• ...
4
 27
 1,247

Andrew

Chapter 14


“Don’t chase him,” Sam shouted at Rainbow just before she jumped into the air. He looked into the distance, watching Andrew fly away.

“Why not?” the rainbow maned pegasus asked.

“Because he’s upset,” Tim answered.

“Why should we care?” Rainbow asked rudely.

“You don’t,” Tim answered equally as insensitive.

Cloe walked up beside the brothers. “You know where he’s heading?”

Sam observed the direction of the far off pegasus for a moment. “Back to the clearing,” he answered. He sighed before turning towards Ponyville. “Let’s go.”

“Wait,” Anala began, “he’s upset. Shouldn’t we, you know, cheer him up?”

“No,” Tim said. “He will just try and run again. Let him take his time, he’ll be back when he feels better.”

Anala shrugged at his answer before going with the idea. Sam turned towards the ponies. Twilight felt somewhat better now, her friends successfully cheered her up.

“You alright,” Sam asked Twilight.

Twilight sniffed. “The things he said,” she said as her head turned towards the human in pony form. “Are they true?”

Sam was taken aback by this question. He didn’t want to answer it. He looked away, trying to avoid the subject.

“Are, They, True.” Twilight demanded an answer.

“I don’t know what he said,” Sam answered, getting a sigh of relief from the pony. “But, knowing him, they most likely are.”

Twilight’s mood dropped once again, remembering Andrew’s words. Her eyes welled up at the thought that they might be true.

The humans turned back towards the town. “Let’s get some lunch,” Cloe said, “you can tell us what he said while we eat.”

Twilight looked at Cloe with a look of worry. “What about Andrew?” she asked.

“He will come back when he feels better,” Tony answered.

The ponies and humans began to make their way back to town. Twilight took one look back, concerned about the missing human. She quickly thought about what to do before walking away.

The large group continued down towards of the town, talking about assorted things. “So, what are your exact thoughts on our practice?” Tony asked Rarity.

“Oh, I think it is simply barbaric,” she answered.

“Well it can’t be that bad,” Tony reasoned.

“They just attack each other, no concern for one another’s health,” Rarity retorted.

“Did you see the one between Andrew and Sam?”

“Well, no. We were too late for that one.”

“That’s why you think they have no concern for each other’s health,” Tony concluded.

“Well whatever do you mean?” Rarity asked, curious as to why the human would think that about her opinion. Surely the other fight played out similarly, Rarity thought.

“Well, you see those two,” He indicated towards Sam and Tim, both were arguing about something stupid. “They’re brothers.”

“Wouldn’t that mean they care about each other?”

“Not exactly,” Tony answered the question. “I can say that they care about each other but the two of them compete against each other over everything.”

Rarity seemed confused. “So, they both want to be better than the other?”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

“And that happens to include fighting.” Rarity concluded, understanding the reasoning but still thinking such things were barbaric.

Sam’s voice invaded the conversation. “Hey, guys.”

“What is it,” Cloe said.

“Where’s Twilight?”

Everyone stopped. The words hit the group hard. They all looked around, trying to find the missing pony. Cloe was the first to get the idea. “Did she go back to the clearing?”

Everyone turned towards the clearing and ran.

________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight made her way to the clearing, thinking of an appropriate approach to the situation. The clearing was getting close when a noise made its way to Twilights ears. It came from the clearing. Fearing the worst, Twilight ran as fast as she could towards the clearing at the edge of the forest.

When she entered, the same noise made a loud comeback. The noise sounded similar to an explosion, except much quieter and accompanied by a sort of whining noise that sharply dropped before winking out. The small explosion behind her blasted a hole into a tree and made her duck and cover her head with her hooves.

“HOLY SHIT!” Andrew yelled out.

He ran over to her, dropping the rifle in his hands. His iron clad human form dropped to its knees as he came to a halt next to the unicorn. Twilight’s hooves fell back to her sides as she looked up into the human’s eyes. Tears were streaming down his face.

“I’m sorry,” He apologised, a whimper escaping his mouth. “I’m so sorry.”

“I-Its ok,” she said, “No pony was hurt.”

“W-What? I almost killed you,” he said loudly, his control over his emotions faltering.

