• ...
4
 27
 1,247

Evolution

Chapter 5
They watched as he fell to the ground with no warning. Everything in the room was shocked at the randomness of the situation. The humans were the first to take action.

"Well that was random," the solidly built human said, trying to slow the fear growing in every humans mind, including his. "Lets get him somewhere comfortable to sleep, or whatever he's doing."

Two of the five humans still conscious move to pick him up before one of them stopped and turned towards the ponies.

"Excuse me, but do you mind if we could use one of the beds upstairs?" The slightly taller one of the two asked politely.

"Sure," Fluttershy answered, in a more confident voice, "go right ahead."

"Thanks," it replied before continuing with its intended task. Using their arms to lift the once talkative human, the two carrying him began talking to each other.

"What do you think happened," the shorter one began.

"Don't know, at least he's still alive," the other replied.

Their chatter faded as they ascended the stairs, leaving the three ponies with the three remaining humans. The silence between the two separate groups lingered for a moment before the tall, male like one talked.

"So, How was your day, he asked, trying to ease the tension.

Applejack was the one to reply. "Good, until you six basically landed right darn on top of us,"

"Well, sorry about that," the orange maned human girl apologized.

"Hey Cloe," the tall human called out from the window at the far end of the room, getting a reaction from the orange maned girl, "look at this."

At this, the human called Cloe walked over to see whatever he wanted to show her. "What is that," she said, looking at something out the window.

"I don't know."

"It's probably some creature from the Everfree Forest," Twilight answered

“It’s not,” Tony said flatly.

“How would you know,” Twilight asked.

“It’s bipedal.”

This caught Twilight off guard, she has never heard of a bipedal creature in the Everfree Forest. Twilight ran over to the window to see the new creature only to find it nowhere to be seen in the sunny afternoon light.

“Where is it,” Twilight asked in confusion.

The tall human next to Twilight lifted his hand and pointed with some sort of appendage towards the tree line. “In the shadows.”

Squinting her eyes, Twilight began to see the outline of a tall bipedal creature. The look of this creature seemed to radiate dread. She quickly looked away and stepped back from the window.

“What is that,” she said, fear lacing her words.

“I don’t know,” the tall human began, “But it’s gone now.”

“Good,” twilight replied with relief, “I don’t think it’s here to be nice.”

“What do you mean, Twilight,” the shy voice of Fluttershy spoke up.

Twilight turned to her friend and began. “The creature just felt,” she paused to search for the right word, “Wrong, it felt wrong.”

“But how could any creature be wrong,” Fluttershy asked.

“Yeah, it ain’t no different ta any other critter from the Everfree Forest,” Applejack chimed in.

“Well I’ll be upstairs to see what’s taking Sam and Tim so long,” Cloe interrupted.

“I’ll join ya,” the quiet girl said quickly.

“Ok, I’ll try to answer the ponies questions,” the male human said.

_________________________________________________________________________
*Unknown amount of time later*
I slipped back into consciousness, again, to find a large, soft object pressing against my back. I open my eyes to find the ceiling, must be on a bed then. My hearing slowly returned to me, allowing me to hear the voices of Sam and Tim.

“…us, I’d trust him.” A voice, Sam’s I think, said.

“I would too,” a second voice, Tim’s, replied, “but how will he take it.”

I slowly got up from the bed, my head hurting for some reason. I could see Sam and Tim heading for the door. “Hey,” I spoke up, alerting the two of my conscious state.

They turned to face me, surprised about something. Dunno what it is.

“Quick question,” I began, “how long was I out?”

Their surprise quickly wore off after my question. “About a minute,” Tim answered.

Wait, that can’t be right. “Really?” I said.

“Yep,” Sam replied matter-of-factly.

“So what was that about?” Tim asked.

“Oh it was some random evolutionary process that happens after exposure and how do I know that?” I blurted out of nowhere, the pain in my head receding slightly. How do I know this?

“…What,” Sam and Tim said, almost in unison.

“Oh knowledge about this was inserted into my brain during the process and I just answered my own question didn’t I,” I, once again blurted out, with the pain practically disappearing.

“Yeah,” Tim told me, “you did.”

“Wow,” I began, “does this make me super smart?”

“Square root of 906.01 is what,” Sam asked me.

“30.1,” I answered flatly, “I did play Mass Effect 2, Sam.”

“Oh yeah,” Sam replied, deflating his cheery mood a little.

“Anyway,” I began as I jumped off of the bed, but before I could continue, Cloe walked in through the door.

“Andrew!” she shouted, surprised that I’m conscious. “You’re up already?”

“Well, yeah,” I answered.

A moment later, Tony and Anala walked through the door. Both seemed slightly surprised buy my recovery, but Anala seemed irritated about something.

“Sup,” I greeted the two.

“Sup,” Tony greeted me back. Sadly, no greeting from Anala. She probably doesn’t like me.

“So what was that about?” Cloe asked. I saw that coming.

“Oh it’s just some evolutionary process that’s gonna happen to all of us,” I said, not knowing where that last part came from. I’ve learned to not to question that.

Everyone reacted to what I said, backing up with looks of fear on their face.

“Ah don’t worry,” I reassured as best as I could, “it doesn’t hurt.”

Everyone relaxed after that. Everyone, except Anala. Damn, she don’t trust me one bit at all.

“And how exactly do you know,” she said questioningly.

“The process inserts knowledge in your head as well as enhance your body and mind,” I answered, again not knowing where the last bit came from.

“Suure,” she replied sarcastically.

I give up. “Well you best get comfy,” I said to everyone, “don’t wanna collapse when you’re standing up now.”

Everyone took my advice and sat down. Once everyone got comfortable, the pony walked, or is it trot, through the door to join us. Twilight, Fluttershy and Applejack seemed more relaxed than before, but something seems to be agitating Twilight. I’ll ask about it later.

“Sup,” I greeted the ponies.

“Now what in tha hay is that suppose ta mean,” Applejack said, annoyed at what I said.

“Human greeting, basically means what’s up,” I answered her.

“Fluttershy,” a new voice, got a sort of English accent in it. Probably Rarity. “You home, dear,” Yep, Its Rarity.

At this, Fluttershy jumped up and flew out the door, literally, to talk to Rarity.

A silence hung in the air as Fluttershy was gone. I was thinking of ways to troll the ponies more as well as thinking of possible outcomes to our introduction. This is going to be interesting…