• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 29,681 Views, 6,224 Comments

Another Hatchling - Tatsurou



On instructions from the Chozo, Samus raises a baby dragon brought to her possession by magical means.

  • ...
115
 6,224
 29,681

PreviousChapters Next
Corruption: Backtracking

Once the laughter finally died down, Rainbow was the first to speak up. "So Spike, what new abilities did you get from-" She paused to snicker. "-sucking face with Gandrayda?"

Spike rolled his eyes as even more laughter greeted this statement. "Can you be a little less crude about it?" he pleaded.

"Indeed, Darling," Rarity chided. "While a valid question, there are other ways to ask."

"Spike got an electricity based breath, and gained complete control of his size changing," Samus explained. "That's what I meant earlier about him mastering it because of her."

"An unusual honor, I admit," Gandrayda commented as she leaned back in her chair.

Unnoticed to many of the others, Celestia, Cadence, and - surprisingly - Rarity exchanged meaningful glances. The slightest of nods from Cadence resulted in Celestia closing her eyes in thought with Rarity glancing curiously at the energy being.

"So how did that conversation go, anyway?" Sweetie Belle asked eagerly. "You stopped at Spike saying, 'It's not what it looks like'."

Chuckling, Samus continued the tale.


"Really?" Samus asked simply. She knew neither Spike or Gandrayda could see her raised eyebrow through her faceplate, but from the way they both flinched back, it must have been audible in her voice. "So...you weren't sucking the Phazon out of her and replacing it with your own fire?"

Spike blinked, flustered. "No-I mean, yes-I mean-" He growled as he shook himself. "Don't do that!" he complained angrily.

Gandrayda, for her part, burst into laughter. "I knew there was a reason I liked you so much, Sammy," she purred, starting to saunter away...only to stagger and fall to her hands and knees. "Huh...didn't realize just how weak I was going to be after that..." She smiled up at Spike. "Damn, you're a good kisser. I'm still weak in the knees."

Spike glanced away with a blush. Rolling her eyes, Samus stepped forward. "Here, let me help you up," she told Gandrayda, offering her hand.

As Gandrayda gripped Samus' hand, some of her energy bled into Samus' Grapple Beam. Her HUD beeped an alert.

Grapple Voltage acquired.
The Grapple Beam can now lock onto certain mechanical devices and drain energy out of them or pump energy into them. This can be used to activate or deactivate these devices. It will also work on certain enemies.

"Before you take me anywhere to recover," Gandrayda began, before coughing a bit. "Wow, I am weaker than I thought...anyway, this really is a back path to where you can get a Hazard Shield, to protect you from the acid rain. You'll need it. You need two people to activate the elevator."

"We'll take care of it," Spike reassured her, bracing her as he moved to one side of the controls. Samus took the other side, activating the elevator.

The trio rode the elevator up, leading to an open sky area that was only roofed over rather than fully enclosed. "It'll be a long path back to the ship-"

"I don't take harm from the acid rain," Gandrayda pointed out. "Energy being. Spike can carry me back to the ship."

Nodding, Spike pulled her onto his back, taking to the air immediately.


"Quite the wild ride," Gandrayda teased, resulting in Spike rolling his eyes as several mares tittered.

"So is Spike really that good a kisser?" Applejack asked. "From the sound o' it, he really blew ya away." Noticing several glances her way, she blushed as she lowered her hat. "What?" she demanded. "Ah know ah ain't th' only one curious."

Gandrayda chuckled wickedly. "Trust me...words don't do the experience justice."

"At any rate," Samus continued, "while it was a path to the Hazard Suit, I needed a Spider Ball upgrade to ride the magnetic rails that were the only path I could use to get there. So after dropping Gandrayda off on the Olympus, Spike and I returned to Elysia, since he remembered spotting one of those devices that I could use the Grapple Voltage to interact with."

"It proved to be a good choice," Spike explained. "That path led Mom right to the Spider Ball."

"The only thing missing at that point are your Power Bombs," Twilight pointed out.

"Didn't get those this mission," Samus admitted ruefully. "Thankfully, as useful as they are normally, I didn't actually need them. Also, since there was no rush in further exploring the Pirate Homeworld, Spike and I took the time to collect a few things we'd left behind in our rush to rescue our fellows." She gestured to Rundus, Ghor, and Gandrayda. "A few missile expansions - both for me and the ship - a few energy tanks, and a few Energy Cells. Initial reports regarding the Valhalla suggested we'd need a lot of them to get through it completely, when the time came."

"Though while we were exploring, we encountered a new type of enemy on Elysia and Bryyo," Spike explained. "Phaazoids - spherical Phazon based entities - that took shape wherever Leviathans had been shut down. They could only be damaged by Phazon based weaponry, my Fazite breath..." He licked his lips. "Or my teeth. They were delicious. Especially the red ones."

"They were normally blue," Samus explained. "At any rate, after a time, we received a message from Admiral Dane. The fleet was moving into position around the Pirate Homeworld for the assault, and that Gandrayda had made a full recovery..." Turning, she smirked at Gandrayda. "And had had to be tied down to keep her from rejoining the battle on the front lines."

Gandrayda blew a raspberry at Samus as others laughed.

"After that," Spike continued, "we were heading back to the Pirate Homeworld."

PreviousChapters Next