forces of darkness by using the Travelers Light in which is infused to them as a weapon." he replies nonchalantly.

I just sigh, "Better just walk out with my hands up now..."

They all look at him with confused looks, "Um... What?" Asks Rainbow

"A Guardian is a chosen individual to use the Traveler's power in the protection of their species upon the threat of attack from the forces of Darkness..." the Ghost tries to explain again, somewhat deflating when his first explanation shot over their heads.

"Wouldn't hurt to say hello, I mean, they haven't attacked my Ghost yet..." Emily comments to my side.

They all have blank looks before it dawns upon Twilight, "So, you help these Guardians protect another species?" She asks

"That's because they don't know what he really is, he could explain it, but they'd never fully understand, and they now think of him as nice, while they think they know me, but they don't."

"Well, technically I assist the Guardians in fighting the forces of Darkness not just for their different species, Human, Awoken, and Exo, but all others who are in danger from the Darkness." he replies.

"Perhaps he could explain it, or would you rather run and get Luna, or maybe we could step out and see how it goes? Worst comes to worst I set up my shield and one of us makes a break for Luna."

They look at the Ghost, and understanding dawns on they're faces.


I look at her, "Fuck it, time to Leeroy Jenkins this shit." I pull out my knife and slowly put it out to see the reflection of the Ghost and the elements, and I pull it back with a sigh, "I'm gonna regret this."

I turn invisible, and step out, before going over and standing by the Ghost, while still invisible, and I look up at him, to see if he knows I'm there.

It bobs slightly away from me to silently acknowledge my presence, "Other inquiries?"

I turn back to Emily to see her standing ready to rush in, but just out of sight of the ponies before looking back.

"Do you know of an armored bipedal creature? He has tricked are co ruler into helping him in some deeds to possibly destroy Equestria." Twilight asks and states, and the other five nod while I just shake my head and wait for the Ghosts response.

"You are mistaken, he has already saved your planet twice over." the Ghost replies as a hologram of me fighting the flood while Emily gives cover to Vapor Trail, though the hologram is life sized and scares the ponies, causing Fluttershy to bump into me. "Apologies if that frightened you, I am not used to working with beings that have weak stomachs."

She stops, and looks up, and I let my invisibility cloak turn off, and she immediately backs off more and bumps into Twilight, and she looks back and looks up at me with wide eyes.

And I only cross my arms, and look at the Ghost, "Better they see what we're facing now." I look back at them, and they're all staring at me now.

"W... What were those things?" Asks Twilight and I only shake my head

"Those things, are possibly as old as time itself, those things are a parasite upon the universe, they feed on any organic life forms, and do it, not caring what it is..." I walk up to the Ghost and look back at them.

"Your military is severely unprepared to fight those things, hell, most races are severely unprepared, your lucky I'm here to sort this mess out."

"Hey! We can take care of ourselves!" States Dash, and I only look at her.

"Sure... You can fight it... But you'll only die." Fluttershy tries her best to shrink and Applejack speaks next.

"So... Ya'll is saying... Is that, those critters are tough to beat?" And From that sentence, I start laughing.

"Beat!? Hell, those things are hard to kill!" Some of them get shocked looks, and Pinkies mane deflates.

"Can't we be friends with them?" Asks the Pink mare, and I only look at her

"No... You cannot be friends with them... They will kill you without hesitation... I know how to kill them easily and efficiently, so stay out of the way."

"But, we might be able to help!" I glare at Twilight and she backs up a bit

"No... You wouldn't... You'd be slaughtered in a minute..." I state, I then look back.

"You can come out Emily."

She comes out shaking her head, "Well that went well, now perhaps we should invite them in?" she asks before leaning in and whispering to me, "When they see what happened to Vapor Trail when fighting those things then maybe they'll listen to you and let ya deal with it your way."

"While friendship is universal between most species we can all accept that this isn't one such species, they almost make Reapers look tame... Almost." the ghost chimes.

"Since when did you learn about Mass Effect?" Emily asks.

"Since I don't sleep and your tablet was available and had a connection to the internet, though that is rather mysterious in itself..." he replies, though Emily immediatly pulls the black device out and looks at it.

"Damn, it does..."

"Pfff, you haven't seen Gravemind yet, now he, is quite terrifying, nearly pissed myself when I met him."

I look at the group of ponies, "Well, you came to see Luna, and if you still do, then follow me you fucking twats!" I then start walking, and Emily and the Ghost follow next to me, and after a few seconds, I hear the ponies follow.

"So" I look back at them, "Celestia sent you to hunt her sister down?"

Twilight only glares at me, "We came to talk to her, that's all."

"Pretty sure she's lying, and my bullshit meter agrees." and with what Serenity says, I start laughing.

"That Serenity, is a funny reference."

