• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 1,607 Views, 95 Comments

A Certain Urge - TheUnknownPerson



Sequel to, "Ignorance is Bliss..."/// After Pinkie finds out her family's darkest secret, she has to deal with feelings of jealous for her pegasus friends. Will these feelings subside, or will they turn into something more sinister?

  • ...
3
 95
 1,607

II: Apologies

Author's Note:

Hello. Thank you for all the follows and like that I get on this story and my previous story. Hopefully you enjoy this.

Pinkie forced her eyes open. She took a moment to collect herself after the very deep sleep. Once her body decided to wake up and join the rest of her, she realized that she felt something scaly on her chest and something wet on her hoof. Pinkie looked down and saw her beloved pet, Gummy snugged between her hoof and her chest.

I hope that the wet feeling is from Gummy chewing on me. Not from something else...

Not wanting to wake her lovable pet, Pinkie relaxed her body and laid her head back down. Pinkie turned her head to look at the alarm-clock on her nightstand. It read, "7:45 A.M".

Today the shop's closed. I'm gonna get up in a minute. I'm just so tired.

Pinkie shut her eyes and prepared to drift off to sleep. Unfortunately, Gummy wouldn't agree to that plan. He started to chew on her hoof. Pinkie moved her hoof away from his mouth, but he'd just move over in his sleep and begin to chew on it again. She then grabbed a small pillow and put it beside Gummy, hoping that he'd take that in place of her hoof. Thankfully, he did. Pinkie let out a small sigh of relief and continued to try and sleep. Pinkie then remember something that she had put on her check list of to-dos.

Oh wait! I forgot! I was gonna make Fluttershy and Angel a huge carrot cake to apologize for... um... bucking her and Angel.

Pinkie gently got up from the bed, being careful not to wake up Gummy. She tip-hoofed to door and gently shut the door. Pinkie then rushed down stairs towards the kitchen. Mr. and Mrs. Cake were already downstairs, sitting at the kitchen table talking.

I'm sure that they won't mind if I use the kitchen for today.

Pinkie picked up some sugar, flour, eggs, carrots, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla from the storage area. Not enough to where they'd need to order more supplies for tomorrow when the shop opens, but just enough to make a medium, sized cake.

"And... time to bake a yummy cake for Fluttershy!" Pinkie said to herself.

=================

Pinkie let out a small sigh as she pulled the cake out of the oven. She sat it out on the counter and waited for it to cool.

How am I going to apologize to Fluttershy? I mean, I did buck her and her pet in the face... how do I word it?

Pinkie leaned against the counter. She had to let the cake cool so she could frost it, so that gave her a good while to think an apology.

"Hey, Fluttershy. I'm sorry about bucking you and Angel." Pinkie quietly said to herself, testing out that apology.

Too short. It makes it seem insincere.

"Hello, Flutters. You have no idea how sorry I am about hurting you. I feel so bad about it!" Pinkie tried again.

No.... that'd make Fluttershy feel like she made me sad.

"Hey, 'Shy. I made you a cake as an apology for hurting you and Angel in the face. I'm sorry about it. I don't know what came over me." Pinkie tried once more.

Perfect!

Pinkie went over to a small cabinet and opened it. Inside there were at least 20 different icings. She decided to grab the vanilla icing and some carrot icing. Pinkie opened a drawer under the cabinet and pulled out a cake-froster and a small spatula. She then proceeded to frost the cake with the vanilla icing and she spread it out with the spatula. Then, she used the cake-froster and the to write out in big lettering wrote, "I'M SORRY". It looked perfect.

It looks so good! Good job, me!

Pinkie mentally gave herself a high-hoof as she looked around for something to put it in. She found one as Mr. Cake entered.

"Um, Pinkie? What are you doing?"

"Oh, hello Mr. Cake! I baked a cake for my friend, Fluttershy. I'm just looking for something to carry it in..." Pinkie replied as she searched through cabinets.

"Oh, well that was nice of you. There's some extra cake containers in the top-right cabinet." Mr. Cake said as he went upstairs.

"Ok. Thank you Mr. Cake!" Pinkie said as she looked where Mr. Cake had told her to.

He was definitely right... they have lots of extras in here.

Pinkie carefully put the cake into the container and closed the top of the container. She draped the container's handle over her neck and made sure that the cake couldn't accidentally get knocked over inside of the container.

