• ...
4
 27
 1,247

Day 3

Chapter 16


The dark basement met the retinas of my eyes once again as I awoke from my sleep, hoping that today they won’t continue the Luna thing. That got really annoying. I look around a little to find everyone is still asleep. Wow, how late were we awake till last night? I groaned as I slipped out of bed and stood up on all fours. Still a pony at least.

I quietly made my way to the stairway before I heard voices upstairs. Seems that Twilight has visitors or something, maybe a ‘close’ friend? I slowly made my way up the stairs till I found a point where the voices sounded coherent.

“…just made a pillar in the middle of the library,” a voice belonging to Twilight said.

“Wait, how is that possible?” Rainbow’s voice chimed in. “I’m no genius but I thought pegasi can’t use magic.”

“They can’t,” Twilight answered. “But he is a species that comes from a different universe completely.”

“But I thought the spell you used turned them into ponies,” a completely new voice spoke.

“I thought so too, Spike,” Twilight replied, “But they can somehow switch between being human and being a pony at will.”

“Never heard of that happening,” The new voice which I now know is Spikes said.

Ok I’m done listening. I walk the rest of the way up the stairs and poked my head out. I saw Spike, Twilight and Rainbow Dash sitting around a table eating breakfast. I stepped out into the library quietly, trying to avoid alerting the three individuals at the table. Might as well have fun while I’m at it.

Spike, however, noticed my sneakery. He gasped loudly. There goes my fun.

“Thief!” he screamed loudly.

“Aw, ruin the fun why don’t you,” I say.

“Spike!” Twilight shouted at the dragon, “Calm down.”

“B-but he’s trying to steal stuff,” he tried to reason.

“Aw now that’s just insulting,” I interject.

Twilight turned to face me, giving me a look that instils fear into me. “You’re not helping.”

I backed up a bit, fearing for my life. Damn that looks scary. She turned back to Spike and began speaking. “Spike, this is Andrew.”

“Sup,” I greeted with a smile.

“Uh, hi,” he greeted back. I already like him.

“Heh, I like this guy already,” I said. “So anyway, how are you all?”

“Actually, pretty good,” Twilight answered.

“Eh, alright I guess,” Spike followed.

“Uh, yeah I gotta say something,” Rainbow said.

This caught me a bit by surprise. I thought she hated me. “Ok, so what is it?”

“I uh,” she struggled to say more, “um, sorry.”

“Wait, what for?” I asked. This is getting confusing.

“Yesterday,” Rainbow said quietly.

Oh yeah, that. “What’s to be sorry about?”

“Well I did tackle you several times for no reason,” she gave her reason.

“Well I see no problem with it, really,” I said. “Let’s be real, that’s what I would do if someone made my friend cry.”

“Wait,” Spike spoke up. “So if someone hurt your friends, you would attack them?”

“Hell yeah I would,” I answer. “The amount I would kick their ass is directly proportional to the amount they hurt my friend, multiplied by two and subtracted by how much stronger they are compared to me.” You know, that sounded cooler in my head. Maybe that last bit killed it.

“Woah, remind me not to make you angry,” the dragon said.

“Actually, knowing this world, everything is stronger than me,” I say.

“Still doesn’t reassure me,” Spike replied.

“Anyway, we’re getting off topic,” I say before turning to Rainbow Dash. “I accept your apology but think nothing of the incident, it’s totally understandable.”

“Heh, thanks,” she replied with a smile.

“No problem,” I say, returning the smile.

I heard hoof steps behind me and spun around to see Tim slowly approaching. When he saw that his sneaking failed he stopped trying. “Aw, I was this close,” he said.

“Well I’m just a boss like that,” I cheekily reply. “Oh yeah, Spike, this here is Tim.”

“Hey,” Tim greeted.

“Hi,” Spike returned the greeting.

“Aw it’s so cute,” Cloe suddenly appeared next to me, making me jump.

“Cute?” Spike said, getting a little red in the cheeks. Is that even possible?

“How did you do that?” I ask Cloe.

She simply shrugged. “Dunno.”

I looked at her in disbelief. “Anyway, Spike, this here be Cloe.”

“Hey,” Cloe said cheerfully, smiling at the small dragon.

“Uh, hi,” he greeted awkwardly.

I turned to the stairs, expecting more people to come up it. No sooner had I looked did Anala, Sam and Tony come into view. “Morning,” I greeted them.