We continue our walk and then we end up back into the kitchen, and I see Vapor and Luna talking and they look at us as we all enter.

"We hath returned!"

"Hey... um what are they here for?" Vapor asks as she shies away into a dark corner to hide he eye patched face.

"So has our sister sent her student and her friends to stand in her place, truly?"

"Yes, she did, and Vapor, they're here for Luna, not you."

I go over and crouch next to her, "also, here's the thing, who cares about your scar, it shows you've been through battle, and survived with something to remind you that you are a warrior that stood with another who would not mind with you fighting next to them again... You fought and survived... That says more then some that fought while prepared."

"Th... Thanks." she replies as she comes into the light a little.

"What hast thou to say to thee Twilight Sparkle?" Luna inquires as she looks over the lavender pony.

Twilight clears her throat, "Well, Celestia wishes to know the real reason as to way you have joined the creatures side."

"You can call me Spartan you fucking prick." I respond to Twilight.

I get up to stand next to Luna, and Rainbow looks at Vapor, "What happened to your eye?" She asks, and Rarity looks at her as well.

"Yes Darling, what happened to your eye?"

"Well, it unfortunately got eaten... As I would have been completely if it had not been for the Spartan in which Princess Celestia seems to... um... Hate? Yes hate." Vapor replies.

"Tis simple young Princess, we wish to aid him in protecting our little ponies from these Flood creatures that are threatening our world." she replies as she looks over to me with determined eyes.

Rainbow and Rarity get looks of shock and Twilight looks at Luna

"And your sure this is not all but a lie? They could have easily have made that all up." Twilight says, to which I just sigh and shake my head.

"Tis true Twilight Sparkle, we were there when they came running out of the bunker carrying the wounded Vapor Trail, and they have been nothing but amiably kind to her." she replies giving the lavender alicorn a glare that would make Batman proud.

She backs up, but shakes her head, "And you have physical proof of what they were supposedly were fighting?"

"Twilight, have you looked at Mrs, Trail? She is wounded, not just physically, but mentally... She was there prior to them, her squad is dead, she survived because of them." Luna pauses for a moment to walk up to the other alicorn before looking down upon her, "You do not trust MY judgment?"

She looks up at Luna, "You are helping a creature that has hurt many others."

"Oh for fucks sake! I didn't do that! Those things were done by the other god damn Spartans!"

"Tell me Twilight Sparkle." Emily says from the back of the room, "Just because one dragon razed a town and killed everyone in it, does that mean that all dragons are bad?" Vapor Trail just nods from where she is standing, in support of Emily.

"I... Well... No, but you still have no real proof of what they were fighting."

I sigh before Serenity pipes up, "Contact, on the roof, it's looking down at us."

I look up and smile before looking at Twilight, "I got proof alright, and it's watching us now."

She gets a confused look, before looking up, and her eyes go wide as she sees a Flood tank through a crack, bash through the ceiling and drop down in front of us, and it raises its head, and looks at us, before looking at me.

"You are smarter then I previously thought... Which infuriates me." it speaks with a deep echoing voice, that of the Gravemind, and I just shake my head.

"I hadn't known what was there until thanks to my A.I. So you should thank her."

Serenity's hologram appears in front of me and she bows and looks up.

"You maybe old... But it's quite simple to get a scan of the entire facility once your put into it." she says, to which Gravemind growls.

Emily draws her rifle as Vapor rips her shotgun off her back, "Okay, little competition, who can kill the baddie the fastest?"

"Your on Emily!" Vapor replies, using her wings to prop herself up so she can pump her shotgun with her hooves.

I hold up my hand, "Ladies, let the time old beast talk."

"I have nothing left to talk to you about."

I look at it, "Oh, well then." I step forward and throw a punch right were the infection form is located, the tank groans as I grab the anything I can, and tear it out, pulling out a large chunk of its insides, and it to stumble back and fall onto its back.

"Well thou both have just lost thine bet to the Spartan." Luna chuckles before turning grim once again.

I look at the gunk from the tank form in my hand, and look at the ponies horrified looks, "You know, the flood have a beauty of they're own... It's not pretty, but it is a form of beauty."

I drop the tanks insides on the ground, and find a old rag and start to wipe my hand clean.

"Yeah, only you Kent, could call those things beautiful." Emily states as she crosses her arms.

"Oi! The Doctor says possibly the most ugliest of things are beautiful, also, I said they have a sort of beauty that many don't see... I can see it, but no one ever cares." I finish cleaning my hand and throw the rag to the side before looking at the ponies.

"Now, is that enough proof for you?" I ask, and they all nod.

"Good, now that we're all on the same page... Who would like to see a much nicer facility not full of flood or any other type of baddies, and just guns and cool shit? Any takers?"

