• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 1,614 Views, 95 Comments

A Certain Urge - TheUnknownPerson



Sequel to, "Ignorance is Bliss..."/// After Pinkie finds out her family's darkest secret, she has to deal with feelings of jealous for her pegasus friends. Will these feelings subside, or will they turn into something more sinister?

  • ...
3
 95
 1,614

XI: Greetings

Author's Note:

Hello. Hope you enjoy it. That is all(once again) :moustache:

Pinkie exited the guest bedroom and walked out into the unfamiliar hallway. She didn't pay too much attention when she trotted through it the last time. Mainly because she was so tired.

I'm glad Cheese Sandwich let me stay here until everything in Ponyville blows over... I'm so sorry Fluttershy.

Pinkie shook off those thoughts and walked downstairs. It was cleaner than the last time she was in there. There was no sign of Cheese.

Guess he's out.

Pinkie trotted towards kitchen and began to look around for something to eat. She hadn't eaten since she got to Las Pegasus.

Let's see...

Pinkie opened up the refrigerator and was greeted by all sorts of things. It was filled with sugar, eggs, flour, chocolate chips, berries, butter, vanilla extract, and all sorts of other things.

I guess I could make some pancakes.

Pinkie grabbed the sugar, flour, eggs, and some of the butter and then shut the refrigerator door. She then took out a mixing bowl, a whisk, some measuring cups, and a bag baking soda from a bow on top of the fridge. Then she sat the bowl out on the counter and began to pour in the correct amount of ingredients.

=================

Fluttershy sat in her hospital bed quietly, waiting for something, anything to happen. The girls still stood outside in the hall, talking about something. She waited for them to return. They had been out there for awhile.

"Pinkie's gone?! Why?!"

That caught Fluttershy's attention.

"She didn't really explain it. It says that she thought it'd be best if she left for awhile. I think that she just wants to decompress."

"I don't know why... if something was wrong, she would've told us."

"What's up with the weird look on your face?"

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking..."

"Ah think she's just scared and wants ta try and figure out why she had those dreams."

Pinkie's gone? Where?! Is she gonna attack me again?!

Fluttershy began to panic. Her thoughts filled with the possibilities of what Pinkie could do to her. She began to hyperventilate, causing the heart-monitor to beep faster.

Beep
Beep
Beep

Calm down, Fluttershy... she won't attack you while there's people around. Not in daylight...

Fluttershy tried in vain to try and calm herself. She continued to hyperventilate.

"Do y'all hear a beepin' noise?"

"Now that you mention it, yes. I do hear something similar to that."

"It sounds like it's coming from Fluttershy room."

Fluttershy heard a set of hoofsteps trot down the hallway and tried to calm herself. But she was unable to.

"Fluttershy? Calm down, dear! No one's going to injure you." Rarity said. Fluttershy continued to hyperventilate.

"Fluttershy, you're gonna pass out if you don't calm down! We're here for you! We aren't going to let anypony hurt you!" Twilight said, making sure that her voice wasn't in a scolding tone, but in one of compassion. It calmed Fluttershy a little bit, but she was still slightly hyperventilating.

"Fluttershy, we ain't gonna let another pony hurt ya. Not now." Applejack said. Fluttershy's breath slowed.

"Flutters', you know that I- we aren't gonna let anypony hurt you." Rainbow Dash said. Fluttershy finally became calm and stopped hyperventilating.

"T-thank you. And sorry."

"Its all right, sugarcube. What friends're for."

"Thank you. Really." Fluttershy said. Everypony nodded to her.

"I-I'm gonna get some rest." Fluttershy said as she turned her head away from her friends.

"All right Fluttershy. One of us will be here when you wake up. Just let us know if you need us. Have a good rest." Twilight said as she motion the group to leave the room. After a few moments, there was nothing but the beeping of the heart-monitor in the room.

I hope they keep to there word... I don't think I'll be able to handle something like this again.

===============

Pinkie Pie took a bite out of her pancakes, the sweet taste doing nothing for her sorrows and regrets.

Stupid Pinkamena... I wish that this was all just a dream...

Pinkie took the last bite of the pancake and swallowed it. She then proceeded to go over to the kitchen sink and clean off the dish. After finishing, Pinkie trotted around Cheese's house, taking in the surrounding. After all, if she was going to be living here for awhile, she'd need to get to know her surroundings. The walls were painted yellow and the floor was a dark-brown carpet. It didn't look bad...

I've got to give it to Cheese Sandwich, he has some good tastes in designs. Guess that'll be his back up job.

Pinkie poked fun at the subject for a moment before dropping it and letting it slide into the back of her mind. She trotted upstairs and repeated the process. The walls upstairs were dark-green and the floor was identical to the one downstairs. Pinkie went through the rooms. There were four upstairs. The first one closest to the staircase was the guest bedroom, the second one next to the first and it was a bathroom, the third was opposite to the first and it was a half-full closet, and the fourth was opposite to the second. Pinkie went to open the door, but heard something shuffling from the inside.

Snnnhuhhh...

Is that Cheese? I sure hope so... cause if not, this is about to get ugly...

