• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 1,613 Views, 95 Comments

A Certain Urge - TheUnknownPerson



Sequel to, "Ignorance is Bliss..."/// After Pinkie finds out her family's darkest secret, she has to deal with feelings of jealous for her pegasus friends. Will these feelings subside, or will they turn into something more sinister?

  • ...
3
 95
 1,613

XVI: Epilogue

Fluttershy woke up from a surprisingly blissful sleep. She turned her head to the corner of the room where Rainbow Dash usually sat, but she wasn't there.

"Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy called out as she slowly leaned up from the bed. Rainbow Dash was nowhere to be seen. She tried to listen outside to see if she was doing something or talking to somepony, but the hospital was unusually very busy. However, Fluttershy able to point out at least one voice in the busy hospital outside of her room.

"Hello, madam. May I see my friend Fluttershy?"

"Let's see... you'll have... at least a couple of hours with her before visiting hours are over. She's in the room over there."

"Marvelous. Thank you."

Fluttershy waited for a moment for Rarity to enter the room.

"Hello, Fluttershy. How are you feeling, darling?" Rarity asked as she entered the room.

"Better. I-I'm not hurting as bad as I was." Fluttershy said as she began to stroke her mane softly, straightening her messy mane out.

"Wonderful. The Weather Patrol requested she come in and work for the time being, so she sent me over to stay with you until she gets finished up there." Rarity said as she sat in one of the chairs in the corner, crossing her hind-hooves as she sat.

"Okay..."

"Do you need or want me to grab anything for you?"

"Um... if you don't mind, I'd like something to eat or drink."

"I don't mind at all. I'll be back in a moment with some refreshments." Rarity said as she got up from the chair and went outside. The room actually became peaceful for a moment.

"Dr. Horse, please report to the front desk."

Fluttershy relaxed her head and rested her eyes. She began to wonder about why they needed Dr. Horse. Rarity reentered the room, holding a small, plastic plate with a few berries and an apple with a milk carton at the side.

:"Here you go, dear." Rarity said that she sat the plate in front of Fluttershy.

"Thank you." Fluttershy said as she picked up the apple and bit into it's core, the sweetness of apple giving moister to her previously dry throat.

"We have three code blues coming in from the Pie Rock Farm."

Fluttershy choked on a chunk of the apple as the message went over the intercom. She quickly opened up the milk carton and took a gulp out of it, washing down the pieces of the apple.

"Everything fine, darling?"

"Um... y-yes."

Isn't that Pinkie's family farm? What happened there?!

===============

Pinkamena sat down in a small embankment beside a small gravely path. The sun had risen and was almost overhead, and the shadows of the road above enveloping her in darkness. Strands of her mane stuck out of place, displaying her exhaustion.

Well... are you happy?!

...

You've hurt my entire family and mentally scarred one of my younger sisters. So, tell me, was it worth it?

Pinkamena didn't know the answer to that question. Pinkamena just sat there, staring at the gravel.

I... I don't know...

What do you mean, "I don't know"? You went through all that trouble, injured my entire family, and you have no idea what you feel?!

I just don't know, Pinkie... I thought I'd feel better. Hay, I thought I'd be rejoicing that the people who's haunted my memories for so long would know what I felt, but I don't even know what I'm feeling.

Pinkamena picked up a small rock and inspected it. She began to continuously toss it up into her hoof. catching it each time.

Do you realize what you've done to Marble? She's scarred! You've showed her something that she'll never forget!

"Shut up..."

You've done something to her that she'll remember forever!

"Pinkie, shut up..." Pinkamena said, her patience wearing thin.

You've done to her what mom, dad, and Maud did to you!

"I said shut up!" Pinkamena said as she threw the pebble towards the embankment. It smashed into small pieces. Pinkie stopped talking.

"Do you honestly think that I wanted to do that?! That I wanted to scar her?! I feel terrible, okay?! Is that what you wanted to hear?! Yes, I, Pinkamena Diane Pie, feel terrible for scarring her!"

...

Are you happy now?!

I mean, you just killed my older sister, scarred one of my younger ones, and injured my mom and dad... I was crying while you made me watch them.

"I... I don't know anymore Pinkie." Pinkamena said as she ran her hooves through her hair.