“Then be glad that you didn’t,” she tried to comfort the taller being.

He sniffed before offering his hand, which Twilight took. Helping her up, he stood up and returned to his previous position in the middle of the large clearing. He picked his rifle back up before taking aim at his target. Twilight looked in the direction the rifle pointed to find Andrew’s sword stuck in a battered tree.

“Ya know,” He began talking, “I seem to have this weird tendency.” The report of his rifle firing filled the pause in his speech, sending a dart of blue out which hit the handle of his sword. “It seems that no matter how hard I try.” Another bang, another direct hit. “I will almost always hurt someone around me.” Three shots fired, one direct hit. “And I don’t want to do that but the world seems to make me anyway.”

Andrew then held down the trigger of his gun, sending a steady stream of bullets at the makeshift target. Almost every shot missed the sword, tearing the tree to shreds. A stop in the gunfire followed by a hiss indicated that the battery was depleted. Andrew then ejected the case and placed it in a slot on his suit before pulling another one out and placing it into the bottom of his gun. Pulling the charge bolt back, he flicked a switch on the side labelled safety before turning to the unicorn.

“I just don’t want to hurt anyone no more.” His eyes once again leaked tears as walked to the battered tree. The thing looked like it was close to falling. As he ripped his sword out, the tree did, in fact fall over and crash into the ground. He sat down on the wrecked tree and put his head in his hands.

Twilight approached the sitting human. As she sat next to him, he raised his head from his hands. “Hey,” she said.

“Look,” he said, “I’m sorry for hurting you.”

“No,” Twilight said, “I’m sorry for making you upset.”

“But you didn’t.”

“Yes I-“

“No you didn’t,” he interrupted. “Don’t blame yourself for something that you didn’t do.”

The unicorn was surprised by the human’s outburst. He genuinely believes she didn’t do anything wrong.

Andrew suddenly raised his head and looked at Twilight. "Tell ya what," He began cheerfully, "We both seem to be in shocking moods."

Twilight giggled softly. "Yeah, you could say that."

Andrew shifted his body slightly. "How about I tell ya the positives about humanity."

Twilight almost jumped at the idea. "I would very much like to hear that," she answered giddily.

The human smiled. “Sweet,” he said before jumping up and becoming encased in a bubble. He emerged from said bubble, pony in form. “Let’s catch up to the others.”

________________________________________________________________________________


The large group of ponies were running, and in some cases flying in the direction of the clearing, fearing what could happen. “How close are we,” Anala yelled up at the flying brothers.

Sam squinted his eyes, looking towards the forest. He saw a small purple form walk out accompanied by a brown form. “They’re leaving the forest,” Sam replied.

“That doesn’t answer my question!” Anala shouted back in frustration.

“He better not hurt Twilight or I’ll show ‘im a thing or two about bein’ hurt,” Applejack voiced her thoughts.

“I’ll kick him to Cloudsdale,” Rainbow added.

As they got closer, they heard his voice. “…and then he saw what caused the sound, but I can’t tell you cause you’re not a monk.”

“What?!”

“Twilight!” the girls yelled out in relief as they hugged their friend.

“Hey girls,” she said in response.

“HI EVERYONE!” Andrew shouted. Everypony and human winced slightly at the random outburst. Rainbow proceeded to tackle him to the ground, receiving a satisfying grunt of pain from the human. “Damn, everyone seems to love kicking my ass,” he mumbled to himself.

“You better not have hurt her,” she growled at Andrew.

“Well-“

“Rainbow, relax,” Twilight interrupted him. “I’m fine.”

At this, Rainbow Dash flew off of Andrew, whom proceeded to get up. As he stood on his hooves he winced in pain. “Thanks for the bruise,” he thanked Rainbow sarcastically.

She just grunted before slowly flying towards town as everyone else walked behind her.

“So,” Tim asked Andrew, “You alright.”

“Yep,” he cheerfully answered, “all because of Twilight there.”

At hearing the praise, Twilight blushed. “Oh, it was nothing.”

Andrew smiled at her. “Thank you, I owe ya one.”

“Ah don’t worry about it.”

“Too bad, you get one anyway,” he stated, “So where was I up to before.”

“Art,” she answered.

“Oh yeah.”