“Morning,” They replied in unison.

“So,” I began as I spun to face Spike, “This here be Sam, Tony and Anala.”

“Hi,” Anala, Sam and Tony greeted collectively.

“Uh, hi,” Spike nervously replied. Maybe he’s scared of the idea of six random ponies sleeping in the basement.

“So anyway,” I said, “What are we doing today?”

“Relax a bit,” Sam advised. “I don’t thing you want to get your ass kicked again.”

“Wow, thanks,” I say. How can he be sure that I will get my ass kicked again.

“Yay,” Cloe cheered, “Relax day!”

“Meh,” Tim said.

“What,” Tony began, “You don’t like the idea?”

“Oh no, it’s just that I don’t really care what we do,” Tim answered.

“Alright, let’s get to it,” I announce.

“YEAH!” We all shout out while bumping our hooves together. As we finished our discussion, I turn to see the ponies in the room giving us confused looks.

“Human thing, you’ll get used to it,” I tell them, hoping to alleviate their confusion.

“Hey,” Cloe spoke up, “Let’s go to Sugarcube Corner.”

“Cool idea,” I say before turning to the two ponies once again. “If you need us, you know where to find us.”

We walk out the front door with Sugarcube Corner as our destination. Our peaceful stroll was interrupted by a small explosion in front of us. The burst of flames landed a mere meter from me, warming the air in front of me. I was about to turn and accuse Cloe of doing that when a six foot tall humanoid creature came into my view. It turned to face us before letting out a deathly screech.

“Run,” I said as I turned back to the library and ran, my friends trailing behind me. We needed our weapons.

The run was short and uninterrupted, the imp giving up on the chase after finding that ponies are faster than it is. We busted through the door, startling a reading unicorn and pegasus. I ignored their protests and ran down the stairs. As I hit the bottom of the stairs, I forced my body to morph into its original form as fast as I could. Metal plates folded out over my body, encasing me in the now familiar power armour. I grabbed my guns as the others followed suit and grabbed their respective weapons. We dashed back up the stairs once again and took up positions around the front door.

“What the hay is going on here!?” Twilight shouted at us.

“Demon attack,” I answered. A look of horror surfaced on Twilight and Rainbow’s faces. This is their home.

“Well there goes our day of relaxing,” Cloe said.

“I know,” Anala said, “I was looking forward to today.”

“We all were,” Tony said.

“Well what are we doing,” Twilight said frantically, the panic in her voice evident.

“Yeah, let’s go kick them out,” Rainbow said before trying to bolt out the door. Luckily, I was right next to it.

“Woah there,” I say as I block the door, “You’re staying here.” A burst of flames on my back accompanied with the warnings from my suit told me the demons were close. I slipped to the side of the door, taking cover from the flames. Tim fired his rifle out the door in the general direction of the source of these fireballs.

“WHAT!?” Rainbow and Twilight yelled.

“You’re both too important to die today,” I said. “Besides, we got this.”

“You got this?” Twilight yelled at me, “You can barely hold your own against Sam for ten seconds!”

“Lucky Sam’s on our side,” I retorted before going into thought. If I remember everyone’s weapon choices then I can formulate a plan.

“Well Andrew, what is your plan,” Twilight said, still panicking about the survival of her home.

I stopped for a moment as a plan came together in my head. “Alright, this is the plan,” I began, “Sam, you and Anala go to the balcony of the library, you both have precision weapons and can cover us or just take them out from there.”

Not waiting for a response, I continued, “Cloe, you and Tony can skirt around town and save as many ponies as possible.”

“Tim, you and I are gonna distract and lure all the demons into Sam and Anala’s kill zone,” I concluded.

“Uh, that don’t sound very good,” Tim voiced his concern.

“But it’ll be fun,” I say in response. “Now while we’re at it, war cry?”

Tim smiled, “Which one?”

“I think you know,” I said as I returned his smile.

“Oh, for the sake of everything, HURRY UP,” Twilight screamed at us.

“Alright, on three,” I say, getting ready to run out.

“One.” My body pumped in the adrenalin.

“Two.” I notice everyone tense up, ready to spring into action.

“Three.”

I spun around the corner and jumped out the front door. I drew in a deep breath as Tim and I shouted the war cry as loud as we could.

“WAAAAAAAAAAGGHH!”