• Published 5th Apr 2015
  • 924 Views, 1 Comments

Over the Everfree Wall - GameQubb



The Mane Six Pets must find a way out of the unknown part of the Everfree forest while avoiding the Beast.

  • ...
1
 1
 924

Chapter Two

The wind started to pick and all the wild life of the woods were minding their own business as the six pets of Ponyville continued to search for the way out of the Unknown.

All of the pets continued down the path they were sent on, not once looking back at the mill or the woods pony. The only thing that was different was their new found fear for what might happen to all of them. Since they were told that the Timber Wolf they encountered was not the beast the woods pony was talking about they became more cautious of their surroundings. Though even after what they've been through they still had to try and find a way back home.

As the sun finally appeared in the sky they were thinking over the events of last night that they nearly missed the cry of a small animal near a bush they were currently passing. Winona looked through the bush and saw a young phoenix tangled up in a bunch of branches. She reached in and, using her teeth to remove some of the branches, she pulled it out. "Are you OK," Winona asked the young phoenix.

"Yes I am," the young phoenix said while not looking at Winona or the others. "I don't how I got in there. I was just following someone and I must of lost track of where I was flying."

Owlowiscious flew up to them saying, "Well you're alright n-" One look at the phoenix and he immediately recognized him. "Peewee?"

Hearing that voice Peewee looked up and found the one he was looking for. "Owlowiscious?" He looked up and saw him. He flew up next to Owlowiscious and the two embraced each other on the spot.

Hearing Owlowiscious say that name made them all turn to his direction. "Peewee? Wait you mean Spike's pet," Angel asked.

Peewee's eyes went wide at that. He turned to the others asking, "Wait, you know Spike?"

"Well yes," Winona said to Peewee. "Since Owlowiscious is Twilight's pet he told us a lot about him since he's his owners personal assistant."

"I'm gonna walk over there," Angel said trying to escape the reunion.

Winona rolled her eyes at his action and said, "It amazes me that he acts like that with a name like that." She then turned to Peewee and saw that he was still holding onto Owlowiscious. "Seems you care a lot about him." Hearing that made Peewee blush and let go of Owlowiscious.

"Well yeah," Peewee said. "He's my big brother."

They all looked confused until Owlowiscious stepped in. "Well we're not blood related no but since Spike took him in I taught him a lot of things. Like how to fly and other things to help him grow smarter. Pretty soon I started to really like him and see him as my little brother." Owlowiscious finished by rubbing the top of Peewee's head with his left wing making them all awww at the scene in front of them.

Just as this was happening they heard Angel speak again saying, "Hey everyone come over here." This caught their attention and they all moved over to him to see a sign he was pointing out. "Looks like there is a town out here after all." With that they all went into the direction the sign pointed to.

"I can't wait to have myself be groomed," Opal said. "I feel dirty with all this dirt everywhere just trying to get in my fur."

A few minutes went by while they were all still walking down the path with Peewee now joining them. They came across a pumpkin patch which made them all relieved. After all how could all these pumpkins exist if there wasn't any pony around to plant them. Which brought a question to all of their minds that they didn't wanna spoil their relief by asking. If some pony planted them then where is this pony.

Peewee landed on Winona's back and asked, "Don't mind me asking but since you know me would it be alright if you tell me your names?"

"Only since you asked nicely and have great manners," Winona said making Peewee blush again. "Well I'm Winona, Applejack's pet."

"Nice to meet you."

"The cat over there is Opal, Rarity's pet. The tortoise over there is Tank, Rainbow Dash's pet."

"They seem interesting."

"The alligator over there is Gummy, no pun intended, Pinkie Pie's pet."

Peewee couldn't help but notice that Gummy seemed to be full of blank emotion and thought as it kept walking. "He seems weird."

"Tell me about it," Winona said looking at Gummy and his blank stare which made her shiver a bit. "And the rabbit there is Angel, Fluttershy's pet." She then started whispering, "Ironic name if you ask me." That however, got through to Angel as he stared at Winona and Peewee in disgust.

"I don't really like him."

"Yeah he can be mean at times even toward his owner," Winona said. "But once you get to know him he's alright."

Some time later all of the pets and Peewee made it to the town where they all hoped to find some pony to direct them home. Heck they would even except some pony to even let them have something to eat, however, there was just one problem. They've been there for about a couple minutes and they didn't see any sign of life. All the buildings and gardens were abandoned.

While searching Tank looked in through a building with the door open and saw a turkey in there. Confusing went through his mind but it was the best bet he received. "Excuse me but my friends and I are wondering if you know a way out of these woods?" Tank asked the turkey didn't say anything and just stared at Tank with the same blank expression that he always gets from Gummy. "Well is there any pony around here that might help us then?" The turkey didn't say anything but walked over to the window and pointed at a barn on the other side of town. "Um...thanks," Tank said leaving the building and rejoining his friends.

All of them gathered together and Owlowiscious asked, "Did anyone find anything useful?"

"A found a turkey that pointed us into that direction," Tank said pointing at the barn.

"Really!" Angel said not convinced. "A turkey said for us to go over there?"

"Are you doubting him?" Opal asked Angel quick to defend Tank.

"Oh I'm sorry was I upsetting your boyfriend?" Angel mocked which made Opal blush a little but kept her anger.

"Guys can we please stay focused here?" Winona stepped in front of them trying to stop the fighting. While looking at both Angel and Opal she quickly noticed that Gummy wasn't with them again. "Hey where's Gummy?" Winona asked making all of them look around for the missing alligator.

Peewee looked in the direction of the barn and found Gummy. "Look there he is," Peewee said pointing a wing at Gummy. They turned there heads and saw Gummy walking over to the barn without even looking back at the other pets.

Angel turned to Tank and said, "See what you did." Before Tank or Opal said anything he turned in the direction of Gummy and ran to him. Opal simply hissed at him and went on forward along with the rest of them.

As they neared the barn all of them started to hear music coming from the shack. It was almost like they heard a celebration was going on inside which would explain why there weren't any ponies around town. They were all inside the barn. The animals all looked inside the barn and what they saw couldn't be any more confusing and surprising then the fact of them wandering through an unknown part of the Everfree Forest.

They saw what looked a bunch of ponies with pumpkins on their heads and bodies with straw on their limbs. As they could tell they were all Earth Ponies since they couldn't see any horns or wings, but if there were any Unicorns or Pegasi then they would have been covered by the pumpkins. One look and they knew that this must have been a celebration when they saw some of the citizens, husking corn, peeling apples, playing musical instruments, bobbing for apples, and dancing. They also saw some of the citizens in the center of the barn running around a giant pumpkin hanging over their heads with straw all over it's body and some of it in their mouths while they are running.

One look at this and Angel couldn't take. "OK that's enough weirdness for today," Angel said about to leave.

Winona stopped him with her tail and turned him around. "Don't leave these ponies might be able to help us," Winona said dragging him back over to them.

"Really? You're going to ask them to help us," Angel asked irritated. "The ponies with pumpkins on their heads?"

"Just because they are like this doesn't make them any less helpful," Owlowiscious said pointing at them.

Angel still wasn't convinced and said, "It was already weird enough knowing that out here ponies can understand us but I'm not talking to any pony that thinks it's great to be dancing around looking like that."

Tank looked forward and saw that Gummy had walked in and was about to do something to one of the pumpkin headed ponies. "Wait Gummy get back here," Tank said making the others look at Gummy and run into the barn.

This grabbed the attention of the citizens and they all turned to see the animals enter the barn. They all seem to have just been staring at them with blank expressions that would put Gummy to shame, who was doing the same to all of them. Peewee got a little uncomfortable with this and said, "Sorry every pony we just wanted some help."

