• Published 9th May 2015
  • 286 Views, 2 Comments

Pinkie is best Chicken - Groupiegatalo



Pinkie. We know her, we love her, and we somtimes fear her. She does a lot of things that don't make sense, yet when it come full circle things truly do make sense in the end. Right?

  • ...
 2
 286

Pinkie's Secret

The crowd of multicolored ponies start to fade off as they all begin to leave with their happy chats and merry laughs from the sweet shop that they were once sitting down in. Each one leaves with their bellies filled with the best treats this far side of Equestria. All made by the cakes and their most dedicated, and only, worker. Pinkamina Diana Pie. A pink mare with a fluffy fun filled mane that bounces in the air as the Pinkie mare hops and smiles where ever her heart so pleases her to go. Such a mare is practically the master mind behind some of the greatest parties and most delicious treats known to all pony, and some griffin, kind. She's also the fan favorite of practically everyone she ever meets.

She's a miracle worker that Pinkie. She does more than anypony ever gives her credit for. Not just for her magical treats. Most of the simple things she does like protecting the foals from falling debris with her Pinkie sense to even helping with the rebuilding of half the town all by herself. Sure she had help from Applejack, Rainbowdash, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rarity; but the main effort was all her alone. Twilight was too fatigued that day after the giant battle with that monster Tirek, so Pinkie put it upon herself to make up for Twilight while she was getting much needed rest. And make up she did.

Almost everypony thinks the town couldn't look any better. Of course she had to de-install most of her party cannons that she had hidden around the town, but other than that. It was like that town was always here. Well, she had practice do to the parasprite infestation that had turned from eating food to everything else. So that does play a part into why the town still looks so great.

Though she's mainly just a miracle worker in the kitchen for the most part. Her talents are almost unmatched all across Equestria. When the cakes first took her in, they didn't really think this high energized mare would be responsible enough to make the treats that she does today. But low and behold, she proved herself capable of handling treats, kids, and unruly customers. It seems like any task you put before her, she's willing to attempt it and, in the end, she completes the task in one way or another. Whether its with her friends or by herself.

Pinkie has never really been a strong solo player. She's usually with somepony else all the time. Except in the kitchen or when ever she goes to her room. Or the basement.

Speaking of which. The pink fluffy earth pony has been spending a lot more time down there than usual of late. Ever since more orders from Canterlot started coming in, she's been going down there more and more. Sometimes even staying down in there all through the night. Mr. Cake once caught her coming out with bags all around her eyes and such a giant frown on her face while imping up the stairs. Yet, the next day she seemed all fine and dandy.

Whenever they would ask her about the activities going on in the basement, she would always act shifty. Pinkie always seems to get shifty whenever it gets mentioned. She always plays it off as something unimportant and key ingredients to most of her treats are down there. Mr. Cake once offered to help her move and organize such ingredients, but she simply declined her flat. Usually she would give a reason, but for some reason she seemed a lot more... tense that day than any other.

The none usual Pinkie, as some call her, is a very unusual one. A lot of times they notice that she's able to put on a smile and make others laugh, but there seems to be something... really off about her and her smile. Something not quite right. It's almost like they're both not really there. From the way that she always seems to twitch whenever somepony poke her near her stomach or shoulder, it just seems so... odd.

Than again, it is Pinkie they're trying to figure out here. Obviously she probably keeps the secrets to her oddity down there or something of the sorts. The Cakes just hope it's not some type of drug she's using. They're pretty sure she's not, but she has to get those nervous ticks from somewhere. And they always seem to come whenever she doesn't go down there in the basement after a while. Mrs. Cake once heard some unicorns talking about Pinkie using unicorn powder and some herbs for "Medical" reasons.

Obviously it seems like a big conspiracy theory against her really. From the treats, to the threats, to the weird actions. It all seems like one big plot. Or just a series of coincidences. Which is very unlikely. Than again, everything really changed when all the elements of Harmony knew that they were living together in this small little town known as Ponyville.

Imagine that. The pony that has been cooking and making everypony happy is actually the element of laughter. Its not a very big surprise to anypony now. But back than they were just a little shocked. They didn't know how to process it at first, but than it played off as Pinkie being Pinkie. Though, somewhere deep down we probably all knew that Pinkie was meant for greatness. A great responsibilities such as protecting the great nation of Equestria though... that caught everypony a bit off guard.

She's good with foals, but within the sense of taking something completely serious... That's another story all together. Though responsibility has a lot to do with Pinkie and her basement though. Pinkie once brought up that the basement is part of her responsibilities to the Cakes as well as everypony else. So that's one reason why they allow her to do as she does. Pinkie is very responsible and reliable, despite how silly she may be at times.

Sometimes the Cakes wonder why her Cutie mark doesn't resemble responsibility instead of partying. Than again, if she was truly too responsible she might turn out to be another Twilight. And nopony thinks they need a second one of her. Especially do to a lot of the... incidents that happen here in the fair place of Ponyville.

Speaking of Twilight. It seems like she's currently talking to Pinkie. Pinkie's smile radiates all around the place as she hops in place taking in whatever information she's currently taking in. Twilight's face turns into a frown before she nods her head. The two walk, well in Pinkie's case bounce, to the basement door and they both go down. Now that's a real shocker to both the Cakes. Pinkie actually took somepony down there with her for once.

