• Published 10th May 2015
  • 10,320 Views, 631 Comments

Walking the plains of Equestria... As a Spartan? - Brother Uriel



Going to a con is fun... But when you get transported to Equestria as your costume and end up in a desert with little food and water... It ain't fun anymore... At least I got Sparten Pathfinder armor on with a cloak like the one the Chief used...

  • ...
83
 631
 10,320

Chapter 17, The jabber session

So, with a new friend in tow, I walk down the hallway and towards another door, had this room repurposed for meeting stuff.

Inside are many black and comfy chairs, and a long table, with a few cups cause I get thirsty a lot.

I walk up to the biggest of the chairs and sit down with a sigh, as 351 floats next to me… I am now an evil villain with his pet, amazing.

But the door then opens as Luna walks in and looks about the room, then at me, which I give an, okay sign to her.

“Glad you didn’t get lost Uh… Luna”

“Oh but we did… several times… alas we needith to know thine plan.” she replied, a stern gaze with a hint of hope in her teal eyes fixed on me and 351.

“My plan! Yes, my plan… the plans of plans… I, don’t have one” I rub the back of my neck a bit sheepishly, “Just… rolling right now”

Luna worked her jaw as if I had given it a good punch, “Rolling with it… that is your plan… thou are bad at plans.” she smiled as she waved a hoof at me, “Let us start with the parasites, how should we go about exterminating them?”

I sigh, tapping my foot a bit as I think, “Extermination of the flood involves more than a few spells… or guns, if the flood are deeply rooted… a glassing of the area is the best chance we have, if you know what glassing the area means.”

“If we assume correctly it means to heat the very soil to turn it and everything upon it either ash or glass.” she replies, tapping her chin.

“Yes and No, the Covenant, a mix of alien races, used large beam weapons to glass entire planets and the population on them, one of said races joined humanity to fight the other races, and had to glass an entire continent to be rid of the flood, but even that didn’t fully work” I sigh as I rest my head on my hand.

351 looks at me in silence, Serenity and Acid are silent as well, obviously, it’s not a all round nice subject.

“Well then… what about a phoenix, could it infect living fire?” Luna asks, all the while tapping her hoof to her chin.

I huff and sit back in my chair, “That’s just the problem, I know the flood, but this flood could easily be worse than we know… so maybe it could? I have no idea”

“What is your recommendation that would not result in mass genocide?” Luna asks while rubbing her temples, “Bear in mind I am not opposed to a skirmish or just burning them out.”

“The best option? Evacuation, than glass the entire area… mass genocide is almost guaranteed if the flood is allowed to stay, and… well… do you WANT to see hundreds of your people slaughtered and used as more food for those grotesque abominations?”

"Well then, we will need to assess how much of the region is infected before evacuating, our Lunar Guard should suffice to keep our sister from realizing what is going on." Luna replied, tapping a hoof to her chin.

I sigh heavily and sit back and stretch my legs out, “I doubt that will work, the glassing of an area isn’t exactly easy to keep on the quiet side of things… it’s gonna be difficult even finding the mass area” I look at her and shrug.

"Well then, our Lunar Guard should be able to distract her long enough, at least until the glassing begins." Luna replies with a frown, "We dread to think what she will do when she finds out…"

“Throw a hissy fit, no doubt about it, but that’s just my personal opinion” I sit back more as the chair leans back pretty far, “Even then, a glassing isn’t exactly the safest for anything to be there so, we definitely really need to find the location of the flood.”

"And how pray tell shall we go about that?" Luna replies, her brow creasing in thought.

I raise a finger, but I then let it droop as I sigh, “Not sure honestly…”

351 then pipes in, “I bet I can help! We just need to scan the planet!”

I turn my head to look at her, then back at Luna, putting a finger to my chin as I nod a bit, “That could work actually…”

"Short of when we were banished to thine moon, nopony has ever left the planet before… We would assume ye have a plan?" Luna asks, a small smile playing upon her lips.

351 flies up to her and looks her over before flying back to me, I gain a confused look before she speaks again, “You left the planet? I’m not sure you could, but I can, it would take me.”

She freezes up for a moment before she goes back to floating normally again, “I believe a few hours.”

I look at her with a smile, “That does solve a massive issue”

"We were hoping to get another look at the stars themselves again… alas perhaps we shall continue that endeavour after the threat has passed." Luna frowned, "Shall we continue?" She waved her hoof towards 351.

I look at her and shrug, “That’s all we can do now at this point, just let 351 do the scan and wait, then we glass the area that the flood inhabit.” I stand and stretch a bit, “Besides, I’m getting kinda hungry and I forget the last time I ate”

Luna nods, a look of grim steel flashing through her eyes as she heads towards the door.

I watch her leave silently, not sure what else to do before I look at 351, who simply floats there, looking back at me before I look away and head for the door.

~~Three hours later~~

I sit in the cafeteria of the facility, it’s… empty, it’s big and empty.

I look all around, empty seats everywhere, and a single tray being in front of me, devoid of food, since I ate it all, I feel better but… It’s odd seeing this place just, deserted.

I stand and pick up the tray and head over to where the others are set, setting my own try on top before I hear a quiet voice speak in my head.

“So… We destroy land to kill it?”

I sigh and look at the empty cafeteria, “It’s all we can do Acid, not much we CAN do, but it’s the best option we have… Not one I like but it’s necessary.”

I hear her sigh, moving a bit as I start to make my way out of the cafeteria.

“But couldn’t I do something?”

I stop before I shake my head, “No, not really, your gonna get bigger and tougher I bet but… The flood is overwhelming, I don’t even think we have a chance.”

