• Published 10th May 2015
  • 10,323 Views, 631 Comments

Walking the plains of Equestria... As a Spartan? - Brother Uriel



Going to a con is fun... But when you get transported to Equestria as your costume and end up in a desert with little food and water... It ain't fun anymore... At least I got Sparten Pathfinder armor on with a cloak like the one the Chief used...

  • ...
83
 631
 10,323

Chapter 5, The Guardian Sentinel, and the "Last Infection Form"

So, after my quick pick up of weapons, I run down the hallways to catch up with the Bat-Pony.

"You do know that running like this will alert her that we're after her correct?"

"Serenity, please, shut the fuck up while I run."

She sighs before remaining quiet, I keep running until I stop at a locked door at the end of the hallway, I look through it to see a large open room with cover everywhere.

"Serenity, could you open the door?"

She sighs again, and after a few seconds, the door turns green and opens, I walk in with my assault rifle raised, I scan the area, seeing nothing, I lower my gun, I turn to look back to see the door shut, and locked itself.

"Um... Was it supposed to lock?" I ask

"Um... No, it wasn't.

That's when I heard the buzzing, or... Well... I really don't know how to explain what the sound was. I turn back around to see a giant sentinel, like one of the ones from Halo Wars, but a bit more... Armored, looking at me with its laser charging up.

"Oh shit!" I roll to cover as it fires it's beam at me, after a few seconds it stops and I poke out of cover and fire at it, the bullets only hit a massive shield, and it fires again, forcing me to duck back into cover.

"Damnit! How the hell am I going to kill that thing!"

I look at all my weapons but sigh, I got nothing that could take out its shields, I look down to see the necklace I found, I grab it and sigh. "No real choice... Hopefully he doesn't kill me when he gets here."

I grab it tightly, "Lee Connors! I summon you!"

A portal appears. Black and purple, with the sound of lightning. Black slime falls out and splats on the floor. It pulls itself together, and a black Spiderman wobbles to the right and slaps into the wall.

"Who summoned me!? And why!? I was sleeping!" He rubbed his head with his left hand.

I look at him, my eyes wide under my helmet.
"Um... That would be me... Sorry for the rude awakening, but, I kinda got a problem."
As I say that the giant sentinel fires at my cover again.

An exclamation mark appeared above Lee, who proceeded to use black webs that shot out of his wrists to pull its aim from me, to the guy I summoned. He laughed, "Jeez! What did you do to piss this piece of scrap off!?" He yelled as a Scythe appeared. "I'll ask who ya are later!"
The attacks passed right though him, and Lee jumped before too many hit through. He sent a barrage of web balls at the Sentinel.

The shields let the webs through, but they don't do much harm to the machine, it charges up and fires again.

"Hey! I just walked in, and it immediately started shooting! Not my fault!"
I run from cover, firing my assault rifle at it, only for the bullets to deflect harmlessly off the shields again.
"Fuck! Damn things tougher then I thought!"

Lee yelped. "Fudge! What is this thing!?" Lee used his web to move around the room, circling the Sentinel.

I fire at it again, before pulling out a grenade, arming it, and throwing it at the sentinel, it hits the shield and bounces off.
I pull out my DMR and aim at the grenade and fire, hitting it, it explodes and takes down its shields, to which I start firing from my assault rifle again.

"It's a huge mother bucking Sentinel! And it's pretty pissed!" I yell as it turns to me, firing it's laser.
I try to dodge but get hit in my side, my shields go down instantly and I run into cover as it fires again.

Lee jumps over to me. "Trust me! I need you to hold my hand and shield your mind!"

I look at him, and sigh
"Why the hell not, nothing to lose." I grab his hand after I say that. And I shield my mind.

His body slithers onto mine, and I see myself in a black and white Spartan suit. It feels stronger, and I'm holding a Scythe/gun in my hands.
I heard a voice in my head. 'Tear him apart... I've got a date to get back to.'

'I thought you were sleeping, you know what, never mind, let's fuck this guy up!'

