• Published 30th Apr 2015
  • 592 Views, 12 Comments

The Rockin Life of Vinyl Scratch - Prince_Ash_teh_Rainbow



As a famous DJ people always ask what was my past like.

  • ...
2
 12
 592

Chapter 1

"Vanessa!" Yelled my father from downstairs. I quickly combed my long brown hair and ran down to greet him.

"Good morning father." I smiled, he turned to me and handed me a box. Right. I left to the bathroom and put in my contacts. I always forgot. When I came back in I sat down at the dark oak table that was placed in the center of the dining room. My father then tied up my hair with a small pink bow.

"There, now you are acceptable." He spoke before he left for work. With a sigh I walked out of my house and locked the door. I then started the long walk to school.

~~~

When I got there I was in awe of how huge my new school was. It was probable two times bigger maybe more! But that was understandable seeing as how my old school was a private school and didn't have very many students. I walked into the school and probably ran into almost everyone there. I walked into the office and up to the young lady at the front desk.

"Hello, my name is Vanessa Scratch. I'm new here." She looked up at me.

"Hello! Yes I have your schedule right here." She smiled and handed me a slip of paper. I looked down to see what my father signed me up for. Math II, Biology, orchestra, and- my eyes widened. I couldn't believe my class! It said art!! My father always hated the idea of sending me to art class he said he was afraid I would become one of the weird artists with the crazy hair and weird hipster shades.

~~~

Most my class were boring. I met my first friend in Biology. She was a strange one. Her name turned out to be Rainbow Dash. She had super short rainbow colored hair. She wore a blue hoodie. On the back was a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt coming from it. She also wore a necklace with a small red apple on it. When I asked her about it she told me that it was a gift from her girlfriend. I was honestly quite shocked that she said it so openly with out even the slightest bit of hesitation. We exchanged numbers and she said that she would text me in my next class which she did. Orchestra was super boring. I mean my father had already taught me most of the information we went over. But it was the middle of the school year so it was a little hard catching up. Thought I know a lot about the violin I never liked it. Never. No. I hated the damn thing. It was the worst part of my life. So texting Rainbow was all I did in class. My next class was art and man was I existed! The second I walked in a girl with bouncy, pink, hair greeted me with a game of 20 questions five thousand edition. I learned her name was Pinkie Pie and she introduced me to a few other people. One was a girl with thick, fluffy, light pink hair who's name was Fluffle Puff. Plus a girl with long black hair and creepy green eyes. Her name was Chrysalis. I asked if Pinkie and Fluffle were maybe related. Seeing how similar they looked. They laughed and said no. We sat at a table for five. Fluffle and Chrysalis sat on one end together, Pinkie sat on an end, and I sat on an end with and empty seat beside me. It was after the bell rang and class had started when a student ran in.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" She cried with a bow.

"That's fine just go sit down." The teacher replied, the girl nodded and sat in the first empty seat she could find. Fate having it that it was the seat right next to me. That's when I took her in. She had long, smooth, dark brown hair. Much darker then mine. Her skin was a beautiful tan color. And her eyes just took the cake. They were a shimmering bright purple. I just wanted to stare at them for days. Though my thought was interrupted by the girl looking over at me with a confused look. This making me jerk my head down to my paper so fast I practically got whiplash. At the end of class (which was really just taking notes on value) I pulled Pinkie to the side.

"Who was that?" I asked pointing to the general direction of the girl.

"Who? Apple Jack?" She asked, then a girl with dirty blond hair held in a pony tail and a cowboy hat on her head walked up to us.

"Hey cuz." The girl smiled at Pinkie.

"This is my cousin Apple Jack! AJ for short!" Pinkie smiled, Apple Jack gave a tilt of her hat. It was then that I saw she was wearing a necklace similar to the design on the back of Rainbow's hoodie.

"It's nice to meet you." I nodded to her then turned to Pinkie. "But Pinkie I was talking about the girl sitting beside me."

"Oh! You mean Octavia! Right!" Pinkie smiled, she then turned to Apple Jack. "Ready to go AJ?" Apple Jack nodded. They waved goodbye and left. I left the classroom and started walking home. The whole time though all I could think about was that girl. Octavia. And how the people here were just so open. It was a huge change in pace. But I began to realize that I kinda liked it. I felt a lot more free then I had ever felt in my life. It felt good. Really good. But that freedom didn't last to long.

When I got home my father was there. "Go practice your violin." Was the first thing he said to me. I nodded and did as he said. I went up stairs and played both the song I was learning in my privet lesson and the song I was learning at school. When diner came I sat down at the table with my father.

"Thank you for letting me take art. I promise I won't become anything like those kids or anything like that." His only reply was a nod. That was the last thing that was said all night.

Comments ( 12 )

This story has me very intrigued. I could see vinyl like this in her past, and I like it. Glad someone decided to write about it :twilightsmile:

There is an "existed" where I think you meant "exited".

5923638 omg!!! Thank you for pointing that out!!! I'll see if I can get that fixed XD lol :raritywink:

5923428 thank you very much!!! It always excites me to read comments like this!!! :pinkiehappy:

I'll be waiting impatiently for another chapter. Maybe you could fix up the formatting and sentence structure a little, but its still acceptable. Definitely worth a read of chapter 2.

I'll be waiting for that next chapter :raritywink:

5923981 I'm glad you like it!!! I have a little writers block though :raritydespair: so the next chapter my take some time :scootangel:

5930794 it's gonna take time but NEVER FREAR PRR IS HERE!!! :pinkiehappy:

5931116 Well...I'm waiting. :moustache:

5931368 lol when I read that i read it in sonic's voice from sonic underground XD :facehoof:

Login or register to comment