“But you said-”

“I lied to her, Alright? I hate lying but Luna doesn’t get it, this planet? It’s not like I can save it, not like anyone can, it's been infected for god knows how long, this thing might be directly inside the core of this planet for all we know.” I clench my fists before I sigh heavily.

“Besides… This can give some ease to others minds knowing we may have a solution… I will figure something out but the flood will fight once it’s provoked, and if this things as bad as I think it is… We may as well give up.”

Acid remains silent before speaking again, “How did they stop it?”

I shut my eyes and sigh again, “Even with more or less two armies fighting it, the flood can easily fend them off… They had to destroy an entire ark, a massively sized station for making weapons that could wipe the galaxy clean of the flood, and all life as we know it, that seemed to kill the flood… or maybe it just delayed them.”

I shrug and continue walking, “But let’s see what we can do, never said I was giving up, it’s a challenge, and challenges can be fun to overcome.”

She sighs after a moment, “I hope we can beat it.”

I smile, “Oh I have a plan if it feels like it won, gonna go out with a final bang.”

I begin down the hallway as the door to the cafeteria shuts behind me.

Author's Note:

Ay! I’m back again, here’s some news, I’m not dead, I’m done being edgy, gonna change my name and stuff, it’ll be new and fresh, I hate my past self so, gonna beat him up.

Next, all of you better thank Tempest for being Luna, I know I certainly can’t play her well, he can, show him some love, he comments from time to time, you’ll see him since I lost my savvy ways with this site.

Next, if you guys wanna chat, I’m free to chat from time to time, I enjoy my readers cause they give my story the time of day to read, I appreciate it, the love is nice and reminds me why I stay here, I should respond, but I may not, I work a lot, I gotta feed my kitties.

Another thing, I don’t wanna come off as rude but... If you dislike the story, please don’t just comment hate, like, seriously? I think most of us are adults here, act like one, Would you kindly? Its not polite, constructive criticism is completely fine, go ahead and comment that stuff, but don’t be a jack wagon and hate stuff cause your edgy, it’s not polite.

Last thing, I swear guys, I won’t leave, I promise chapters will come once I can drive my mind to it, this one took tooooooo long but, that’s cause other things, as I think I said before, I may not be fully into the ponies anymore, but I stay because of all of you, and I’m happy people enjoy something I actually made, thank you all again, I love to see it get some love thrown at it, and to those who have joined me in making chapters, your all too great.

~Legion, soon to be Varius

Comments ( 17 )

9544991
9th May 2015. Old story is old

9632407
Not gonna lie, it’s extremely old but people seem to like it still, I presume you also dislike this one? Not that I mind, lots of people do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I do too when I try to re read it

9632436
I was pointing out that this guy started flipping out and judging the beginning of the story rather than judging it as a whole.

owo can't wait for more

9632472
Ah! My mistake, sorry friend, yes he did, he became quite upset rather fast, not sure what triggered it

9632964
It's quite alright, there's alot of people who get easily upset because of the start of a Displaced or the Displaced as whole.

Ayyy knew you hadn't died good to see that this story won't be moved to the 'dead story' folder :pinkiehappy:

I enjoyed this story, thanks for taking the time to write this

10183830
No worries, I’m happy it still finds people who enjoy it but honestly it’s hard to write these days, so I’d love to keep the story going but... well... hard to get some ideas and need to write flowing.

10210106
Yeah, writing is hard work and coming up with ideas is even harder. Especially so far Into it.
I’d love to help but,heh... I’m no writer lol

Either way, I’m fine with how the story is rn. Best of luck to you during this covid outbreak, stay fit and healthy brother

10284300
Uhhhh... No? Maybe? I promise a lot and I fail to deliver so I’ll do what I can when an idea comes to mind, I know people like the story but I’m just, kinda in a dry spot for ideas.

10337139
You were right about one thing, I was a very new writer back then, now I’ve improved a lot, but my issue now is simply time, and the will to actually put the effort into a new chapter.

Maybe sooner then later, a new one will appear, let’s hope I find the time to do so! And I thank you for enjoying the story, though it’s still surprising it’s liked so much.

10341083
Well damn, now theres an interesting tidbit. thanks

10345414
I was referring to the human-forrunner war but I didn't know that knows dude

10345424
OH! My apologies. Right, just to explain for those who may not know and read the comments:

Both humans and Forerunners were created by a race called Precursors, who were far more advanced that Forerunners, of one can believe it. When they had created humans, they had planned so that Humanity would inherit their empire, not the Forerunners. This had pissed the latter race off, and they had not only devolved humanity into a primitive race, but they had slaughtered the Precursors.

Surviving precursors fled into deep space outside the Milky Way. Enough time had passed that they had perished as well, and had become dust. I'm not sure if it's explained how this dust became corrupted, but it's eventually explained that humans had discovered this dust, and had learned that if it was fed to certain animals, it made them more domestic. Tamed.

Over time these animals began to lose their fur, cannibalise each other, and even grow abnormal masses. Humans were immune to this, but the disease rapidly spread, and they were forced to flee as near everything became hostile. This is basically the beginning of the Forerunner-Flood War, culminating in the creation of Mendicant Bias, the Lesser and Greater Arks, Twelve greater Halos, seven Lesser Halos, and the eventual firing of the array. All but one Greater Halo was destroyed before the firing, as well as the Greater Ark. that Halo being Delta, the one we visit in Halo 2.

Keep in mind, my information might be a little off. Going by memory, and that's bound to be wrong at some point

Well I finally am making a story it’s just that I have to give a fuck to finish it.

Login or register to comment