I run out of cover as the sentinel fires again, it misses but keeps following us, I jump up and land on top of the sentinel, it starts spinning trying to get to us but I start firing at it, trying to get through the metal armor, after that fails, I cut into it with the sycthe. The sentinel stops moving and the part I stabbed starts to spark, my eyes widen under my helmet and I quickly jump off of it and run as it hits the ground exploding on impact, the force of it blows us off are feet.
I look back at the flaming debris of the sentinel.

"Shit... That was some fireworks right there... Maybe the forunners should have gone into the firework business."

'Oooohhhh~ That was better than I expected! And fast! Plus, my Scythe finally kicks butt.'

'Seems too fast... Something doesn't seem right.'
As I thought that, multiple smaller sentinels come out of hatches in the walls, and they point at us.
"Oh, you've got to be kidding me, fuck this!"
I turn and run as the sentinels shoot smaller, but still deadly, lasers at us. I run to the next door that had been across the room.
"Hey Serenity, maybe you could UNLOCK THIS DAMN THING!?!?!"
The door turns green and opens.

"Already done." Says the ever so helpful A.I.
I run through the door and it closes behind us, and not to soon, as the sentinels fire at the door, trying to get at us.


'Who's the chick? And what're ya gonna do 'bout the prob?'

'Thats Serenity, pretty sure she's the one who got me here to Equestria, and the problem, we have to catch up with a Bat-Pony before she releases the flood.

Lee coughed, 'AND THE FLOOD GATES OPEN!!!'

I heard the sound of water rushing, but it sounded way too cartoon to be real. It's like a dam broke! Haha! Anyway, what's that plan Captain? Go all spartan on them? Cause I do a great spartan commander. TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!! But in all seriousness, we should hurry up. Try using my web shooters. I know it's a bit embarrassing to say 'I Love You' everywhere you go, but come on!' He punctuated this by flashing a heart in my point of view.

'Yeah, we need to hurry, but the flood you're thinking about is different, the normal flood is just a lot if water, but the one I'm talking about is a parasite that takes control of its host and morphs them into something... Grotesque, but, enough talk, we gotta mov before she releases the last surviving infection form'

I shoot a web from my hand and swing only to hit a wall and fall on the ground.
"Ok, I have no idea how to use these!" I say as I pick myself up off the ground "I'm just gonna book it."
I start running down the hallways as Serenity tells me directions.

'You have no idea what a joke is, do you? And I'M a parasite.'

'These parasites don't help they're host, they kill them, and make them into monsters, and no... I'm not great with jokes.'


"Stop! There's a room you may like Kent"

I stop as Serenity said that, and I look around.
"Room to your right."

I look to the room and open the door, I peak in to see its another armory, but instead of weapons, it's filled with a god amount of armor, I walk in to see most of the armor is old, and my meaning of old is, most of it looks like the armor from Halo Reach.

"Eh, not as great as my current armor, we'll come back later." I say, and I turn back and run out of the room to continue my running down the hallways.

'Awww, I'm flattered.' Lee giggled

I sigh and continue my run.

"We're getting close!"

"And how would you know that Serenity?"

"I scanned the area, and we have a door to are left coming up, it has one life form in it."

"That could be something else."

"It's the size of one of the equines... And I know I'm correct."

"Alright alright, door on the left, got it."

I watch the doors on the left as I run past them, and I can here Serenity quietly counting.
So... What are you exactly? You kinda remind me of Venom from Spider man.

'Gee, I wonder why Mr. Spartan.' He said with sarcasm. 'Maybe I AM Venom. Like my Token says, I'm Lee Connors, Symbiotic Anti-Hero from an alternate universe looking for ways to make my Celestia's life a living hell. And I like cake...'

He seemed to be daydreaming, then snapped out of it. Other than that, I've got a BIG family, an I'm learning what it means to be a complete A-hole to my hosts. And I'm a bit crazy... I mean, wouldn't you be if you're stuck to a eggheaded pony, being the number one criminal for no reason, and getting turned into a mare? All in a couple days. Three to be exact.'

'Well... Quite a few interesting things to know... Well... When I first came here, I get literally attacked by Celestia herself, she was pissed about my kind hurting her ponies, and I find out all other Spartans here before me were hunted and killed by the ponies, and I'm now on the list of beings needed to be exterminated... And I find out that the head honcho of the Flood is here, and about to be released, and I seem to be one of the only ones able to stop him, and for all of that, I have no help on this world, all ponies hate me it seems... And I may have pissed off a Timelord...

I stop at a door and peek inside to see its full of cells, I back off and continue to run again.

'Huh... Celestia's never tolerant of others is she?'

'Not really... Strange she never knew of the Flood.'

"Left door!"

I stop at Serenitys voice and look into the doors small window to see a lab, I turn my head, and see a shadow move in the room.
"Serenity, can you get the door open?" I ask, she's silent for awhile before responding.

"Give me a minute, it won't take long."

I'll see what's going on!' The Symbiote jumped off me and slithered into the room and reformed into it's humanoid form. He walked forward.

As I watch him and look back at the Shadow, it moves before disappearing.
"I don't like this..."

"The fudge you don't! I don't have any bad feelings!" Lee said, playing with lab equipment. "I need one of these back home! Why didn't I ever think to get a laser!?"
He laughed, and through a jar of green liquid at the door, which proceeded to burn down.
"Huh... I opened the door! Get in here you~" He chucked as he played with two more chemicals.

I walk into the room and look around before looking at Lee.
"I wouldn't mess with those, we don't know what's in them."
I get out my DMR and look around the room again.

"Relax! I eat this stuff for lunch!" He took a sip of a red one, and spit it out. "That was disgusting! What was that!?" He looked at the label, "Parasite Repellent... Ha... Ha..."
He placed it into a trash can, summoned his Scythe, and cut it into pieces.

"Hm... Where'd that shadow go?..."
I walk around the room, looking at the different chemicals and such.

"The equine is still in here."
I freeze at Serenitys words, and look back at Lee

"The ponys still here, we have to be careful, no idea what she'll do."

Lee gave me a mock salute. Then webbed up the exit.
"Get through that!" He turned around to the room, and talked in a low, menacing voice. "You wanna do this the easy way?" His body started to grow, then a tongue slipped out of his head, and yellow teeth ripped out after that. He spoke gruffly, "Or the hard way."


I back up from him.

"Damn... That's pretty fucking scary... Not as bad as Gravemind... Thank god."
I look around the room and see a pony figure dart from cover to cover.
"Shit..."
I point my DMR at the figure as it keeps darting from cover.

Lee, on the other hand, jumped to the cover the pony was trying to reach. He roared, and used his webs to catch them.

The pony screams and starts struggling in the webs, and I approach them.

"That was SO cool!" Lee turned back into the smaller form, teeth, tongue, and Scythe disappearing. "So... What are you doing out here?"


She stares at Lee with wide eyes until her eyes glaze over, and they turn a sickly green, she the same looks into his eyes and grins.

"You will all DIE!" Her voice is deep and echoes.

"Gravemind!" I run the last small stretch and look at the mare
"Release her! You're time is over!"

"Oh... But it isn't." She turns her head to the left, and I look over to see a destroyed glass tube, I look at the ground to see a water like liquid all over the floor, and some of it trails off to a small space at the end of the lab.

"Lee... It's out..."

"The Flood!?" Lee stared at the liquid, "What do we do!? Would that Parasite Repellent work? Could I use magic to seal it away in a pocket dimension!? Could I..." He trailed off. "Is it the Flood? I'm not used to that stuff..."

"It's small right now... Not really a great threat... Just keep that mare away from it... And I'll deal with it"
I start walking towards the other side of the room, with my DMR at the ready

I heard ripping, something getting hit with webs, a slapping sound, and Lee saying, "Why're you hitting yourself? Why're you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?"

I shake my head and continue to the other side of the room, as I get to the other side, I see something small scurry under a table. I go over and keep my DMR trained on the table.

