• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 29,623 Views, 6,224 Comments

Another Hatchling - Tatsurou



On instructions from the Chozo, Samus raises a baby dragon brought to her possession by magical means.

  • ...
115
 6,224
 29,623

PreviousChapters Next
Corruption: Allies

The three figures that walked down the ice ramp of the ship were both quite distinctive and visibly alien, just barely humanoid as far as the ponies could tell. The first was pale blue, gradiating to white on some parts of his body, black on others. His body was somewhere between crystalline ice and flesh in texture, and there were no features on his face with which to read expressions. There were only two yellow dots of eyes to even denote that it was his face. One notable distinction was a portion of his torso that looked like some sort of scar, which shone bright blue and was far more ice than flesh in appearance. He walked right up to Samus and Spike. "It is good to see you both again," he stated calmly, bowing respectfully.

"Good to see you too, Rundas," Samus replied, returning the bow.

"I'd have thought that would have fully healed by now," Spike spoke up, indicating the bright blue scarring.

"It has," Rundas replied. "However, I have chosen to leave the sealing scab of ice in place, to remind me of the event. I still owe you a life debt, Spike."

Spike rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"Now don't overwhelm the poor boy," the second figure stated as he walked up. His body was almost entirely robotic, with only the brain visible through the transparent casing of his head unit indicating this was a cyborg and not an android. His limbs were somewhat spindly, plainly not built for strength. However, the numerous manipulators and interface points along the length of all the limbs indicated that this was because his body was designed to interface with other machines. "You know how flustered he gets when people hero worship him."

Samus chuckled a bit. "Funny meeting you here, Ghor," she greeted. "How'd you find your way here?"

"We received a signal that you were here," he explained. "We decided it would be nice to stop by and reminisce."

"But that one makes her own way home," Rundus grolwed, gesturing back at the third figure still making her way down the ramp. "How is it no one's slit her throat for talking so much before?"

"They probably have," Ghor replied. "But she's pure energy. It wouldn't kill her." He glanced around, not noticing how unnerved the ponies were getting from the line of the conversation. "Such a curious world you hail from, Spike," he commented in his synthesized voice. "There's so much I could learn here..."

Spike nearly choked on his laughter when he saw how Twilight's eyes lit up at that statement. However, his expression changed to nervousness as the third figure approached.

She was most definitely female, and the most humanoid in appearance of the trio. Her entire body was blue and pink, glowing with energy, with her grey skeletal structure visible through her flesh. Her eyes sparked with mischief, and she had a coy smirk on her face. If one looked closely, however, they would spy what looked like green fire running here and there where veins and arteries should have been. She sauntered up to Spike, her hips swaying enticingly as she completely ignored Samus. "Well, well, Spike...is this how you treat a lady? I honestly never thought that was how you were. You never called, you never wrote...shame on you."

Spike stepped back a bit nervously. "Uh...Sorry Gandrayda...things were kind of...busy. Didn't realize I should..."

"But after all we shared?" Gandrayda pouted, fluttering her eyelashes at him. "We did so much together..."

"Well, I..."

"And the way you stole that kiss," she breathed enticingly.

"Excuse me?" Rarity gasped out in shock.

"It wasn't like that!" Spike shouted. "I was trying to save your life!"

"And you succeeded beyond your wildest dreams," Gandrayda purred, attempting to press herself up against Spike only for him to flee into the upper branches of the crystal tree palace. She then giggled. "He's just so cute when he's flustered."

"Funny you three should be here now, bringing all that up," Samus interrupted. "Spike and I were just telling his friends and family on this world of his adventures, and we'd just gotten to the mission you're all talking about."

"Perhaps we could join you then," Ghor offered. "Give a perspective on events the two of you can't provide."

"Not a bad idea," Samus allowed. She then turned to Gandrayda. "As long as you can keep your flirting to a minimum. It won't help the story if Spike's running away from you every other minute."

Gandrayda rolled her eyes. "If you insist," she allowed. "It's good to see you well, by the way."

"You too. Just don't turn into me this time."

"Turn...into you?" Twilight gasped in shock.

Smirking, Gandrayda stretched. Her body became extra translucent as she flared with pink electricity. When the light faded, she looked identical to Twilight Sparkle. "It's a peculiarity of my race," she explained in her own voice. "Since we're pure energy, we can reshape our bodies to mimic the appearance and abilities of anything we've encountered."

"Sounds a lot like the Changelings," Rainbow Dash pointed out as the alien shapeshifter resumed her own form.

"Except they aren't pure energy," Twilight pointed out. She approached Gandrayda. "Could...could you do that again? But more slowly, so I can take some scans?"

Gandrayda chuckled. "Maybe later. First, I think some introductions are in order."

"Not to mention your Welcome to Ponyville party!" Pinkie Pie proclaimed as she leapt up, confetti exploding around her.

Ghor stared at Pinkie as she raced around gathering party supplies. "Something tells me trying to understand her will give me a real headache..."

"It's Pinkie Pie," Twilight told him. "Don't question it. Trust me, don't. It's not worth the headaches. Besides, she's a good friend, even when she doesn't make any sense."

"Now where's the fun in making sense?" Discord asked with a cackle as the large group went into the crystal tree castle, laughing and talking as they waited for the party.

"...Ghor!" Twilight shouted. "Don't cut chunks off my home!"

"Apologies."

PreviousChapters Next