• ...
4
 27
 1,247

Arming up... Again.

Chapter 9



“Why did you kill it,” she yells furiously, “It was probably sacred.”

“Well…”

“We could have talked to it,” She continued to rant, “We could have negotiated with it.”

“But…”

“My student has a point,” Celestia interjected. Damn everyone’s against me. “We could have asked the creature why it attacked.”

This is irritating. “You all done yet?” I say, not hiding my annoyance at being interrupted.

“So why,” Twilight asks.

I sigh. “Do you even know what that was?”

“Well, no but it was scared,” she answered.

“Are you sure,” I ask, my anger rising, “Did you look into its eyes and see fear.”

“Well…”

“That Demon does not fear, does not show mercy and hates everything,” I rant, “How can you talk to something that only wants to see you dead, how can you negotiate with something that wants to watch the world burn?”

The silence met the end of my rant, leaving everyone to think about what I said.

“Killing it not only saved us, but you, Ponyville and the world from a painful fiery death.”

A moment later, Twilight looked at me, staring straight into my eyes. Her gaze felt almost invasive. “Why would it do that,” she asked, tears streaking down her face.

This is not easy, but the question was directed at me. “It’s just the way it is,” I tell her. “Some things in the universe want peace and prosperity, others want a safe home.” No, this isn’t going to work.

“Here, I’ll give an example,” I begin, “We humans live in a very twisted way, compared to Equestria. We all want different things, some of us want a safe home while others want more. This draws us into conflict, nations going at it for generally good reasons. Resources, land, to stop bad people, whatever. But of all the good qualities we have, there is always the one percent that wants everything, that want to hurt people because they’re different, that want to see everything burn. Where these things come from, things are opposite. The one percent wants peace and friendship while everyone else wants to see everything die.”

“That’s why I shot it, why it died today,” I conclude my speech.

Everyone silently took in my speech the entire time. I turn to my friends to say one thing.

“Gear up, I don’t want to get caught like that again.”

Everyone nodded and gathered their weapons. I sigh and pick up the shotgun before walking towards the pod.

“Andrew,” I spin to see all seven ponies approaching me. They wore looks people have when they are about to apologise.

“I’m sorry for upsetting you,” Twilight apologised.

“Yeah, upsetting people is no fun,” Pinkie followed.

“It wasn’t right fer us ta have yelled at ya like that,” Applejack added.

“We were not understanding ponies and ask for your side before we judged you,” Rarity spoke up.

“Yeah, even though it was kinda cool,” Rainbow interjected.

“Um… I’m sorry for not trusting you,” Fluttershy quietly said.

“I understand the position you were in, being responsible for the workings of Equestria and I am sorry for not seeing things from your perspective,” Celestia said.

“I’m sorry you had to see that,” I apologise back, “It was brutal and merciless, and I scared you all.”

“Oh, It’s ok,” Fluttershy meekly said.

“Anyway, sad speeches aside, I got stuff to get,” I say before running off towards the pod.

I get in to grab the remainder of weapons that I was given. Now that I have a reason to need them, I don’t want to be without them. The demons will eventually come back and I want to be ready to take them on.

My collection consisted of a Plasma Pulse Gun, or PPG-32 as the guardian calls it. It’s a short weapon with a 40 round magazine and a range of 400 metres, which was pretty good. Looked a lot like one of my nerf guns as well. As I slung the pulse gun over my shoulder, I pulled out the next weapon in my arsenal is the shotgun in by hand, apparently called the Desolater. It fired a plasma discharge capable of terrible damage. As I slung that over my other shoulder, I pulled out the last two weapons in my section of the pod. They consisted of a simple pistol and a sword. The pistol worked similar to the pulse gun but had a far slower fire rate and, somehow, infinite ammo. It even came with a little holster for itself which I clipped to my waist. The sword, however, is a mystery, which I blame on magic. It was indestructible and could never dull, which I tested before the drop. Damn thing is impossibly tough. I clipped the sword and its sheath to the belt that the pistol holster came with.

So, the only thing missing now is my armour. Wish I had it on my.

Suddenly, a brief flash of white emanated from my body, bright enough to nearly blind someone for a second. I suddenly felt heavier, as if something was teleported onto me. I really wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.

