• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 609 Views, 9 Comments

The Equestrian Peace Era - EclipterROME



As peace returns to Equestria, Twilight Sparkle must adjust to a new life free of the struggles that come from living in a time of war.

  • ...
6
 9
 609

Prologue/Pilot

The crowd cheered for their princess. Many applauding hooves shaking the ground with their stomping and screams of approval, jealousy, and over all glee! The fourth princess had finally arrived. Even if there was no announcement before she came, they were excited either way. Twilight looked out to the crowd and smiled. This was all a little hard to take in. However, that changed when she saw her friends in the crowd. As she passed by them she grinned and waved to them with a little tear in her eye. This was a special day.

Not too long after this however, there were many tests and complications. First came the black roots, then came Tirek, and then the town where Starlight Glimmer had taken and stored cutie marks. It was fight after fight, duty after duty. Being a princess was much harder than she had anticipated. Although, even after every single fight and pain, she always remembered she wasn’t alone. Her friends stood beside her every single time. She couldn’t be happier when she was with them. A few years later however, is when everything changed.

The ultimate battle was fought. It was an all out equestrian war. All evil doers from the past had come to claim revenge. Even new ones that weren’t even heard of before. Luckily, they had the princess’ magic and Discord at their side through it all. However, that doesn’t mean lives weren’t lost. Some more horrible than others.

After the war was fought and won, the toll ran up to 1,476,891 deaths. Including most of the guard and warrior teams, the fall of princess cadence, many innocent pony lives, and, worst of all, two of her friends.

Only one had lost their life to the war, the other locked their self away as if they were dead out of guilt for not saving the other. Rainbow Dash had fallen off a cliff. She would have flown away if it hadn’t been for a broken wing. Fluttershy failed to catch her in time, even with all the speed in flight she could use.

This caused Twilight to go into a shock induced coma for a few months. Once she awoke, the war was over. That was what’s known as The Great Equestrian Clean Up and The Great Equestrian Peace eras began. The clean up was getting every pony back to normal and rebuilding things that have fallen. After a couple years, a new pony was assigned the new spot as the princess of love. Not that Cadence was easily replaced. Flutters emerged from hiding, and all was right with the world again. Twilight and her remaining friends had come together and made peace once more.

After a few more years, Twilight had married a stallion by the name of Ernest Writer. He was a famous author that had written a best seller titled Ready Pony One. They lived 10 happy years together. They even had a child named Rainbow Dash in honor of her lost friend. Since Ernest was a pegasus pony, Rainbow Dash had become on herself. She was even fast when she grew enough to fly at the age of 5. She was a little different however. She was fast and she was blue, but she had a normal purple mane with a stripe like Twilight’s. She was also shy most of the time. Not as much as Fluttershy, but enough to be nothing like the pony she was named after.

However, when she was 8, and Twilight was ready to celebrate their 11 year anniversary, Ernest had passed away due to being sick. It was devastating for Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Even Twilight’s guards who had made friends with him were teared up by the news. Everyone Twilight knew, including her friends came to the funeral. It was sad for many to see a husband of a princess to go. The only other one that still lived was Shining Armor, but not even Twilight has heard from him in years.




Another 5 years had passed, when Rainbow Dash was in her teenage years. This is where we stop into the present. Rainbow Dash had just come in from flight school. She threw her bag across the room and into a wall. She bawled without a word for a moment at the door. Twilight looked up at her and waited for her to come and talk to her about it. This was not an unusual thing to happen.

Rainbow Dash finally came and sat next to her mother and laid her head in her lap. She sniffed for a little bit as she gathered the ability to speak. Once she finally did, she looked up and said in a hurt tone, “Mom, how come you and the other princesses are the only ones that love me?”

Twilight sighed and petted her mane. She hated that question. She smiles warmly to her and says back in a soft tone, “I don’t know dear. Why don’t you tell me what happened so I can give you a good answer?”

Rainbow Dash looked to the ground and then back up to Twilight. “The kids at school today made fun of the saddle bag you made me. I loved it, but they called me names for having it. They said it looked gay.. So I must be gay. You don’t think I’m gay, do you mom.” She said, unintentionally changing the subject.

Twilight’s ears perked up as she gives a frown. “Of course not. I’ve heard you talk about your friends all the time. Their all stallions, and you talk about them like you have a crush on each one all the time,” she slightly teases in a serious tone.

Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes, clearly unamused. “I told you mom. I don’t like them, I’m just over excited about having friends. It’s ironically hard when your mother is the queen of friendship.”

“Princess,” Twilight said.

