• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 468 Views, 5 Comments

To Dance A Dream - Poet Knight



A dance pony's life is changed after a chance meeting

  • ...
1
 5
 468

coda Buck

Opal fretted as she got ready for bed. Oh, I hope Glamdancer doesn't hate me for treating her like this. I know she doesn't have the funds to pay me back monetarily, but that's not the issue. Are we moving too fast? I just hope she doesn't think I'm using her.

/-\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\-/

Glamdancer had a less than restful night wondering why Opal had put her up in such a fancy apartment room. It has a maid service for pony-sake! She was also mulling over the party she was told she would be attending. But, the thing that worried her most was Opal's distant-ness for most of yesterday. Hopefully nothings wrong.

/-\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\-/

"Okay, let's review. My dress is ready and my appointment with my mane stylist is set. Now we just need to get Glam a dress and styling as well." Opal sighed as she rode up the elevator to her downtown abode. I am now official a filly-fooler in the tabloids, have a live-in marefriend, and am getting ready to take said marefriend to get ready for our first "public" date. Opal sighed again, heavier, at the direction her life had taken; but a small smile graced her lips as well at the notion.

Glam was doing stretches on the floor in front of the couch in the main room when she heard the sound of keys in the lock at the front door. Looking up and over to it, she was glad the see Opal enter with a small smile gracing her muzzle. Well, at least she looks happier. I hope everything's okay. Glamdancer mused trying to not let the worry show on her face as she smiled warmly at Opal. "Hey you! What's up?" she happily greeted, while hopping to her hooves.

Will I ever get used to her commonality? Maybe... I hope so. "I'm here to get you, Glamdancer. We need to go get you a dress for the party tonight."

"Oh, okay." Glamdancer cringed slightly, chewing her bottom lip. "Do we really have to? I mean, I don't want you spending a lot on me Opal. Just this place is more than enough." she said waving a hoof to indicate the condo.

Opal smiled patiently back, "I don't mind, dear. And yes we do. We are expected, and a dress will be required." Opal's smiled shifted to a smirk as she waved Glam towards the door. "Now come along you silly mare."

Glamdancer sported a wide grin as she playfully vaulted the couch and trotted out the door.

/-\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\-/

"Oh, honey! What do you think of this one?" Opal cringed and glanced towards the mare behind the front counter as Glam's voice drifted across the boutique. Oh dear, what have I done! They had come to the boutique her family usually used, and Glam had made a mad dash to the back of the shop giggling like a little filly. That had earned them a raised eyebrow on top of the look of disdain their mere entrance brought. Of course they have seen the tabloids, why would I have expected they wouldn't. Opal felt her face paling at the thought of what Glam had found, as she heard the mare's hoofsteps approaching; only for it to flare-up into a burning blush as Glam came into view.

Glamdancer was sporting a tight, curve-hugging little Neighponese number that left little to the imagination as to Glam's physique. It's red-orange color was broken up by gold filigree in the form of vines and blossoms. And as Glam turned to show of the piece, Opal even saw it had a little peek-a-boo flap nestled up under Glam's dock. Unexpected thoughts and emotions started pelting Opal as Glam sauntered sensually up to her and gave her a small nuzzle.

Opal, with a heavy blush and thundering pulse, quickly thrust the saddlebag she had been carrying (holding the bits she had brought) into Glam's hooves. "J-just... f-fine... um... I-I'll... Just pick something, and remember to get you mane styled. I need to go, I'll send a driver to pick you be six!" Opal stammered as she rushed from the store to her waiting cab, and leaving quickly.

Glamdancer standing stunned by the reaction, wondered what she had done wrong and if Opal had been angry with her. Slowly going back and removing the dress, Glamdancer chewed her lip in thought. As a idea popped into her head, and after giving the bag a quick estimate, she smiled and ambled to the front of the store. After getting an affirmation from the haughty salespony to hold the dress for a few days, Glamdancer exited the store and galloped towards another more familiar part of the city.