You killed my sister...

"I know..."

===============

Pinkie sat in the corner of her prison, silently crying. She had just saw her sister being brutally stabbed to death.

"I'm sorry Maud..." Pinkie quietly said.

Pinkie's will remained strong, although her sanity had been beaten and bruised. Pinkamena hadn't broken her just yet.

They deserved it...

"Are you serious right now?! Marble didn't deserve to see that! No pony deserved what I got!" Pinkie called out, her voice echoing.

...

================

Pinkamena didn't know how to respond. She just sat there, staring at the rocks.

"We need to get these ponies to the hospital fast. They aren't gonna surv-" A stallion with a brown, short mane and a black coat said, pulling the cart. Pinkamena got as low to the ground as she could. She made sure she wasn't in sight from the road.

"Shh!" The mare scolded her stallion counterpart. "It's all right, you two... they'll feel better once we get them to the hospital." A mare with a long, parted green mane and a yellow coat said. She was trotting beside the stallion, pulling the cart with him. The squeaking of the old cart's wheels were hidden behind her voice.

"T-thank you..." A mare stood up on the back off the cart, her grey coat splattered with blood. Her mane covered the right side of her face, and had somehow managed to remain clean.

Is that Marble?!

"Hey, are they gonna be okay?"

And Limestone...

"I... I don't know what to tell you. All I can say is that they'll have a better chance if we get them to the hospital as soon as possible." The mare said. Her voice began to grow distant from Pinkamena. After a moment or two, she peeked over the embankment. She saw a mare and a stallion, pulling a wooden cart with Marble and Limestone on the back of it. They were blocking her view of the other passengers on the cart. Pinkamena presumed that it was Maud, Cloudy, and Igneous on the back. She ducked back under the embankment.

Please let them make it to the hospital...

It isn't looking very likely.

I know... I just hope that they make it.

After a few minutes, Pinkamena climbed back onto the main road and began to slowly trail behind the cart.

What are you doing? Are you trying to get yourself caught?

You know another way to Las Pegasus besides this one?

...

That's what I thought.

Pinkamena continued down the path, making sure that the cart and her had as much space as possible. She stayed close to the embankment in case she needed to get out of sight quickly and made sure to stay out of the sight of Marble and Limestone. Suddenly, Pinkamena felt her whole body become stiff.

Not yet, Pinkie. Not just yet.

You've already done enough... please. Could you just let me have control?

You aren't getting control back until tomorrow unless I let you, and that's not gonna happen.

"Sister, do you see th-that p-pony?"

Pinkamena jumped back down to the embankment and ducked down.

"Now that you mention it, I thought I saw somepony following us."

Oh no.

"Everything okay back there?"

"Uhhhh... where are we?"

==============

Marble looked back at the row of injured ponies, her father being the closest to her.

"F-Father--" "Father! Are you okay? What happened?" Limestone interrupted Marble and nearing knocking her and Igneous' hate off the cat, leaning onto her father. Igneous groaned in pain, causing Marble and Limestone both to jerk away.

"I-I've been better, my fillies. Please don't touch my chest."

"S-sorry." Marble said as she backed away from her father.

"It's fine... where are we?" Igneous said as he began to look around. His eyes widen as he saw his wife and his first daughter laying beside him, both of them being battered, bruised, and cut.

"Cloudy... Maud..." Igneous said as he weakly reached one of his fore-hooves towards them both. He suddenly felt a bolt of pain shoot through his hoof and jerked it back to its prior position.

"Father, don't over exert yourself. We found someponies that'd help us."

"Okay. Lean in towards me, both of you. I have to tell you something." Igneous whispered. Marble did as she was told and leaned in towards his mouth. Limestone followed.

"Are you sure we can trust these ponies?"

"They were the only one's we could find so quickly. We wanted to find somepony else, but they were the only one's passing by." Limestone said. Igneous nodded.

"It's all right, dear. But if anything happens that seems suspicious, I want you and Limestone to run away from them as fast as you can." .

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that father. Trust me." Limestone twisted her neck, releasing some cracks from the joints.

"F-Father, are y-you all gonna b-be all ri-right?" Marble managed to speak up. The whole situation had made her social anxiety worse.

"I don't know dear... I wish I could say for certain, but I honestly don't know." Igneous said. Marble and Limestone both became slightly scared by this. It seemed to put a damper on their conversation.

============

Pinkamena followed behind in the embankment.

At least dad's awake...

Pinkamena ignored Pinkie and continued to follow behind them.

=============

Fifteen Minutes Later

Marble sat back down at the back of the cart beside Limestone. The ride had been quiet ever since they realized that their family may not make it through the day alive

"Marble... can I ask you a question?"

"Mmhm."

"What do you think will happen?" Limestone asked. Marble sat there for a moment and thought about it.

"I-I don't kn-know... I-I hope they'll be all right." Marble said honestly.

"Oh... okay." Limestone said as she looked at the dirt on the ground below.

"..."

"..."

Marble began to scratch her hind-hooves against the cart. It kept her mind off of the situation she was in. Unfortunately, some thoughts of what she saw Pinkie do slipped through the cracks.

Why did she do it? She didn't seem angry earlier...

Marble looked back at her family. She saw how much pain had been inflicted on them.

I just hope they'll be better once we get to the hospital.

"Okay everypony, we're almost at the intersection that leads into Ponyville, so we'll be there soon!"

Marble looked at the pair of ponies pulling the cart.

"Thank you... both of you."

"It's all right, sweetheart. We'll get your parents and your sister to the hospital soon."

==============

Pinkamena entered the intersection along with the cart.

Just gotta let them pass by first...

The cart did as it was predicted and passed by Pinkamena. She let a few moments pass by before she got back up on the path and looked at the road sign that she had seen the first time she had entered Las Pegasus.

You'd better not even think about hurting Cheese Sandwich or another one of my friends.

Don't worry, Pinkie... my blood-lust has been sated for now. Besides, I have no time to waste.

Pinkamena began to walk down the long path back to Las Pegasus. She knew Cheese Sandwich would get suspicious if he didn't hear from Pinkie soon.

============

Fluttershy leaned back and felt the pillow hit the back of her head. Her thoughts were clear and her mind was calm. The room was quiet, aside from Rarity occasionally flipping through the pages of a fashion magazine.

I'm so glad that the mares have been here for me through this whole thing... I might be ready to tell them that it was Pinkie. At least one o them.

Fluttershy's mind began to fill with the memories of the night. They disturbed her.

I still can't comprehend why Pinkie would do that to anypony...

Fluttershy began to try and think of reasons why Pinkie would do such a horrendous act, but every time she never really could come up with a clear explanation. Suddenly, she heard something come over the intercom.

"Three code blues coming via cart. E.T.A five minutes."

Were those the same ones as earlier? The ones from the Pie Rock Farm?

Fluttershy began to wonder if Pinkie had done something to her family.

She did have that dream, but she'd never do something like that to her own family.

She agreed with that statement for a moment until she realized something that contradicted it.

She did it to me.

=============

Marble looked around the unfamiliar surroundings. The large amount of different ponies they passed by overwhelmed her for a moment, staring at them. She stuck close to Limestone, allowing her shoo them away.

"Okay, we should be at the hospital any minute now..."

"Thank you... you have no idea how much my family appreciates it. Both of you." Igneous weakly said. A few moments later, they were met with different doctors and nurses putting them on to stretchers and levitating them into the hospital.

=============

Fluttershy sat calmly in her room. Rarity had to go outside for a moment to see what was going on the hospital. It had just had a surge in activity in the past half-hour.

"Hello again, madam. I have two questions I must ask you. When are the visiting hours over and what's causing that commotion over there?"

"Well, you'll have a hour before visiting hours are over and I can't go into to much detail about what's going on over there. All I can say is that someone got stabbed."

"Oh my... that's terrible!"

"Quite. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to help the doctor.:

"Okay, thank you! Ta-ta!"

Rarity reentered the room and sat down at the corner.

"So... i-is everything okay out there?"

"Well... there's apparently someponies who's been stabbed. But don't worry, we're safe here."

"Who was it?" Fluttershy asked once more.

"I don't know. It may have been those ponies that the nurses were announcing earlier." Rarity said. Suddenly, lots of nurses and Dr. Horse pasted by. They were pushing three stretchers with three dull-colored ponies laying on it.

The commotion died out as quickly as it had begun.

"Well, that certainly doesn't sound well."

"Yes... it didn't."

==============

Marble and Limestone had been lead into a small room with a glass window that showed the front office. The room was filled with grey chairs, nearly empty. The room lacked any color, except the for the red letters stuck on the window that showed it was a waiting room. They took a seat in front of the door, sitting beside each other.

"..."

"Sister?" Limestone asked as she sat down in a small chair at the side of the room.

"Mmhm?" Marble sat down beside her

"Do you think they'll be all right?"

"I-I think that they'll be better now that we're in the hospital."

"Okay." Limestone said. She began to fiddle around with her hooves. For awhile, they just sat there, nervously thinking about their parents and their sister. Marble hadn't been this scared in her entire life.

"I'm scared, Limestone..." Marble admitted, her voice trembling.

"Don't worry, I kinda am too."

Marble and Limestone sat quietly, both very fearful.

"Marble... can I ask you a question?"

"Mmhm."

"What did you see when you went into mother and fathers' room?" Limestone asked. Marble glanced away, unwilling to talk about it. She shook her head.

"What happened? Tell me." Limestone asked. Before Marble could answer, the nurse who had taken them to the room entered and came up to them.

"Hey you two... I have some news to tell you." The nurse said. From her tone, the news wasn't something to become happy about.

"Okay." Marble and Limestone said simultaneously.

"Your father is all right. He'll just need to get stitched up and get disinfected and he'll be good. As for your mother and sister..." The nurse trailed off, obviously dreading the upcoming conversation.

"Tell us."

"Your mother and sister needs to go to surgery. Look, I'm not trying to be harsh or be the bearer of bad news but... you may need to say goodbye to them." The nurse finished. It hurt her to say those words, especially to the two young mares. Marble's eyes welled with tears. Limestone shook her head.

"No... no! I don't believe this!" Limestone kicked the chair in protest. "This can't be happening..." Limestone sighed, wiping her eyes. Disbelief washed over her.

"Once again, I'm so sorry, but we need to see them now before they go into surgery."

"O-okay. Show us to them.

"Okay. Follow me please." The nurse said as she began to lead them outside of the room. Marble and Limestone followed behind. After a few moments, they reached a room with their mother and their eldest sister.

"Hey you two..." Cloudy said, her voice soft from her weakened state. Her hooves, stomach, and head were wrapped in bloody bandages.

Marble looked at her injured mother, her eyes filled with tears.

"I... I'm gonna leave you two. Make sure not to hit any of the tubes or wires connected to her." The nurse said, her voice filled with sorrow and compassion. The nurse left the room, closing the door behind her.

"How are you two?"

"Um... I-I..." Marble stumbled over her words, struggling to keep tears from pouring from her eyes.

"Its all right, dear. Come here." Cloudy said as she motioned for her to come closer. Marble immediately rushed up to her, wrapping her in a hug. Limestone stayed back, as she somehow managed to keep her composure.

"M-mother... I'm afraid... I-I'm so afraid." Marble sobbed, tears flowing down her face. She could no longer contain herself.

"I... I am as well... but, I want you to be brave. I know you have it in you, my sweet mare." Cloudy kissed her daughter's forehead before glancing up to Limestone.

"It's all right, Limestone. You can come over here too."

Limestone didn't wait a moment more. She rushed to her mother's right side, nearly collapsing at her side. Cloudy held her right fore-hoof as tears rolled down her snout and splashed onto the bed.

"I-I'm so sorry mother. I should've done something."

"Don't blame yourself, dear. There was nothing you could've done."

"I can't believe this is happening..."

"Don't worry, my dear. We'll be fine and back at the rock farm before you know it." Cloudy said. Limestone nodded.

"I love you both, so much. But your time's almost up here, so I want you two to go speak with Maud before the nurse comes back in, okay?" Cloudy said. They nodded, and began to move over the Maud.

Maud's condition was incredibly bad; there was a breathing tube that was stuck inside her mouth, her hooves had been bandaged extensively, her head had been wrapped in bandages, and her stomach and chest were wrapped in bandages.

"Maud?" Marble asked, trying to grab her attention if she could hear her(somehow).

"Maud, if you can hear us, we love you." Limestone said as her and Marble gave her a small hug. Marble swore she felt one of Maud's hind-hooves move.

"Well... goodbye, Maud." Marble said as a few tears leaking from her eyes. After another moment savored, Marble and Limestone jumped off the bed and went over to the nurse. She had wiped her tears away and appeared to recompose herself.

"C... could we see our father?"

"Of course, sweetheart. Follow me." The nurse said as she walked out of the room. Marble and Limestone followed behind. After a moment of walking through the busy hospital halls, they arrived at their father's room.

"Hello, you two." Igneous said as he sat in his bed. His missing ear and stomach was wrapped in bandages and his usual hat sat on the table beside him.

"H-hello father." Marble said as she and Limestone entered the room.

"So... how's your mother?" Igneous asked as he leaned up. Limestone trotted up to him.

"She's... not too good, to be honest father." Limestone said, coming within proximity of her sister. Marble wiped her eyes. Igneous noticed her.

"Come here." Igneous said as he slowly leaned down. Marble trotted up to him and wrapped him in a hug.

"F-Father..."

"Yes, child?"

"Will m-mother be all right?"

"I... I don't know child. All we can do is hope..."

==================

Pinkamena entered Las Pegasus after a long day of trotting through a dusty road.

Finally...

Pinkamena looked around for the street Cheese Sandwich's house was on, but she couldn't find it.

Do you know where Cheese's house is, Pinkie?

I do, but I'm not telling unless you give me control.

Pinkamena let out a groan of annoyance.

Pinkie... just tell me.

How do I know that you won't hurt him?!

Because, I've been satisfied. I'm not going to kill anypony for now...

Still not telling you. You hurt my entire family, whether it be directly or indirectly!

Grrrr... no. You aren't going to get me angry. I just need to look for that street-sign.

Pinkamena began to walk past dozens of ponies, looking for Trotting Street. After a few minutes of searching, there was no sign with that name.

What do you want me to do...

Seems like the roles have been reversed. I want you to apologize for hurting my family.

"I'd never..." Pinkamena quietly said.

Looks like you aren't getting the street name then...

I'll apologize for hurting Marble and Limestone, but I'll never apologize for doing that to Maud and the rest! They deserved every ounce of pain they got!

Well... I'll be fair... they did deserve some sort of punishment, but not something so horrific!

The only way to teach them what they did wrong is to give them a taste of their own medicine. Say that Gummy or whatever that dumb alligator is called grew a tooth and began to bite you. Would you just sit by and let him do it, or would you give him a smack to teach him not to do it?

Well... I wouldn't smack him... but I'd teach him not to do it.

You're impossible to argue with... just give me the street name!

I could say the same about you, and no.

Pinkamena groaned and began to trot down the sidewalk, looking for some sort of road sign that told her where she was.

Look, I'm sorry for hurting Marble and Limestone, okay?

Fine... I'll give you one-fifth of the street name then. Tr...

Jeez... thanks. That'll help me so much.

I hope you're annoyed. I honestly do. You deserve this and more...

Pinkamena began to look around for any street sign with, "Tr" in it. After a moment she finally found a street sign that contained the two letters.

Trotting St.

Finally...

Pinkamena, just don't hurt him...

I'm not, Pinkie. He hasn't done anything to deserve my scorn.

Pinkamena trotted down the street and went towards Cheese Sandwich's house. She walked up to the door and knocked. No pony answered. She entered the house and began to look around.

"Cheese? Ya here?" Pinkamena called out, pretending to be Pinkie. Once again, no pony answered.

Guess he's out.

Pinkamena shut the front door and trotted upstairs. Once she reached the top of the stairs, she trotted into the guest bedroom and laid down on the bed.

Looks like you're gonna be stuck with me for awhile.

I've already been stuck with you long enough... just let me have control. Please?

Not happening. That potion won't wear off until tomorrow.

==============

Marble woke up in a chair beside her father and her sister. They had apparently fell asleep. The ordeal had taken a lot out of them both. She stared up at her father's face and saw that his face was stained with tears.

"What's wrong, father?" Marble asked in a soft voice.