"I'm down with that, though someone should go find Dave, lest he got there already..." Emily replies, as Luna and Vapor both nod, the latter putting her shotty away.

"Not a clue were he is, but we can track the hog." I look at the ponies.

"You all are allowed to come, but if you so much as try to do something stupid, you ass is fresh mown grass, got it?" They nod and I sigh.

"Serenity, where was the last known location of the hog?"

"About a hundred or so Clicks from here..." I sigh again.

"Hurray, we get to walk... Fantastic."

"Walk... Ghost do I have access to a sparrow?" Emily asks as she crosses her arms and looks at her ghost.

"We are not currently connected to the transit grid, so no..." he replies and Emily begins to sulk.

"Walking it is..."

"Fuuuuck!" I just start walking for the entrance

"If your coming, then follow!"

The ponies look at me, then follow me

After about... What, hours of walking, we finally see my hog, and I sigh.

"There it is... Beautiful sight to see..."

"But where is Dave?" the ghost asks.

"You know, I've been getting bad vibes from him since we got here... Equestria I mean." Emily says to no one and nopony in particular.

"Like what noble guardian?" Luna inquires.

"I can't place it." she responds.

"Well, with Gravemind breathing down our necks, I always feel like something bad will happen." I walk up to the Hog and peer into the drivers seat.

"Find anything?" Emily asks as she draws her Red Death.

"No... its got no signs of anything... its just empty."

"That's not like Dave." she replies as she kicks the dirt, "Where the Hell is he?"

"I don't know... Look around for any indication of where they went."

"Sir!" Vapor yells as she shakily walks back to the group, "I found bodies."

"What?!" Emily screams as she drops her rifle and rushes over.

I run after her, and we make it to the corpses of the ponies, which they all have bullet and knife wounds, and I shake my head as the elements get shocked looks.

"He really has no patience... Does he?" I ask Emily

"I'm going to kill him." she growls, punching her fists together allowing blue energy to crackle around them.

"You think your friend really did this?" Vapor asks.

"He is a Hunter class 'Guardian' and this is what they do best." she replies as she leans down and closes the eyes of one of the ponies as she utters a prayer, "I will kill him."

"Let me get into beating his ass, he deserves it." I pull out my magnum and cock it.

I look around, "See anything that could tell us where he went?"

"Vapor, remain here with the six, Luna you're welcome to come if you wish but I'd rather you not." Emily states as she leans down and inspects a few broken bushes and disturbed, "This way Kent."

I nod, and the Elements stay near the hog, and I look at its turret, and get a grin.

"Hold on, I need a better weapon."

I hop onto the hogs gunner seat, and grab the turret, and tear it off with ease and jump down with it in my hands.

"Now, I'm ready." I start walking through the broken bushes

"Remember, he is a Hunter, ability to cloak, bad ass sniper rifle that makes things explode, an electric knife, and the ability to teleport short distances." Emily states as she picks up her rifle and follows me, Luna following behind us with a glare at the dead bodies.

"You two may take your turn after I have mine." she states, her eyes aglow.

"Pfff, he may have big guns." I heft up my new gun.

"But I got a big scary gun that goes, Ratatatatatatat... Which it's still not enough DAKKA, but it's a small amount, that could do damage."

PEW, PEW.

The tree next to my head explodes and Luna projects a shield just in time to catch a round before it could shatter Emily's helmet, "As I said, big gun."

"Serenity, overshields" as I say that, my armor has golden sparks come from it, then wash over me like waves, and I come out of Luna's shield, and start firing in the direction of the rifle shots

"DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!" I yell as I continue pouring lead where the shots came from, and anywhere near it.

I see Emily from the corner of my vision jump into the air and engage her jump pack allowing her to move around his flank while Luna flies up into the sky and massive amounts of arcane energies.

I continue my relentless fore until after a minute, I stop and look around, "Did I hit that git with enuff dakka?!"

The retort of a burst rifle mixed with the crackling of electricity signal that I did not, but before I can re-engage a bright flash of light engulfs the two and they vanish, leaving only smoke and Dog Tag that read 'Emily Warrington' behind.

"What just occurred Spartan?" Luna asks as she lands next to me.

"I'm... Not entirely sure..." I walk over and pick up the dog tags, and look up.

"But I think we won't be seeing them for sometime."

"Personally we hope that Emily continues her assault upon the other human... We have come to like her, and you, but we cannot turn away from such an atrocity. Still we shall aid you Spartan. Though we know thy name, we wish for ye to give it to us prior to us using it." She replies as she calms herself and her eyes return to their normal teal.

"Mm... Nah, not just yet... Maybe I'll tell you my name when we get back to my base... Then I may tell you."

She bows her head in respect as we walk back to the others.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait... But, I'm lazy... Hope you enjoy the chapter...