• Published 17th Nov 2011
  • 3,578 Views, 155 Comments

Opposites Attract - BronyGuy



A tale of Smarts and Dumbs and one's love for the other.My 1st fanfic so dont expect a 10 star story

  • ...
14
 155
 3,578

Not All Ponies Go To Heaven

It was dark. That was all I was able to understand…

Darkness. Surrounding me… engulfing me… eating me…

I tried to move, but it… it didn’t work. As I flailed about in the pitch-black liquid, all that occurred to me was falling deeper… deeper into the darkness. It wasn’t like the warm darkness of a blanket in the wintertime… it was cold darkness, like being stuck in a freezing winter storm. Suddenly a low booming voice erupted from thin air. I knew that voice all too well…

“Greetings, deary!” Ballpoint’s voice said acidly. At that two hooves formed above me, the right one holding a glistening knife, and the other holding an evil looking syringe filled with a dark purple liquid. Slowly the syringe-holding hoof lowered itself in jabbed the needle into my side. I tried to scream from pain but nothing… nothing escaped from my mouth only the sound of air rushing out of my throat. The needle began to twist, causing shards of pain to explode in my side. Soon however the pain subsided and the syringe was taken out. I let out a sigh of relief, but then grew still from terror as the second hoof— wielding the knife— lowered itself and cut into my flank. My eyes grew wide at the sight of the blade cutting… the blood dripping out from my side— but yet no pain at all. I felt my heart begin pounding in my chest as the adrenaline coursed through my veins. The knife was pulled out and moved onto my neck, I tried to flail around— desperate to delay the blade’s next cut, but found myself unable to move. All I could do was watch as the blade carefully floated towards me… towards my lifeline. The hoof positioned the blade just below my jugular and with one last remark, “Ta Ta.” from Ballpoint the blade was shoved into my neck with a sickening shlunk!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

The ride was long… so long Derpy didn’t realize that the hospital had been so far off from Steel’s old apartment. Through large bumps, and busy intersections Steel and Derpy managed to get Twilight and Dinky to the nearest hospital.

Derpy sat at a near by chair next to the E.R. room. The walls seemed whiter than before, almost bleached. The floor— just a bleached made everything seem like a world of white. The only things keeping her from leaving were Dinky, and Twilight. Twilight… it’s impossible to comprehend what Ballpoint did to Twilight, and more importantly why of all ponies he’d chosen to hurt her…
Dinky sat with Derpy, snuggled up to her— her eyes switching from side to side under her eye lids, indicating she was asleep. Derpy looked down at her daughter, perplexed that her father— Dinky’s own grandfather— would do such a monstrous thing to his flesh and blood. Derpy brushed a piece of mane of Dinky’s eyes, and felt a bittersweet feeling rising up in her. Sure they had rescued her from certain doom, but at a cost. ‘Dinky… oh Dinky…’ Derpy thought as she hugged the sleeping form tighter.

Steel walked up to her, “How’s she doing?” He asked eying Derpy with worry. Over a day since they had found Twilight and Dinky, Steel’s emotions had run dry since then. He no longer cared what he felt, only what had to be done. Derpy somewhat understood him, but still didn’t like the thought as it made Steel seem cold and calculating.

“She’s fine I suppose, I don’t know to be honest.” Derpy brushed Dinky’s mane, as she squirmed in her sleep.

Steel and Derpy heard hoofsteps coming to their right, and soon they were greeted once again by the doctor. Derpy looked up and him, “So? Anything?”

The Doctor did not wear a smile, or show much of any emotion, just a blank face with tired eyes. “M’am, I’m sorry to say but it seems that Twilight is in a coma from the severe trauma she had to undergo. We also found her body charged with excess magic, do you have any idea how that may have came about?”

Derpy and Steel looked at each other, then at the Doctor, “It was me. I tried using my magic to… to try and help her.”

“I see… well as you probably guessed it did little to nothing to aiding her attempts at recovery. It may have in fact, reduced chances of recovery.” He said that with a straight face, but Steel could see it in his eyes he was not taking any enjoyment in this. “We don’t have any approximate time as to when she may wake up.”

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

If that blade wasn’t bad enough.

