• Published 10th May 2015
  • 10,322 Views, 631 Comments

Walking the plains of Equestria... As a Spartan? - Brother Uriel



Going to a con is fun... But when you get transported to Equestria as your costume and end up in a desert with little food and water... It ain't fun anymore... At least I got Sparten Pathfinder armor on with a cloak like the one the Chief used...

  • ...
83
 631
 10,322

Chapter 3, Dreams and Monsters.

Well... This is different... As you can guess, I'm dreaming but... It... It seems too real, I feel like I'm really here. Oh the dream I'm currently in is one of a dark tunnel... And the walls are rocks so obviously I'm in a cave with only one way to go, forward. So I walk deeper within, it seems like I had been walking for hours until I finally ended up in a cavern which by how I felt, must be huge!

I look left and right and I notice I can see but barely. I look forward to see something in the middle of the cavern, it kinda reminds me when you see a dragon sleeping in its den on Skyrim. And if that game has taught me anything, it's that I shouldn't wake it up or go anywhere near it, but as you can guess... I never really cared for the more intelligent things in the game. I more or less just beat everything up with a fucking sword and walked away, oh don't tell me you all haven't done the exact same thing! You see a dragon, you look at your gear and your level and you say "Fuck it" and yell "LEEROY JENKINS!" And charge right at it. But as you can guess I'm not that stupid, so I start inching my way forward towards it to get a better look when it then decides to get up... And I swear if this wasn't a dream I would have definitely shit myself, and pissed myself. What I see ain't a dragon, it's a giant creature with a huge head with a huge maw with three strips of skin coming off of it, two on the bottom and one at the top, all hanging down as if rotten. Tenticales start moving around, covering up my escape route, and surrounding me. I look up to see the abomination that puts fear in all of us Halo Fans, Gravemind.

"What has wondered into my place of sleep?" It inquiries.

Oh I swear his voice! It's terrifying and epic at the same time! It sounds like hundreds of voices speaking at once, and a hundred more echoing.

"Well? Speak!"

That's when I found my voice.

"H-How are you real?! And for that matter, alive?!"

"Ah, a soldier of steel and strength, not as much as the other ones, but still a warrior, tell me... How did you get here?"

"How should I know? I just popped up."

"Interesting..." I think it's pondering, I said think! It's got so many voices it's hard to tell.

"If your here... Then this means my time is close! I shall be able to finally come forth!"

"Wait, WHAT?!" Oh no, this is very bad! He can't be able to go to Equestria! Nothing could stop it if it does come!

"Oh none shall stop me now! I shall devor all life!"

Aw hell naw Bitch!

"You'll have to get through me first!" It looks down at me and laughs.

"A puny warrior like you? Ha! Do not make me laugh! You can not stop me for I have one last Equine under my control! She could not fend off the power I put over her, her will was not strong enough! She shall find the last spore and release it!"

"You forget, I'm a fucking Spartan! I'll make sure she doesn't release you!" I really hoped I sounded more confident then I felt.

"You will never find her, she is hidden, and she will get that last spore and release me!"

He towers over me, "And you shall die!" And he rushes towards me, maw open wide. I put my arms up trying to defend myself, then I open my eyes.


I raise my head and look around the forest clearing I'm in, I have no clue how I got here but it's fine by me! I prop myself up on my elbows and take a better look around. It's open and clear of all underbrush and trees, I look over to see I was laying next to a log. I get up and sit myself down on it and take off my helmet, I look into the visor of my helmet to see my reflection, I got a bit of a stubble but the only real difference in my appearance, I have dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, my skins a bit pale but that's mostly because I stayed inside a lot, I sigh at my situation.

"Well, look who woke up! Took you long enough." I jump at the voice and look all around me, no ones near me then I look up, and I see the one being that my inner Space Marine is yelling at me to Purge. Discord, the Spirit of Chaos, the maker of crazy cotton candy clouds that rain chocolate milk, and checker board ground, the one being who really reminds me of Sheogorath.

"You were asleep longer than normal... Well for your kind that is." He takes out a random book from behind him and puts on reading glasses and starts skimming the book.

"A guy can over sleep can't he?" I ask.

"Yes he can, I guess." Discord throws the book into the air were it disappears, and he takes off his glasses and wipes them with a cloth. He then puts them back on and looks at me.

"So, how did you get here?"

"I don't have a clue in the world on how I got here."

"Well... I still didn't get a thank you."

"For what?"

"Getting you away from Celestia when you ran, I teleported you closer to the Everfree so you could get away from her."

"Oh... I was wondering how that had happened, thanks... I guess."

"Your welcome, now! You may want to hurry and find that one pony."

I look at him with wide eyes, "How the hell..."

"I was listening onto the conversation, very difficult thing to do, but at least I did it."

"Do you have any clue who, what, and where she could be?"

"Well... She's a Bat pony, and if memory serves me right, and her name is Eclipse. She's currently residing at a town not for from here... I can't quite remember it's name."

"Wait, how do you know all of this?" He looks at me and ponders for a second, tapping his chin.

"She looked suspicious after I went to the town earlier this week. She was walking around, looking dazed, with a distant look in her eyes, and me being me, I instantly knew something was wrong. But I couldn't really do anything to her because if I did I'd get in trouble."

"Hm... Makes sense, do you got a map to the town?" He looks at me, then puts his lion paw into his ear and pulls out a map, then hands it to me.

"There you go, now I must be going, ta ta!" With that, he disappears.

Most. Fucking. Random. Dude. EVER!... And that's why I love him! Wait... Why was he at the town?... Oh who gives a shit! He's Discord! But I better look at the map. I look down at it to see its an actual map... For a second I thought it just be scribbles, ok... So I gotta get past Ponyville... Then gooooo... East? I think? Oh fuck me I hate maps! I look up from the map, then I look back down at it. Oh fine! I put it away and start heading towards ponyville, and if I've read enough Fics... Then their gonna be a bit... Distressed at seeing me, Eh why should I care? I'm a Spartan now.

I put my helmet back on and start walking again.

"What was that all about?"

"Well hello to you too Serenity, and it was nothing, but we have are heading!"

"And where's that?"

"A town that I have no clues to what it's name is!"

"Should I care? Or even ask?"

"Probably not... Unless you wish to become frustrated."

"Alright then" and we now continue are journey!

-three hours later-

I'm hiding in a bush at the edge of the Everfree looking out at Ponyville, it looks like a normal day. They got stands set up, and ponies are milling around getting groceries. One of the stands as I could see has nice red apples on it, and manning the stand is Applejack. She's talking to Rarity it looks like, which I can also see the white unicorn with a gem in her hoof, she looks like she's showing it off and Applejack is just rolling her eyes.

"Hey Serenity?"

"Yes?"

"How did you get a pulse grenade?"

"I accessed your memorys and conjured one up."

"You gotta be fucking with me."

"We're in a land full of magical horses... What do you think?"

Well damn, she makes a good argument.

"Ok, if you can do that... Can you make an armor ability?"

She's silent for a few seconds before responding.

"Yes, I think I can try."

"Alright, we need the invisibility cloak, can you make that?"

"As I said, I'll try." And with that, she's silent again, I sit there and wait for about thirty minutes until I hear that sound you hear when a Promethien Knight appears and I feel something change in the armor.

"Their, done, it should be able to get you through the town. But you'll need to keep to the shadows, and take breaks every few minutes."

"Alright, let's do this!"

Author's Note:

There you all go! Enjoy! All references go to there respected owners! And sorry for the cliffhanger!