They all turned their heads to others while murmuring about what Peewee just said. Murmuring things like "Where did they come from?" "Why would they want to leave?" "Don't they look a bit early to join us?" Owlowiscious pulled Peewee into a one winged embrace and said to the ponies, "Yes we were wondering if any of you know how to get out of these woods." The pumpkin headed ponies turned their heads at the owl and stop murmuring. "You see we were just trying to find a way home and we thought that..."

Just then they heard the doors to the barn close and they all turned around to see two of the pumpkin headed ponies behind them. "What's the hurry?" They all turned back around to see who said that unsuccessfully. "This is a celebration of this years harvest." Neither of them could tell which one of them said that until they all turned to the direction of the giant pumpkin. They looked up at the pumpkin and saw, to their surprise, it moving downward staring at them.

They all looked around them to see all of them murmuring again. Winona decided to take charge and said, "Look we're sorry for interrupting your party but we really should be heading home so could any of you help us?"

They then stop murmuring and walked a little closer to them. All of them started to get freaked out until the big pumpkin in the center said, "Enough! Step away from them." They all obliged and stepped out of his way. They were about to thank him but he stopped them using some of the straw from his body as a makeshift foreleg. "However, I don't think I could let you go just yet. Because of you're crimes."

"Crimes! What crimes?" Owlowiscious was getting a little freaked out and tightened his embrace on Peewee. "We didn't do anything?"

"Nothing wrong," The giant pumpkin asked. "After seeing that you trespassed on our land, disturbed the peace of the town, and ruined the crops."

"What are you talking about," Opal asked shocked to hear that last part. "We didn't do anything to your crops?" That was until they heard something that sounded like munching and they turned around to find Angel eating a piece of pumpkin he must have taken from the pumpkin patch.

He looked at all of them suspiciously and swallowed. "I was hungry and these were the only things I could eat."

"Due to these crimes we sentence you to..." He paused for a moment for dramatic effect that did effect the animals. "A few hours of manual labor."

With that said all of them looked at each other out of confusion and Tank asked, "Is that it? That's we are given?"

The giant pumpkin stood up in attention. "I have spoken."


Owlowiscious, Peewee, Angel, Opal, Tank, and Winona have been doing nothing but work for the pumpkin ponies. Surprisingly even Gummy but not as much. They have been doing a lot of harvesting corn and pumpkins. When one of them would try to escape they were caught by one of the citizens of the town. None of them could escape together and take the one that catches them down since they were all chained with balled up chains that they kept for any turkeys they imprison.

After a few hours of none stop work they were down to their last job, digging holes. Opal was the one that has taken this work harder the most and moaned in pain. "I can't take much more of this," Opal wined. "I'm getting all sweaty from doing all this work."

"I agree with you," Winona said looking at Opal. "Not the work thing since I'm kinda used to this. But still we need to get out of here."

"And do what," Angel said sticking his head out of his hole. "Just blindly wandering around the woods since we still don't know how to get home. Why don't we just stay here where we will have a good life. It's better than starving in the woods."

"As much as I hate to admit it he's right," Owlowiscious said. "Except for the staying in this town part. We can't just wander around forever. There has to be something that can help us get home."

Peewee stood near Owlowiscious's hole and looked at the other holes in confusion. "Now that I think about it what is the point of all these holes anyway," Peewee asked. "Are they making us dig our own graves."

"That's ridiculous," Angel said. "Why would they make us do all that work and make us bury ourselves?"

Winona was busy looking through her hole when she saw something odd. She used her paws to dig up the rest of what was buried and what she dug up made her cringe in fear. "Maybe you should ask the one buried in here." They all looked at what she was talking about and saw to their horror a pony skeleton in Winona's hole.

They all stared at it with wide eyes and Opal nearly threw up at the sight but Gummy just kept staring at it. Angel turned to Peewee and said in a scared voice, "OK I'm sorry I doubted you. I was wrong."