"Oh, sorry dear. Did I wake you?"

"No, father. What's wrong?" Marble asked once more.

"Well... the nurse just came in here and told me some news about your mother and your sister." Igneous said. Marble felt a lump form in her throat and she began to get a bad feeling.

"W-what did she say?"

"Well... your mother's surgery was successful. She just needs to rest for awhile. But your sister..." Igneous stopped and covered his mouth with his left fore-hoof.

"... your sister is asleep." Igneous said. Marble looked up at her father, her vision clouded by tears. She felt tears pour down her face.

"No, no! Not like that!" Igneous said, trying to make his daughter feel better. He quickly hugged her, trying to correct his mistake.

"She's in a... a coma."

"What's that?" Marble asked, feeling her sadness slightly dull.

"She's not gonna wake up for awhile, but she's alive." Igneous said. Marble felt some of the weight lift off of her shoulders.

"That's good, father."

"Yes... it's not very good, but its better than her not being with us."

============

I wish I had control! I swear... if I could get my hooves on you...

...

Can you even imagine how much you hurt Marble and Limestone?!

No...

Exactly! You've hurt my friends... my family... countless animals... I don't even know how to cope with this. I just wish that you'd just go away!

I could say the same about you. I wish I would've thought of you...

Likewise... wait. What are you talking about? I'm the one who's always been here.

No, I'm the one who's always been here. I'm just the more serious and mature. Well, I am now. I wasn't back then.

No, you haven't.

Yes, I have. I just thought of you as an imaginary friend.

You're messing with me...

No, I am not. After what those monsters did to me, I couldn't handle reality without my wings. They made me forget that night for a long while, but they could never make me forget of when I had my wings. So, I came up with an imaginary friend. You.

Stop lying! I've always been the one who's been here!

You were my coping mechanism. Whenever I'd think of my wings, you'd appear. You'd always try to make do such stupid and silly things that I'd forget about how much pain I was in... then, you wanted more control.

Stop!

You became more predominate in my personality and my life. After you got your cutie mark, I pretty much pushed into the back of your mind. I tried to regain control, but you'd always best me in some way. After awhile, I went into a deep sleep, never to be seen again. Well, until you remembered that dream.

You're lying!

The funny thing is dear, I'm not.

Shut up! I've always been here and I always will be!

Or so you think. If I can regain control of you and keep control of you for a certain amount of time, lets say a few days to a week, you'll fall into a deep sleep like I did.

Stop lying, you big jerk!

Imagine that, being in total darkness for an unknown amount of time while having somepony you don't like control every aspect of your life. Scary, isn't it?

Shut up!

And unless you can put up a big fight, its going to happen to you.

You're lying!

You'll have to put up a big fight to conquer something like that. The real question is, are you up to that fight? Because I certainly am.

================

Author's Note:

There is the possibility of another sequel, but it isn't coming immediately after this story. There's another dark story I've been working on behind the scenes. I hope you enjoy this.

Comments ( 13 )

Moar, moar, moa, moar, moar...

Comment posted by TheUnknownPerson deleted May 2nd, 2015

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls! I'm happy to announce that the first chapter to the sequel will come out either tomorrow or Monday!

5933443 ...
I don't want to be rude, but... It's been three days...

5945059 For what? The sequel? Its up. Here's the link. And you weren't being rude.

6058726 Possibly... :pinkiecrazy::pinkiesad2:

Do, what did you think of this one?

6086869 Yeah. Could you point me into any phrases that I could've put their genders incorrectly? I apologize for the inconvenience.

i feel like pinkie's family deserves this and that my total lack of sympathy for them is justified since i dont know THY CUT THEIR OWN DAUGHTER'S WINGS OFF! seriously its all their fault if they hadnt done that then this wouldnt happen. i still love you maud but you deserved that fate sorry. then i come to the conclusion you either don't like pinkie or you do like her and you enjoy making her suffer XD

6108104 The first option. She's funny, but she can become a bit annoying.

6108507
So this is a hate fic? eh whatever i dont care i find pinkamena hot anyway. because pinkamena is pretty hot XD

6109592 Nah. It just popped into my head one night and I decided to write. I feel indifferent towards Pinkie.

Login or register to comment