“Whatever... Anyways, while it’s hard to make friends, it’s not hard to get colts to stare at me often, and even slap my flank as I move through classes,” she says to her mother.

Twilight widens her eyes. Was this really how they treated her? Stallions today are such pigs when it comes to good looking mares. “I’m very sorry dear, you should have told me sooner. Just tell me what you want me to do, and I’ll help you with it.”

“Then homeschool me. your old friend who I was named after taught you to fly, and you know everything about history and chemistry and stuff. Why not you know?” She looks at her with almost pleading eyes, hoping to convince her this time.

Twilight looks at her with a unsure expression. “I don’t know... I would have to think about it. Until then, I’ll see if I can talk to the principal. If she can’t do anything. Then I’ll definitely consider it.”

Rainbow Dash gives her an understanding nod, and looks back at the ground. “Thanks mom, you know how to calm me down.”

Twilight smiles down at her daughter and nuzzles her. “Hey, what are moms for? Also, I know how I can cheer you up as well.”

Rainbow Dash looks up at her quickly and gasps. “You don’t mean she’s here do you?” She gets a big smile on her face.

Her mother gives her a big smile and nods. “Yup! Pinkie Pie is here!”




After the party with Pinkie had passed, Rainbow had went to her bed to go to sleep while Twilight stayed awake for a little while to read Ready Pony One for the millionth time. Once she had finished the last chapter, she set it to the side and went to her bed. She yawned and put a sleep shade onto her eyes. She started to think of her daughter’s future, and how she would help her get there as she slowly drifted to sleep.

Author's Note:

Hopefully you all enjoyed this first chapter.

Depending on how many people enjoyed it, this will be the first story of a series of stories started by this chapter alone. Dying to hear more about Rainbow's Death and about the war? Need inside on how other ponies are taking this? Then be sure to support and give this story a thumbs up! This is only a mere taste of the pizza I'm cookin!

Comments ( 9 )

Feedback is much appreciated. Especially since I plan to do a lot with this story.

Wars have fallen onto Equestria for years, but once they're over Equastria falls into a peace period. Come read how our hero Twilight deals with her new rocky road of a peaceful life goes.

This description needs some work. The grammar isn't bad, but the phrasing is pretty confusing. Equestria is misspelled the second time it's mentioned (an understandable typo given the A's close proximity to E on the keyboard. :derpytongue2:), and it makes a specific request of the reader, which is a no-no. A good description will create intrigue in the reader, without making a direct request of them to read the story.

I'm no expert, but how about:

As peace returns to Equestria, Twilight Sparkle must adjust to a new life free of the struggles that come from living in a time of war.

Just an idea. :twilightblush:

This can be an interesting read, but the cover needs some tweaking if you want to attract more readers.

My 2 cents.

I'm gonna watch this and see where it goes.

Oh, and uh, get rid of that -boop- :pinkiesmile:

-boop!- :rainbowkiss:

That was good, would definitely read more. Can't add much more to what Whinifree wrote, except for that I'm not a fan of --------------------- line breaks. It just clutters up the text, especially on my phone.

Oh, and I wouldn't set conditions to writing related to how many people read or respond, if I were you. Write because you enjoy the act of writing. Stop whenever you deem a story finished. :pinkiesmile:

5896414
Wooow....
The setup is interesting so far. Not entirely my cup of tea (the fact RD got killed, is a bit annoying for me

It might be a good story with a good idea behind...
But the start is far too rushed. You merely skim over some of the most traumatizing experiences, like a news anchor.
Maybe you'll make this events as short, descriptive vivid dreams or flashbacks. This would definitively add to the experience.

Anyway - its on my tracking-list, waiting for more to come.

5896795 I skimmed over the war intentionally. I plan to have a prequel later on. I will write it during this story so that flashbacks can be possible.

Also I killed her off because for some unknown reason everyone loves her. I did it to show many people the severity of the situation. Would anyone cared if I were to kill off a simple background/side pony?

5897163
If you had slaughtered Vinyl Scratch for example, rampaging hordes with scythes and torches would siege your castle site... :rainbowlaugh:

However I don't have a problem with RD killed. I mean characters get killed all the time all over the site. Its just the rushed way it happened. A prequel may be a way to solve this issue. But right now it feels a bit unsatisfying this way.

5897350 Very intentional. There WILL be more about it later though. Flashbacks and Prequels included.

Looks like this is off to a great start so far. Still tracking. :twilightsmile:

5896414
You sir, have my attention! I hope soon that you shall have my interest.

basically really good start! Excellent rough draft of the first chapter, keep on editing and working hard on it and i could easily see this piece geting featured when its done.

Login or register to comment