Oh if that blade wasn’t bad enough, now it got much… much worse. I didn’t know where I was; the only thing that occurred to me was I was running from something. The rocky landscape made hiding impossible, leaving running the only sane option. I darted to my left, around a large boulder and kept the same quick pace. Nothing was getting to me, I shivered upon remembering the knife, and I’ll make sure of it. A fork in the road. I sprinted further, turning to the right, and looked back for just a moment. What a terrible moment that was. I didn’t know what it was, but there was definitely s… something there. The air grew c-colder around me, making r-running a lot harder. “Just a few more minutes, deary…” said the voice. That voice. Why had it come back? If the knife dream-scape wasn’t bad enough, now I was being chased by that same creepy voice. The air grew e-even colder around me, and I became aware that I could see my breath. I turned harshly to my left, almost loosing my balance and falling off the edge of the Cliff-side. I turned back and saw that hideous creature. It’s eyes like pinpricks in a head much too large for it’s body. Its claws… its terrifying claws, and how they cut through the stone wall like butter. What ever it was— it was smiling— obviously enjoying putting me through this kind of torment. I took another right turn around a large boulder, still looking back. The creature’s mouth wasn’t even recognizable, just a jet-black hole with light-blue drool slowly falling out as it ran past. Its legs were long and slender; I was amazed they could even hold up something like the creature. Not only were the legs slender, but the arms…. they were merely sticks with globs at the end— probably for the ‘hands.’ And it had dozens upon dozens of arms, some of then without any ‘hands’ just long sticks jutting out from every which way, it made the whole creature look like some kind of experimentation with a spider and an octopus. I finally made a left turn, but stopped abruptly when I found myself trapped in a dead end. I looked back, but was simply mortified from the appearance of the creature to the point where I closed my eyes. “Deary… deary… deary…” It said with lustful slobber spraying the walls. “Me… oh… my” next thing I heard was a loud crunch and feeling pain like no other…

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Twilight woke with a start, searching the room for anything that might resemble what she saw in her dream. The only thing she was greeted with was white on white on white. White walls. White floor. White Ceiling. White, white, white. She looked to her left and found a tabletop, covered with flowers and a letter. Twilight blinked, taking in what she saw, but soon grasped the information. She carefully reached over and took hold of the letter. With some trouble she opened it and read it. Although it took some time, she was able to distinguish the words and read, though a bit slower than usual.

Dear Twilight,
Steel and I have saved you from Ballpoint, we’ll fill you in later on what happened to you. All that matters right now is you’re safe and secure. When you’re ready you can just ring the bell and send in a nurse to help you with anything.

I love you, and always will,

Derpy Hooves.

It took a few minutes before her brain clicked, but was able to find the big red button. With a light-hearted push it sounded a bell in the speakers, and in less than a minute a Nurse was at her side, “Looks like somepony’s awake! Would you like anything?”

Twilight looked around the room, slowly recalling the right words to use, “Can… can I see D… Derpy Hooves?” Twilight gave a weak shudder and fell back onto the pillow.

“Of course, they’ll be in here shortly.” She exited without another word and soon Derpy came in. Just the sight of Derpy brought back memories of the past. At first little things: Eating muffins with her and… some other littler pony, Reading books with her… no wait… she had books but she only looked at them, and the date— that she knew easily enough. Who could forget something as magical as that wonderful night? She remembered how she messed up the spell, how Rarity tried to be there for her, how she took Dinky… Dinky… hey, hey Dinky! Dinky what who she ate the muffins with besides Derpy. Now it made sense, the littler pony was Dinky. How she took Dinky in as her foal. How Rarity rejected the offer of mothering Dinky with her. How she hired Ballpoint to find Derpy. Ballpoint… Ballpoint… Ballpoint. Something wasn’t right about that word. Why did it sound so… so… evil? Her memory of him suddenly flooded into her conscious. How he used the cow prod to get her to her hooves so she could stand for the next wave of pain. How he’d use Dinky as a tool to get her to obey him. How He’d slice through her flesh with that knife of his… that bloodied, mangled knife. The thoughts came rushing back, and in a panic she focused her attention back to Derpy. “Heh… Hello Derpy.” Twilight said.

Derpy leaned in and kissed Twilight’s forehead, “Hey sleepy head.”

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Twilight sat in a lounging position while Steel and Derpy filled her in on everything that had happened from when they found her to now. Twilight heard most of it, other times though she found herself staring at Derpy with such dreamy eyes it just had to make Derpy stop talking and ask whether she was feeling fine or not. Twilight would say she’s fine and they’d continue, it was as simple as that. By the end of the day, Twilight was in need of rest, leaving Derpy and Steel to wait in the lobby for the next day.

By morning Derpy and Steel greeted Twilight, her conditions already getting better with every hour. “The doctors don’t know what to make of it. They think it’s just some miracle, or dumb luck.” Derpy said.

Twilight nodded, “So it may seem, but I have a theory.” She looked at Steel, “I have a feeling somepony is the cause for my increase in recovery.”