Peewee smiled at Angel admitting he was wrong and Owlowiscious stared at him in surprise since he never heard anything like that coming from Angel's mouth. Peewee looked at his chain and used one of his talons to unlock it. After a minute it worked and he was free. He moved over to Owlowiscious's chain and did the same to him. While this was happening Tank looked at the path and saw the pumpkin headed ponies headed their way.

"Quick you gotta hurry their coming," Tank said hoping to be out of here before they show up.

"But wait we still don't know where to go," Angel said.

"Your time is up," They looked up and saw the giant pumpkin and the other citizens in front of them. "Your work is finished. Have you dug up the holes?"

Angel looked nervous and said, "Um...yes we did."

One of the citizens walked up toward them and said, "Well good now we shoul-"

"But you can't come over here just yet."

"Why not?"

Angel looked at the others nervously hoping for anyone to say something to convince them to not look at Peewee helping them escape. Tank looked down at Peewee who was now unlocking his chain. "I'm almost done keep stalling him."

"Um...the problem is that there is a whole bunch of rocks in these holes we dug up and we are now working on removing them for you," Tank said as Peewee finished unlocking his chain and moved over to Opal. "I mean you wouldn't want any rocks in the way of these holes now would you?"

"Well I guess we wouldn't want any," One of the ponies said.

Angel stepped in and said, "Exactly which is the reason why you shouldn't bother us right now. Don't worry me and my friends will-" He turned and saw that they were all gone. He was both impressed that Peewee managed to unlock all of their chains so fast but always angry that he didn't unlock his.

"So what about the rocks?"

"Well you see...what needs to happen...is-" He turned around when he heard something and saw another weird sight. The skeleton Winona dug up got out of it's hole and for some reason started dancing. Instead of the other ponies getting confused by this they all just ran toward it greeting it. "What the heck?" He then saw the skeleton grab a pumpkin with a face on it and place it on it's head. It then jumped into another pumpkin and used it as a body covering. He looked at the rest of the citizens and knew what was going on. "They're all skeletons!"

"What a great harvest this was," the giant pumpkin said. He then looked over at Angel and said, "Are you sure you still want to leave?"

"Of course I do," Angel said half angry at what he asked.

"Really," the giant pumpkin wondered to himself. "Alright then but know that soon you and your friends will join us." Angel looked kinda scared at that. "If it's a way out you want then just follow that path up the hill there." He pointed at the hill with his straw leg.

"Angel what are you still doing here," He looked and saw Peewee and Winona in the bushes.

He started getting a look of a mixture of annoyance and frustration. "What are you talking about," He said frustrated. "All of you left me behind." Winona then pointed at his paw and he looked to see that he was also free from his chain. "Oh."

"Until then," The three of them looked up at the giant pumpkin as he turned his back at them. "I'll be waiting to see you all in the next life." With that said the three of them joined the others and out of the town.

Angel, Winona, and Peewee soon joined the others in the woods and the rest of them were relieved to see nothing bad happen to them. "It's about time you showed up Angel," Opal said.

"Yeah we thought something bad happened to you back there," Tank said.

"That still doesn't excuse you for leaving me there without telling me to start running," Angel yelled at them. They were about to say sorry when he interrupted them and said, "Save it. Your just lucky I was still there. Reason why is because that giant pumpkin guy said to follow the path up the hill." He pointed at the hill at the end of the trail.

Peewee looked a bit worried about what he said. "Are you sure we should go that way since the pumpkin told you?"

"That's gonna have to be a risk to take," Owlowiscious said. All seven animals began walking the trail which lead to the hill. "After all it's probably better than the directions that the woods pony gave us."

As they walked down the path Gummy stopped to listen to something. He could sworn that he heard something that sounded like dark laughter in the distance, but kept his pace.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait I just had a lot of other stories to write, video games to play, etc.

Anyway now that I think about it I think I'm going to start writing some original chapters for this story since I think I could make this story longer. Until then thank you for sticking around for the story and see you next chapter.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment