• ...
4
 27
 1,247

Unexpected Arrival

Chapter 3


*5 Minutes earlier*
Twilight and her friends were enjoying a picnic on a hill at the outskirts of Ponyville. Their laughter filled the air around them. The sun in the cloudless sky shone brightly over them. This was a good day.

Then, Pinkies tail started twitching.

“This is different from the normal twitch,” At this, everypony stopped their chatter to listen to Pinkie before looking up into the clear blue sky. To find a flaming object falling from it.

Everyone watched with wonder and then worry as it came closer to the ground. “Where is it going to land?” asked Fluttershy, showing obvious concern for the animals in the area.

Twilight did several quick calculations in her head before answering confidently, “Don’t worry, Fluttershy,” she began, “It should land on that hill right there.” She pointed with her hoof at a hill no more than 40 meters away.

Almost as if on cue, the object impacted with considerable force on the hill, frightening everypony at the picnic except Rainbow Dash and shaking the ground beneath them.

Soon enough, everypony recovered from the initial shock and went to look at the object. It had six flat metal faces shaped in an upside down cone shape. Twilight’s curiosity to learn more about the new and alien object took her closer to examine. Voices from within could be heard as she got closer.

“…are all good, so who has the door controls,”

The voice sounded like it belongs to a colt. Ponies that need our help, Twilight thought. “I do,” another voice, belonging to another colt, chimed in enthusiastically.

“Ok, might as well do this fast, everyone ready?” the original voice shouted back. By now, Twilights friends had joined her inspection of the pod looking thing.

Several voices rang in response, some belonging to mares, with a collective “Yeah”
“Hit it,”

As soon as he said that, the six sides of the steel pod thing hissed loudly before opening like a flower. Twilight and her friends were ready to provide help to whoever was inside. Instead, they see alien creatures clad in what looks like their equivalent to armour falls out of the pod with faces showing pure agony. An ear piercing shriek left the mouths of the six creatures collectively. Fluttershy showed a fearful expression while the others had looks of horror from the sound that the creatures made. A moment later and the creatures began to fall, one by one, face first into the dirt before becoming still.
Fear and wonder mixed themselves in Twilights head, horror at the look of these creature filled Rarity’s mind, curiosity flew through the brain of Rainbow Dash, excitement remained in Pinkie’s head, worry for the creatures health seeped into Fluttershy and Applejack remained cautious.

Applejack was the first to talk. “What is that?” She asked Twilight.

“I have no idea,” She answered, “My books have never had anything about creatures like this.”

“My, it looks dreadful,” Rarity complained.

“I think it looks pretty cool,” Rainbow countered.

“I gotta plan a party for them,” Pinkie shouted.

“I hope they’re alright,” Fluttershy quietly said.

“Ah don’t know about that,” Applejack responded to everyone’s comment.

Twilight began to think using her logical mind. “Ok, Fluttershy,” She perked up at the mention of her name, “You take care of these things, but be careful, we don’t know if they are aggressive or not, tie them up if you have to, Rarity,” Rarity stood straight at her call, “You help Fluttershy take care of them in any way you can, Pinkie, Applejack,” The two stopped looking at the creatures, “We don’t know what they eat so gather some food, any sort of food, to find out their diet, Rainbow,” at the mention of her name, Rainbow Dash turned to attention, “Help Applejack and Pinkie with the food, I’ll send a message to the princess about this then help where I can.”

“Everyone know what they’re doing?” Several nods from her friends followed her question. “Ok, let’s do this,”