“You don’t think—“

“Yeah I do.” Twilight said, “Whatever you did back in Ballpoint’s hide out, it’s working its helpful way through me.”

Steel didn’t know what to say, he was simply at a loss. “But the doctors said that it wasn’t helping at all.”

“Well I’m no doctor, but do you see this?” She held up her hoof which now only held a small scar in the place of a gash once there only a mere few hours before. “Yeah, neither do I.”

After another day of talking with Twilight, Derpy and Steel left her alone for some thinking time, as Twilight called it, to go get something to eat.

“So you really think my spell thingy actually helped?” Steel asked Derpy as he bit into a daisy sandwich.

“I think it did, I mean do you see how fast Twilight is recovering?” Derpy said while keeping a close eye on Dinky. She was accepting food, but she was still too shocked to do much else. Derpy scooted over and wrapped Dinky in her forelegs. “She may make a full recovery in less than a few days.”

They finished their breakfast and walked to Twilight’s room, where they stood there, mouths opened, as they watched Twilight already walking about the room using a cane, but no less. “Tw… Twilight you’re already walking?” Derpy said as she ran into her, sending them both sprawled onto of the bed. Derpy planted a kiss on Twilight’s muzzle, “I knew you’d be alright in a few days, I knew it!” Derpy said snuggling up to Twilight.

“Yes it’s very good to hear, but I’m not completely healed, yet” Twilight got Derpy off of her, “It’s probably going to take another day.’

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

“Now as you can see, our latest and greatest selection features gold and navy-blue figures sewed into the fabric itself.” Rarity propped one on a nearby table, “It’s almost like viewing a painting, yet in the fabric itself.”

“Ah, very good,” Ballpoint nodded, “And how much would this cost me?”

“Oh it’s not going to be cheap, darling, I can tell you that.” Rarity paused and counted out the amount of bits needed, she turned her back for just a second.

“Gotch’a!” Ballpoint said as he quickly knocked Rarity in the temple with his hoof. She fell to the floor unconscious. “And now we can prepare…”

He looked around the room for anything that may be of use. “Well the table will be needed soon enough.” He moved the table to the center of the room, knocking aside any unwanted shelves or dressers. He picked up a dresser and titled it on its side, using it as a makeshift second table. He walked out of the room, quietly stepped up the staircase leading to Rarity’s quarters and found a few instruments that would come in handy later on. “A shame this one doesn’t have much to use.” Ballpoint looked around the room, genuinely sad, “Well I have my own tool to use.” He stepped back into the room, carefully placed Rarity on it, and began tying her up. ‘If just holding her brought shivers to me,’ Ballpoint thought, ‘I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s going to feel like inside her!’ Ballpoint stole a lick of Rarity’s ear as he finished the final knot. ‘Hmmm, no smelling salts.’ Ballpoint thought eying the room, ‘looks like I’m going to have to wait.’ He said as he pulled up a chair.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Papers and papers. That was what the hospital was all about: paperwork after paperwork after paperwork. But it was worth it, to get Twilight back, and to be a family once again. Derpy couldn’t help but smile at what was happening around her. Twilight was beginning signed out of the hospital, Dinky was becoming more and more stable, everything just seemed right.

“Oh! And one more thing.” The Nurse said, “This was sent by somepony named… Rarity? Yeah, well, here’s the letter.” She gave them the letter and walked off. Derpy hoofed the letter to Twilight, who opened it with ease.

Dear Twilight,

Sorry for everything that happened to you. I have a feeling I’m the one who put you through it. Meet me at Carousel Boutique, there’s something I need to tell you about. Oh, and if you’ve found her already, bring Derpy I need so apologies to her.

With love, Rarity

After a trek to the nearest carriage-port, Twilight, Steel, Derpy, and Dinky finally got off the carriage and stepped into Ponyville. The brisk cool wind blew in everypony’s hair as they walked up to Carousel Boutique. Twilight knocked on the door.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Ballpoint practically fell out of his chair. Company? This early? But he hadn’t even started playing with her. ‘Maybe if I simply wait, they’ll depart.’ He thought. He shifted in his seat, but stopped suddenly when he heard moaning coming from a certain pony. He lunged out of his seat, and shoved his hoof into Rarity’s muzzle, silencing her. Rarity panicked and took hold of the situation; she realized she was bound, meaning the only thing to do was…

She thought for a second, and then bit with all her might on Ballpoint’s hoof. He gave a shriek of pain and pulled back, just as Rarity screamed at the top of her lungs.

“That sounded like Rarity!” Derpy yelled; as Steel slammed open the door.

“I’ll check in the back, Twilight and Derpy check Rarity’s bedroom.” Steel said as he raced through the store. He made a quick turn and saw three doors. He opened up the first one: No good. He rushed to the second one: Still nothing. Another scream pierced through the air, as he Slammed open the third. “Derpy, Twilight she’s ove—“ Steel was pushed back by Ballpoint.

“Oh no you don’t, boy!” Ballpoint said as he levitated a rack into the air, ready to be thrown. Twilight jumped in the mess, and quickly teleported them all to the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.

“What was the point to that?!” Steel yelled.

“Well we don’t want to hurt any other pony besides him, now do we? The farther away from anypony else, the better.” Twilight said as she focused her attention to Ballpoint, “We’re giving you one last chance, please accept defeat and surrender yourself to the law enforcement.”

“Ha! You actually believe that I’d be that dull as to do something like that?” Ballpoint said as his horn began glowing a dark purple, “…Never…” without a moments hesitance, he launched a large bolt of pure energy from his horn toward Twilight. She dodged it, diving to the left as Steel charged at him, horn pointed directly at Ballpoint’s heart. Ballpoint smiled, and with one deep swoop of his hoof, he sent Steel through the air, and landing on a rock. He turned to see Twilight’s own cast of purple light escaping her horn, shooting straight for Ballpoint. With a quick flash, he pounded the energy ball aside, almost hitting Steel’s side. “Is that really the best you can do?” Ballpoint said as he summoned a large void of pitch-black energy. It was sent hurdling towards Derpy, but thankfully she managed to just make it out as the orb careened into the ground, sending shadows and Dark Purple bolts flying in every direction. Twilight had never seen such immense power in one unicorn, but knew the cause of such magical abilities. Dark Magic. Twilight had read about it before, and how it was used eons ago by the lesser unicorns in an attempt to over throw the princess. She shook the thought aside, and kept up the assault. More energy bolts flew from both sides of the field. The air was becoming more and more electric, as Ballpoint sent another Black Void towards Steel; He scrambled up just in time to take the void head on. He didn’t have any other choice, either get hit by a few tons of Dark Magic… or charge it. He took the latter and ran for it. With his horn glowing a light- blue, he pierced through the void with so much force, he pushed it in the other direction. It was a feeling like no other. Cold swept through him, and Steel could have sworn he heard whispers float by him while he was in the void. He quickly stopped and watched as the orb zoomed towards Ballpoint. This took him off, guard never had he seen anypony able to break through that kind of spell! He didn’t have time to react, as the orb found it’s way into Ballpoint. With a gasp he felt the blow like no other. Pure sub-zero temperatures coursed through his body, and he could almost feel his entire being begin to freeze. He stepped back, just in the right spot for a blow from Derpy. She punched him with both hooves, aiming for his face. Ballpoint couldn’t move, having dealt with the cold ordeal, leaving me only able to take each blow upon his face. Derpy was lost in her mind, she wasn’t aware of what she was doing— it seemed as if everything was a blur. She finally eased off, and turned one-eighty to buck him in the face. When she felt the sound and feeling in her hooves of collision, she few back to Twilight’s side. Twilight kept at him with more and more bolts of energy, the light purple beams zipping both passed Ballpoint, and hitting him. Bolts of power sped their way through Ballpoint’s chest, causing bursts of pain to shoot through him. Ballpoint looked up to find Steel’s horn impale his chest.

Silence.

Ballpoint faltered. Steel pulled his horn out, and looked at him. He looked back and found Twilight and Derpy rushing to join him.

Ballpoint blinked for a second, and with one last breath of air, he fell to the ground motionless.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Derpy and I sat on top of a hill, viewing the afternoon sun as it rose past. Dinky was at school right about now, and Derpy took the day off from delivery. Things finally seemed to be getting back to normal. Ballpoint was… gone, Rarity had given us a long and dramatic apology and thanked us for saving her from him. Steel went his separate way, talking about heading back to Canterlot in search of Octavia. I smiled at remembering him. I just couldn’t believe that Derpy had found somepony like him. He truly was one of a kind. I broke free from my thoughts and looked into Derpy’s eyes. She no longer had them cross-eyed, or spoke in her old “dialect” instead she spoke with such grace, it would put Celestia to shame. She gazed into mine, and for a moment we sat peering into each other’s very souls. I broke eye contact for a second when I closed my eyes and leaned in. I felt a sensation completely new to me as our mouths met. The feeling of her tongue entwining with mine sent shivers down my back. I leaned in further, kissing her hard, slowly rolling my forelegs up her back and around her shoulders. We parted for breath, and I looked at her. She was dazzling, the afternoon sun complemented her mane, and her eyes. Derpy looked at me, and we hugged for a long… long time. Never have I felt anything more perfect then sitting with her.