Plus it was Twilight of all ponies. Sure she's a great friend and Ally of hers, but the Cakes wish it was them that were going down there instead of her. The two sigh as they continue cleaning up the shop in union. Maybe another time. For now, they can only speculate what's going on down there below their hooves.


Down the long wooden staircase that leads from the main shop of Sugar Cube Corner, two ponies walk down the flight of stairs using the purple unicorn's horn glow as a source of light. The purple unicorn with the laid back cut mane is known as Twilight aka the benevolent student of Celestia. She's also know as the leader of the Elements of Harmony as well as caretaker of the dragon. That dragon being only a baby know as Spike, but that's the least important information.

The two stop off the steps and Twilight tries to make out what's all down here. For the most part, all she can make out are crates and cages that have no or a little bit of labeling. It irks Twilight just a little bit. Only because she's one that needs an organization graph to let her know where everything is.

It not her fault that she needs it in her life. It's all because Celestia and Luna got it in her mind that everything has a place and everything needs to be known to make life a lot easier. So far they've both been right. Whenever she knows where a book is at or where her friends are, everything is so much easier. But this...

"Pinkie.... Have you ever thought of organizing any of this?" Twilight asks poking at an empty cage.

Twilight can only wonder why she would need so many cages. The only pet that she knows she has is her pet Alligator lovingly named Gummy for his toothless mouth. How Pinkie ever found a baby Alligator and made sure that it's toothless is beyond her. She tries not to think much about the mysterious mare. Thinking of how Pinkie works and how everything around her works make her head hurts. As well as prevent her from getting any sleep.

"Nope! My Pinkie sense allows me to know ere everything is! So there's no point in that!" She announces happily as she walks around a three stacked crate marked L.

Ah. The dreaded Pinkie sense. One of the many banes in Twilight's life. Something she attempted and failed at trying to understand. Over all her analyzes come down to never investigate Pinkie. So when they were talking about coming down here to investigate something, Twilight's fear grew.

Now, here they are walking through the dark with Pinkie leading the way to Celestia knows where. Being down here in the basement makes Twilight remember a lot of bad things really. The "Basement" of Canterlot was already bad enough experience... she can't imagine how this will go. Than again, it is only Pinkie Pie. So it can't be something that...

Twilight thought train comes to a halt as she finds Pinkie sitting in a nest with crates filled to the brim with eggs of different sizes, color, texture, and patterns. Twilight walks over to a series of eggs labeled P and slowly strokes them.

"What are these?" She asks finding it a miracle that Pinkie would ever have something so rare and unseen before.

Twilight has always been curious about all the different sorts of creatures and items in the world. That's why she started looking up more and more information whenever she can find some free time. But of all the books she read, they never once mentioned any eggs of these patterns or colors. The sizes sure, but the colors are so bright and cheerful and yet at the same time the patterns are somewhat... dull.

"Well... promise to keep a secret?" Pinkie asks from the next that she currently poking at much like a bird would when trying to get comfortable.

"Of course Pinkie. I even Pinkie promise. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Twilight says going through the motions of the sacred promise made by Pinkie.

"Okay... all these eggs belong to me." Pinkie says with a sheepish grin, "There's a reason I say that every cupcake is like having a part of me inside of you."

Twilight can only stare at the egg being held in her hooves right now. She would never have ever thought a pony could ever lay... if she had said that she had a chicken... Maybe she's just pulling a prank? Pinkie has always been known to pull pranks like that. Pranks of extreme nature not so much, but they are occasional when she has something big planned.

"What... you're kidding right? I mean... it's not physically possible for a pony to lay any egg of the sorts. It's not built into a anatomy. We're equine creatures... mammals... we give live birth Pinkie."

Pinkie chuckles, "Let me show you my Pinkie magic."

Twilight watches with her bottom jaw nearly hitting the floor. To avoid such unnecessary details that would probably scar the minds of the kiddies, let's just say Pinkie laid an egg bigger than her body with only a little bit of trouble. She slides off the top of the eggs and presents it to Twilight.

"Tada!" She says energetically, "But... it's really hard to lay the bigger eggs. I was hoping you might know a spell to help laying them a bit easier."

Twilight says nothing as she stares at the pony sized egg.

"Twilight."

She just witnessed something that defies all the laws nature intended.

"Twi! helloooooo the spell?" Pinkie ask as Twilight walk towards the pony sized egg.

Twilight places a hoof against making sure that it was real.

It was. So Twilight fainted. For real.

Pinkie shrugs and places her friend upon her back, hops around the bend, up the stairs, and towards the brand new castle in the distance. She could always ask her in the morning. Her friend must be really tired because of everything that's been going on these past couple of days.

The Cakes chuckle as Pinkie hope out with Twilight on her back. Now they're sure they don't need to know what's actually down there. They can sum it up simply as "Pinkie".

Author's Note:

I had lots of fun writing this. I wrote this for the picture that I bought

Comments ( 2 )

The ending was funny, and pretty well written.

Unfortunately all of the story other than the basement scene between Twilight and Pinkie was pretty pointless, disjointed, and written in several different tenses, as if you didn't know how the story was going to be told.

I guess what to get out of this: you're good at writing a story, bad at explanations within narration.
Everything after that last line break was great, everything before it....not so much.

6144424 Thanks for the input. Yea I'm still kind of trying to get the hang of explanations. I have it in my head, it's just I'm not good at putting it forward.

Login or register to comment