• Published 13th Feb 2015
  • 307 Views, 4 Comments

Preparations - Pony4Koma



A short story about after "Once upon a time before the peaceful rule of Celestia".

  • ...
 4
 307

Chapter Only

(This story takes place shortly after the events depicted in the play of hearts warming eve.)

The last of the recent snow add finally given way once again to the fertile land and as the last storm clouds disappeared came the hope for a long reign of the harm sun. An old grey coated unicorn with a long white beard and star robes overlooked the Earth Pony, Pegasai and Unicorns of vast [united.] new country of Equestria now working together to rebuild there lives with what little could be saved from their old homes in the frozen north.

"My mentor you look worried?" asked a white coated unicorn mare with a green mane and a scroll and quill for a cutie mark "Did something happened while I was gone?"

The old grey unicorn took a deep breath.

"I fear that one may still see one self more than the other, better than the other." he continued "I fear that the fire of friendship alone is not sufficient to bring for a long peace and prosperity my student."

The mare knew of the wisdom of her teacher, but sometimes she thought he was to pessimistic about...well everything really.

"You fear for who will rule Equestria, I'm I right."

Three playing foals cut in front of the pair of unicorns, two Earth Ponies and a Unicorn, the two younger ones being amazed by the elder one´s use of levitation magic.

"If the old system has to end then no Unicorn, Pegasai or Earth Pony should rule." affirmed Star Swirl the Bearded.

"But that leaves nopony." Clover the clever stopped on all four hooves. "You mean Equestria should be lawless?"

She was troubled by her teacher`s words, had the effects of old age finally reached his senses. Once she had read on a scroll about what happened to the minds of ponies that get to be of the age he now carried and the thought of it (a senile Star Swirl the Bearded) made her cringe.

"Don´t just stand there my student." she had been drifting. "There is some thing I need to show you."

About an hour trot away from... it still didn't had a name... the open hills gave away to a sea of trees that stretched to and around the base of a single solitary peak, not the only mountain in Equestria, but by far the tallest. At the edge of the forest has a small wood-stone cottage, by the absence of nails and other Earth Pony building materials you could tell it was erected by magic, and very recently. Two reindeer stood next to the single door, a bull and a cow, bearing the symbols of royalty.

"How are they doing?" Star Swirl the Bearded approached the two reindeer.

"They are being prepared for the ceremony." a reply from the [mare] reindeer.

For Clover the clever reindeer and been a seasonal sight in the frozen north, coming with the spring going with the winter, never staying still in one place for to long. This was the first time she was so close to one, that she was going to talk to one.

"My student this are King Moss and Queen Char rulers of the migrant tribe." her teacher proceeded with introductions "King Moss and Queen Char this is my student Clover the clever."

"It's an honour your highnesses." She lowered her head and bended her front legs in a respectful bow. "You presence is most welcomed in Equestria."

The bull approached her equally lowering his head and front legs to have his muzzle touch hers and then he helped her back her hooves. She couldn't help herself, she let go of a shy blush.

"Charmed." he complemented. "We do not intend to stay."

From king charming to Moss the rude with six words.

"So do you know what they are?" the reindeer queen asked.

"I looked into my oldest scrolls and I found nothing like this." Star Swirl the Bearded responded. "It´s unique."

That last reply from her teacher spiked Clover the clever´s famous virtue of curiosity. What could by so unique and special to deserve all this secrecy around it?

"..."

Star Swirl the Bearded seeing "that look" in her students eyes knew that now was the time for the grand revelation, he slowly pushes the door open.

The interior of the cabin was lit by a single candle, hanging over a large circular tub at the centre of the structure. Two Earth Pony aids groomed the long pink mane of a bathing white coated winged unicorn and, like a filly, she didn't seem to be enjoying any of it.

The reindeer herd had found them (there where two of them!), next to the circular tub was a night blue mane dark blue coated filly, about half a moon ago has they scavenged for food near the crystal mountains. They looked like ponies, but the elder one was already larger, taller and more majestic than any Unicorn or Pegasai that ever lived.

"What...are...they!?"

Clover the clever had a thousand thoughts going through her head to try and make sense of what she was seeing right now, but even with all her studies she has unable to come up with a reason or explanation. If she has like that how come her teacher seemed so calm about it, how come was even smiling.

"The future rulers of Equestria..." dramatic pause "...and your new students."

On the sun set of that very day the great Star Swirl the Bearded announced that do to is old age he would abandoned the public eye to dedicate is remaining years to his work on spell crafting, and that was only the second most important think announced that day. The flag has then raised and the two sisters here presented to ponykind, along with who would be their tutor, Star Swirl´s every best student.

THE BEGINNING

Author's Note:

Enjoy.

Comments ( 4 )

AWESOMENESS!!!
lol I love the art you got up there >w<

please tell me there will be more >.<

This was just a quick work for a contest, I am glad people are enjoying it, but as of right now I can´t think of more stories and I don't have the time to do more. Sorry to disappoint you.

+ The art is not mine, it was part of the contest entry. Here is a link:
http://mister-saugrenu.deviantart.com/art/Celestia-being-prepared-for-the-ceremony-506118582

Non-Canon epilogue:

Soon, Equestria starts expanding by conquest. Wars of genocide are fought for the new land as ponies start occupying the land that belonged to the natives. The griffons were pushed to the far east, the changelings to the badlands, the reindeers to the forest in the south east, the minotaurs to the south west. Zebra tribes that settled onto the coasts years ago were enslaved to build cities for where ponies would live, to work on farms to feed ponies and to serve in the houses of the nobles. The discrimination against other species of ponies went harmoniously with their extinction and removal from history.

Equestria was a superpower.

Login or register to comment