"Never thought I'd be doing this..."
I crouch down and look under the table, I see something small, it shifts a bit as I look at it, and lunges at my face.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!!!"
I start to run around the lab like a chicken with its head cut off, never have I been more thankful for my helmet.

Lee laughed uncontrollably. And webbed it off my face. "Dude! It's just a rat!"

I stop and look at him.
"Then... Where's the infection form?"

"The what?"

"The Flood infection form! The thing in the tube, the thing we're trying to stop... Wait..."
I look up at the ceiling to see the infection form above of us, it gurgles at us before scurrying to the door, only to stop at the webs, it turns and looks at us.

"Man that's ugly!" Lee shouted before shooting his webs at it. They missed, and it went for the vents.

NO!"
I fire at it, only for it to get away in the vents.
"Shit! We need to kill it before it gets away to the outside! Follow the vents!"

Lee slithered into the vents.

"If you can! Just smash the damn thing!"

"You will all DIE! Nothing will stop me! I am the shadow that stalks the universe! I have eaten many better then you! I. Will. Win!"

I look over at the mare still being controlled by Gravemind, I walk over to her, and promptly smack her as hard as I could, which may have been too much because I just knocked her unconscious. I look at my hand and shrug.
"At least I got him to shut up"

There was a big CHOMP, and a burp. "Excuse me!" Lee yelled. He slithered out of the vent. "Didn't have anything small enough to smash it with so I... Ate it... It actually tastes like chicken! And I've eaten things worse... I think..."


I just stare at Lee

"You... Ate... The Flood... I just... I have no words..."
I look back at the mare, then back to Lee.
"I... I guess that's it... Graveminds plan is over... It failed..."

I take off my helmet and sigh.
"Can't believe it was that easy..."

Lee shrugged, "I'd say... Hey, you got any ice cream on you? When I said Flood taste like chicken, I meant the living kind... The multiverse hates us Displaced, right?"

"Yeah... And, no, I don't have any ice cream... I may have something as a reward for helping save this world... But, we may need to go past the sentinels again."

"No, you don't." I look over at my helmet to Serenity who was on the speakers. I turn when I hear a door open and I turn to look at the other end of the room where a door opened up.

"Well then... Alright."
I pick up my helmet and put it back on, and I go over and pick up the unconscious mare, and I start to walk over to the door.

Lee followed. "That sounds good. I'd give you something, but I'm just a Symbiote... So, what're you going to do with Miss 'I-Will-Win'?"

"Not sure... Maybe try to get Gravemind out of her head, and hopefully she goes back to normal... And after that... Let her go back to her normal life... Not much I can do."

As we walk, we find another door which opens, then we end up in a hallway with a few other doors, on both sides, and a ramp leading up.
"Looks like we're back at the beginning... And if that's the case, the room with your reward will be around here."

"Can't wait. S'been an honor dude." Lee moved his hands behind his head.

"Like wise."
I go over to a door and open it, I go over and switch the light on, and it shows the weapons armory.
"Hope you like weapons, I got quite a few if you want any."

Lee stood there for a moment, just staring. "Dude..." He turned to face me, "Have you read my Christmas list!?"

I laugh and shake my head.
"No, but you're free to take as many as you want, I have no use for so many weapons."


Lee grinned (I have no idea how), and ran over to the multiple weapons and grabbed a bunch.

I smirked. 'This guy likes weapons...'

After several minutes, he was done. "Wow! These are awesome! Thanks..." His mood suddenly shifted. "I can't take these without giving you something... I know!" He used his webs to grip his token. "Three questions. One: Can you take care of a child? Two: What gender of a child do you want to have when you're a father? And what's your favorite color?"

I look at him with my head cocked to the side
"Um... Yes, I can take care of a child, um... Female, and... Blue? Why do you ask?"

He didn't respond to that, and shooed me out. "I'll call you in an hour. I need to prepare something..."

