• ...
4
 27
 1,247

Moar Intros

Chapter 6

As we waited for Fluttershy to return to the room, we all heard the hoof steps of more than two ponies. Wait, they’re all here?

In a sudden explosion of confetti, the legendary pink pony of rule breaking burst through the doorway in slow motion, literally. It was surprising to see everyone else in the room jump in fright, also in slow motion. Did time just slow down?

I'll think about that later, this is entertaining.

The looks on my friends faces as their muscles moved to form startled expressions was priceless. It was awesome. Unfortunately, time returned to normal and my friends squeals reach my ears. Then the onslaught began.

“Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie, what’s your name, do you like cupcakes, do you, do you, do you?” she suddenly gasped loudly, “I should throw you all a party, a Welcome-to-Ponyville-nice-of-you-to-drop-by-in-a-metal-box Party! We’re gonna have streamers and cake and punch and confetti and cupcakes and balloons and pirates and…”

“OKAY, so anyway, names Andrew,” I interrupted, cutting off Pinkies long party speech.

“Why hello Andrew,” the unmistakable voice of Rarity came as she entered the room, somewhat uncomfortable around us. Understandable.

Rainbow Dash flew through the door, and hit me. Ran straight into me. The impact sent me flying a few metres, throwing me into the bed. Managing to get back up through the pain, I look up to see Rainbow was already up, in a defensive fighting stance.

“Stay away from my friends!”

“Rainbow!” Twilight shouted, “What are you doing! They were trying to introduce themselves.”

Rainbow stopped and chuckled awkwardly. “Oh, I knew that.”

Sam was the first to introduce himself. “Hi, I’m Sam.”

“Hey, I’m Cloe,” Cloe happily said.

“Hello, I’m Tony,” Tony greeted.

“I’m Tim,” Tim said flatly.

No greeting or intro from Anala. She really doesn’t like the ponies. Guess I’ll do it for her.

“And she,” I began, gesturing towards the brown haired girl, “is Anala.”

“Well,” Rarity said calmly, “nice to make your acquaintance.”

I sat down and listened to the random conversations that occurred after our introductions. Tony went and talked to rarity about designs of some sort. Sam started to discuss random, physics related stuff with Twilight. Tim walked over and idly talked to Fluttershy, receiving no reply about anything he was talking about and Cloe attempted to out talk Pinkie, with Rainbow laughing at their antics. Anala, however, sat back and avoided the ponies, moving over to where I sat.

“Why do you trust them?” she asked, genuine concern showing, “you don’t even know them.”

I sighed. “That is where you are wrong,” I began my speech, “I know how these ponies work, I know that they are peaceful by nature, I know not to break a pinkie promise, I know that Twilight loves knowledge, I know that Fluttershy loves to help animals, I know that Rarity is a local dressmaker, I know that Applejack runs an apple farm, I know that Rainbow is the fastest flyer in the world, and I know that the princesses are good people, or ponies in this case.”

“I trust them because I know them enough to trust them,” I concluded my speech, “and so do the others.”

Anala was silent, taking the new information in. Before long, she walked out and joined the conversations going on. I, however, sat back in silent observation, thinking about the time slowing thing that happened earlier.

Is it possible that the magic in this land is affecting us in adverse ways? I don’t know, but it’s possible. The guardian altering us while we were in the drop pod sounds far more plausible. The guardian has been fairly secretive about stuff so far so it wouldn’t be surprising. Maybe he designed a serum that used magic as a catalyst, causing mutation of the body and mind to facilitate accelerated brain processes and efficient neural activity.

Applejack walked up to me, having walked around and listening to everyone and everyponies conversation. My thoughts can be shared later.

“So,” she began, seeming far more comfortable talking to me. “Why ain’t ya talkin with the others?”

“Cause I sorta don’t have anything interesting to talk about,” I answer her.

“Well, why don cha tell me about ya home,” the hat wearing pony asked.

Eh, why not.

“Well then,” I began, “I like home, even with the many downsides.”

“What sort of downsides,” Applejack asked, a look of scepticism on her face.

“Well,” I began to answer, “there are a lot of bullies and mean people, trust issues that all humans have and the generally large amounts of violence in the world but other than that, it’s pretty cool.”

The look of horror on her face at what I told her served to remind me of the peacefulness in this world. Damn, well she wanted to know.

“T-that’s horrible,” She stutters out, “how do you live in a world like that.”

“Skill,” I reply cheekily, inciting a chuckle out of the apple farmer.

“No, really,” she said, “how do you live in a world like that.”

“Well, I just focus on the good things in life,” I replied, giving a confident smile.

“Well that’s-,” her reply was interrupted by a rapid succession of thuds. I look up to find the ponies looking down at the limp forms of my friends, looks of concern on their faces. Seems that the process happened earlier than predicted.

“Well I did tell them to sit down,” I said to no one in general, getting up to put them into far more comfortable positions. This will annoy me. I might as well ask for help.

“Do you ponies mind if you could help me out?” I asked.

All of them jumped up and said a collection of affirmation. After a bit of effort and magic, we got Tim, Sam, Tony, Anala and Cloe onto the beds. “Thanks for the help,” I thanked them.

“Aw it was nothing,” Rainbow replied, showing her confidence in ample quantities.

A loud knocking noise from downstairs caught everyone’s attention. Someone is here.

“Um, I’ll get it,” the meek voice of Fluttershy spoke before she walked out the door and down the stairs.

The tension in the room grew in anticipation to who it is.
“Hey Twilight,” I whisper, “who do you think it is.”

“I don’t know,” she replied in a similar whisper to mine.

“Guess we’ll know soon enough,”

Soon enough, the sound of hoof steps could be heard. Who is it?

Fluttershy emerged from the doorway, followed by no one. I guess it was just mail.

Just then, I was proven wrong.

Another pony walked through the door, one of huge importance.

“Hello, my student, and hello to you, human.”

Aawwwwwwwwww Shit...