/-\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\-/

Opal paced back and forth in front of her family home, dressed and styled, still trying to deal with the morning's developments. I was wanting to ravish her right there in the store! What kind of pony am I! A lady, let alone any reasonable pony, would not have thought such things! Right? Oh, I hope I didn't scare her; but, I just couldn't trust myself anymore. Am I really such a bad pony... or mare-friend? She quieted her thoughts as her carriage pulled up.

/-\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\-/

Glamdancer was checking over herself in the bedroom's full-length mirror, to make sure her dress and styling were right, when there was a knock at the condo's front door. Wondering as to who it could be as it was still half an hour to six, she opened it to find a stallion waiting for her. "Yes?" she inquired?

"Sorry to disturb you ma'am. I have been sent by Ms. Eminence to take you to the party." the stallion replied.

"Oh! Very well, let me lock up first and then we'll go?" Glamdancer offered. Huh, Opal must want to make sure I'm on time.

"No problems miss, whenever your ready."

/-\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\-/

Glamdancer exited her cab a short time later, outside a posh hotel's ballroom. Assuming it had been rented for the party, Glamdancer walked in looking around the expensive interior seeing many stallions in tuxedo's and a few fancily dressed mares. Not spotting Opal in the throng, Glam proceeded closer inside to try and spot her date. Was she her date? Yes, she has all be called me her marefriend! She must just want our first date to be fancy! Firmly boosting her confidence twith this train of thought, Glamdancer was shocked when a dapper young stallion came up to her and without reservation asked her, "How much?"

"Excuse me?" responded Glam, blinking in confusion.

"How much for you and me to go up to a room and fool around for an hour?"

"I beg your pardon, but I'm not that kind of mare!" Glamdancer nearly shouted, drawing attention.

"Yes, she's not!" A voice dripping with sweetness and sarcasm came to Glam's rescue. "She's only into mares."

Turning to face the speaker, Glam found herself facing a familiar looking mare surrounded by a few stallions. Thinking back, she recognized the mare as Opal's older sister. "Lady Luminescence, what are you saying!" Glam blanched.

"After all, what else could you by my dear? My dear sister pays for a place for you to live, buys you clothes..." Luminescence eyed Glam venomously. "What else are you but my sister's plaything? Her mare-of-the-evening?"

"It's not like that!" Glam screamed back, stomping, tears forming in her eyes.

"What? Did you really think my sister loves you? Somepony so beneath her station? Don't fool yourself, my dear, you're just my sister's little plaything. She'll bore with you soon enough!" Luminescence barked a laughter behind a hoof, joined by her surrounding entourage.

Tears flowing, Glamdancer galloped out of the building.

/-\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\-/

Opal was upset. She had stopped by her condo to pick up Glamdancer but had fond it locked and empty, the door guard had told her that Glam had left in a fancy cab. My sister probably... but why pick her up early? Directing her ride to the party, Opal arrived just in time to see Glamdancer galloping away from the party crying. "Glamdancer!" she called out but was unheeded.

"Oh don't worry about that vagabond toy of yours, she'll probably come crawling back to you tomorrow." Luminescence chided her sister. "Now come inside, I'm sure we can find a mare more to our station for you."

"LUMI!" Opal screamed! "How dare you! No wonder your still a spinster!!" Without another word she galloped after Glamdancer.

Author's Note:

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

A cookie is you figure out the chapter title

Comments ( 4 )

The eyes of the pony in the picture are asymmetrical. Was that intentional?

7378475 First comment, and that's the question! :rainbowlaugh:
Seriously, used a pony-dress game to make the pic then cropped it. My own artistic talents are not that great in that medium.

Luminescence is just plain mean. Reminds me of another mare in this universe. Some pony needs to knock her down a peg.

Aww, I reached the end and wanted to know what else happens.

7470137 Working on it, sorry it's slow going. :fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment