• ...
4
 27
 1,247

Spying

Chapter 24


Andrew was walking off towards the hill behind the Library when the humans returned from Sugarcube Corner. At this sight, the group stopped talking completely. A moment went by in silence until Sam laughed, shortly joined by everyone else except Tim.

“What are you laughing about?” Tim asked, oblivious as to why everyone was laughing.

“Andrew’s gone to ‘watch the stars’,” Cloe answered him.

Tim laughed a little at that. “I see what you did there.”

“Should we follow him?” Tony asked.

“You can, I’m going to bed,” Ana announced before walking ahead of everyone and into the tree.

“We should let him have some time alone,” Tony answered.

“Yeah, let’s leave him be,” Tim agreed before walking towards the door with his brother. Cloe and Tony trailed behind them

When they reached the door, it suddenly flew open. The door hit Tim and Sam, knocking them down. A group of ponies came through the door and looked down.

“Oh, sorry bout that,” Applejack apologised.

“It’s alright,” Sam said as he got up.

“You alright?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine,” Tim answered as he too got back up.

When Andrew left their view, the ponies began to move again. “We’re in a bit of a rush,” Twilight told the humans as she past them and walked towards the hill.

“Wait, what are you up to?” Sam asked, suspicious as to her intentions.

“Uhm,” Twilight was thinking of an answer when Pinkie interrupted.

“We’re gonna go do some super sneaky stuff up at that hill!” she answered with too much energy.

Sam gave them a deadpanned look. “You’re spying on Andrew,” he said flatly.

“Oh I gotta see this,” Cloe cheerfully followed up.

“I’m staying out of this,” Sam said. “I don’t wanna get caught.”

“Suit yourself, I’m going,” Tim announced his decision.

“Count me in,” Tony stated.

Twilight huffed. Now our chances of being caught have risen, she thought. “Ok, lets go,” she announced, her voice laced with annoyance.

“Don’t worry, we won’t be caught,” Tim told her as they began their short journey. When the hill came into sight, they saw a lone figure looking up into the sparkling abyss. Noticing who it is and that he was oblivious to their presence, Twilight signaled the group to follow her to the side where a brush large enough to hide the group while keeping within earshot sat.

As the group got comfortable in the brush much to Rarity’s complaining, Cloe noticed a dark figure swoop down and land next to Andrew. “Luna has arrived,” Cloe whispered to the part of the group not paying attention who responded by ceasing their shuffling and listening as hard as they could.

“How has thine night been,” Andrew asked Luna cheerfully.

“Quite good so far,” came her answer.

“That’s good, my day was better than expected,” Andrew continued. “You should have seen the look on Twilot’s face earlier.”

“What’s that about,” Tony quietly asked Twilight, who was simmering at what she just heard.

“That should stop her from asking questions about that topic for now,” Andrew continued, oblivious to the group hiding a few metres away.

“What was the topic,” Luna asked.

“Just something I prefer not to talk about, which reminds me about a time…”

“You asked him about his feelings, didn’t you,” Tony interrupted the hearing of everyone else, trying his best to sound serious while remaining undetected. He got shushed by everyone but twilight.

“…how was training the guards?” Luna continued the conversation on the hill.

“Better, they aren’t gonna get rofl-stomped anymore,” Andrew answered.

“Rofl-stomped?”

“Beaten really easily.”

“How so?”

“Well, they can actually hit something with magic consistently now. The ones that can’t use magic can easily manoeuvre in close combat, so I say quite the productive day.”

“Well that’s good.”

“Indeed it is,” their conversation ceased.

“They look so cute together,” Rarity whispered to everyone, enticing a giggle from the humans of the group.

“Wait,” Andrew spun around and looked at the nearest brush, which happened to be the one that everyone was hiding in.

“What is it?” The Princess asked the human.

“Someone’s hiding nearby,” he answered as he narrowed his eyes. His expression softened soon afterwards as he turned to Luna. “No matter, I just remembered something important.”

Luna looked at Andrew, her hair flowing around as her head turned. “What is it?” she asked, a look in her eyes that none could tell the meaning of.

“Sorry bout yesterday,” He apologised. “That was an extremely embarrassing thing to happen and I just wanted to apologise for making a really awkward situation.” Andrew went into thought. “You know, talking about it is awkward.”

Luna just laughed at the human, leaving him dumbfounded. She calmed down slowly. “There is no need to apologise, that’s the first time it has ever happened to me.” Luna suddenly threw her hooves in front of her muzzle.

“…Ok, this is awkward,” Andrew facehoofed as he said this, the group in the bush almost revealing themselves as they all stifled their laughter.

Luna giggled nervously. “Yeah, it is.”

Andrew sighed as he turned to the sky once again. “For both our sakes, let’s move on to a different topic.”

The two remained quiet as they stared into the stars together. The ponies and humans in the brush remained silent, waiting to see if there was any more to be heard. “Nice night sky once again I must note,” Andrew broke the silence.

Luna smiled at his compliment. “Thank you.”

“No problem,” Andrew smiled as a swirl of magic appeared in front of Luna. The swirl shrank quickly before flashing like a camera, releasing a popping sound and revealing a scroll. Luna took the scroll and opened it. Andrew watched as the night princess’ expression hardened into a scowl.

“What’s up?” He asked.

“Something’s come up,” Luna answered, annoyance evident in her voice. She stood and spread her wings. “I’m so sorry for cutting this short, but I must go.”

“It’s alright, there’s always tomorrow.”

Luna smiled at Andrew one last time before taking to the sky, her wings carrying her to Canterlot.

Andrew sighed as he turned to the brush from earlier. “You can come out now.”

Cloe popped up first, an annoyed look on her face. “How did you know?” she asked, though it sounded a lot like whining.

Andrew smiled. “Cause I’m awesome.”

Rainbow dash popped up next, a similar expression on her face except a bit angry. “Hey, only I can be awesome!”

“Sorry.”

The rest got out of the brush, huffing in frustration. “You’re real lucky,” Tim told Andrew.

Andrew kept smiling. “Well why don’t you join me some time?” He asked rhetorically.

“How did you know we were there?” Twilight asked.

“You all laughed.”

“…oh.”

“Well then,” Andrew slapped his hooves together. “Let’s head to bed, don’t want Sam and Ana having any fun, now do we?”