Pinkie gently trotted up to the door and softly grabbed the door handle. Then she pushed the door open, trying not to make it creak. She saw Cheese Sandwich, laying in the middle of his bed, wrapped up in bed sheets. His mane was in a tangled mess and he still had on that party hat that he had when Pinkie first came to the house. Apparently, it was just him snoring.

Snnn... huuuhhh

It sounds so weird... and funny!

Pinkie covered her mouth and bit her tongue, trying not to giggle. Unfortunately, that solution wouldn't work for long. She quietly tip-hoofed back, pulling the door and shutting it once she got outside of his bedroom. After that, Pinkie burst into a giggle-fit. It took her mind off of her current situation.

That was... so funny...

Pinkie trotted back downstairs, her ribs aching. She sat down on the couch and began to think over her current state.

I'm won't let Pinkamena influence me anymore. I just need to ignore her and do the right thing.

You can try. Just know, you can't escape me. I'll just find another way.

Pinkie grumbled as Pinkamena interjected into her thoughts.

Do you mind?

Kind of. It's fun messing with you

Will you just leave me with my thoughts?

No. I'm not going for a long, long while.

Well guess what? I'm not gonna listen to you, so you can just go away.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Pinkie felt her body stiffen as Pinkamena tried to take control, taking her off guard.

No! Stop!

If you don't want to listen to me, then I'll make you listen!

Pinkie returned the force that Pinkamena was using. She felt like one half of her body was being torn away from the other.

Stop! It hurts!

I will when you stop trying to ignore me.

Pinkie grabbed the cushion from the couch and held it tightly, trying to focus on anything beside Pinkamena or the painful feeling.

Wait, stop!

Pinkie felt Pinkamena slightly stop for a moment.

What? Are you to submit?

I.. I...

Pinkie felt tears roll down her face. She grabbed her hair with the other hoof and squeezed it tightly.

I'll... I won't-

"Pinkie? You down here?!"

Pinkie stopped for a moment. She felt Pinkamena stop her attack and go into the back of her mind.

"Cheese? Oh, yeah." Pinkie said, thankful that Pinkamena had stopped her assault, but she was also frightened.

I can't let Pinkamena hurt him...

Pinkie ignored her comment as Cheese Sandwich trotted towards the couch.

I think he noticed that I was crying...

"Pinkie, everything a-okay?" Cheese asked as he sat down beside her.

"Um... its nothing. I just h-had a bad dream."

"That sucks."

"Yeah..."

"All right... well, I'm gonna fix breakfast. You want any?" Cheese said as he got up from the couch and trotted towards the kitchen.

"No thanks. I already fix something to eat." Pinkie said, keeping her face pointed away from Cheese.

"Oh, okay. Well, I'll be in here!" Cheese Sandwich said in his usual tone.

I need to make sure Pinkamena doesn't hurt him. I refuse to let her to hurt another one of my friends.

===============

"No, Pinkie!"

"Oh, but why, Fluttershy? Its so fun to toy with you. You're so weak. So pathetic."

Fluttershy felt cold steel drag against her left fore-hoof.

"Pinkie, p-please! We're friends!" Fluttershy begged. This seemed to upset Pinkie, since she felt the knife drag against her skin more aggressively.

"Oh my- how many times do I have to tell you before you get it through that thick skull of your's?! We. Are. Not. Friends!" Pinkie said. Fluttershy felt the knife leave her skin. She then felt the knife stab into her bandaged wound. She wailed in pain.

"Ah!" Fluttershy called out as an old wound was opened and a new one was created.

"Aw... did that hurt?" Pinkie asked in a mocking tone. Fluttershy whimpered.

"W-what do I need to do?! How do I need to c-change to make you stop this!?"

"You see, there's nothing you can do! Because at the end of the day, you'll still be the same-old scared pony that you've always been!" Pinkie called out. This hurt Fluttershy immensely.

"I have never cared about you! You're too useless to be cared about!" Pinkie said as she continued her verbal assault. Fluttershy cried as the words hit her eardrums.

"I-I'm not useless..." Fluttershy muttered through her tears.

"Oh really? What happened when the changelings invaded? You hid in the crowds, refusing to fight!" Pinkie said, giving an example.

"Um..."

"Admit it, you're useless." Pinkie said as she brought the knife to Fluttershy's neck.

"Uh... I-I'm..." Fluttershy stuttered once more.

I... am I really useless?

"I... I'm not."

"What was that?"

"I'm n-not useless." Fluttershy said, standing her ground with what little courage she would have for the moment.

"Too bad... I was actually gonna let you go if you agreed." Pinkie said as she circled the blade at Fluttershy's chest. Fluttershy saw Pinkie lift up the knife and-

==================

Fluttershy eyes jolted open. She was still in her hospital bedroom. Thankfully, no one was standing over her. Not Pinkie, not anyone. She looked around the room. In the corner of room was Rainbow Dash, sitting in a chair.

I'm glad that they kept their word for now.

Fluttershy turned her head back towards the wall and wiped the tears away from her eyes.

Please Luna, let me have a good dream...

===================