• ...
4
 27
 1,247

Stargaze 2: Gaze Harder

Chapter 15


I sat at the top of the same hill as last night once again. Cloe and Tony decided to join me this time, apparently to see how things will ‘play out’. Maybe they think that I like the Princess or something stupid like that. Meh, don’t really care if they’re there or not, we’re only out here to look at stars, right.

Gazing up into the sky, I thought back on the day. So now Rainbow Dash hates me now. I better apologise for whatever sometime soon. I’m not absolutely sure whether Rarity or Applejack hate me but I better plan to apologise about this afternoon.

“So I see that your friends have joined you today,” the voice of Luna sounded.

“Yep, humies dig stars,” I say almost factually. I can actually safely say that all humans like stars.

“Is that so?” Luna replied.

“Well, generally many people like the stars from what I know,” I said.

“Well it seems that they aren’t paying attention to the sky,” she said matter-of-factly.

“Oh yeah,” I said as I turned to the princess. “They’re here to see how things ‘play out’, whatever that means.”

I looked back up at the stars. “At least I am doing what I intended to do.”

“And what would that be,” the night princess asked.

“Looking at awesome stars and hanging out with my friends,” I answer.

The conversation seemed to end at that comment, Luna making no reply. No idea why really. A series of possibilities ran through my head. Had the conversation truly ended? Did she disappear?

“You consider me a friend?” Oh, didn’t see that one.

“Well, why wouldn’t I?” I answer with a question. I love doing that.

“Well, I am the princess of the night and…” she trailed off.

“Ones status in society doesn’t matter to me,” I say to her.

The silence once again fell upon us. I look over at Luna, she was looking down, a smile on her face. Aww, cute.

“Thank you,” she said really quietly.

“Don’t worry about it,” I say. “Anyway, how was your day, or night, whatever it is?”

“Oh,” she was taken aback by the question, the same one I asked yesterday. “Well, it has been good,” she answers, “how about you?”

“Well,” I began, “I went out, got my ass kicked, got fireballs thrown at me, got tossed onto the ground, hurt Twilight’s feelings-“

“What?!” Luna shouted in surprise.

I raised my hooves defensively as I quickly formulated my response. “Hey, it was an accident,” I said, “I told her the negatives about humanity and, well yeah.” I looked down, ashamed at the memory.

Before she could respond, I continued. “It’s all sorted, Twilight followed me after I ran off and I apologised.” I paused for a moment, keeping my emotions in check. “I then proceeded to cheer her up by telling her all the positives of humanity, get tackled by rainbow and now I am disliked by a bunch of people.”

Luna looked confused. “Oh yeah, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow now hate me because of what I did.”

Luna backed up a bit. “How can you be so casual about it?”

I shrugged my shoulders or whatever they are. “Comes natural to being me I guess.”

“Eh!” I heard shouting behind me. I turn to see Tony and Cloe behind me. Oh yeah, forgot about them for a moment there.

“What!” I shouted back.

“Get on with it,” Cloe yelled out. “I wanna see you two kiss already.”

What?! I looked away and back at Luna who had red cheeks. Well this is embarrassing. I turn back to face my friends sitting at the base of the mountain. “No!” I shouted. “Just no!”

“Aww,” I heard Cloe whine quietly as Tony laughed. Damn, this is really embarrassing. I’m getting them back later.

“Anyway,” I say as I look to the stars. “Embarrassing moments aside, I’m just gonna look at the stars.” I need to get better at this one day.

“Sure, I better return to Canterlot,” Luna said, that blush still on her face. Damn ponies and them cuteness. “My sister is probably worried about me.”

“Understandable,” I say. “See ya tomorrow night?”

Luna smiled. “Yes, I’d like that.”

“Alright,” I say cheerfully. “See ya tomorrow.”

“Good bye,” Luna said before turning around and taking to the sky. I watch her fly towards what I believe is the general direction to Canterlot before turning to my friends. Large grins were plastered on their faces.

“I hate you guys so much,” I say to them.

“No ya don’t,” Cloe replied cheerfully. “Ya love us.”

I rolled my eyes. “Sure I do.”

“Aww, admit it,” Cloe jested. “Ya like her.” Tony snickered at her comment. Wow, what a nice bro.

“Suure I do,” I say sarcastically. “Let’s just get back to the library already.” I begin to trot off towards the giant tree of a library, not really caring about the others at the moment.

“Alright, stay in denial,” Cloe said before following me to the library.

“You do realise you have a chance with her, right?” Tony asked.

I stiffened. “Yeah, I do but I’ve got a home to get my friends to.”

“Oh yeah,” Tony murmured.

We reached the library door when we started hearing arguing. Those brothers are at it, aren’t they? I opened the door to see something I never expected.

“…that even possible?!” Twilight shouted.

“I said I don’t know,” Sam answered.

“HEY!” I shouted, interrupting everyone and allowing me time to look at the scene in front of me. There was a random pillar of wood right in the middle of the room. Sam was standing on top of it, looking down at everyone from ten feet above the floor. There was a quiet voice that could be heard but I couldn’t make out the words.

“Alright,” I began, “First, what is that?”

“That,” Twilight answered, annoyance laced deeply in her words, “is a pillar of wood Sam there made.”

I took the new info in. So Sam can create things. Now everyone but Tim and me have awesome powers. “Ok second, Can you get rid of it?”

Twilight huffed. “No I can’t, it’s different from other things,” she said.

I look up. “Sam?”

Sam’s head popped over the edge of the pillar of annoying. “Yeah?”

“Could you do me a small flavour and try and get rid of this pillar?” I asked.

“Uh, I’ll give it a whack,” Sam answered.

“Thanks,” I say before walking over to Twilight. “So,” I began. “What happened?”

Twilight sighed. “Well I was about to head for bed when that pillar just appeared from under him,” she explained.

“Ok, I think I-” I was stopped by a low rumbling noise as the pillar slowly disappeared. Sam stood on the top, eyes closed in concentration as he used his newly acquired powers to destroy what he created. As he reached the floor, his eyes opened.

“Seems that Sammy there has powers,” I said, a smirk in my face. I turn to Twilight to see her slack jawed at the display of power.

“B-but how…” she muttered.

“Magic seems to affect humans something shocking,” I say to her. “You saw the lack of a horn while we tossed fireballs and healed headaches.”

“Uhh, I’m just gonna sleep on it,” Twilight said as she turned to the stairs.

“Good night,” I say to her.

“Good night,” She says back. As she disappeared up the stairs, I turn to the other stairs and start my trek to the beds.

“I’m a go to bed,” I say to the three humans.

“We’re coming too,” Sam said.

We all walked down the stairs quietly. As we got to the bottom, we saw Anala trying to get some sleep but not quite getting comfortable and Tim sitting on his bed reading a book. I made my way to my bed before flopping onto it.

“Hey guys,” Cloe said. “Guess who’s getting in with Luna.”

“I hate you guys so much right now,” I say bitterly.

“No ya don’t.”