"Mrs. Cake, I'll be back in awhile! I'm going to go visit my friend!" Pinkie called out.

"Ok, Pinkie!" Mrs. Cake called back as Pinkie exited the bakery.

=================

Pinkie walked down the path to Fluttershy's cottage. Her trip had been a long one, mainly because she talked to some of her friends she had met on the trip towards the modest cottage.

I hope they like this. I feel so bad for doing that to her.

As Pinkie approached the cottage, she saw a familiar red-colored pony exit the cottage.

I wonder what Big Macintosh is doing at Fluttershy's cottage...

"Hi, Big Macintosh."

Big Mac nodded in acknowledgement.

"So, I guess you were just talking to Fluttershy."

"Eeyup"

"Was it good?"

"Eeyup."

"What were you two talking about?" Pinkie asked, This seemed to strike a nerve with Big Macintosh.

Big Mac remained silent for a moment. Pinkie swore she saw his the color of coat around his muzzle get even redder than it already was.

"Nothin'"

"Okay... well, I'm gonna go give her some cake I fixed for her." Pinkie said.

"Alright." Big Macintosh said as he trotted towards the Apple Farm.

I have a feeling there's something going on between those two...

Pinkie walked up the porch steps and knocked on the door. After a few moments of waiting, Fluttershy opened the door. Well, she didn't open the door, she just cracked it slightly.

"Oh, h-hello Pinkie."

"Hi, Fluttershy! Could I come in?"

"Of course." Fluttershy said as she opened the door. Pinkie walked in and trotted to the kitchen. She then sat the cake down on the counter and returned to the living room.

"How's it going, 'Shy?"

"Oh, all right... just helping Angel with his bed."

"Oh, cool! Can I help?"

"Um... me and Angel already finished. Speaking of him, where is Angel?" Fluttershy said as she looked around the room. Suddenly, Angel jumped out from under the couch and got in front of Pinkie. He had his paws up in a fighting position.

"Oh, don't worry, silly! I'm not gonna hurt you or Fluttershy! In fact, I came to apologize for hurting you two earlier. I even got you two a present." Pinkie said as she lowered her head down to Angel. He had an intrigued look on his face, but he still had his paws up, slightly bouncing in place.

"It's a cake..." Pinkie said. Angel stumbled for a moment, but quickly got back to his fighting stance.

"Aw, Pinkie. Y-you shouldn't have." Fluttershy said, connecting the dots from when she came in with the container.
"Its a carrot cake." Pinkie said in a playfully. In a moment's notice, Angel rushed into the kitchen. Pinkie and Fluttershy followed behind him. When they entered the kitchen, Angel Bunny was trying to pull the top of the container off.

"I'll get it for you, Angel." Fluttershy said as she pulled the top of the container off. Angel jumped into the top of cake. A few seconds later, he popped out of the side. Pinkie laughed as she saw him.

"Angel, please get out of there. I'll fix you a slice." Fluttershy said as she went over to a drawer and pulled out a dull blade. Like last time, Pinkie became scared. She immediately took her eyes away from Fluttershy and looked at Angel. He was excitedly licking the cake and icing from his paws. That seemed to distracted Pinkie, because she started to giggle. Then the giggle turned into full-blown laughter.

"Pinkie, do you want a slice too?"

"Yes!" Pinkie said through her laughter.

Fluttershy obliged and cut three medium sized slices out of cake. She then pulled three small plates out from under the counter and put the slices onto them.

"O-okay. Its ready you two." Fluttershy said as she picked up two plates and handed one to Pinkie and sat the other in front of Angel. Pinkie wiped tears away from her eyes before accepting it.

Fluttershy and Pinkie decided to head to the living room. Things would be much more comfortable in there.

They both sat down at the couch. For a few moments they just sat there in silence.

"Um... Fluttershy..." Pinkie said nervously.

"Y-yes Pinkie?"

"I-I'm sorry about... bucking you and Angel."

"Oh, i...its alright Pinkie. I know you didn't mean to."

"Thank you. And Fluttershy, I'm sorry for scolding you. I don't know what came over me."

"It's okay Pinkie. You were u-under a lot of pressure." Fluttershy said as she nibbled on her slice of cake.

Pinkie felt a lot better now that she had forgiven her. A lot of weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. Pinkie still had another question on her mind.

"Flutters, there's another thing I have to ask you."

"Okay Pinkie. Ask."

"Why was Big Macintosh here?" Pinkie asked. Fluttershy's face became a light shade of red as the words left Pinkie's mouth.

"Um... well... ah..." Fluttershy said, her voice reduced to a whisper.

"Is it a secret?" Pinkie said as she leaned in towards Fluttershy, her curiosity peaked.

"U-um..." Fluttershy stuttered. as she hid in her mane

Pinkie, seeing that she was pushing her boundaries, relented and leaned back.

"Sorry about that.."

"Oh... i-its fine Pinkie. I-I just brought him over b-because..." Fluttershy trailed off.

"You don't have to tell me, Fluttershy." Pinkie said, secretly yearning to know what they were doing.

"Oh, its alright, Pinkie! He was just h-helping me get stronger." Fluttershy said, trying not to upset her friend.

Oh... w-was it because of me?

Fluttershy didn't respond. Now Pinkie felt really bad.

I scared her into getting Big Mac to help her...

Pinkie rubbed her eyes, making sure that Fluttershy doesn't see her tears, Pinkie's eyes trailed away from Fluttershy's face

"I'm gonna go put my plate up. Are you done? I'll take your's with me."

"Sure. I mean, if you don't mind."

Pinkie walked into the kitchen and put the plates into the sink. She mentally noted that Angel was sitting on the floor, his stomach bloated. That did little to nothing to cheer her up, even though it was a comedic scene. Nothing could make her feel better. She had hurt a friend.

Why did I have to have that dream? Why Luna?!

Pinkie went to go back into the living room, but she stopped at the entrance. She began to look at Fluttershy's wings. And for some reason, she couldn't take her eyes off of them.

They look so... so beautiful. Why couldn't I have wings like that?

Pinkie started to get that urge again. The same urge she had with Pound.

Ignore it, Pinkie! You've already hurt her. You're not doing it again!

Pinkie entered back into the living room. She decided that it would be best if she left before the feelings escalated.

"Hey, Fluttershy. I'm gonna head back to Sugarcube Corner." Pinkie said as she went towards the front door.

"A-are you sure Pinkie? I don't mind having you here as company." Fluttershy said.

"I know Fluttershy... but I really must go." Pinkie said with a ting of annoyance in her voice.

"Okay, Pinkie. Thank you for the cake again."

"You're welcome, Fluttershy." Pinkie said, the annoyance and jealousy a little bit stronger in her voice. Without another word, Pinkie opened the front door and left, shutting the door on the way out.

=================

Pinkie entered her bedroom and collapsed onto her bed. After she came back from Fluttershy's cottage, the day had gone by painfully slow.

I hope I wasn't too rude to Fluttershy when I left. I don't know why, but she really annoyed me for some reason.

Pinkie felt something tugging on her mattress. She looked back down at floor and saw that Gummy was tugging on the bed with his gums, probably trying to get her attention. Pinkie picked up Gummy and put him onto the bed. She then pulled him two her chest and began to hug him, hoping that would cheer her up. It helped, but it didn't make her sadness go away completely.

I feel really bad for what I did to Fluttershy. I scared her a lot more than any monster can. Well, that's probably not true, but I still scared her...

Pinkie hugged Gummy even tighter. She began rubbing his scaly stomach. But, something stopped her when she hit a rough patch in his scales. Rougher than usual.

Pinkie stopped hugging him and brought him up to her face to where she could fully she see him. He had a scrape on his scales.

"Gummy, what happened?" Pinkie asked. Gummy wiggled his way out of her grip and looked down her bed. When she looked down to see what her was staring at, she saw the knife that was under her mattress slightly sticking out.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Gummy! I didn't know that it was sticking out" Pinkie pulled Gummy back in for an even tighter hug.

He must have cut himself climbing up here this morning.

After a moment or two, she let him go. Pinkie then leaned to look down at the edge of her bed and carefully pushed the knife back into the folds of the mattress, making sure that the tip of the knife wasn't sticking out. She then laid back down in bed. Before nodding off to sleep, she felt Gummy affectionately nuzzled her.

=================

When Pinkie opened her eyes again, she wasn't back in her bedroom, she was far from it. Pinkie was back the same barn that her parents had cut her wings off.

Oh no...

Something was different this time though. This time, Pinkie was standing over Maud. This time, she was the one in control.

=================