I look around to find whatever happened only to find nothing. Something was on my back. Must be whatever is making me heavier. I reach around to grab whatever it is only to find that it won’t move. I could feel a piece of paper attached to it. Pulling it off to see what it is, everyone crowded around me, staring at my back in wonder. I look down at the note and read.

Andrew
Sorry about the flash but you’ll get used to it.
Have some armour, didn’t know that the last set would disintegrate on contact with the worlds atmosphere. Anyway, have a good one.
GOD

Wow, he’s fuelling his own ego.

More flashes emanated from my friends as what I assume is the Guardian sending more armour our way. Weird discs appeared on the backs of my friends, all with little sticky notes on them.

“Hold still for a moment,” I tell Sam, who happens to be the closest to me. As soon as he stopped moving, I pulled off the note and gave it to him. I walked around, doing the same for everyone else.

When everyone finished reading their notes, I began to wonder how to use it. Knowing the Guardian, he will probably make these discs produce bubble shields or something. “So how do we use these,” I asked everyone.

“Don’t know,” Tim answered. Well this sucks, How do these work.

A creeping feeling spreading across my back caught me by surprise. It spread across my body at an alarming rate. I look down at my arms to find a silver lining growing across them. Everyone, including the ponies gasped in surprise at what was happening to me. It grew to encompass my entire body, losing my vision as it covered my face. What is it?

Clinking noises could be heard as the all too recognisable sound of metal coming in contact with metal. A whirring noise soon followed, sounding like my hard drive. My vision returned to me in a sudden fashion, temporarily blinding me. When my eyes recovered, several digital displays popped into my sight. A heads up display! AWESOME! I always wanted one.

Ok, time to pay attention. One of the many displays said something about a neural link. It’s connected to our brains. Turning my attention to other displays, I drank in the information as fast as I could. Nano Skin underlay, Energy Shield System, Nano Armour monitors, Munitions recharge ports and an Adaptive form system. Dunno what the last bit is, but I don’t care. I’m in freakin’ Power Armour.

“Wow,” I heard Tim say behind me. I span around to find everyone staring at me. Apparently my armour looks awesome enough to stare at.

“I know, it’s pretty sweet,’” I say.

More displays appeared, identifying my friends and highlighting the ponies. Target identification systems as well. This thing will make life too easy.

The humans all tried looking at their backs, trying to figure something out. I tried to think but the awesome displays were distracting. Wait, if this is connected to our brains then if I think about having no helmet, the helmet should disappear.

I was proven right as the HUD disappeared and my vision became black for a moment before returning to me as the Nano Skin retracted back into the disc. My friends looked at me, surprised once again at what happened. “How did you do that?” Tony asked.

“The things are connected to our brains,” I answer, “just think it on.”

“How does that work,” Anala asked.

I sigh, “You don’t watch enough Sci-fi stuff.”

Her questioning stopped as everyone else was slowly enveloped in the silver suit that was the Nano Skin. As soon as the entirety of their bodies were completely sealed in the Skin, metal armour plates flipped out from the discs on their backs, encasing them in protective steel plates. They all look fairly intimidating now. Lights began to glow along the leg, arm and chest plating, making it look a lot like something from Tron. The Guardian obviously loves ripping off of movies. Then again, that probably has its own universe.

As their helmet lit up with several lines of light streaking across the frontal face, the armour finished its self-setup bull. Now all of us look badass. Well, nearly all of us.

“So, what do we do now,” I asked everyone. “I say we D up and train for the use of those powers that Cloe and Tony have.”

“Hey, why is it that only Tony and Cloe have powers,” Tim complained.

“I’m pretty sure that all of you have powers,” I answer him, quelling his complaining.

“What does D up mean,” Cloe asked.

“Set up shop and get some defences.”

“I agree with the training bit,” Sam interjects, “but I would prefer to meet the locals.”

“Meeting the ponies will most likely cause disaster,” Tony retorts, “especially if we come across Lyra.”

“What could possibly happen,” Anala asked, “We have guns.”

“First of all, no shooting ponies,” I began, “Second of all, ponies don’t know what guns are, except the seven ponies over there, and three, Lyra will chase us down and ask too many questions.”

“Maybe we could help you there,” Celestia said.

“Ok, what do you suggest,” I ask.