"Um... Alright..."
I exit the room and go back to the entrance of the forunner facility

As I reach the entrance, I look outside, through the hatch to the forest, I turn my head slowly before clambering out. I look around at everything and I take my helmet off, I take a deep breath of fresh air and sigh, I look off to the side to see a log, I walk over and sit down, I look up at the sky, and see a few Pegisi flying about, but, where I am, they could never see me, I look back down to look around the forest.
"Well... This is my new life... Better make the most of it..." I sigh again, and look down, I really wish this never happened.

- 1 Hour later-

I sit beside the log, tossing my Magnum in the air, and back into my hand.

"I'm guessing you're bored."

"Course I am, there's nothing to do."

"You could help me figure out something."

"No thanks." I sigh "I'm not gonna help you with whatever it is."
Serenitys silent before sighing and going back to what she was doing, and I continue to throw my magnum in the air.

"Yo! I'm done! Get in here!" I heard Lee shout.

I get up and put away the gun before heading back through the hatch and walking to the armory, I make it to the armory door and I walk in.

Inside, a grey Unicorn mare held a small vile of blue and black liquid. She looked at me, and smiled. "Hey man. I'd like you to meet Acid Touch. Your new companion!"

The liquid seemed to move around. "She's a Klyntar baby Symbiote. Like me, but weaker. She might get as strong as me, but it'll take time. She's a baby, so she'll need a host for thirty six hours until the magic kicks in." He held out the vile. "This'll keep her alive until you're ready to be her host."

I look her/him, then I take the small vile, then look back up.
"Um... Alright... Thanks, but, Lee, why are you a mare?"

"I used magic to make this form so I can survive without a host. In my world, I'm stuck as this until tomorrow. I've grown to like it."

stare at her/him for awhile before shaking my head.
"Well... Alright, I kinda hope that doesn't happen to me, well, I guess you need to get going now?"

"It can't happen to you. I need this form to survive since I'm a symbiote. You've got a body of flesh and blood. Anyway, yes, I do need to go. It was nice meeting you though. Take care of Acid for me." Lee said and a portal just like the one he came here in. "She's made out of the Token, so you most likely won't see me again. So this'll probably be the last time we meet." He tossed a phone-like object to me, which I caught. "Type in how she's doing. I'd like to know. You can tell her what you want her to know. She wont remember me, or anything after you open it up. I've also placed a list of powers she might have."

I look at the phone, then back at her/him.
"Alright, thanks, I'll take care of her... Oh, also, don't shoot anyone that's a civilian with those guns, I don't want to get in trouble for giving you guns... Just, point at the bad guys." I laugh at my terrible joke

Lee chuckled. "Who said I was a good guy!? Haha! Anti-Villains rule! And none of this'll come back ta bite ya. I'm from an alternate universe! If anything, you already are in trouble." She/he gave me a mock salute. "Godspeed bro!"
He than turned around, and jumped into the portal. It closed right behind him, and the room fell silent.

I look around and sigh.

"Man... It's way to quiet... Kinda miss him already..."

"Nice of you to forget me."

"Serenity, I didn't forget you."

"Riiiiight."

"Don't start Serenity."

Author's Note:

By the Emperor... This took TOO DAMN LONG! By the Throne... My eyes hurt... But! I did it for all of the readers who enjoy this story!

Thank you so very much Bronyparasite for doing the crossover with me! It was actually quite a lot of fun... Even through we had to do it without using Gdocs, which I will try to fix! One day... Hopefully... Maybe... I'll get around to it... But, please, people and ponies who read this, go check this hilarious and insane guy out and his story, "A Forsaken Symbiote" sorry I can't do links to stuff... Still haven't figured out how to do it... But he really is a cool guy, and he's got a ton of stories, go check 'em out!

I guess that's all for now... New chapters will be slow coming because school is on the horizon for me... And no matter how much I shoot at it with my Bolter, it won't go down, so I have to plow through it until I kill it, so, I will try to get a ton of chapters out before then... Hope you all enjoyed my insane ramblings... Also, don't get used to the amount of words in this chapter, more or less, it'll be more 1,000 to 2,000 words a chapter.. Not this mess.