Author’s Notes:
Well we’re here at last. The finale to Opposites Attract. There’s been so much going on behind the scenes in the creation, and in the writing of this piece that I’d just like to make a few shout outs.

MR. FRISBY: Thanks for the help in outlining, and with the cover art (hopefully going to be put up soon) With much love: Thank You.

Banksyt: For helping with through thick and thin, letting me know where things need work, and where things were the best in reading. Hell you even wrote yourself a pretty good version of Twirpy shipping, “Focused Eyes.” From the bottom of my heart: Thank You.

Overall I just want to thank each and every one of you whom read and supported me through writing this, whether it be from Feedback, or just throwing in a little random comment. I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I did writing it! You guys, are what makes this fandom awesome. <3

Sincerely—

Joseph “BronyGuy” Smythe.

Comments ( 24 )

Series Finale is finally finished, I hope you guys enjoy it! Oh, and Happy Hearth's Warming!

YES! BEST HEARTHS WARMING GIFT EVER :pinkiehappy:

Great ending to a great story! Thank you so much BronyGuy!

88116 D'aw no problem, Camo Badger! Believe me, it was sincerely my pleasure making you and everypony else happy! :heart:

Well, now that Ballpoint is dead and Rarity....chastened, things seem to have reached a satisfactory conclusion.

You should write another fic about Steel finding Octavia

88335 I'm glad you enjoyed it! :pinkiehappy:

88483 Actually, that's what I've been planning since... around the time ch6 was posted! I don't know when I'll start on it, but it will be some time soon.

88824
I would have liked Rarity apologize for the whole "waylaying Derpy and setting all this mess into motion" thing but I'll take what I can get/

88830 Well being as I'm leaving town for a week, I wanted to get the finale up before then. It just feels right, eh? I didn't want to have y'all waiting when the chapter could be posted in the same day.

88830 To be honest, I was planning on that but time got the better of me.

88866
Ah, well.....having to contend with what Ballpoint did to her would probably cause Rarity to retreat from society anyway so.......

Lol nice shout out to Frankie there Joe!! :D dude, I fucking love you! Finally!! Perfect ending to a great story!! And no show out to Diego "Fullmetal" Avila?? :applecry: what kinda shizzness is that?? Aww well, congrats bro, congrats!!:twilightsmile:

93389 You enjoyed it, though, right?

Beautiful ending if i do say so myself...
Your truly welcome Bronyguy. I do kinda owe it all to you.
a really great story...but i have a few reservations...(but this is your ending i won't ruin it for you)
Congrats Bronyguy and i do hope you plan on writing again!:twilightsheepish::twilightsmile:

96505 Yay finally you read it! :twilightblush:
Yes the ending is a little bit anti-climatic, sorry but i was rushing and low on time, I do hope you still enjoyed it!
Oh and be on the look out for my next fic, I haven't stopped writing! :rainbowdetermined2:

I liked it, but would have preferred if you had called Derpy: Ditzy Doo.:derpytongue2:

umm i want to read but the description is tempting me but scareing me away im to curoius to follow my rule of not commenting on month old storys but it looks good but im still scared i may read it:rainbowderp:

lol the description was diecving granted im glad it was i didnt want twilight to be dead:twilightsheepish:

47415 You know as I read the description now, it does seem to have that steering effect on me. But thank you for reading my first fanfiction, even though it may be a few months old, and even though I'm not as bad as I used to be. :twilightsheepish:
I'm glad you enjoyed the story as a whole, and I hope to read more of your comments on my other stories. :twilightsmile:

I sorry I haven't been reading your awesome stories.. i remember them, but I couldn't find them and only recently recovered my hacked account xD
will continue to follow you.

833855
Hey hey hey, no worries! :pinkiesmile: Thank you for the compliment, I'll try to do my best to ensure your upmost enjoyment! If you find my stories that much enjoyable why not tell some friends? I'd love nothing more than to have them enjoy my tales. :twilightsmile:

I enjoyed the story, gave it a like, the only thing I felt deprived of was a resolution, a full, detailed resolution. I felt like I needed to know what happened a little afterwards since we've built this chacter arc. I wanted to see a resolution that actually shows the story resolving and not desolving. I enjoyed it, but the ending could have been added on, and I probably wouldn't feel so starved at the end. Keep writing.

Really good story i really like derpy and Twilight together

Yay!:pinkiehappy: Ballpoint's dead. Happy day, Happy day.

Login or register to comment